JCPenney Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,596 reviews
Very good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 24, 2019
Very good management, and flexible schedule. The environment was great, made friends, everyone is nice.
They give good hours.
Training is quick and easy.
No Support from management!
Asset Protection Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 24, 2019
The job itself was stressful! No Support from management or co-workers, alot of complaining from everyone! Stressful environment wouldn't recommend this as a place to succeed because management isn't going to allow you to.
flexible working hours
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CANovember 24, 2019
great working hours during holiday schedule works with customer's satisfaction. makes sure that the area where I am working is clean and professional. always have a great attitude.
Poorly managed company
Merchandise Execution Leader (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTNovember 24, 2019
They do not value their employees only saving money on their employees backs. Every two years they restructure an fire a group where there are long term so they can save money
It was ok.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 24, 2019
It was okay. No hours in the system had to ask for them. Manager was rude, we’ll just department manager. Never was flexible about having to deal with your children. Overall he was rude.
It’s a good store.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDNovember 24, 2019
It’s a really good store. Everyone is full of energy. I learned some many things there like how to do practice ticketing, how to help customers and the most enjoy part is helping customers.
Back stabbing coworkers
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 24, 2019
Worked in recovery. Fixing messed shelves and returning clothes to racks. Dept manager was truly stuck on themselves for one thing. Didn't help with floor questions. Finished my section to find coworkers went behind me and messed it up again so I I looked bad. Grow up people, this isn't high school! Quit next day.
nice place to work
Support team specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 23, 2019
I worked with the support team to ensure the store was stocked and arrange before the opening of the store daily, the team was very helpful to teach me how I should do the job by company standards
Its okay, decent for a first job
Merchandise Execution Associate (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CANovember 23, 2019
I worked in the fitting rooms as my first job. There were some great people to work with, a lot of mellow and level-headed people that helped out. The only downside is that it was a requirement to work on Thanksgiving, the building felt very closed off from the world and management. The assistant managers are great, but the higher in management people were the less connected they seemed to employees. However, they also had a lot of work and tried their best to help employees and customers. The hardest part of the job was that it always changed: some days would be fast and really busy, other days would be super slow. During the holidays you would work close to full time but come February and people would get their hours cut down to two days a week. Also, a lot of people would leave the job, and a lot would get hired, so you often couldn't rely on being close to your coworkers.
Pretty Fun Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 23, 2019
Management was very laid back, great associates to work with everybody was nice. Only problem was that management would push the credit cards too much. Unrealistic time windows to complete tasks at work.
Na
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 23, 2019
Jc Penney is a great place to work for there I learned how to engage with new customers each and every day and i got to help them find what they were looking for in store and online it was a great sales experience.
a very competitive work place with fast friendly customer service and satisfaction
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LANovember 23, 2019
JCPenney was a very competitive work place that encouraged customer satisfaction as well fast friendly and accurate service with hourly wages and commission
I loved it
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXNovember 23, 2019
Talking to different people everyday was blissful. The managers would make you feel at home and it was such a stress free environment . I loved knowing I was schedule
productive and great coworkers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montclair, CANovember 22, 2019
I love working with my coworkers makes the job shift fun and easy. The customers can be rude but you always have managers to deal with them if they are extremely disrespectful.
Good Start, Little Benefit to Stay Longer
Omni Associate (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CANovember 22, 2019
This was my first job, depending on what department you get put in you'll have a different experience. It's not hard per say, but can be taxing with angry customers and unrealistic expectations from management. Little to no pay raises, even if you are a long time/seasoned hard working employee. People who do half the work you do will likely be paid the same, if not more. Hours were good and flexible for college students, but run the risk of becoming a big fish in a little pond soon enough.
Career advancement
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CANovember 22, 2019
There is a lot of chances to grow within the company. They give you multiple projects to work at once really showcases your time management ability. Great place for advancements.
The only perk was the employee discount.
manager (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILNovember 22, 2019
General manager and management is TERRIBLE. What company would allow a General Manager work 8 - 5 Monday thru Friday who sits in the office 95% of the day.
Not at all what expected
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MONovember 22, 2019
I never worked in retail before. Unorganized, uncommunicative and clear favoritism. There is more concern on "putting a band-aid" over issues then fixing it properly. Never enough hours budgeted for projects or daily work.
Fun and productive workplace
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VA, S. Portland, MENovember 22, 2019
At both JC Penney's location I worked, I absolutely loved it. All of the managers that I worked with were awesome!!! Most of the employees were great but with any place you work there is always a bad egg or two. I was motivated and at one point thought I would be part of management because I loved it so much. It was a great place to work and I was allowed the flexibility that I needed because I was working a full-time job and working on my bachelor's degree. I hope management still practices the same way with the flexible and making sure the employees are getting the same type of consideration and flexibility. I really do miss working there but realize that I like the small store environment and that is not the case where I live.
Alright
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYNovember 22, 2019
The job was alright, not too bad not
too good either. Many times the management was good but since there were more than one the managers would often be working poorly

56.7K