JCPenney Employee Reviews

It was very disorganized.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYDecember 1, 2017
The store was under staffed. It had long lines. You couldn't find management. They were nasty. Workers were walking out. We didn't have enough merchandise. We had a bad assortment of sizes.
Pros
I enjoyed working with the customers.
Cons
The Store Manager was nasty.
Overall Store Review
sales (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALDecember 1, 2017
Poor Store Managment there is a lot of retaliation and the store shows favoritism there is a lot of criticism and cutthroat in the store I would not recommend anyone to work in that store
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of Pay and Stress
its an ok place to work .
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 1, 2017
management is fairly friendly but pay is low and very seasonal work hours. not ideal for longtime work. I have a learned a lot through customer interaction and that part of the job is nice. there is no place for advancement unless you want management positions or you have a degree in business management.
Pros
free food durinh hoildays
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyable staff
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 1, 2017
i processed accounts payable and receivable. I provided quality customer service. The manangment was amazing. I made wonderful relationships there. And we worked together to reach goals for our department as well as a company as whole.
It was fun but very boring not a busy store
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKDecember 1, 2017
It was an okay store just not a very busy Store and could be very boring at times you would have to look for things to do customers could be very rude but you just have to learn to deal with that and go on
Pros
Discounts
Cons
The competition
Corporate Salon
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 30, 2017
Too many hairdressers without clientele to compete with for walkins which were far and few. The commission/productivity scale was hard to figure out and makes it hard to make money.
Pros
great discounts, nice people, cheap health ins
Cons
pay scale
Good Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GANovember 30, 2017
They are a great company to work for and they are very family oriented. They make sure the employees are taken care of daily. They do not hesitate to make sure that you have what you need.
They had a nice selection of clothing, kitchen appliances, and bedrrom decor.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXNovember 30, 2017
I would shop at JCPenny often. They have a nice atmosphere. The employees are very nice and are willing to help customers. Also, they have a lot of deals that help you save your money.
Good company when I was there in the 80's
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2017
JC Penney was known for excellent management training and opportunity to grow. They had integrity and was overall a good place to work if you wanted to be in retailing.
i loved this place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARNovember 30, 2017
I Absolutely loved working for jcpenney's! yes it was seasonal during the holidays but it was never overwhelming. the staff was a great team to work with.
Fast paced.
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 30, 2017
Shifts went smoothly. Days were rarely slow. The sales floor was usually full of customers seeking assistance for on floor and catalog sale items. Each department sales group worked in unison to provide excellent customer service.
Fast Paced Fun Work Enviornment with Competetive Commissioned Pay
Commissioned Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  League City, TXNovember 30, 2017
I absolutely loved working at JC Penney. I started working there during the holiday season of 2013 and continued my employment all the way working my way through college and starting my new career in 2016.
Pros
Competitive Pay, Team Oriented
Cons
Commission has it's good and bad points - with returns this was a big negative.
pleasant atmosphere
Mens Dept. Manager key holder (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MONovember 30, 2017
I enjoyed the years I worked for JCP. It helped me achieve a higher level of customer Service skills. Thanks to the company I was able to take care of my mother in her last 3 plus months via FMLA.
I would like to further my career in this type of field.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
trying consumers
A Day in the Life at JCPenney
Merchandise Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fairview, TXNovember 30, 2017
With this store being so close to the home office, this job can be quite stressful. The job expectation is not realistic of the allotted hours to get the job done. Too much to do, but not enough people or hours to do it. Best part of the job is helping customers who you can see really need it.
It’s perfect for a Highschool job
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 30, 2017
It’s perfect for a first job, if you intend to stay for a while there aren’t many career advancements. If you’re the type of person who needs to be recognized for you hard work.. it’s not going to happen.
great place
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 29, 2017
I worked very early before the store opened and restocked the floor and stock room. I loved it because we all had our own mini community and worked very hard.
Pros
good environment
Cons
no healthcare
is a fun work place
Department Supervisor/ Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hatillo Municipio, PRNovember 29, 2017
this is one of the best company so far is fair on the job and the associates good discount and great managment. 401k stock well i recommend it to any person looking for a job
Pros
discount
Fun place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Penney's. It was a fun relaxed environment . We were like a big family , and most of all I loved the customers. Also the hours were perfect with my schedule.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
workplace culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INNovember 28, 2017
Very competitive with contests for selling the most credit apps and jewelry care plans. You were competing against other team members. Made you strive to accomplish more since you were in a competitive environment
Pros
customers and learning experience
Cons
pay
Seasonal jon
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CANovember 28, 2017
I don’t have much to comment on. Some girls worked harder than others but it wasn’t noticed. Management was never around. The hours were long and we were given little to no direction.