JCPenney Employee Reviews in Riverside, CA

Found 34 reviews matching the search See all 21,997 reviews
Not for long term
Task team (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 18, 2019
The work is good but you don't get enough hours to do anything. Also if you don't speak Spanish you don't fit in. Very back stabbing work environment and if your not a favorite you don't get anything you need.
not good
Sales Support/Shipping and Handling Dock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 15, 2019
Very competitive environment. Managers and supervisors always try to find shortcuts or a scapegoat for mistakes. If you're a good worker stay away, you will be the carrier of all the slack and get a 10 cent raise...
Enjoyed my job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 15, 2019
jcp was my home away from home .. enjoyed going to work everyday ,from working with my coworkers to engaging with the customers .The best part of working at jcp was so family orientated. miss my jcp family
Pros
the holidays dinners, the discounts
Cons
health care, short breaks
Great co-workers, stressful job
Merchandise Execution Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92503July 13, 2019
Great co-workers and ok environment. If you are good at your work they would expect you to do your co workers job. Merchandise Manager bad under pressure.
Good job
Fine Jewelry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 30, 2019
It is a great place to work I enjoyed working there I would definitely go back. They gave me extensive training and got me into jewelry and had me certified and trained when I never worked in that line of work before. I highly recommend jcpenney they strongly follow their company's goals
Working day to day
Merchandise Execution Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 20, 2018
Day to day isn't to bad. You'll get really rude and dumb customers from time to time but its not so bad. Management tries to be there for you as much as possible. The only negative thing is that you can't really advance/move up or get enough hours. The holidays is the best to get more hours but it's a lot take in if you don't have retail experience because it gets hectic.
Cons
Not given enough hours, not much advancement.
Decent place to work for
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 4, 2018
The management was amazing for the first 8 months of me working there. We got new management and stuff started heading south. New manager pretty much kicked all of the old asst. managers out and in with the new and everything felt like a different company.
It was a pretty ok place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 28, 2018
The work reflected its pay well, the only thing I could complain about is the the early morning hours. 4:30 am is not a time to be at work. Other than that my manger was nice.
Pros
break room massage chair
Cons
early morning hours
Fun place to work if you get along with your co-workers
Galleria at Tyler - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 24, 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere of having fellow peers as my co-workers at the time. Sadly it was only a seasonal job. I would recommend working there. They provided benefits.
good place to start your career
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 5, 2017
I found this position a good place to start my career and build clientele . they have a lot of knowledgeable employees to learn from and they provide education. the manager was awesome
over worked underpaid
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 14, 2017
jc penny had high expectations for their employees with now reward. expected a certain amount of email applications or hours would be cut. associates can not make a customer sign up for rewards
Nice people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 30, 2017
Would love to work there again.Need part-time job volunteer work does not pay my bills. Enjoy working at the cash register. Nice people to work with. Would prefer afternoon shift.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Work clothes
Proffessional
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 25, 2017
Quoted prices and discounts as well as credit terms, trade-in allowances, warranties and delivery dates
— Participate/contribute in all management strategic meetings advised.
— Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
sephora is a fun place, but jcp management is unorganized
Sephora inside JCPenny (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 19, 2017
not the best place to work if you want a stress free environment, but colleges are nice and welcoming. there are few opportunities for advancement. sephora rewards their associates for working there by giving them free products
Fun and energetic work place
Sales Representative, Exceptional Customer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 30, 2017
During a shift; An employee would review the appointments for their shift, confirm future appointments, mange shipment, answer all incoming calls, assist customers, manages appointments once they have arrived to their scheduled times and editing clients photo session.
Productive place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 9, 2015
It takes dedication and hard work to maintain a job at JCPenney. If you do not enjoy working with others and with the public this will most likely not be the best fit for you.
productive and fun work place.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 10, 2014
The most enjoyable part of working at J.C.Penney is working with great co-works and helping customers out.
catalog associate
Catalog Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 16, 2014
It was a nice experience to have working in a catalog department. the employees were very friendly.
Pros
paid more
Cons
less hours
work hard and was able to move up quickly
Home Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 26, 2014
Had a good time working there, sure there's drama and such but all in all it's a really good work environment.
Pros
helpful employees
Cons
drama
good if your in high school
stock replenishment (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 7, 2014
come in & try to process shipment in 4 hours than go home. promise of more hours are thrown out there and promised weekly but never happens.

56.8K