JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 694 reviews matching the search See all 21,975 reviews
Productive fun workplace that let me experience the retail industry
Cashier/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, OROctober 25, 2019
Enjoyed my employment at JCPenny very kind and awesome staff! Miss them very much and I am very grateful for the experience I gained working there. Somewhat Challenging yet the guidance of the management team helped a lot. A great place to gain customer service, and sales skills.
Amazing
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 19, 2019
-great environment
-somewhat fast paced
-attention to detail
good to work at if a student. amazing experience. help customers do not be afraid to get credit applications.
Jcpenny review good
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 14, 2019
Payed good money, got along with all the customers and co workers. Always was on time for work . Learned how to be responsible and take care of myself .
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Not enough hours
JCPenney Employment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  1750 Deptford Center Rd Ste D, Deptford Township, NJ 08096October 13, 2019
Overall, JCPenney was not a bad place to work at. I gain experience with Customer Service, cash handling(As a cashier), met cool co-workers, and had good managers. The only thing is that depending on the customers you get to interact with, will make your experience better or worst.
Pros
Gain more Customer experience
Cons
Experience may vary depending on customers
It's a great atmosphere, but no full-time employment is available for sales associate level.
Cashiers/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 12, 2019
Great retail experience, works schedules with students, only smart and quality customer friendly crew hired. Great management team! Great employees' discount 25%! Just would like some full-time positions open for sales associate.
Stressful
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYOctober 11, 2019
The JC Penny location that I worked out of was going through hiring a new store manager and the store was going through. I would work several different departments through out the store every shift, the dressing rooms were always a disaster because associates wouldn't have been in there in days and managers would say different things so shift instructions and goals would be confusing
productive
Sales associate • Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2019
It's a great place to get started at or to just have a part-time at, other than that if you are looking for a job to maintain a family or just yourself it would be tough with the pay.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
I never received two paychecks
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 9, 2019
Working here was okay for my first job. I worked seasonal. However, I am missing two paychecks and/or never received those paychecks and payroll was very unhelpful. I was only able to obtain $1.24 and that was a result of an error on their end where they said I never checked in when I know I did. When I finally obtained a debit card for my money to go to, they said I couldn't add it in because the seasonal had ended. Again, I contacted payroll and they were very unhelpful. I would have rated higher if none of this ever happened.
it sucked
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSOctober 8, 2019
management was the worse, they didn’t care about their employees. very little hours. only good thing about this job was my coworkers and the customers.
They closed without notifying any of the employees
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Easley, SCOctober 8, 2019
Coworkers were friendly but always had a trick up their sleeves. They closed down the store without any real warning to the employees. Very laid back.
Bad management and low annual raises
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 6, 2019
The employees are nice and some are hard working. However the managers are very rude and if your doing a great job they will over work you and have you do other people's job if they are slacking. Also you only get a 20 cent raise yearly no matter how good you are at the job or how many people you get to sign up for the card.
Pros
Cool employees and discounts
Cons
Management and low raise
Poor Management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 4, 2019
The central manager always stays in her office and is never out on the floor and the assistant managers do the majority of the work on the floor that the manager should be doing. Some of the sales associates talk bad about other associates behind their backs for no reason. Some associates are forced to work in sections such as jewelry or curtains/mattresses with no training and don’t receive the training necessary.
Cons
Poor management
Management is not good
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rockwall, TXOctober 2, 2019
I would say this is a good part-time position to earn an extra income. However, this job is mostly geared towards high school students and retired employees. I would not recommend working here as a full-time employee.
Compensation is low, with little to no career advancement. Management is not great.
And the scheduling although it is retail, is not flexible nor, worth it. There are constant last minute changes to schedules and the pay is not worth it with the amount of hours you are scheduled in a week.
Overall a great experience
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNOctober 1, 2019
I highly suggest working at JCPENNYs. I love everyone I work with because they are all so nice. They make sure you are comfortable before putting you out on the floor by yourself. I usually am in the women’s department and I just fold clothes, check the fitting room, put the clothes away that were in the fitting room, and work the register.
JcPenny
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 29, 2019
The JcPenny store in San Angelo, Tx is unfortunately lacking. Most importantly with management. Very hostile and condescending management team, little/no advancement opportunity and inconsistent hours. I transferred departments and was shown very poor treatment throughout the store.
Pros
Employee discount
Adaptable
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yreka, CASeptember 27, 2019
It is a great job if you have kids in sports or extracurricular activities because you can kind of work around their schedule to make it fit. The part that's hard is there's really no option for full-time work. I love my job at JCPenney's just wish that I could get full-time employment through them
JCPenney
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 26, 2019
The workplace was like High school everyone had their clicks and some of the people were mean and judging. The workers didn't help the new workers. The people who work on the floor didn't want to take the customers. The management was all over the place would get mad when the new workers would ask for help.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
short breaks
festive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 26, 2019
They would decorate for the Holiday's and dressed up too. There would be a special coupons on Black Friday's that was limited and where placed into gift bags that were given to the customer's.
Have none
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 26, 2019
Working for JCPenney was a great experience. To meet & learn different aspects of life aspects! Leaning different traits of things. Making sure my Costumers is sastify & happy at all times.... Helping them at in level they need cleaning keep the store neat & clean....
be the best or starve
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 25, 2019
If you don't sell enough credit cards they cut your hours. They won't fire you, or lay you off, just give you one day a month till you quit. Their busy season is the holidays and after that they start cutting your hours no matter how long you've been there. There are no new customers since the company is closing down so it's impossible to hit goals unless you are shady about it.
Pros
lots of dress down days and parties.
Cons
no hour security

56.8K