JCPenney Employee Reviews

productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 9, 2018
On a average day work was good . This was a seasonally job. The work was easy and enjoyed serving my customers. The hours was flexible and management was fair.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great entry level opportunity
Home Specialty Sales (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COOctober 9, 2018
JC Penney has provided part time work for me while I was going through life events beyond my control. Entry level associates receive good training for retail operations and customer service practices.
Pros
Great job. Discounts. Flexible hours.
Cons
minimal pay. Earning opportunities limited.
Stressful and unfair
JCPenney Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 9, 2018
They could be more conscious of their workers surroundings and better benefits for their employees. Acknowledge who is doing their job and who isn’t.
Jcpenny Review.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHOctober 9, 2018
Jcpenney is a very nice store to work at but it's to slow of a paces for me.I have recently located and live to far away.I like to stay busy and this isn't job to do that.
Flexible Hours, Difficult work environment
PRICING & SIGNING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 9, 2018
Typical Retail, the hours and people I work with are great, the work is tedious.

I enjoy doing the pricing and signing as it gives me a chance to use my brain.
Fast pace environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 9, 2018
This job requires standing on your feet for long periods of time. You have the opportunity to develop customer service skills. Little room for advancement. Part time hours so no company benefits. It is a good starter job or job to earn extra cash for special events. Company offers employee discounts.
Pros
Employee discounts on merchandise
Cons
Long hours on your feet
slow pased
Hair Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOOctober 9, 2018
slow passed, lack of management and no advancement outside of salon. Good product and skills training programs though great to learn new techniques and products
Overall great company to work for
Full-time Major Appliance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXOctober 9, 2018
I loved having the opportunities to grow and to move up in the company. I only left because I had to relocate but I absolutely loved the people I worked for and worked with.
Retail
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johnsburg, ILOctober 8, 2018
Multiple Positions to learn from

Opportunities for hours

Extra benefits available if great at sales

advancement within the store is available

Different areas to try
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 8, 2018
Count the register.Get everything straight. Start to stock what is out. Clean the area. When customers came in i was to greet them. And if needed i would be there to help with there shopping.
Pros
Free lunches. every so often
Sales
Seasonal Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 8, 2018
Pays too low for adulta to live off its a great place to start for a young student. But hard to live with getting paid 10 an hour.. Need more full time postions
sales associate
Sales Associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYOctober 8, 2018
working for Jcpenney performed excellent customer service, a safe shopping environment for the customers, worked the cash register and worked along side my other team members.
an overall good first job to have
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 8, 2018
while working at Jcpenneys I meet a lot of good people who were my co works and soon friends. the hours were not to my satisfaction, and around the time I got my pay check it clear the hours were not enough
Pros
meet new people, improved my customer service skills
Cons
management
On the edge
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSOctober 8, 2018
I left JCP because of a fear that the company may not survive much longer. JCP has too much debt and has not found a way to connect with its core customers consistently. The company has slashed payroll so significantly that stores cannot provide the service or standards that the customer deserves.
A fun place to work
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 8, 2018
Over all pretty good place to work. I have learned a lot and love going in to work with the people that I work with. Definitely would stay working with this company for awhile.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management skills and too many
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2018
The management need to be trained how to treat associate correctly and also work.

The Lod, Mod 's need to work on the sales floor- also fold clothes and if there is a long line help the associate and take care of the customers. If a customer needs help on the floor help not get someone else to do it. , and also overseeing the departments to help whats needed (using that there managers to to nothing but walking around with the radio acting important and doing nothing)Having the part time associate do all the work while they just walk around in groups of Lods - taking and eating in the office.

Too many managers more man power needed
Pros
employee discount
Cons
part time and always short in staff over worked underpay
warehouse
Warehouse Associate and Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 7, 2018
its ok place to work at. can work in different areas. and get pay advance if you are a good worker. good breaks. flexible hours and good managers. not commission
I don't have any
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXOctober 7, 2018
It was good place to work managers were really nice. I didn't like last shift it was late.
In all great place to work. I liked discounts were really good.
Went down hill
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 7, 2018
Company is getting very greedy!!! No raises but more work, taking away full time which will cause you to lose any benefits you had. Managers are very lazy!! You call for help numerous times were even customers are telling others theyve called but no one is responding.
Laid Back Work Environment
Commissions Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILOctober 7, 2018
I worked in the shoe department. I had base pay plus earned a commission based on sales. This was a difficult task due to the shoes being high priced and out of style. We really didn't get any action in this department and when I tried to help in other departments I was told not too. It is a good job for student or first job.
Pros
Laid Back, Mall location

55.8K