JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 639 reviews matching the search See all 20,737 reviews
Bad
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 16, 2019
Broken promises and unfair. Didnt find the experience pleasing, there was plenty of favoritism there at the shop and they gave unfair pay to their associates
Pros
Discount
Cons
Will tell u one thing, then its flipped opposite
I liked working here but you barely get hours
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAAugust 15, 2019
I liked working here but you barely get any hours and they don’t ask you if you can work on Black Friday because you only get paid if you work in the morning or at night
The most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 15, 2019
I was very pleased with how lenient the company was with their work hours. I was able to complete my schooling, along with working enough hours to financially support myself. Another thing I really enjoyed was my co-workers. They really brightened my day and it helped the store run like it should.
Very productive but poor communication
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2019
Working here was good, coworkers were amazing. Most management was good at there jobs. Working with schedules however did become a bit of a problem for those who had school.
Poor management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 8, 2019
No one answers the phones or checks voicemails.
They don't prevent problems. They wait for problems to occur and then they might address them.
Aside from management, it's an alright job.
I worked at JCP when I was 17
Sales Associate/Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, PAAugust 6, 2019
Everyday we had to ask customers if they wanted to sign up for a store credit card. It was annoying because our managers pressured us into doing so. It was mostly a competition. But other than that, it's a fun place to work
Need more imprvement
Cashier, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 4, 2019
checking out customers' puchases, folding pants or shirts.
how to use register, deal with mad customers.
Many things about management should be improve.
Advertisement sometimes not fair to loyal customers.
some customers are mean and rude.
most of the woerking parts are easy.
Pros
employee benefit not bad.
Cons
working place should be cleaned more often.
Everyone I work with is extremely nice. Always in a good mood. Everyone is always happy.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 2, 2019
I love working at jcpennys. It is a non stressful job. My associates and managers are extremely nice to work with. Management always let you know when you are doing a great job. The only thing I don’t like is we always have to push credit application to are customers. That can be annoying to customers . Thcustomers get sometimes.
okay place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJuly 28, 2019
Unfair to the seasonal staff when they are working. Decent place to work if you are a normal employee. At this location management definitely chose favorites.
I guess i would say...every job has their (click people) and if u dont fit in the click then u dont matter.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 27, 2019
I worked there for almost 5 years and at first it started off great...I had the job I loved but about 4 months afterwards I got put on another job task back and forth( just helping out) but when I knew anything it became my permanent job..then the manager hired a person to take my position...I was upset...I asked y was I moved ..he said he needed me more on the job position that he put me on but that should have been a choice for me..so then we get a new manager and I told him I waned to come off of the position I was placed on to go back to the floor as cashier..he moved me but soon afterwards he asked me about another job position and. That would come with better pay and I would be certified but that was a lie...I worked that position for about 6 months and had to quick because the standing was too much on the legs..so now I don't have a job anymore.
Pros
If u are a click person u can move up in the company
Cons
Fake it till you make it is what i will say about that.
J.c.penny
Cashier/ sales floor (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 24, 2019
This job is very flexible and very understanding for time off and sick days as well and flexible if you’re in school. Management is very good and as well with the team work
Good first job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLJuly 20, 2019
It is a great place to work if you work in Panama City store. The team is fantastic! They will work with you and your availability, they will see your talent and treat you well. The Panama City Beach store is a whole other story.... There are supervisors that work set schedule, but they will not work with your second job schedule or school schedule. There is a total lack of communication. I watched so many people quit.
Customer Service Specialist
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 19, 2019
This was a great place to work until management starting changing everything.they took away our fulltime status.our benefits too and i had to quit and look for a job that would give me benefits. I used to love this place..
Terrible management and employee culture
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Omak, WAJuly 12, 2019
So many cons and little to no pros. The recent change of management directly affected the employee culture. It wasn't great before, but it definitely got worse. Normal employee behavior include gossiping, laziness, lying, backstabbing, theft, and obvious racism. Employees and customers of color are treated like garbage.
JCPenney
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJuly 10, 2019
This is a great job for someone who loves to relax at work. The days consist of simply making the store floor look presentable or assisting customers at the cash register
Fun working place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 10, 2019
Great organization, excellent Retail Giant, excellent management and associates. Fast paced, helpful Associates who will always mentor a new associate to be the best they can be , great team players. Excellent Employee benefits and discounts. Flexible work place. A typical day at work was always positive attitude, meetings, its going to be a great day and it always is.
Pros
Customer satisfaction, excellent lunch or dinner for employees during the holidays.
No good!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJuly 8, 2019
Long hours. Dressing rooms were always trashed. Understaffed. Lazy coworkers. The customers were very very rude when we tried our best. If you do not sell enough credit cards, you will not get a raise. The store is usually trashed.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 8, 2019
JCPenney is a fun work experience where you can meet a lot of good people and improve your customer service and sales skills. However I don’t feel it is a good long term career as the pay isn’t enough to support average day to day expenses.
Boring place they make you do so much stuff
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 7, 2019
If you apply for cashier well you just wasted your time because you be around every where and their managers their are bad I recomend not working their
Pros
20% with other payment 25% with JCPenny credit card on everything
Cons
To much stress
But overall I do like it inspite of!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2019
Like working there, but the only thing that I don't like that sometime I feel like I am picked on by not all management but a certain someone....when I am off wish I was at work to be able to get those Icaps and interact with my co-workers and the customers, especially!

56.4K