JCPenney

JCPenney Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 5,302 reviews matching the search See all 22,045 reviews
Great environment, pay not so great
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 23, 2020
I really love working at the location in Tyler. The managers are flexible and treat me and my coworkers better than I've been treated at other places, and they're very flexible with hours. The starting pay is at 8.50 so it's not the worst but it's not something you can live off of.
Into clothing brands.
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 23, 2020
Good place would recommend, however you must like your job to do. I did not like folding clothes or working at fitting rooms therefore I left. If you enjoy do stuff I would recommend
Personally I have been treated more than fairly when needing to change my availability.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAJanuary 22, 2020
I've been with this company for almost 10 years. It really is more like family even with some of the regular customers. I also feel like some of the values have come back.
Very pleasant place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJanuary 22, 2020
I worked in the women’s, misses, petites and junior section of the clothing department. I enjoyed working with the staff and the customers. This was a temporary position that turned permanent.
Seasonal Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJanuary 21, 2020
I was only there for the holiday season, but it was a steady pace, I was always doing something to keep me busy, and whenever we weren’t busy, I always made sure I had something to do!
You have to be good at multi tasking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 21, 2020
Don’t expect to stick to just one job. While I was in jewelry I was also expected to cover mens and/or women’s and not including fitting rooms. It’s easy but they really never had coverage which left other people suffering.
Good starting job for highschoolers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 20, 2020
The Sales Associate position at JCPenney is easy to succeed in and duties from day to day do not differ greatly. Although there is little opportunity for advancement in the company, hours are flexible and it is friendly and inclusive work environment.
Excellent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 20, 2020
Very professional and the training was great. The people all got along and did their job . Very flexible hours. A family spent their career their and retired from working there.
My experience from being a worker at jc penny’s would not recommend this location
Cahier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 20, 2020
First of all the managers there are very childish and are not leaders at all. And never does there job. They will fire you with out purposes and will talk about there associates there. They don’t want you to have the spot light and won’t even allow the associates to communicate it’s no team effort there with the managers. Also Will not work with you availability. They associates on the other hand our just loving and warm hearted i made a lot ago good friends there .
Difficult Management
JcP .Com Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 20, 2020
Management would harass you everyday to sale a credit card or open up one yourself

Pros: Lenient Dress Code

Cons: Low Pay, Rude Customers, Horrendous Work Schedule, and Coworker Drama
Traffic of customers, as well as putting the customer before you.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAJanuary 19, 2020
- Help and understand customers with the items.
- Good management
- Happy working Habitat with diversity in true store.
- Hardest part of the job is to return or exchange online purchases as well as making customers apply for a credit card.
Fun Workplace
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAJanuary 19, 2020
I loved working there, the atmosphere was great as well as the other employees. A typical day was busy and never really having time to not work which made the day go faster. The hardest part of the job was always being on your feet and finding a cute but comfortable pair of shoes to wear.
Good retail associate job
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 18, 2020
Great customers, easy learning, lots of benefits, growing opportunities, diversity work place, good training workers and teachings, hands on with customers and cashier
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 18, 2020
Worked for JCPENNEY for 36 years and I know the company very well. I have sold millions of dollars of merchandise for the company and had a great following of loyal customers. I know products. very well and can teach other
Low pay and no hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 18, 2020
Hours and pay are awful, they do not give raises like they should and your hours are not guaranteed. New employees make more money than some of the old employees. They cut your hours for not succeeding in getting credit applications.
The benefits, and employees
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 18, 2020
Managers tend to make you ask about the JCPenney credit card multiple times and having to keep a certain number of an apot. Dealing with customers that steal isn’t fun. You can’t chase them down your just have to score more customer service towards them till they can’t take it anymore. Hardest part of the job is getting customers to apply for the card. And organizing the entire section you’ve been assigned
Average experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 18, 2020
Working there was not hard at all but at times I did not feel welcomed. Some employees were rude and nasty. At times it could get really busy but overall it was a nice experience working there.
Pros
holiday employee lunches
Cons
short breaks, no call no shows
It was a seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 17, 2020
It was seasonal but I really like it , I found myself working hard , I was a cashier and a Sales Associate , great customer service , very polite, great team work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  9501 Arlington ExpresswayJanuary 16, 2020
Upon searching for employment this job provided safe traveling and decent environment and it is in a nearby local area the public transportation is accessible for many.
Socking position
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 16, 2020
I think the pay is not worth all the work done $9.00 per hrs is just not enough I enjoyed the job & people I've worked with it was overall an excellent experience.

56.9K