JCPenney Employee Reviews

The worst
Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 12, 2018
There is virtual no training, management just throws you in to recover the floor. When I asked for training, after three weeks, they said I should already know what I’m doing by now. Really? In fine jewelry? There’s so many procedures there’s no possible way I could do my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
The management team
Loved it!
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDAugust 11, 2018
I loved my job at JCP, but it was time I go back to the medical field. If I didn't want to become a nurse so bad I would have stayed. It was a wonderful company to work for.
fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 11, 2018
A typical work day at J.c Penny would be stocking , pulling orders and helping others other . I stocked boxes maintain everything around me , I also recorder data .
Pros
workking in the warehouse in general .
Cons
its was perfect i loved working there .
Very productive place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jr. DepartmentAugust 11, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of me assisting customers and being a model employee.

JCPennys sharpens my skills as a person, those skills I use in everyday life.
Pros
Great space, great people
Cons
The store closed down
ok place to work
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 11, 2018
good place to work for a student, flexible schedules are offered and management is understanding. Not a good place to try and make a career. No advancement opportunities are offered they mostly hire from outside.
Great company to work for.
Salon Leader (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 10, 2018
This is a great place to work with great benefits and pay. The job position comes with a great base pay and incentives to make more by bonuses and commissions.
Pros
Benefits and Compensation
Racist Managers
Jcpenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 10, 2018
As the store is supposed to welcome all its customers, it only welcomes selective group of people. Some managers and supervisors will wait around looking for people of color to stalk presenting to shop while monitoring the entire shopping of the people of color. The store is very racist and only employs a few people of color to covers up how racist they are.
Pros
drives sales really well
Cons
there is much racism
Its a good company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  FairfieldAugust 10, 2018
Working herevwas great the managers and supervisors was great had a hreat attitude and was alsways willibg to help on the sales floor. Schedules were flexible and time off was easy to ask for.
Pros
High energy work place
Cons
No benifits
Cashiers over associates
Omni (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 10, 2018
They rarely have associates on the floor recovering because most of them are at the cash register ringing customers, so the store is always a mess. Trying to find a particular item in a specific size in a mess is really difficult especially for Omni associates doing online orders, and they always expect a good score/rating all within a specific time frame. Its difficult when the store is messy all the time.
Pros
Values their employees a lot
Cons
customers and cliente are messy
Nice place to work and great co-workers
Associate Support Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ArizonaAugust 10, 2018
It was great working with fellow associates and customers. Loved the ability to grow and build the stores business. Too bad the company decided to continue cutting the employees that are willing and care about the company.
Benefits
Cons
Corporate ideas that fail
The hardest part of the job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 10, 2018
The hardest part about working at my particular JCPenney is that there isn't a proper training program. When I first started, I felt very unprepared and unaware of what my job was supposed to be. There are so many different situations that employees are thrown into everyday that can be overwhelming to an employee who does not have prior experience in a retail background.
Not a good place
Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 10, 2018
Managers were horrible and didnt give enough hours, would schedule minors beyond their legal curfew, paid poorly and was a complete disorganized disaster.
very service oriented
Talent Resource Leader (Former Employee) –  Human Resources LeaderAugust 10, 2018
Fairness and equal Pay for all is the name of the game. Overall great Company to work for and prosper. The work environment is safe and all employees are professional and friendly.
Pros
Competitive and Safe
Cons
need more trends of fashion in the stores
Mi primera experiencia de trabajo.
Asociado de Ventas (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRAugust 10, 2018
Fue mi primera experiencia de trabajo y la mejor, un equipo de trabajo excelente.
Pros
Ajustan el horario
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 9, 2018
The people who work thier all suck nice people. The work environment is alittle slow, but the managers are for the most part relaxed. Problems were non existent n I enjoyed working thier
Great staff to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 9, 2018
I mainly worked in shoe department for this company. We would assist customer and direct them in which ever way they needed. I learned how to work a register and not to take everything personally.
Pros
productive and active
Cons
dealing with difficult customers
Discount
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 9, 2018
I learn here customer service. Work place was very nice. You get to know you daily customer that would go shopping all the time. You would get discount.
Pros
discount, benfits
Okay place to work.
Cashier/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 9, 2018
It was an okay place to work. The management had favorites. There was said that there was room for a permanent position but all of the seasonal workers were let go.
Good
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORAugust 9, 2018
The staff was awesome which made the company great. The company had lots of flaws however the training and policys are great. They give raises when earned.
Pros
Raises
Cons
Poor healthcare and corporate governance
Pay isn't great but it is a good starter job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 9, 2018
It wasn't a bad working environment. Some of the managers of different departments could either be really nice or really horrible to work with. If you want to try working there, it's not a bad starter job. Do be aware that when it is "Back to school" or "Black Friday",you will HAVE to work and you will be working extra late.
Pros
Great starter job and most of the staff is friendly.
Cons
Pay isn't great, no room for advancement, and late nights of working can get very tiresome.

55.7K