JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 710 reviews matching the search See all 22,269 reviews
Beware of management
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 18, 2020
The manager was very unfriendly very unfair lost a lot of people because of her
The job itself was rewarding helping people out I worked in curtains and loved helping people decorate
Productive and friendly
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXFebruary 9, 2020
Working at JCPenney would usually be checking people out, helping people with anything they needed. Peer pressure from trying to get people to apply for credit cards.
Decent employment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 9, 2020
Not a bad place to work they offer employee discount and usually have a good schedule

Having to ask each customer if they do not have a Penney’s charge card to do application was not one of my favorites things
Although i enjoyed my job i didnt like managment. I was. Cheated out of some pay and they woukd constantly change my schedule without telling me
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTFebruary 9, 2020
Dont expect to have a life. Working here is extremely consuming. The management is over baring. They will change your schedule with no warning. I had my schedule changed the morning of my shift. It's hard to balance life and work.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Messy managment
Great place.. Lacks in training in most departments or positions.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 6, 2020
For the most part, seems like managers know what to do to get through their shift but doesn’t seem like they work together as often to make shifts a bit easier. Also with scheduling, the supervisors or HR don’t seem to work together either, and don’t give great hours.
Decent
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2020
Cashier, towards the end of the day all of the associates helped clean the store and put clothes together. I learned more about customer service. Management was decent. Not too involved. I liked my co-workers very much. Only part I disliked were the late hours the workers had to stay sometimes left around 12am.
Basic retail position
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTFebruary 1, 2020
Wasnt there long. I wasnt scheduled for a whole week and then got a call asking where I was, told them the schedule didnt have me on it and they saud I had to check every day? So I let, because I needed reliability and a steady schedule.
Pros
money for bills
Cons
poor management
Enjoyed working there
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVJanuary 29, 2020
We had a new manager this year. He was very friendly and outgoing. He even helped out on the floor at times which was unusual as the previous manager that I worked with stayed in her office most of the time. I was always treated fairly and felt if I had any questions, they would be answered. A good place to work!
Nice clean store to work in. Nice merchandise.
Sales Associate - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 28, 2020
Hours were flexible. Helping customers find merchandise were appreciative. Had difficulty at first trying to put merchandise from dressing room back on the floor. Hardest part of letting everyone go after the holidays.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Let you go after holidays.
Friendly environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 26, 2020
A typical day at work is usually slow, which can be a food thing, letting associates and I get more stuff done around the work area. I’ve learned generally how retail stores work and about the product that is sold.
I enjoyed working
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 25, 2020
It was a great experience working at JCPENNY... I love working with the customers and helping customer find clothes and shoes and etc. When u have happy customers. They will continue to come back
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 24, 2020
The way they do and say things weren't not helpful. You didn't have the amount of hours you wanted. I felt I wasn't treated in a respectable way. No organization.
Friendly management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 23, 2020
Everyone in management are friendly and call you if they need you to come in. Work well with schedules for school and other things. A lot of friendly people.
Not a positive work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJanuary 23, 2020
I worked here for a long time and they overwork you for little pay. It’s also not a very positive work environment. I would only recommend this job for high school students
Jcpenny
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2020
It is exciting to work here they work with your Schedule You meet new people and have a great team to work with I learn so much how to communicate more with costumers
will work you to the Bone and not a lot of guidance
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CA 94533January 19, 2020
I worked there for a seasonal gig and I was ready to be let go after it all BUT what I wasn't ready for was to be thrown into the floor with NO HELP I was not trained correctly, favoritism was a huge role played working in this facility the women who hired me would constantly try and downplay my successes and make me feel Inferior on purpose I can't be in an environment where the "leader" is constantly bringing down the workers just so she can stay at the top I was dead on my feet everyday they will work you to the Bone and then wonder why you are tired ...highly DONT recommend working here I have a very long work stamina but working here was just to much
Pros
• some co-workers were very friendly and kind
Cons
• I was not trained by anybody • they get mad when you ask for help • not very team oriented
it was a ver fun and great place to work
Sales-Cashiering (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 15, 2020
I love working at JC Penny, even though the pay suck and the management do people wrong. They will lay u of without telling you. One min you have hrs then the next min you are on the schedule but with no hrs and no one talks to you about this.
N/a
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 11, 2020
Working here was a great experience it showed me how to deal with the customers additude and also it shows how you should always have a smile on your face...
I really like the company
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 5, 2020
Jcpenney it’s a great company to work for , there manage awesome and they are fixable with their schedule. The first reason got me there is schedule time because I was going to college. Second is there’s 25% associate discount. So I do recommend this company.
Flexible hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 2, 2020
At both stores I worked at the store management was very good. Corporate management changed so often you never knew what to expect. They are a good company to work for
Pros
Good starter job
Cons
You never know what corporate is doing

56.9K