JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Lynchburg, VA

Found 19 reviews matching the search See all 22,269 reviews
I enjoyed working
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 25, 2020
It was a great experience working at JCPENNY... I love working with the customers and helping customer find clothes and shoes and etc. When u have happy customers. They will continue to come back
Alright job and pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 15, 2019
Working at Jcpenney was pretty boring. It was constant work for not that good of pay. The managers were rude and always had an attitude about something. I don't recommend working there especially not for the pay you'll receive.
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 30, 2018
Enjoyed working with my co-workers and store manager. I loved my customers, helping them with their shopping experience was special to me. The work was easy to do.
Pros
Working with a wonderful store manager who listened.
Cons
The Managers aside from the Store Manager.
Fun
Jewelry Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 16, 2018
Awesome management, awesome team. Only left because had to relocate. Learned about diamonds, gemstones, metals and care plans. A typical day is busy and fun.
Great starter job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 9, 2017
It's a good job to get you experience but not so much for anything else. The typical day goes from very fast pace one second to beyond slow the next. They push credit applications way to much, almost to the point of them preferring them over keeping the store clean and greeting customers.
Your attitude makes or breaks you in retail.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 21, 2017
Retail is what you make it. Come in with a customer service attitude and you will enjoy your job and your customers. There are a lot of repetitive tasks but no two days are the same. Great job for someone who wants to work weekends and nights.
Pros
Associate Discount
Cons
You work a lot of weekends but that is when you are needed in the retail industry.
nice and easy job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 12, 2017
The job was pretty nice to me, there was not much that we really needed to do. It was only fast paced around like holidays and weekends but other than that I really loved it. Even thought it was not my dream job,if i had the chance to work there again i wold.
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 4, 2017
Lynchburg's JCP has a great management! and friendly supervisors.
all the employees are friendly as well.
its a fun place to work and shop. and customer service is great!
Pros
free lunches sometimes not always!
Cons
health insurance
Enjoyable job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 27, 2017
The break room is every nice, management is not that bad depending on the day. Work is a lot from inventory to folding clothes every time
Pros
people. co workers
Cons
short breaks, managers doesn't listen
Fun environment to be in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 15, 2017
I enjoyed working here and I enjoyed the benefits. I learned a lot from being here and it helped me in my career. Also I learned how to be a leader and take control.
Absolute fun and productive environment.
Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 18, 2016
Excellent management and fun team work environment. Great atmosphere, peaceful shopping experience for employees and customers. Great family atmosphere. Helping customers find what they needed brought me great joy. Most difficult challenge must be the hard floors.
Pros
hard floors
Cons
great family atmosphere
Temporary Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 2, 2015
It was a good work environment. The management was helpful, knowledgeable and kind. However not much job security and not enough pay.
Pros
great management, good work environment
Cons
not enough pay
Nice employees and Customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 20, 2015
okay place to work. a lot of regular customers with great personalities. try to appreciate employees with lunches and games.
Pros
try to make it a fun workplace
Cons
bad pay
Bad experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 17, 2014
From the minute I started this job the management and other employees were rude. New people were quitting all the time because of it. They don't want to waste money so they only schedule one or two people in a department at a time, and expect you to handle everything and work so hard only making around minimum wage. The pay is NOT worth the stress. They tell you there's room for advancement when hired but really there isn't. Waste of time and stress.
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
Inconsistent hours, rude management, pay
Very good place to worke
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 13, 2014
Good place to work as an college student and gain some experience in retail with the exception that this is not a job where advancement can be achieved.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Not a career job to advance in
Wonderful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  3409 Candlers Mountain Road, Lynchburg Va 24502October 30, 2013
A typical day at work required helping customers find products they seek, keeping the displays clean and organized, running the cash register and closing out the money till at closing.
I learned a lot about cash registers and the technology needed to keep track of sales.
I only worked there for the holiday season but the people that I worked with were wonderful and helpful. They were extremely understand and patient both with new co-workers like myself and frustrated customers.
The hardest part of the job was trying to find a product on backorder.
The best part of the job was helping the customers.
Pros
A very nice breakroom.
Cons
No benefits for seasonal employees.
unloading boxes
unloading boxes (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAOctober 13, 2013
while i was working their at my sesonal job , i mainly unloaded boxes and put away items that were in the boxes.
Close-knit work group with challenging goals.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 20, 2013
Although my title was "Receptionist," I took on a lot more responsibilities than one would think. Our department manager left shortly after I started, my responsibilities sky-rocketed to keep the salon afloat. Every day, I'd start out by looking at each stylist's revenue reports. I'd make sure they were on their own individual task as well as the salon's. My stylists always commented how I was able to make complicated commission systems understandable. I'd make daily reminders and goals for individual stylists. Most importantly, I managed the books. I set and managed appointments for up-to 14 stylists at once. This involved time management and making sure to follow through with reminding clients of their appointments. I kept up with the retail stock, I sold, restocked, and ordered inventory. I made commission on my retail sales, so I quickly channelled my inner salesman and rose to the top of my sales charts. I would also go through each service completed and document the history in order for stylists to look back at each individual client. This job required learning quickly about the art of cosmetology and what was entailed with it's services. During down time, I cleaned and did various duties around the salon to make it enjoyable for each client. This was a daytime job and continuing my 4-year degree was most important, therefore I did have to leave it behind.
Pros
Great co-workers, challenging responsibilities
Cons
Lots of leg work, Store Management