JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Hammond, LA

Found 15 reviews matching the search See all 22,345 reviews
They really help you one on one if you need any help.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 23, 2020
I loved working there it was a really positive place to be.I am truly grateful for the experience.This was my first job and I realized that I like working retail.You get to meet a lot of new people, it’s a lot of net working.
Fun place to work incredible people
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 12, 2018
The environment was great you will never get bored because there is always work to do the job is very fast paced and you will get a chance to experience so much in retail if you want to gain a true understanding of retail work at JCP,
Very boring, very few hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAAugust 5, 2018
I left because I was getting too few hours and the work was super slow and boring. The shoe area was never organized and in order for me to actually have something to do every time I worked I would have to pace myself with what I did every shift because no one ever suggested What needed to be done on that shift.
Great store terribly managed
Associate Support Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed working and helping associates reach their full no potential, but was side tracked by a vicious GM who was only there for herself. The store I worked at went through six managers in seven years and im sure it will continue
Pros
Fellow employees, discount, pay was fair
Cons
Management, no corporate help or vision
It was an okay job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 3, 2017
It's great if your working during the holiday season because you stay busy. But if it's not busy it's a pretty boring place to work especially if your working an entire department alone!
asks alot of you and draining
Lead Operations Accociate (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 27, 2017
pay is okay but the company ask a lot of you but does very little for you. management is horrible ive been with the company a little over two years and have been through 4 GMs.
Jcpenney
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMarch 27, 2017
Awesome Job. Great learning experience. I learned hot to price and sign, UPC upload, replenishment, team work and how important customer service really is. The hardest part was my department.
great place to work with a flexible schedule
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAOctober 15, 2015
Company offers flexibility in scheduling and advancement opportunities. The company is well established and meets the needs of associates, whether they are looking to establish a career in retail or would like to develop customer service skills that will serve them in other careers outside of the retail environment.
Productive and Fun
Product Expert1 (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 27, 2015
It was FUN working with JC Penny especially with my co-workers. It was very challenging when it comes to the customers. Customers comes with a different personalities but I was handled it very well..
Pros
Free snacks was served during holidays
Cons
Short breaks!
Nice place to work
Manager of Home, Service and Children Departments (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LaJuly 6, 2015
Good quality products, nice clientele, good benefits, pay okay. Reduction in workforce made working there difficult for all associates and supervisors
Pros
Clean, good location, good benefits
Cons
Reduction in number of supervisors to run store made it difficult for remaining supervisors.
Productive.
Women's Associate (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LaJuly 18, 2013
A typical day at work was to do what you had to do in each department. I learned how to fold, colorize, and organize clothes. The management was focused on making the customers highly satisfied. My coworkers were helped me when I need to get a job done. The hardest part of the job was to be able to jump from department to another to help other co workers. The most enjoyable part was to help the customers with any needs.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
hard on feet.
Best environment I've worked in.
Men's Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 18, 2013
My "Penney's" family is still very close to me.
I have learned so much about retail and management in my three years experience there.
I loved the management staff and my coworkers....even the customers.
The hardest part of my job was to keep up with the constant change of the company, but that meant I had to move large fixtures and such....I loved that. I enjoy being creative and having to put my back into something. In essence, every aspect of the job was enjoyable. The only reason that I left was because I thought that it would be a better career move for my family. I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Great environment, open space, constant change, friendly staff, great lunch breaks, flexible schedules, incredible training.
Cons
Working holidays.
Fast paced and demanding environment
Supervisor/Lead Expert (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LaApril 3, 2013
JCPenney was a very demanding and extremely fast paced place to work. As is the nature of retail, tasks were many and deadlines were back to back. I enjoyed my job there, and received many promotions in the years I was there, ending as Division Manager. I was seeking opportunity for advancement within the company, but I was no longer able to continue working occasional night shifts.
Jc Penney Hair Salon - Hammond, La
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 25, 2013
I enjoyed working with the other employees but management and the way they ran their business was absolutely awful.