JCPenney Employee Reviews

its an okay place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJuly 11, 2018
it was an okay job.
lots of refolding clothes. Cleaning dressing rooms. Hanging clothes. Putting away go backs.
The Holidays are kind of fun. Lot of different customers lots of sales. more or less hours.
Fun and friendly environment
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 11, 2018
JCPenney offers a great discount and benefits package. Adequate paid time off and sick leave. Friendly and warm working environment. If you perform well there is room fo advancement in your career.
Pros
Great discount, nice working environment, friendly staff.
Cons
Lack of hours to get workload done
Enjoyed my time there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lower Burrell, PAJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at JCP. I was in my early 20's, just had a baby, and they worked with me as far as scheduling. Management was very nice. Unfortunately, the location moved and I did not follow.
Good place for someone just starting out
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILJuly 11, 2018
A good place to begin your career in customer service. There is room for advancement if you are interested in pursuing a career in retail management. Overall not a bad place to work.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
no set schedules hours vary considerably
Great Job
Senior Wireless Network Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 11, 2018
In spite of the turmoil at the corporate level, it was a great place to work. Great team members, great management, who went above the call of duty to make sure you were properly trained, and had the support to do your job successfully.
Pros
Great company
Cons
distance from my house
Fun place to work at
Appliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
If you aren't helping at the registers with check outs you have to be on the floor recovering and assisting customers. I learned how to maximize my time and the customer's time while in the checking out process. The coworkers are one of the enjoyable parts of the job. One of the hardest parts is the low amount of hours that they give us.
Fun enjoy working for the company
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 11, 2018
Love working for company great place to learn and grow. Very family oriented, great customer service trainings was awesome. Managers were eager to help.
Pros
Great help great people
Jcpenny customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Hours are flexible and i mean SUPER flexible. Manger are cool but you have your typical stick in the mud. Pay is low fir such a hectic work environment but then again it is a beginning work place so if you're looking for a job its a start.
Pros
Flexible hours, cool management, friendly staff, and overall happy environment
Cons
the pay
Mostly stressful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 11, 2018
Weak team of supervisors, scheduling is a mess, new hire season is where longtime employees hours go to die, hard work is hardly ever rewarded other than "great job" maybe, favoritism is strong between the manager and supervisors and supervisors and associates.
Pros
Sometimes they hold nice events/ serve food for us during holidays, you get a good discount on everything
motivational
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  100 bay plaza coop cityJuly 11, 2018
get there on time get work done then go home. I learned to adapt to any new work experience being always around helping co workers as well interacting with other cultures was great. hardest part of my job was leaving late for 2 hours of sleep to be back to work on time in am. my manager was excellent. most enjoyable part of work the discounts
Pros
free food at times
Cons
lack of sleep if your schedule is difficult
Productive and fun place to work
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 11, 2018
As Visual Merchandiser I always looked at my to do list of the day and get everything done, I learned how to be more organized and helped with responsibility, the work place was very good everyone got along and very close, the hardest part about this job was everything was timely consumed and some projects took 2 days to finish. The most enjoyable part was getting recognized for my good work
Pros
discount in food court and store
Cons
management
Easy going place to work
Assistant Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 10, 2018
I work at JCP p/t. I have 2 children & it is really close to my home.
They are really flexible with my hours, if I need more or if I need
time off.
There is a large turnover of mostly teenagers working there..but other than that the employees are really nice. The manager is very approachable.
It used to be fun and enjoyable.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 10, 2018
I used to love working at JCPenney in the beginning but now not so much. The management has changed all good manages that have been there for years were let go or left.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2018
Ease of making own schedule
Easy to perform job tasks
Customer service rewarding experience here
Love the coworkers
Understanding staff
Managers decent
So much potential but no motivation to make it work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 10, 2018
The store I worked for has been quite problematic. Not just ceilings that are falling down, or leaking pipes that can potentially hurt the customer but the way management works is unrealistic. The pay is terrible and the hours given are very wacky. No full-time, only part-time. They offer good benefits but only if you work full time, but they won't give you enough hours to be able to obtain it.
Cons
No benefits, almost no hours
jcpenny
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 10, 2018
Jcpenny was my first retail job. Jcpenny was my first part time job. I learned a lot them also I had 1 year with the company. employee discount was good
Ok Job
TRUCK LOADING SUPERVISOR / WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 10, 2018
This Job is for someone who does not want an outside life. Very long hours and always a lot of overtime. When I was working there I only had one day off a week for almost the entire time I worked there.
awesome lunch roon
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 10, 2018
they always provided lunch, especially around the holidays. I LOVED that.The people i worked with were awesome too, some of them are friends for life . i enjoyed everyday i worked there, even the most difficult days, i enjoyed them too.
Managers can make all the difference
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TX 77304July 10, 2018
While this was a great company in a lot of positive ways to work for, I can say without any hesitation that a great manager can raise a store up and bad management will sink a store faster than the Titanic. I loved most of my coworkers and developed good customer relationships with regulars. The pay on the other hand, or even the ability to grow and advance within the company, however are a joke. That is unless you are a high school or college kid with no real financial responsibilities. If you are looking to make a little extra cash, you will love it. If you are trying to make a living and provide for yourself without government assistance, you won't make it.
Good coworkers
Hair stylist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 10, 2018
Every one that worked there was extremely friendly and willing to help any one out regardless of how busy they may have been. It was nice being able to go to work and see the other employees smiling everyday.

55.6K