JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 653 reviews matching the search See all 20,995 reviews
The work days went by good !
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 17, 2019
Jcpenny is a good job opportunity for a teenager !! The pay is good and the employees are very nice :) the days went by at a good pace . The customers were very respectful towards me:)
Great customer Service
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 16, 2019
I have great customer service I work very well with others. I work very hard to achieve my work goals and get the job done. I’m consistent in helping my customers With any problems or concerns. I’m always on time and prompt ready to work. I have a pleasant and friendly tone over the phone. I’m capable of taking up higher roles and responsibilities.
So-so.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYSeptember 9, 2019
Working at JCPenney is quite stressful, though over time you slowly learn how to balance your tasks with everyone else's and get the job done. However, if so much as one person slacks off, the entire team can be held back at the end of the day. You also eventually create great bonds with your coworkers, as you see them so often.
Great for teens first job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 8, 2019
Overall, it was just a job. It’s very important you make yourself look busy, otherwise, they make something out of nothing. It’s still a pretty easy job.
Hours are not consistent enough to make a living , pay increases are 20 cents or less annually
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 5, 2019
Find something better , Jcpenney works you to death for VERY little pay 💰. JCPenney doesn’t give real raises and hours are cut occasionally. Hourly pay increases are a JOKE ! They only give about $0.10 to $0.20 raises. They expect you to do so much with very little help and we’re constantly short staffed because of the high turnover rate. If looking to make $200 every two weeks go for it but if you have bills to pay look somewhere else!
Worked here for 3 long years
Pros
Coworkers are nice and makes the job better
Good
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 5, 2019
Very good management. Very good job . Flexible schedule. Co workers were very friendly. The work environment is always positive. Very few complaints . A very easy Job
it was okay
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 4, 2019
Some of the managers were pleasant to work with while others weren’t. Co-Workers were great and make you feel welcomed. Overall not a bad job to work at.
Worth it to work here
Sales Associate/Cashier/Omnichannel Associate (Former Employee) –  Meyerland, TXAugust 27, 2019
I enjoyed the people i worked with and the customers. Helping them find what they need felt so rewarding after the fact. I enjoy helping customers and people in general.
No healthcare until you've been there a year that's the worst thing
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 23, 2019
Very needy customers can't seem to ever look for anything on their own. No health insurance until full time for a year. I've never heard of any company making you wait that long!
Flexible schedule, Great management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 23, 2019
love to help the customers there and co-workers are really friendly! The atmosphere is really good. The current manager is outstanding. JCPenney is a great company to work for. They have great benefits for you and your family. You can have flexible hours and they will work with you In case of aspect that you will need.
Productive place to work with wonderful people
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2019
Everyone at JCPenney are wonderful people and working there is a good first job. The most enjoyable part is meeting all the wonderful people. I do enjoy working there and feel my skills are put to the test.
Competitive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CAAugust 21, 2019
Jcpenney is very competitive. Fast paced, but if dedicated enough you can make management, plus full time hours. Friendly, not so helpful at time. I suggest you have some kind of experience of retail if you want to work at JCPenney.
Solid Job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 21, 2019
JCPenney is a good company that will take care of their employees and provide wonderful customer service to their customers. I've enjoyed working for this company.
Work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 21, 2019
Its repetitive, but it's a job. The atmosphere is good. Its competitive, you must know a lot, but you also go through training in the first 2 weeks, so you'll be fine. Overall, it's pretty good position. You get to make your own schedule, ect. Love it.
Pros
Make your own schedule/hours. 25% discount to employees.
Cons
Repetitive duties.
Bad
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 16, 2019
Broken promises and unfair. Didnt find the experience pleasing, there was plenty of favoritism there at the shop and they gave unfair pay to their associates
Pros
Discount
Cons
Will tell u one thing, then its flipped opposite
I liked working here but you barely get hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAAugust 15, 2019
I liked working here but you barely get any hours and they don’t ask you if you can work on Black Friday because you only get paid if you work in the morning or at night
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 15, 2019
I was very pleased with how lenient the company was with their work hours. I was able to complete my schooling, along with working enough hours to financially support myself. Another thing I really enjoyed was my co-workers. They really brightened my day and it helped the store run like it should.
Very productive but poor communication
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2019
Working here was good, coworkers were amazing. Most management was good at there jobs. Working with schedules however did become a bit of a problem for those who had school.
Poor management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2019
No one answers the phones or checks voicemails.
They don't prevent problems. They wait for problems to occur and then they might address them.
Aside from management, it's an alright job.
I worked at JCP when I was 17
Sales Associate/Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, PAAugust 6, 2019
Everyday we had to ask customers if they wanted to sign up for a store credit card. It was annoying because our managers pressured us into doing so. It was mostly a competition. But other than that, it's a fun place to work

56.5K