JCPenney Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 5,209 reviews matching the search See all 21,596 reviews
Work Experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNOctober 16, 2019
It was a decent job. I was expected to work every Friday night and most Saturday and Sundays, while others in my department got nearly every weekend off. The worst part of the job was being forced to get as many credit card applications as possible if you did not meet your goal for a month you were questioned about it.
If you're there until close, unless you work in a specialty/commission department, you will have to stay until the entire store is picked up.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 15, 2019
I used to work in the home department, for the most part. Things would get busy sometimes but for the most part it did not get the same traffic as the clothing departments. I would have my tasks to complete at the end of the night and everything would look nice yet I would have to go fold clothes in another department until I could leave, sometimes taking hours. During the holidays it was the worst because they could make you stay until 1 am to pick up the other departments. The pay wasn't worth it all. Overall, would not recommend unless you are out of options because they are always hiring and hire everyone.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 15, 2019
Very good first job. Very easy going. The team there is very helpful & always willing to help if needed. The management is pretty good about making sure their employees are taken care of.
Bad management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 14, 2019
JCPenny has been going down the drain. Ive been working there for a few years and the new management is awful. Supervisors don't want to be there, new policies are expected to be followed but, when a customer complains, the associates are expected to take it and do whatever they say because supervisors will just give it to them. It's not worth the minimum pay. When you work there for more than a year, youre expected to do a lot of things that are out of your job description and no raise is given. The assocates are all college/ high school students so they like to gossip. Its a toxic environment that's not gonna get better unless they get rid of the bad managers
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay, customers, management, low staff, no communication
Good entry level job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAOctober 10, 2019
Loved working as a customer service associate in the fine jewelry department. Schedule was difficult during holiday season. Wages were low, and dropped several times during my employment. Very few opportunities for advancement.
good place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE/FITTING ROOM, RECOVERY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 9, 2019
Very nice people at Jcpenney. I would recommend to others. Good benefits, very good at following LNI standards. Not very good hours but very welcoming team
JCPenny
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 9, 2019
The job itself was pretty easy, but there are always some issues with frustrated customers and sometimes rude ones. It was challenging but it taught me ways to approach them in respectful and as helpful ways as I possibly could.
Standard Retail Position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 9, 2019
handled customers questions
guided customers to merchandise
handled money with every transaction
properly replaced merchandise on the sales floor
worked on a constant fast pace
Only reason I left
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 9, 2019
Honestly loved working for them but management made it very difficult to stay around. Because of my religious beliefs I asked for Saturday’s off to attend services and it took me about 4 months of working for them to finally work something out. When holiday season hit they asked me to work 3 Saturdays a month instead of one and we agreed it would only be for the holiday season. They never switched it back
great team
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 8, 2019
would go to any jcpenneys to work they are a good company to work for i learned alot why
i worked there great team work great customer service great management.
Pros
bonus ever year
Cons
hours worked
Great place to experience retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 8, 2019
This was my first job, so I didn’t know what I was doing. I was only offered one day of training, then thrown out to the sharks. Unfortunately, the sharks were Black Friday shoppers. If I was properly trained, this would have been an amazing place to continue working. After the holidays, my hours were cut DRAMATICALLY.
Pros
Coworkers, easy outside of holidays, great managers
Cons
Minimal training, rude customers, wage
Jcpenny is a very good place to work
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 7, 2019
The Jcpenny environment is a good place to work due to friendly helpful employees, flexible hours, reliable people, good working cashier systems, hardworking environment.
Pros
Lunch room, variety of places to eat
Not good.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILOctober 5, 2019
They did not care about the employee. The schedule was not good. One week 27 hours and the next it could be 8 hours. The managers did not want to be bothered with you.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Environment
It was fun seaonal
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 4, 2019
I liked working there as a seasonal employee. I wanted to earn extra money on the side for the holidays and it was pretty flexible. I would recommend to young people because that seems to be the target employees unless you want to work there for a very long time.
Great workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIOctober 3, 2019
A typical day at work was quite exciting because you never knew what type of day you were going to have, which I like. I think the most enjoyable part of this job was getting to interact and help customers find what they were looking for.
Not appearance plus
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 3, 2019
Unless you are a Barbie type it pretty boy you will mean nothing to this company. If you're shy you will be irrelevant. The only people who advance are the pretty ones.
Pros
Store discount
Nice job
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 2, 2019
This a professional job. They have good manegment I highly recommend this job. They are flexible with hours. It's a great job to work at especially in holidays.
Communication with Different types of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 2, 2019
The diversity of customers allowed you to see different views of life. I've learned to connect with customers, whether it be something simple or complicatded
A good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 1, 2019
Good people worked there, the managers were ok and learned some things about retail, sales, and customer service. The work place had some minor things I would want to change but that’s it.
Don't do it.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKOctober 1, 2019
Don't waste your time. Management is sloppy, inappropriate and cruel. Disrespectfully beating around the bush, don't expect to be heard. The company isn't bad, however, this location is terrible.

56.7K