JCPenney Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 5,043 reviews matching the search See all 20,775 reviews
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2019
Managers are nice. The job is not hard and you get to learn new things. The managers are understandable when you can't do many hours. It gets very busy on some days.
Pros
Discounts, knowledge, friends
Cons
Busy nights
Fun work place
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 22, 2019
They were all respectful and a nice company to work for. And well organized . Everyone was helpful and great at training I caught on very well. It’s was a great experience of working there.
good work
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 20, 2019
good place to work and i learned cashiering, customer service and the managers where nice also made alot of friends and helped people. i enjoyed making friends and hepling people
Productive and Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYAugust 20, 2019
On the weekdays the store is pretty quiet but during lunch hours it gets pretty steady so you're always doing something. I love working with my coworkers and love a lot of my managers. Hardest part of the job is being understaffed on a busy day and running around like crazy. Best part of my job is the people I work with.
What i learned
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 20, 2019
How to work the dot com desk. How a jcp credit card program works and the benefits of having it. How to find items in the back for online in store pickup
As a first job it was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2019
Not much to say but if you have open availability they will schedule you overnight shifts and then morning shifts back to back, it was a really good place to begin with retail.
It was a relaxing job
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCAugust 20, 2019
It was a relaxing job I loved working at JCPenney I had very strong customer service skills and all my customers love me there I was a very dependable and hard worker.
Great place to work !
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2019
Part time commission holiday help, offered to stay on. Enjoyed my job/going to work. Only left because they stopped selling appliances. Great place to work, well managed management staff.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Work hours
Energetic fun place to work either cashier or fitting rooms
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 18, 2019
Customer service is always first be nice and respectful to strangers. Answering questions about the products. Ordering specific items a customer may request. Processing credit card applications is the most important thing.
Pros
%25 employee discount
Cons
Part time only
Management is poor
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILAugust 18, 2019
The pay doesn't match what you do, the store I worked at was very unsanitized, expect to work overtime if you take PM shifts, management is chaotic based on my experience, lack of communication.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 18, 2019
I came on as an experienced Sales Associate, so my training was to refresh and learn JCP's way to effectively execute a sales transactions. My most enjoyable part of any given day was to get customers through a long line and to help that indecisive customer save money as we put together a "run-way" outfit.
Fast pace
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 17, 2019
JCPenny was a fast paced Holiday job. The pay was only minimum wage. I feel for the amount of work that was to be done the employee’s should have been compensated more.
Stressful, corporate job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 17, 2019
I was schedule a 2pm to 9pm shift, and they would not physically let any employees leave until 2 am, until the store was clean to their standards. I was roughly 17 at the time and very much taken advantage of.
pretty okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 16, 2019
my time at jcpenney was overall fine. there are ups and downs but its basically exactly what you would expect working there would be like, ring people up, organize stock, clean after closing.
Jcpenny is a nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVAugust 16, 2019
JCPenny is a nice place to work. Easy to learn how to do the job. Easy to work with coworkers. Management is helpful. Not to hard to do. Registers not to hard to work.
its a job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZAugust 15, 2019
management wasn't the nicest definitely need to work on better customer service and treat the staff better but over all was fun during the seasonal time was i was there since it was busy.
Alright job and pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 15, 2019
Working at Jcpenney was pretty boring. It was constant work for not that good of pay. The managers were rude and always had an attitude about something. I don't recommend working there especially not for the pay you'll receive.
employees
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 15, 2019
employees were lazy and didn't want to work just wanted to ignore responsibilities and talk on their phones . when customers were in the store employees focused on their own agenda
Can be a productive and rewarding place to if they ever get a good team again in the store to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 15, 2019
Can be a productive and rewarding place to work if they ever get the right management team to train and work together. Need a stern HR manager to recruit the highly motivated worker. Need to spend more time on training employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYAugust 13, 2019
Overall I found the company to be fun to work for. The holiday season can get a little hectic, Black Friday is always a madhouse, but for the most part of the year the store stays at a slow but steady rate. Good work environment.

56.5K