JCPenney Employee Reviews

Typical Hair Stylist
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVFebruary 9, 2018
The hair salon was well paced, great management and co-workers. Never a dull moment, every day was a great day while working here. I left with some great friends
Productive and fun work place
Management Trainee, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAFebruary 9, 2018
Working for Penney's was fun and exciting. Waiting on customers, helping them to decide on what to purchase, and seeing the new product lines. Everyone strived to look and be professional at all times while still having fun at work.We were all like family.
Pros
Helping others find the correct product
Cons
Rude customers
jcpenney salon
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 8, 2018
working at the jcpenney salon was extremely stressful at times but totally worth the money. you would get paid an hourly wage in addition to 10% of whatever you sold....benefits were great, awesome atmosphere..work hours were set and were nice!
Pros
benefits, atmosphere, work hours
Cons
position eliminated, no room to grow
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/ customer service desk (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIFebruary 8, 2018
Great working experience . The co-workers were very nice and helpful when i first started working there . Managers were awesome some better than others .
great experience
Merchandise Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 8, 2018
The workplace was like a family excellent support from managers
and coworkers.
.In typical day at work it was always good feeling to listened to customers and be able to help them.
I enjoyed to see the satisfaction of the customers, when they got what they were looking for.
The hard part when a project needed to be completed and this wasn't for circustances out of hand.
The typical day at work was customer service,placing merchandise,
Fun Fun
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIFebruary 8, 2018
Thank for the job. I enjoyed the other employees and the selling diamonds. The discounts were great. I was able to make new friends and have a fun place to work.
Productive and a good place to work if you like fashion
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXFebruary 8, 2018
JCPenney is a good place to work if you have a good manager to work with. The benefits were good and hours were flexible. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXFebruary 8, 2018
A typical day at JC Penney was exciting because I got to interact with many different customers and employees! I enjoyed learning about clothes and colors and learning fashions! All the enthusiasm from the employees was electric!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIFebruary 8, 2018
I would recommend working there. The discounts are great. the bonuses were great as well. The managers were very nice and friendly. I loved working there when I was there.
Pros
Available hours
Cons
no benefits
Fine Jweelry
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 8, 2018
The hours are not conducive to someone who is looking for a full time job. The perks are good and I love the atmosphere. there is a stress on pushing the JcPenny credit card and Find more. However they do sometimes offer lunch
Pros
great discount
Cons
not full time
Worst job I’ve ever had
Assistant Pricing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 8, 2018
I would never recommend someone to this job. The management is HORRIBLE! The managers are not held accountable for anything, the store is always a mess because no one recovers until there’s a district visit. Managers literally sit in the office on their phone 90% of the time. They hide product they don’t feel like processing. If you want to move up in the company you have to tear every other person down, no ones promoted based on their qualifications it’s based on favorites AGAIN why the management sucks. It’s easily the worst company I’ve ever worked for
Pros
N/a
a typical day at work
altamonte, florida - sales associate (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 8, 2018
Constantly on us about getting credit applications. Putting away clothes and providing a smile and helpful attitude for my customers whom have returned to me.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
not enough hours because i dont get alot of credit applications
JCPenney
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHFebruary 8, 2018
You do not get paid fairly for all of the work that is expected of you. However the associates are very friendly and helpful. The discount is also worth it.
Great company to work for
OR - Multi-store Area Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 8, 2018
JC Penny is a culturally diverse business that is all about diversity and inclusion. I enjoy coming to work and the day to day job functions are always a fun challenge. I always feel accomplished at the end of a work day and look forward to coming into work. I love the team aspect of JC Penny.
Seasonal Worker
Part-Time Holiday Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLFebruary 7, 2018
I did not work there long. only for during the Christmas holiday that particular year. Can't say much but remember the managers not being that friendly.
Great job
sales support (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I worked at Penneys for two years and I loved every minute I was there and never had a bad day. I was in sales support so I never knew what I would be doing when I started work and that made the job better than doing the same thing over and over everyday. The chemistry was right, everyone got along fine. The store has been closed for years but the employees rent a country club every year for a Christmas party. The people just like each other.
Pros
Great people and management
Cons
low pay and stores are closing
Usual retail environment
Customer Service/Merchandise Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNFebruary 7, 2018
Usual workday 4-7 hours, start at 5am.
Truck days are Mondays, Wednesday and/or Thursdays.
Signing days can range from 1-4 days a week, depending on marketing.

Managers will work with your schedule if you have a second job.
Pros
tiered 25% associate discount, sephora
Cons
ocassional decrease in hours throughout year, can be some favoritism by management, internal promotion opportunities aren't known to other associates in store.
Motivated to provide customer satisfaction and contribute to company success.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Productive, Answer customer telephone calls regarding services packages, customer concerns and payments.

Consistently improve customer satisfaction.
Cons
short breaks
Fun and enthusiastic CREW!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORFebruary 7, 2018
Pros
Working with a pethra of people.
Cons
Long lunches.
productive place of work
Sales Associate Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NY 11755February 7, 2018
The hardest part of the job i would say was dealing with angry client. Management was very nice but insufficient. The most enjoyable part of this job would be meeting new people everyday, and making their day better with the service i provide.
Pros
great deals
Cons
Lots of complaints about the online ordering

55.2K