JCPenney Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,045 reviews
JcPenney used to be a store of standards. Sadly no longer the case.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 22, 2019
I used to love working for JcPenney and was proud of our stores. Our standards were high and we truly tried to uphold the motto. Sadly we are hanging on by a thread. In my opinion, the reason is because we have abandoned our core standards and our focus on customers. Now we are asked to do more with less people, less time, and less work hours.
If your looking for a good salary and hours its a no no
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYSeptember 22, 2019
Salary needs to be raised more hours needed early benefits for workers. They lie about benefits. Some managers and supervisors do next to nothing on the job and pressure the workers sending them all over the place to work.
JCP Review
District AP Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLSeptember 22, 2019
Loved working at JCPENNEY. Great 18 years. Pay is the only thing they need to improve. People are great. Leadership are excellent. A lot of years of experience.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay
Fun place enjoyable staff and immediate recognition for a job well done
Sales customer service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 22, 2019
I worked in a lot of different departments and found the floor supervisors really helpful and friendly. The store I worked in has a good team that works well together and is very supportive of their staff.
Jcpenny's Inc
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJSeptember 22, 2019
Worked here as a sales associate witht the typical day work of folding clothes and stocking sale items. The work environment felt very unwelcoming as the workers themselves didn't appear to be excited about the job they worked in. Management was average and didn't seem to care much about the employee's except for certain people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers, although that was given as a sales associate. There was nothing at this job that was particularly enjoyable each day was the same daunting task as the next that followed.
Je n'aime pas trop leur compagnie
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 21, 2019
Je suis une employée qui va vraiment vous satisfaire. A jc Penney les superviseurs sont gentilles avec les employés seulement que dés fois ils ne respectent pas ce qu'il disent en plus le travail est dur mais c'est pas bien payé.
Good first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 21, 2019
Good first job, they just need better management. The supervisors were never on the same page. One would tell you to do something, and another would come by and ask in a condescending tone what you were up to as if you were off task. It simply was not fair.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No fixed hours
Day to day responsibilities
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 21, 2019
Client interaction, scheduling of same day and future appointments. Rendering payments for services provided. At time of payment I would provide suggestions on additional products that would be beneficial to the client.
Pros
Haircut discounts
Cons
Low growth opportunities
Nice place, bad Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 21, 2019
Great place to begin working, everyone super friendly and offers flexible hours. Management tends to play favorites and that's the only way to actually get hours there.
Pros
fun and friendly
Cons
pay and hours
Great staff
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYSeptember 21, 2019
My gm was the best person you could have working up top . Customers and employees were always put first . They understood and took care of things if your child got sick among other things about daily life . always got help if you asked
Worst place I have ever worked
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 21, 2019
A typical day at work was cleaning fitting rooms, fixing clothes, checking out customers, and checking fitting rooms hourly. I learned how to work quickly. The culture at JC Penny sucks. The hardest part of my job was checking out customers when busy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the break, to be honest.
Fun and energetic work place.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 21, 2019
Great company to work for. My manager was always very interactive and helpful. The store always held fun events and company parties. Fun customer appreciation events as well.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no healthcare for part time
Great place to start for beginners warehouse
Assembler Line Worker, packager, sorter (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GASeptember 21, 2019
I was paid on production so if you didn’t meet your work criteria it involves your pay rate, but I had an amazing work experience while I was there, if I didn’t move I’ll still be there
JCPenney job is ok for teens
Cashier Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 21, 2019
The job is ok for a teen or something but not as an adult because it is only $9 an hour which is not really a lot considering your shifts are around 6 hours.
Great
Merchandise Associate (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 20, 2019
Great! Great first job and career! Everyone is nice and it is a chill environment! Hours are flexible and management is fun and easy to work with. I love this job
Loved it ,but not enough hours
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 20, 2019
My experience at JC Penney was great met alot of good people and learned alot of new things.Everyday of work was comfortable and something to look forward to.I loved working there so much I tried to put in as much overtime I could but was penalized for it.Went from 30 hrs a week to 12 hrs a week. I couldn't do it no more.
Put clothes away
Assistant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, NYSeptember 20, 2019
When your on the merchandise team your job is to make sure people can see the clothes and shop. But when you have yourself and 3 other people and 3 registers with returns and 3 fitting rooms full of clothes to put back on the floor you main job is to just put clothes away. You barely could fold the store and keep it clean because the fitting rooms got full within an hour. And management was angry and would talk down to you and make you feel awful.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
awful managment
It is a great company poor management at the location i work at
Omni Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 20, 2019
Perfet job for somthing temporary. Little to no carrer advancement what so ever and hours fluctuate on the regular basis.
I would recomend it to someone first joinning the workforce or someone who is looking for something temporarily.
Good people to work with
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 20, 2019
The managers are very good and fun to work with, a good work ethic is something needed. Slacking is something no tolerated despite what many think about retail jobs.
Fine part-time or student job.
Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2019
Working freight was good if you needed a paycheck and only had early mornings available. Perfect for a student who needs to attend class in the middle of the day.
Pros
Decent discount on JCP apparel
Cons
No PTO, inconsistent work hours

56.5K