JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Found 96 reviews matching the search See all 22,269 reviews
You are not paid what your worth! You will be ov
Specialty Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2020
You are not paid what your worth. You will be over worked and under paid. Maximum responsibility and no pay increases- no matter how well you do your job or meet expectations.
Clique Culture
DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2019
You don't have to be talented to get ahead at JCP, you just have to be in the right clique. The treatment I received there was inhumane, I never worked in such a horrible environment. I would not recommend anyone to work at this evil place. Management is a joke.
Productive and and fun place to work.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2019
I enjoyed working under the managers. Training was enjoyable and I never felt like I was working an actual job. I loved the culture at the job as well. Easy to move up in the company.
A place in transistion
Senior Manager Corporate Strategy (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2019
If you want to make an impact on a company this is the place. There is so much to be done, but the new CEO has a clear vision and with her guidance and change management I think they will make it.
Poor Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2019
Lack of communication between management/supervisors and associates which results in the store looking a complete mess. Don’t expect to be let out at the time in which you are scheduled because the store is short staffed most of the time and you have to stay until the store is completely recovered. Some coworkers were great meanwhile others had no interest in actually doing their jobs.
Great place to start a career in the retail industry
TECHNICAL DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2019
Lots of opportunities to gain hands on experience within your position, about the commercial retail industry on a grand scale. But it is very difficult to advance within your position--management is great at moving people around if they desire to learn a new positions--so they don't have to pay additional employees. They are great company for freelance designers. This company is in major debt so people are spread very thin and work loads are very intense with no flexibility to work from home. So any projects worked on outside the office you are not compensated for. No funding for company sponsored events or outings. People in the work-place a generally stressed and underpaid. Oh and no half day Fridays or leaving work early expect if you plan to use that towards your PTO hrs.
Pros
Discounts off of already discounted products
Cons
Lack of budget and funding-- software systems are out of date, strict business dress codes, extremely expensive on site daycare, poor management, not allowed to work remotely, no mentoring programs implemented within the company, terrible work-life balance
nice place to work
SR Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2019
typical day included pulling reports, meeting with comptroller and other duties. management was good and helped advance their employees. the workplace culture was relaxed and organized.
Pros
great benefits, great facilities on site, store discounts
Great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Good Job to work I went to the workforce and good the job talked to the hiring manager and from there it was perfect I felt like I fitted in well great place to work safe area
Pros
Snacks/lunch
Cons
Good breaks
Busy and Fun
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2019
I was an intern there and I worked in the backpack division where we looked at backpacks on a daily basis to see how well the sales were going as we were reaching peak season. I also helped with other various projects like allocating and competition shopping. On top of that it was really cool sitting in and participating in vendor meetings.
Pros
good pay and good environment to work
Fun and fast paced
stocker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Good job for people that like fast pased and busy jobs. a typical day at work would consist of waking up at 4 am and having a busy morning unloading trailers.
Ability to advance
Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2018
It has been 35 years since I worked for JCPenney. At the time the working conditions were very good. Management very fair and knowledgeable and the ability to advance in the company was good.
JC Penny
Menswear specialist, assisting guest (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Responsible for assisting customers, working front end, soliciting credit application, online orders, surveys, find more online
I learned how to recover and reset a department, JC penny is a computer-based company and I was trained how to look up accounts, make payments, opening up rewards accounts, inventory availability in-store and online, gift card activation, timeclock,
The hardest part of the job is making your daily requirement for credit cards apps, surveys, and find more
Great Company
JC Penny Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2018
I loved working for this company , they were very flexible considering I was still a student, and the pay was good. I enjoyed the company and the sales, and my employee discount.
Arid workspace with minimal enthusiasm, respect and acknowledgement for hard work
Sales and Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
My experience at JCPenney was a little less than undesirable. Although I had mo problems with my coworkers and the job environment wasn't too bad, I felt as if there was a lack of "color" in the workplace. This caused my interest and enthusiasm to decline, ultimately resulting in me quitting the job.
Pros
Discounts on clothing
Cons
Short breaks, lack of communication, lack of training. lack of enthusiasm
Manager dictates overall job culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
Challenging environment. If you enjoy people....you will enjoy this job. High paced daily with something to work on daily. As a manager you are control on what environment you want to promote...both for your team and your Customers. You are also
part of a Team of supervisors and management associates who in'
most cases are all striving to improve the store environment. Promotions take place daily throughout the company and are communicated on a weekly basis.
Pros
You control your promotability
Cons
CEO's change too often.
Great Place to Work
Contract Full Time (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
You can be yourself and come up with all the creative ideas you want! Your opinion always matter and you are always included to feel as if you are part of a team culture!
Pros
Flexible Hours
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 30, 2018
This job helped me with communication skills and productivity. There is always something to do so time will go by fast. The hardest part of the job was closing.
Cosmetology
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 16, 2018
Work Place face paced environment when business is flowing. A lot of on the job training to keep up with trend. Management was good and flexible. Learned to pass my self in the work place.
fun place to work
travel
good personal
good advancement
good retirement
Pros
excellent work environment
Definitely not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2018
Management was horrible and made it obvious they don’t care about the employees. Only cared about us getting customers to sign up for their credit card. If you didn’t, you were barely scheduled for the following week. Could definitely tell who was favored by the managers and who wasn’t. Some customers were nice and made the job tolerable, others made me want to quit that same day. Payment stays the same unless you get people to sign up. Some days they wouldn’t pay for overtime. Breaks were only 15 minutes and during busy days, it was cut to 10 minutes. Horrible experience.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, favoritism

56.9K