JCPenney Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,045 reviews
The work days went by good !
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 17, 2019
Jcpenny is a good job opportunity for a teenager !! The pay is good and the employees are very nice :) the days went by at a good pace . The customers were very respectful towards me:)
Slow country salon
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 17, 2019
Here in Concord the job is slow paced because of the type of clients and stylist that work at this location. Affordable prices and people still want a discount so no real money for the stylist to make.
JC Penney Promenade
Jean Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 16, 2019
Terrible work environment, terrible management, poor hours, all lumped into a dying mall. It may have changed now, but at the time it was poorly managed and the sales were poor.
I hated working here
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTSeptember 16, 2019
The management was horrible you always had a continually changing schedule. You could never get days off, you would ge called in and told you were placed on the schedule a few hours before your shift.
Stand for something
Support associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2019
I miss the golden rule. When this company stood for what was right...
It no longer cares for it's customers. How can they be expected to care for their associates?
jcpenney
Stock and pick Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 16, 2019
Jcpenney was my first job after graduating high school. i enjoyed working there when I first started. Management wasn't very organized when it came to assigning work to the employees. the hardest part of the job was when they would assign the work equivalent to four people all to one person.
Was Not Worth Applying For
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 16, 2019
Customers were beyond horrible, management was barely existent, the store was chaos, always hiring teens and school kids who didn't care about the job itself and let others who actually needed the job do all the work.

And if you don't get the credits they want, you get written up.
Pros
Clothing discount
Cons
Everything else
Great customer Service
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GASeptember 16, 2019
I have great customer service I work very well with others. I work very hard to achieve my work goals and get the job done. I’m consistent in helping my customers With any problems or concerns. I’m always on time and prompt ready to work. I have a pleasant and friendly tone over the phone. I’m capable of taking up higher roles and responsibilities.
No hours work all hoildays
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 16, 2019
I got tired of working on thanksgiving not enough hours no good mangers rude coworkers gotta work all hoildays stay open later than the mall mangers don't no how to respect you very rude bad attitude
Great job opportunity!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 16, 2019
This job just taught me so much , I don’t even know where to begin. Didn’t make quite the pay I wanted but it was enough and worth it for my child & I . Really wish I could get this job back , I had to leave due to a life or death situation with my health so I had to let it go. My time there was spent very much wisely and enjoyable.
Bad managers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 16, 2019
Worked in the Parks Mall. Management is nasty there. All the nice managers and lods have left. You will have good hours and days off if you are a brown noser. Managers favors the lazy employees.
Customers are nasty as well. They yell, scream and call you names and managers would still side with the customers. Cause all they care about is money.
Fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WASeptember 15, 2019
Management interactions were always positive, which made working for the company easy!
The hardest part of the job was attempting to sell the credit line to customers while cashiering and the lines were long.
Somewhat unorganized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMSeptember 15, 2019
Unorganized uncooperative supervisors no one to stand up for you.. had a customer yell at me with no one to help you . It's been my first job and not sure I will ever like to work
Very competative, nice work environment
Product Consultant (Sephora) (Former Employee) –  Downey, CASeptember 15, 2019
Best job ever. My location (stonewood center, downey) was very competitive and it's almost always busy but they're very organized and the staff is really understanding especially with training employees. It is pretty fast paced and you have to stay busy so be ready for that. It's anamazing job, never a dull moment.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, MDSeptember 15, 2019
Co-Workers are friendly and management was very good. It was easy to work as a team because everyone had the same goal to get the job done. Very relaxed working environment.
Great place for part-time work.
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXSeptember 15, 2019
J C Penney has been a great company to work for during the last 10 years. They respect my time availability and allow me the opportunity to grow and advance in the company if desired.
Terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 15, 2019
literally hated working here. schedule you 3-4 hour shifts a day or two a week and very inflexible with hours. expect you to come in when your puling your guts out.
JC Penney Is Above Average
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 15, 2019
JC Penney is an above average company to work for. The building is getting run down, maintenance could improve (for example, it used to be better lit outside) and the pay could be better.
Good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXSeptember 15, 2019
Good job for people who likes face to face customer retail. It is not a hard job at all. issues are JCPenney is constantly changing things to improve efficiency, customer service.However, management at does not provide adequate time or does not set aside time to train. It can be very frustrating.
It was fun while it lasted
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 15, 2019
I work as a customer supporter at JCP. My job includes taking the merchandise off the truck, sort through the merchandise for the correct department and then put it on the selling floor. Learing how to read or used the pictures for the item displayed. Helping out on the cash register when they are sort, or help put back the clothing from the dressing room back to the selling floor. Sort and clean the tables, rakes and back wall so it can be presentable for customers to get to.

During the weekend, it going to be hectic. For the full 8 hours, you are going to be putting clothes back, and sort the tables, over and over again, help customers find the product they are looking for, answering customer question about credit card services.

And because parents bring their kid in the store, you will find lost kids wandering around crying, so you have to call the manager for help.

You will also be dealing with an angry customer who wants items that cost in the 50 or so price range but wants it at a cheap price. Again, you will get yelled at, humiliated and then you have to call the manager.

Because of the lack of hours, people are going to kiss butt to management and try to find ways to get you fired or forced you to quit. It gotten to the point that I was having a panic attack just thinking about going to that job. In fact, I did have a major one until I have to call off the next day just to calm myself down. I was also getting tired of dealing with HR woman who likes to call people stupid in front and behind their backs and would threaten me about my job. Not worth it.
  more... I was getting depressed, so I have to quit my job.  less
Pros
Discount on clothing. Free food only on Black Friday.
Cons
Sneaky co-worker. Management doesn't communicate with each other. Low pay. No regular shift hours.

56.5K