JCPenney Employee Reviews

Showing all 18,597 reviews
Great Co-workers
Assistant Manager-Merchandise Operations (Current Employee) –  Calumet City, ILNovember 6, 2018
JC Penney is a great place to meet life long friends however there is little work life balance. You’re required to work long hours and perform as if you are 3 people. The company only cares about numbers. They tell you that customers and front line associates are their priority but do nothing to show you. The pay is sad in comparison to other retailers. The GM only works M-F but expects everyone to give up their weekends
Pros
Fellow workers, discount
Cons
Hours, schedule, management, pay, benefits
Good 1st Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 6, 2018
Good job to keep while in school. I had the job while going to school in the morning and I was able to get full time hours for working in the night. I also was able to move up in roles.
nothing to say at this time .
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 6, 2018
after my shoulder surgery iff possiablity I would like to start working after the holidays if possiable ? and to get more pay rases and respect from other co workers
Pros
good breaks
Cons
poor mgt
It's retail
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 6, 2018
The Jcpenney I work at currently is one of the better stores. The management teams seem to be stuck on their high horses and don't see the things the employees are going through. It's retail, you can't expect much.
They were a great company to work for !
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 6, 2018
Great management and they work great with your schedules.they have great employee discounts and nice breaks. They have a Great teamwork ethic. I recommend.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Blackout days
I enjoyed working at JC Penney
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 6, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. co-workers, supervisors and customers. It was my happy place. When i could help a customer find what they needed, it was extremely gratifying.
Good place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 6, 2018
The only thing about job is standing all day. I learned to always stay focused on providing great customer service. What I enjoyed most was knowing that I delivered excellent service that would help to make someone else's day better.
Para mi tiempo, sano ambiente y familiar.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hatillo Municipio, PRNovember 5, 2018
Un día típico para mí en JCP era lleno de retos, pero retos q siempre logramos por ser todos una familia. Me encantaba porque sentía q era mi casa, nunca hubo un ambiente tenso ni de problemas. Habia mucha confianza entre jefe/empleado empleado/jefe. Lo que no me gustó fué una restructuración de la tienda que no ví justa. Ya que la tienda funcionaba excelente con los jefes de momento.
Pros
Los incentivos al asociado, los descuentos.
Cons
El descanso casi no se puede coger.
Great place work.
Sales, Pricing, & Catalog Associate (Former Employee) –  Alma, MINovember 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working there and liked having the chance to work in different aspects of the store. The hardest part was keeping the store tidied up and ready for customers. The most enjoyable part for me was being able to design displays.
ventas
Servicio al Cliente (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 5, 2018
Buena Compañia trabajaba en el montaje de la tienda luego en diferentes departamentos fue un part time pero lamentablemente de muy pocas horas a la semana por lo que me ofrecieron mas horas de trabajo en otro lugar y renuncie.
Pros
una empesa reconocida y con oportunidades de crecimiento
Cons
muy pocas horas de trabajo
Great pla e to work.
Commissioned Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City mallNovember 5, 2018
I loved J.C penny's, great place to work, lots of fun, great commision bonuses, lots of work but the is reflective of the compensation. Managers were great the staff very family oriented.
Pros
No pressure.
Cons
Scheduling
Poor recognition programs.
Operations Assistant Manager, JCPenney (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 5, 2018
Too much is expected from not enough people. Turn over is really high and training is difficult. Corporate restructuring too many times. Company spends too much on merchandise and not enough on wages.
Awesome place to work
Field Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
I love my job. It is a great place to interact with people and help develop future leaders. I travel a lot in my role and get to see different aspects of the business from state to state.
Pros
Strong culture
Cons
No Stock Options
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 5, 2018
Jcpenney is an okay place to work. Would be better if there were more people for the recovery team. Also im not very fond of the fact that some holidays are a completly mandatory to work.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Low pay
Horrible managment
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 4, 2018
I personally worked at the Jc Penny in Arbor Place mall and the management was horrible and lacked leadership. And did not treat or tend to employee needs at all.
No response
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 4, 2018
Great store associates to work with and great management staff.....no real training program and no room for advancement....empty promises for job progression.
Pros
Great sales associates at store level and store management staff....
Cons
No room for advancement
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXNovember 4, 2018
A friendly good place to work with lots of benefits. Great Management, friendly staff, very professional atmosphere, I will highly recommend this place
A Great Place To Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 4, 2018
I really did enjoy working at JC Penny. I liked the hands on trainig that was given to me which helped me to learn my skills as a cashier. I also like the flexable hours that I could work.
Fine, management was interesting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WANovember 4, 2018
Hours were fine, management was questionable at times while it seemed to be always under staffed at the busier days and times. Lunch room had food there.
Pros
hours
Cons
staffing
quick paced and stressful
November Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 4, 2018
30 minute unpaid lunch if you work over 6.5-7 hours, otherwise you get a 15 minute paid break. some customers were especially difficult and there was a constant issue with shoplifting. management/supervisors were good and listened to employee concerns very well.
Pros
occasional free food, discount
Cons
minimal benefits

55.9K