JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 701 reviews matching the search See all 22,062 reviews
Friendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 26, 2020
A typical day at work is usually slow, which can be a food thing, letting associates and I get more stuff done around the work area. I’ve learned generally how retail stores work and about the product that is sold.
I enjoyed working
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 25, 2020
It was a great experience working at JCPENNY... I love working with the customers and helping customer find clothes and shoes and etc. When u have happy customers. They will continue to come back
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 24, 2020
The way they do and say things weren't not helpful. You didn't have the amount of hours you wanted. I felt I wasn't treated in a respectable way. No organization.
Friendly management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 23, 2020
Everyone in management are friendly and call you if they need you to come in. Work well with schedules for school and other things. A lot of friendly people.
Not a positive work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJanuary 23, 2020
I worked here for a long time and they overwork you for little pay. It’s also not a very positive work environment. I would only recommend this job for high school students
Jcpenny
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2020
It is exciting to work here they work with your Schedule You meet new people and have a great team to work with I learn so much how to communicate more with costumers
will work you to the Bone and not a lot of guidance
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CA 94533January 19, 2020
I worked there for a seasonal gig and I was ready to be let go after it all BUT what I wasn't ready for was to be thrown into the floor with NO HELP I was not trained correctly, favoritism was a huge role played working in this facility the women who hired me would constantly try and downplay my successes and make me feel Inferior on purpose I can't be in an environment where the "leader" is constantly bringing down the workers just so she can stay at the top I was dead on my feet everyday they will work you to the Bone and then wonder why you are tired ...highly DONT recommend working here I have a very long work stamina but working here was just to much
Pros
• some co-workers were very friendly and kind
Cons
• I was not trained by anybody • they get mad when you ask for help • not very team oriented
it was a ver fun and great place to work
Sales-Cashiering (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 15, 2020
I love working at JC Penny, even though the pay suck and the management do people wrong. They will lay u of without telling you. One min you have hrs then the next min you are on the schedule but with no hrs and no one talks to you about this.
N/a
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 11, 2020
Working here was a great experience it showed me how to deal with the customers additude and also it shows how you should always have a smile on your face...
I really like the company
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 5, 2020
Jcpenney it’s a great company to work for , there manage awesome and they are fixable with their schedule. The first reason got me there is schedule time because I was going to college. Second is there’s 25% associate discount. So I do recommend this company.
Flexible hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 2, 2020
At both stores I worked at the store management was very good. Corporate management changed so often you never knew what to expect. They are a good company to work for
Pros
Good starter job
Cons
You never know what corporate is doing
Management was great and always so helping and respectful. The people I worked with were always so including and helpful.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 30, 2019
Everyone was nice and helpful. They made sure you were trained the correct way and efficiently. Management was amazing and helped with schedules and making sure it was all good.
Overall Decent
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yreka, CADecember 21, 2019
It is a very easy job with lots of other good employees. However, there are a few people that were unfairly fired. The schedule is flexible with other schedules.
It’s okay.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CADecember 13, 2019
I worked there for a while and I didn’t enjoy it. I wasn’t trained properly and made many mistakes that I wouldn’t have made if I had been trained. By far, one of my least favorite jobs.
Nice place and beautiful environment to work in
Cashier and Salesperson (Current Employee) –  District Heights, MDDecember 12, 2019
It is a very lovely place to work especially because of the very friendly staff members. They make you feel very welcome
Being my first job in America gave me opportunity to interact with customers and learnt how they react when they are not satisfied with our services
The hardest part of the job is the very long hours you have to stand on your feet ..
Nothing Special
Team Member/Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 5, 2019
Barely above average experience while employed by JCPennys. Underappreciated and overall felt the store handling was disorganized. More job security or growth opportunities would have helped. Ok for a temporary part time job.
Pay
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eugene OregonDecember 3, 2019
The pay is what the state start pay. Plus $ 2.00 extra if customer FILLED out a credit card and got approved. That's what the Managers focused on. They hire for seasonal and if you don't get enough people to fill out credit card application and get approved they look down on you. And let you go at the end of the seasonal work
Review on Pennies
JCPenney Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 3, 2019
Pennies is one of the biggest department stores in the country, and many job seekers view it as an attractive place to work. typical day at work is keeping the store clean and presentable. The staff smiles and is always greeting customers. The most enjoyable part about working is getting sales and keeping the customers satisfied.
Great
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2019
Great place to work . It was friendly and family oriented environment. The management staff was awesome as well. The pay and benefits was great to. Slow and fast pace.
Company has double standards for different employees
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 27, 2019
They do not treat people fairly... I was fired for a lie... I was told in August 2018 about doing a credit card without I’d... which was a lie... it took manager till oct 24 to fired me... 8 years with a company I gonna put my job on the line for 2.00... 2 months no warning no write up.. Something is definitely wrong in that store.. it has happen to many people wrongful termination...

56.9K