JCPenney Employee Reviews

Friendly environment, fast paved
Employee (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 14, 2018
Managers create a friendly environment even in stressful/ busy situations. Everyone works as a team with a clear goal for each day. Use their employees to their best abilities.
Pros
Discount
Its retail what else can I say
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIMay 14, 2018
I loved working in home its slower paced less dealing with clothing messes. Overall though it was retail and retail is retail, management is good though, if your looking for a good part time job JCP is the way to go.
Work made me feel like I was important.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMay 14, 2018
My managers loved me, I ran a whole department by myself at times, I was trustworthy with money and a cash register, and customers were always so nice. Overall it was the best job I had by far.
Loved it!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 14, 2018
One of the best jobs i have ever had in my life. The management team is truly amazing. I would have stayed if it was not a seasonal position. I have always thought about applying again.
It was fine.
Retail and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMay 14, 2018
I only worked there for a summer. The pay was minimum wage, but the managers and the coworkers were nice. I worked in the home department, but that also meant i had to work the customer service desk. I didn't expect that, but I learned some valuable lessons.
Experiencing JC Penney
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCMay 14, 2018
JC Penney was my first job growing up. This company granted me the opportunity to receive exposure in customer service. I learned all of my skills in customer service while training at JC Penney. The stores location was conveniently close to home, being that I was young and did not drive. My manager at the time was very helpful, and I still keep in contact with her today. I thank JC Penney for allowing me to see what customer service truly is and giving me the basics to the skills I have now.
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAMay 14, 2018
I worked the holiday season so it was very stressful but taught me to work in stressful, hectic conditions. Also to always have good customer service skills.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
short breaks, long shifts, no days off
Arid workspace with minimal enthusiasm, respect and acknowledgement for hard work
Sales and Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
My experience at JCPenney was a little less than undesirable. Although I had mo problems with my coworkers and the job environment wasn't too bad, I felt as if there was a lack of "color" in the workplace. This caused my interest and enthusiasm to decline, ultimately resulting in me quitting the job.
Pros
Discounts on clothing
Cons
Short breaks, lack of communication, lack of training. lack of enthusiasm
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 14, 2018
They werent very nice and all the managers did was talk bad about the customers including my family. They were just hateful and rude people in general.
competitive, fun and collaborative environment.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mayaguez Mall, PRMay 14, 2018
a typical day of work was fun, and competitive, i learned to work under pressure and in collaboration with others to give good customer service. the most enjoyable part of the typical day of work it was when we opened approved credit accounts ans congratulated you for that, and more that satisfaction of the customer's gratitude fot good service.

Want to know more about JCPenney?

Ask a question
Bad place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 14, 2018
JCpenny was a very strict place to work, lots of standing around. Nothing good came out of working here. The managers were mean and very disorganized. I worked in the shoe department, that place was always a mess and unkept no matter how much we organized it. Not a lot of great benefits. If the company doesn't like you work ethic or just plain doesn't like you; then they will start cutting your hours. then eventually they will fire you without telling you.
Pros
no pros
Cons
The whole company
Loss prevention associate
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 14, 2018
Company was ok, I was supposed to be full time but every week my hours would get cut more and more, there was a disconnect with other retail employees for some reason.
fun place to work
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MOMay 14, 2018
jcpenny is what you would get working at any retail store. discounts, fun people and sometimes not so fun customers, overall it was a fun job to work at.
Retail is retail, but I had fun here
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEMay 14, 2018
During my time at JCPenney, I made a lot of great friends and built a lot of great relationships with my customers. The work was easy and kept you busy, but it was time for me to move on with my career.
ffun
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2018
nice i really enjoyed myself very family welcoming. the shift vares but they work with your school schudule. the pay is excellent 20 dollars an hour help with my kids at home
it was nice to work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 13, 2018
I liked to work there at JCPenney I learned a lot of things like customers service was my first job in the U.S. they helped me alt in that career and they are a good company to work for
Pros
was good place
Cons
nice and I liked it
Don't work here
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 13, 2018
This was the worst job I ever had. You are expected to do 3 things at once and when you don't get your main job done they aren't happy. I believe they wanted me to quit from day one. A lot of the time I was the only one working fitting rooms and had to consently had to stop what I was doing to go help ring customers and would get stuck up there for at least an hour and couldn't get all the clothes from the fitting rooms put back. I had never received a name tag when I was working here, and my hours were always getting cut. Finally I changed my availability for a baby sitting job I was getting and that was the end of me working here. I just wouldn't do it. Management sucks here too.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Always getting called from breaks to go help ring people up, hours getting cut, only one working a lot
N/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMay 13, 2018
Manageable job, very customer driven culture. Management was always helpful and the hardest part of the job was keeping up with tasks during holiday or busy seasons.
cashiering
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAMay 13, 2018
I mostly rung up customers and helped get things they needed that were not on the store floor. I also cleaned the fitting rooms and the clothing area.
Pros
snacks
Cons
card quota
Average
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 13, 2018
This workplace was pretty average. Not really any room for promotion or advancement. I’m a hungry man and there wasn’t much for me to eat at JCPENNEY.

55.5K