JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Stockton, CA

Found 54 reviews matching the search See all 22,345 reviews
Fun & Interactive Environment
Assistant Store Manager Merchandise/Operations (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 11, 2019
Being part of a growing company has its ups and down. Along side loyal associates who believe the core values make everything worth it. Your skills will always be challenged and appreciated in the retail environment.
JCPenney
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 26, 2019
The workplace was like High school everyone had their clicks and some of the people were mean and judging. The workers didn't help the new workers. The people who work on the floor didn't want to take the customers. The management was all over the place would get mad when the new workers would ask for help.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Very well dressed
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 23, 2019
I would recommend working for JC Penny because they are very well organized and customer care company. Be alert and plan ahead . Excellent place to advance show patience.
Fantastic place
L.O.D/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 14, 2019
Fantastic place to work great for first time jobs. Great flexible hours safe environment your challenges and helped provide solutions. A great community to work for
Nice place, Not nice workers.
Dressing Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 17, 2019
To put things shortly, I loved the job, I enjoyed giving feedback to my managers, I loved being around the clothes. The work experience was relaxed. It was the other workers, I was seasonal at the time, and I had long time workers coming to my dressing room to slack and gossip while I handled all the work. Eventually, I became a subject of gossip among a few of the girls, where a close friend of mine from child hood was working in a different department, and rumor began to spread that we were making relations. I didn't like how unprofessional they were, so I left.
Task (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Probably the most relaxing and decent place to ever work for a freshy,sure I might of disliked a fellow employee but that didn’t stop me from working at all.
Fun and facepaced job. loved ging to work every time.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 29, 2018
Open Cash drawers for the day, clock ing, restock shelves with clothes. practice customer service on a daily bases. Cleaned out dressing rooms every 20 minutes during my shift.
Enjoyable
Jewelry Expert (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 31, 2018
I really enjoyed working at JCPenney, it was challenging and satisfying. However, when they changed I was not impressed at all.
I saw so many people leave and lose their jobs. What a shame to see a company giant fall to their knees.
Pros
People
Cons
Change of culture, leadership, no class
Great for a Teen that doesn't need alot of money
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 15, 2018
Jcpenny was great to work if you don't need alot of money. This is not a job were you are able to keep up with rent, bills, etc.. They give you very few hours. The only time you might get alot is for big events like black friday.
Pros
bonuses for signing up a customer with a Jcpenny card
Cons
Few hours
fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 18, 2018
A great place for a first job. Great place to learn job skill readiness. Place where climbing the ladder is possible one day. People of many ages and backgrounds will find this a fun career
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
minimum wage
Not very accommodating to workers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 16, 2018
JCPenney can be a very nice place to work out, but do to lack of management and a change in the system of workers title changes it has left workers confused with a lack of hours. The company continues to hires and takes away hours from workers who have been there longer, which is very sad.
Great Opportunity
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 5, 2018
It was a great workplace. It had easy training. The boss was very supportive. My duties everyday was pricing and ticketing clothes. I would do it again.
A good way to start
Optical Technician (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 6, 2018
Working at JCPenney Optical is a really great way to earn experience in the optical field and office management. Learning great customer service skills from one the best managers of customer service in Stockton. Unfortunately there's nowhere to grow. In a business run by USvision, everything seems to be limited. Limited amount of hours and no benefits to come along make it very difficult to make this a career choice. Only the Managers get all the hours and benefits and it's difficult to advance because the company is not growing.
Pros
Great Customer service knowledge
Cons
Low Hours, and no Benefits.
Not a great way to start
Online Ordering Technician sales (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 6, 2018
The JCPenney I worked at, has horrible management, very low hours for all associates and terrible benefits. Mainly the General manager and other operations managers are the main cause for all the negative atmosphere. They push for unreachable goals and then blame the employees when those goals are not met. If only they gave more hours and more coverage on the floor, then those goals would be reachable. Very stressful environment and almost no hours to be given. Highly not recommended
Pros
employee discount
Cons
Management create negative atmosphere, low hours, no benefits at all
cool place..
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 5, 2018
Awesome people to work with, but of course like any other retail job it gets crazy during the holidays.. Managers really care about you and there are times you are awarded with free food!
Pros
Awesome Managers, Morning Meetings, Free Food
Cons
Mean Customers
Ok
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 27, 2018
While working for JC Penney Portraits I experienced other co-workers being treated more favorably than others. I was an alright company to work for. Not sure if I would go back or not.
Fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Great company, nice big break room. Good set schedule & fun working with the other co workers. I worked in the shoe department & enjoyed going to work.
fun place to work
Optical Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 16, 2018
It was a fun place to work. I really liked my coworkers and the management. I learned a lot about people and the position I was in. it was slow paced some days and fast paced others.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Shortage of hours
Horrible
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 19, 2017
Do not work here it is one of the worst things you could ever do. Now im going to just type a bunch of stuff to hit the wrd count so i can continue dd
Jewelry
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 6, 2017
Pay attention to all jewelry! Show one at a time, make sure u lock and close your cases due to things might happen. Always make sure you follow the directions and make sure you pay attention to inventory. Know your jewels & smile

57K