JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 642 reviews matching the search See all 20,775 reviews
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 8, 2019
JCPenney is a fun work experience where you can meet a lot of good people and improve your customer service and sales skills. However I don’t feel it is a good long term career as the pay isn’t enough to support average day to day expenses.
Boring place they make you do so much stuff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 7, 2019
If you apply for cashier well you just wasted your time because you be around every where and their managers their are bad I recomend not working their
Pros
20% with other payment 25% with JCPenny credit card on everything
Cons
To much stress
But overall I do like it inspite of!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2019
Like working there, but the only thing that I don't like that sometime I feel like I am picked on by not all management but a certain someone....when I am off wish I was at work to be able to get those Icaps and interact with my co-workers and the customers, especially!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 6, 2019
JCPenney is a great place to work wether you’re a parent or a student. Flexible with scheduling! Easy job and quick to learn. Management is super friendly and always willing to help you out and give additional training if needed. A diverse group of associates that all get along. A nice family environment.
Pros
Coworkers, management, flexible, recognition
JCPenney's
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 29, 2019
JCPenney is a great first time job for teens who are still in high school. Management team some of them are very nice very helpful. it's very diverse.
Pros
25% discount sometimes 30%
Cons
Favoritism
Sooooo wonderful place for working
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 27, 2019
JC penny so excellent place for working.All workers are helping each other.Manager,supervisor and co-workers are very nice.I love my favorite store JCPENNEY.
If you can avoid
Sales Associat e/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  2501 Ming AveJune 23, 2019
Worst experience for a first job. Management is a mess and your coworkers are even messier. Business casual isn’t really enforced so that’s cool. Hours suck.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Coworkers, hours, opened on holidays
It was a Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2019
It was good at first but this 1 manager will make you want to Quit, she will try everything in her power to make you quit if she doesn't like you. Thanks
Pros
Yoy can take little breaks if needed
Cons
It was infested with rodents
Horrable place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 18, 2019
Everyone there acted like they were in highschool. Had to meet a credit card sale goal everyday and if it was not met your hours will drop. There was not enough trainning.
Pros
Long luches
Cons
Everyone acted like a toddler
awesome! I loved the environment
Sales Associate- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 16, 2019
Great place to work! Great people, staff, environment. I've had great memories in there. Usually busy during the holidays especially Christmas but we were able to get the job done
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTJune 16, 2019
This is a wonderful place to work, I met some pretty cool people and my boss was really nice and funny. I would definitely recommend this job. They are a caring company, if something tragic happens they do whatever they can to support you. The pay is okay, not something you could make a living off of tho. The only con is you always have to make sure your telling customers about the store credit card. It can sometimes be difficult if they say no, you have to keep asking until they give 3 no’s. Some people do get very angry
It’s a nice place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJune 13, 2019
It’s a good place to make friends. But after so long you can only go so far and you only make so much. It wasn’t enough to help with personal family..
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Retail
Meh
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJune 13, 2019
Working Fine Jewelry was okay but really boring if we were slow. Working front registers was okay, too. But again, boring if we were slow. Working on the floor was always boring, and it was super repetitive. Training is really bad there. They barely teach you anything before they put you to work. Pay is low.
fun working environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJune 13, 2019
learned multiple tasks and different departments. got to know frequent customers. handle money daily. the supervisors and managers were great to work with.
It's okay for one first job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 12, 2019
Experience from this wasn't the best, but it was an learning experience understand how to communicate with people and understanding their needs from the employees.
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 10, 2019
Overall I liked working at JCP. The coworkers and management were always friendly and very helpful. A typical day consisted of organizing the department, cleaning the fitting rooms, and organizing the merchandise. At the opening and closing of the store we counted the money. It was a fast paced job that required you to be on your feet for the entire shift. JCP lived by the Golden Rule of treating everyone with respect. I enjoyed how fun they made your job. The management always pointed out the positive.
Pros
I liked the 25% discount employees received. Helpful staff.
Cons
Short breaks
Not a long term job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJune 10, 2019
Management could definitely be better. Required to stay passed scheduled time to clean entire store. Need a Morning Team to straighten up instead of workers who’s been standing for hours already and then have to stay 2-3 hours after closing time to clean. Credit apps are pretty much all managers care about. Get praised for making credit more than providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Short Breaks, management, pay
Relaxed and moderate job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 9, 2019
For the most part, working there was real easy-going. There was a lot of teamwork that came into play no matter what your position was, and the environment was chill and relaxed.
My review
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXJune 3, 2019
JcPenny was a fun place to work. Styles were always changing and the resets. I earned the trust of Loss Prevention to help them out. I was top in credit card sales. I learned everything quickly.
Pros
All the changes of styles
Cons
No cons really
It’s stressful but flexible
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 1, 2019
Working at JCPenney can get frustrating and stressful but they try to be flexible to everyone and try to make sure everyone gets paid for what they work
Pros
Discounts

56.5K