JCPenney Employee Reviews

Loss Prevention Trainer (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PADecember 14, 2017
Safety Meeting
E-mail
Monitor CCTV
Investigate all shortages and overage
Court Appearance
Making all associate ORC awareness
Seeing the result of communication
Pros
Working a Loss Prevention your never on break
Cons
Ron Johnson
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 14, 2017
it was a fun work place to be at; loved the discounts and coworkers.it was a relaxed environment. it was photography job something i wasn't into at first but learned to love it.
Pros
discounts
Cons
sometimes i had to work extra hours
productive and fun
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYDecember 14, 2017
My position required finding shoe sizes and organizing shoes. There was also the cashier. Some days it is very busy and some days aren't. There is always something to do no matter what your position is. Just make sure everything looks good.
Pros
discount
Cons
long lines at the register (during peak hours)
slow paced
Part-time Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2017
Unless you are in a management position then this is just a high school job. I did not learn much. Management was not seen but heard and felt. Hardest part of the job was recovering a busy area. The most enjoyable part was the discount.
Great place to work. Outstanding managers
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 14, 2017
I had worked at JCPenneys two summers ago, as seasonal. I had to leave because of school related things. I reapplied and I am currently waiting to possibly be accepted. The managers are great and they are very flexible with hours. I had worked in the children’s department, and it was fun getting to see different people everyday and get the job done.
Pros
Discounts, Friendly employees, positive attitudes, teamwork
Cons
N/a
Jcpenny
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Charleston ,westvirginiaDecember 14, 2017
I didnt exactly work fir jc penny i work for a company thru jcpenny which i didnt like at all the ours was messed uo and there was mo communication at all
Product place to work with at night
Order Picker/Forklift Operator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GADecember 14, 2017
I worked the night shift, I had the best manager and leads, the associates were tolerable. Drama was kept to a minimum. I loved the job and I loved my shift and work days and hours.
Pros
Great holiday incentives, job events, offsite job events, raises, competition pay
Cons
Good breaks
Fast paced environment to reach the needs of the consumer.
MARKETING MANANGER (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 14, 2017
Great place to work in a retail environment. I learned to work with others and provide supreme customer service. The management team was always mentoring new employees to provide customer service too all who entered the store.
productive
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 13, 2017
They don't give us enough hours, we literally get like 20hours a week if that and there is always new management. we don't get any benefits either. However they do work around your schedule which is a plus but id love to have more hours
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALDecember 13, 2017
I loved the job. it really was right up my alley. I loved working with the co-workers and the public. I pride myself on making customers happy.I really enjoyed being inside the mall because the store was always busy and you never haD A DULL MOMENT. i ENJOYED ALL THE MANAGERS AND THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY DISCOUNTS MTHEY OFFERED DURING CHRISTMAS
Pros
Environment
Cons
No paid holidays
Great company
Customer Service Representative/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 13, 2017
This was my first employment, great workplace, great management and many options to advance your career. Never a dull moment, always busy and learned a lot.
Uptight
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2017
It’s too uptight and the hr office and management where rude and very messy. The also look at the employees and less of them because of a title. The team was disrespectful
Great company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 13, 2017
Working at JCPenney I was granted the opportunity at gain substantial warehouse skills. I wish the job wasn't temporary because I really enjoyed my time working for this company.
Great office environment
Shoe and Accessory Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 13, 2017
The people were always friendly. Holiday times were very special since that is when most of the money is made. Schedule was very easy and not very demanding.
Too stressful, not enough associates
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MADecember 12, 2017
At the time I was working for JCP I was a college student. I found the job to consuming since I also had lots of school work to do. Very long hours and short staffed made it hard to get free time. Holiday season was the most difficult with the extended hours. I was in charge of the women's dept and had to keep it clean, man the fitting room, and do the register. It was a lot to manage on my own especially during rush hours.
Cons
hard to get time off
Courteous Staff
school volunteer and homemaker (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIDecember 12, 2017
Courteous Staff and willing to assist with clients helping and finding item they need or to provide options for various packages they need in the photo department.
Fast paced work
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 12, 2017
Jc Penney is a very fast paced company in which you are always dealing with the public. Its a great job for high schoolers or those looking for their first experience in Customer Service
It was okay.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 12, 2017
Rarely seen the GM. One of the managers were really rude but everyone else was wonderful, it's like a small community. At times you can feel overworked when you're the only person working in your department which happens.
Highly Recommend To A Friend!
Sr. Detail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Haslet, TXDecember 12, 2017
The J.C Penney Fine Jewelry Department is a VERY FAST paced position to hold. If you can not catch on quickly to simple office task, this is not the job for you!
Cons
No metal in clothing, Shoes, Hair accessories
Tiffany Cavalier
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARDecember 12, 2017
She was by far the best General Manager I had ever worked for. She created an environment of trust and reliability and people did their jobs with no complaints because she respected everyone. She gave me all the right pointers on becoming and staying a great leader.