JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Associate

Found 192 reviews matching the search See all 22,345 reviews
Nice place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INFebruary 25, 2020
The company, at least this store location, has a customer service focus. Most of the people, especially the supervisors are friendly and pleasant to work with.
An experience
Associate (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 23, 2020
Jcpenny was my first job ever so I was excited but soon let down by the work environment and the lack of care for the associates. They seem to care more about stocks than employees who are helping sales be made.
Terrible Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 10, 2020
I loved my coworkers and really enjoyed working with them, but our GM was the worst manager I've ever had to deal with. He would pull us into meetings just to tell us that no one cares about feelings and that the only thing that matters is making money for the company. He caused 3 managers to quit within the span of 1 week. I'm sure not every Penney's is like that, buy mine was.
A productive and fun environment to work in.
Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2020
I am determined to satisfy the customer needs by asking relevant questions and listening actively to the response. Contacted other store locations to determine merchandise availability sales area. I try my best to completed all cleaning, stocking, and organizing tasks in the assigned sales area, and was told multiple times that I did a great job and very fast. Maintained knowledge of current sales and promotions.
Co-workers are mostly cool, management and company not so much
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 3, 2020
The people are ok. But the company makes dumb choices, there's a lot of staffing issues, lots of favoritism especially where credit is involved (i.e. if you get credit they tend to look the other way on other things, but if you don't they're on you all the time even if you're a great worker).
Season help does not always progress to permanent position
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NY 13126February 3, 2020
Supportive learning curve from management and co-workers
Company offers amenities in break room
Friendly, encouraging, and open environment
Positive energy
Decent
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, OHJanuary 3, 2020
JCPenney is a decent place to work. It gets hectic around the hoildays, but you do get time and a half for working big hoildays. They hire pretty quickly.
Love it
Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 21, 2019
It is a very peaceful & friendly environment to work. Everything isn’t always organized, but it easily get fixed. They having amazing managers whose always on point
Awesome place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 21, 2019
Great environment, it’s very peaceful and calm. You’re never in the same place everyday do it doesn’t become boring. Managers always come quickly when needed.
Seasonal Temporary Position
Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89014December 20, 2019
I had worked at JC Penney for over a year as a young adult. As a mature adult I was only offered the position as a seasonal temporary associate. The job ended right after Christmas.
productive and flexible hours
Associate (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJDecember 4, 2019
management are helpful and very supportive. They help the sales associates and always tries their best. The other sales associate are also helpful and works so hard to improve their performance.
It was all over good experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 25, 2019
Hours were low a lot . But my availability had to change due to child care they worked with me on that issue which I’m grateful for. I would recommend working here as a part time thing
poor management and low morale
Associate (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYNovember 14, 2019
I have worked at several retailers throughout my life and none of them were as bad as working at this store. Everybody knows that working retail sucks. You have to put up with BS from customers, work long hours with little pay, and have no work/life balance because you have to work weekends and an unpredictable schedule. What makes this store worse than the rest is how awful management is. The supervisors seem like they hate their job and keep quitting left and right, they take their emotions out on the employees and just dump all their responsibilities on the rest of us. you can tell how stressed they are if you close with them and how much pressure there is for everything to be perfect. this store operates in fear and there's a lot of tension between management that trickles down to the workers. overall a very negative environment that becomes overwhelming over time. it's no wonder people keep quitting. this is good for a seasonal job to make some extra cash, but don't expect to get paid your worth or shown any appreciation from management. we're all robots here
This job sucks
Associate (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJNovember 13, 2019
I agree that you get a good retail experience in this job, but the management sucks, the pay sucks. I've been working in JCPENNEY since a year and a half. I do Register, customer service, recovery and fitting all in a single day and Stoll they just pay you the minimum. The management is worst. None of the managers know what they doing, they don't even have a proper communication with associate. JCPENNEY sucks
Very stressful
Associate (Former Employee) –  Westroads/OakviewNovember 5, 2019
Very stressful. All that is expected are to get people to apply for JcPenney charge card. You need to meet a quoteIf quota not met than written up. Looking to leave because HOLIDAYS are very stressful & everybody works except upper management so you have NO holiday time with family. Not good for people that family orinated
Pros
25% off discount
Cons
ALL holidays are given to work.
Decent.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2019
JCP is a okay store if your looking for decent hours. Still minimum wage and u dont get promoted really. Management could be better but its not that hard.
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
prodcutive work environment building with blocks
Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79925October 7, 2019
appreciation to the customer and the ability to work in different departments and cashier. Overall the hardest ability is to work with needy customers and match their needs as soon as possible
Pros
mall peer environment
productive
Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 23, 2019
everyday making sure your work area is clean and neat, people are great to work with the hardest part is getting credit apps and the most enjoyable part is getting to know more people
Pros
discounts
They dont care about their employees
Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 10, 2019
I am a full-time student and they still want me to have open availability to overwork me on the weekends. So it is not true that if you are a student they have a flexible schedule. The manager doesn't care, he told me I would have to look for another job if I don't work weekends. So if you think they'll care for your personal growth don't blind yourself. And then they lack for personal in their closings, it is incredibly abusing.
It is an okay job for someone who is in high school
Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 9, 2019
I do not get paid enough, this company is a very good company. The management could be better. This is a job for someone who is going to school. Other then the pay I dont mind working here.

57K