JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Merced, CA

Good Start
My time on the floor was great. Wonderful people and environment. Managers are great. If you are looking to advance in the company, that process is slow.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Slow advancement
JCPenney is a grat place to work for.
Jcpenney is a place where you can move up in the company. I enjoy working there . My co worker are a great group of people. I have been with the company over 10 years and is still working there.
Everyone I work with is extremely nice. Always in a good mood. Everyone is always happy.
I love working at jcpennys. It is a non stressful job. My associates and managers are extremely nice to work with. Management always let you know when you are doing a great job. The only thing I don’t like is we always have to push credit application to are customers. That can be annoying to customers . Thcustomers get sometimes.
Worst place ever
Manager was so terrible. She definitely had her favorites. Very hard to work with, she constantly talked down on her employees. I stuck it out as long as I could.
Fun place
I worked in shoes/luggage department...I met friendly people and for the most part, enjoyed being there. This was a part-time job for me and a typical shift was four to six hours and very routine.
Pros
I enjoyed working with public./selling shoes
nope
this job was really easy its just annoying to fold clothes and then watch it get messy again. The fitting room is annoying to fix cx leave the clothes there.
Jcp
JCPenneys is a great part-time job, it is definitely for students or people who love working in a fast pace environment. The employees make work fun..
productive and fun work place
A typical day at work would obviously be dealing with customers. It can be stressful but also fun. The most enjoyable part about working customer service would have to be interacting with customers and learning something new every day.
Great salon
Good place to work for new upcoming stylist great training. Management is encouraging and supportive. The store and salon Have great customer service.
Very Eventful place to work
I did this as a volunteer. i knew i wanted to be in the health field so i gave it a try. You grow very attached to the older people that are there. We helped with their lunches and daily activites.
Fun place to work
Enjoyed working at the Salon. Having every hair product available to you without cost is Great!! The Salon handles all of the promoting which really helps. There are always clients coming in. The only draw back I had was that the store manager was running the salon and had no knowledge of how a salon works. Other than that the experience was great!!
Pros
Great Place to work, lots of clients, lots of advertising
Cons
managers inexperience in Salon business
Very friendly staff and well organized
Having a typical day at work requires me to be aware of my jobs duties. I would make sure my area is well organized and my racks we well set up.
customer service
Managing the cashier, and customer service. Management is great, and co-workers are very friendly. Enjoyable part is meeting new customers, and learning new things while on the job.
Great company with great potential
This is a great job to gain experience, but do not be fooled. You may never get a promotion by just simply going above and beyond what is required. There are people who have been working for this company for 20+ years and are still getting paid hourly. However, that may be their choice, but is does not compensate well for those looking to pursue a career in retail. Great beginning experience for those needing a part-time job. Fun work environment and great learning experience.
Productive and fun with great management!
Loved JCP!! It was its own family and everyone was a part of it! Great hours and i overall just wish it wasnt seasonal! I enjoyed helping customers and working with great people.
Fun, quick pased and nice employees and management.
Over all it was a good place to work will a lot of incentives. Nice people and enjoyed working with the public and side by side with management. Building relationships with my co-workers was a great experience all in all. I would definitely welcome the chance to work there again and recommend it.
Ok, too much drama
It was a good environment although, didn't like the co-workers there. They slacked off to much causing me to pick up their work. Either than that I would recommend working at a JC Penney where people work together.
Pros
ok pay, you get to window shop while working
Cons
too much drama. I felt like the only worker.
nice job
This was a good seasonal job as an undergrad, i enjoyed the good hours and friendly management team we had.
Pros
amazing boss
Cons
seasonal only
it's a good play to work for but the hours are not there.
Penney's is a great place to work. For all the discount price and the sales. overall some of the people there arent so friendly. But in returned the hours aren't so good too. But then it helps out to sometimes because i family times.
Productive and Fun
Help assist customers and bring joy to there life!! Great managment and good personnel.
Pros
flexiable work schedule
Cons
not very many hours
6.9K