JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Gaithersburg, MD

Sold Appliances, department was very productive
I enjoyed working with a diversity of people. I will recommend this company for students who want to work part time. I got to learn to work with on line customers.
Good company to work for
This is a good company to work for. Patience and kindness are obvious in this environment. Unfortunately, the store I was in closed up for real estate reasons.
Very disrespectful to employees
Cant tell much. Good store but very many hateful people. They focus on negatives instead of positive things. It is a very clean store and loved by the community.
A day at JCp
Typical day at work you would look at your emails and see if there are any pirorities and get them done then do you list of things. The culture is great. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a mean customer.
JC Penney was a good experience. I worked with a great team of people and we accomplished the goals set by corporate.
A great team of dedicated individuals driven to succeed. We worked hard and respected each other.
Learned to organize, prioritize and reassess as necessary.

Management was exceptional.

The workplace was competitive and vital. Respect was apparent between associates and myself.

Working with fewer employees and more demands.

Working with great people.
Fun workplace with people to engage and collaborate with.
A typical day working at JCPenney was moderate since sometimes I had to work all alone in a single department with lack of assistance and experience at that particular job. However, the management was excellent and enjoyed working with the supervisor and other employees.
Fast paced, stressful
A lot was always going on, too much drama between the employees. The manager gave me no hours really and let me go after one month of working my butt off. But that’s life right.
Jc Penney review
The company is a good place to work with the opportunity to grow up.There is a lot of opportunity for training and learning new skills from customer services to all technical knowledge needed to be a good associate. And also I can notify how the team is open and willing to help at anytime needed was helpful for the success of everyday at all.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
No comment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JCPenney?
For students only.
The establishment is geared toward adults under twenty-one years of age. It is fitting for a summer job but not for professionals seeking advancement into management.
Pros
Close to suburbs
Cons
Poor leadership
Nice Place To Work
Work independent and well with other's.
Records Management Document

Nice workplace

Enjoy the people I work with everyday

Understanding and helpful Supervisor
Sales Associate
a positive work space , calm and relaxed . i love helping out customers and organizing the store was really fun. very fun during holidays and you can feel good
easy job to learn
it was an ok place, but after a while it got too much back stabbing.,and managers were just not my favorite people. its great for
young people to work there and have a part time job,

Now i wouldnt work for them just because they work u and dont care

if u have a personal life.
Pros
great job if u only want to work part time, mostly for kids to work there
Cons
they are not flexible too much with u, when u have kids etc as far as the schedule
JCPenney Exposure
It helped me to develop my communication skills, interpersonal skills and customer supporting skills. Also help me to study The clothing industry standards and policies.
My very first job.
Work environment was pretty relaxed. Nice coworkers. Learned a lot by doing almost every duty except management. Only issue was pay and no raises annually.
Descent job while in transition
I'd recommend a job at JC Penney for anyone looking for a job while in school or in between jobs. The job requires you to stand on your feet all day long so I wouldn't recommend it for someone with health problems.
Pros
You meet new people
Cons
short breaks and you are standing all day long.
Working in JCPenny Salon
I work in JCPenny salon for three years. It was my first salon job so i was fresh out of school so i was nervous. i worked on weekends and was very busy the only style i didn't really do was weaving. I worked my way up to a senior stylist and was very proud of my self because i came a long way.
they do not like to help people
how to work with people

managangment are mean

co workers are good people

you can move around lots

you come in a go right to work
Pros
free food
Cons
no opporthunithy there
Take every opportunity for position advancement
Just work hard and keep your commitment at the highest level.
Your supervisor knows what you are doing. And they will give you advancement on your job. And will refer you for you patience, knowledge, hard work.
Pros
Promotion
Cons
Nothing to say
lack of advancement
nice everionment if you like retail customer service but no advancement opportunities. they give you a big load of work but they expect you accomplish your task while giving you another pile of work
Pros
employee discount
Cons
short breaks
I greatly enjoyed my time in JCPenney!
Some days work would be chaotic (mainly weekends or holidays)but with the guidance of an amazing management and accompanied by hardworking co-workers the day would run by smoothly and our goals of high customer satisfaction would be met. Hardest part of work would be not being able to help a customer find what they were looking for. Most enjoyable days were being able to bond with customers on a daily and finding what they were looking for in our store.
Pros
Socializing with people
Cons
Busy work days could become stressful if not use to it.
not a good place to work
This is not a good place to work the management is terrible and rude. They do not respect anyone that works there. I would not recccomend anyone to work there.
6.9K