JCPenney Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 687 reviews matching the search See all 21,655 reviews
Nothing Special
Team Member/Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 5, 2019
Barely above average experience while employed by JCPennys. Underappreciated and overall felt the store handling was disorganized. More job security or growth opportunities would have helped. Ok for a temporary part time job.
Pay
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eugene OregonDecember 3, 2019
The pay is what the state start pay. Plus $ 2.00 extra if customer FILLED out a credit card and got approved. That's what the Managers focused on. They hire for seasonal and if you don't get enough people to fill out credit card application and get approved they look down on you. And let you go at the end of the seasonal work
Review on Pennies
JCPenney Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 3, 2019
Pennies is one of the biggest department stores in the country, and many job seekers view it as an attractive place to work. typical day at work is keeping the store clean and presentable. The staff smiles and is always greeting customers. The most enjoyable part about working is getting sales and keeping the customers satisfied.
Great
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2019
Great place to work . It was friendly and family oriented environment. The management staff was awesome as well. The pay and benefits was great to. Slow and fast pace.
Company has double standards for different employees
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 27, 2019
They do not treat people fairly... I was fired for a lie... I was told in August 2018 about doing a credit card without I’d... which was a lie... it took manager till oct 24 to fired me... 8 years with a company I gonna put my job on the line for 2.00... 2 months no warning no write up.. Something is definitely wrong in that store.. it has happen to many people wrongful termination...
Pretty Fun Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHNovember 23, 2019
Management was very laid back, great associates to work with everybody was nice. Only problem was that management would push the credit cards too much. Unrealistic time windows to complete tasks at work.
Contemporary Fashion with Family values in mind
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 20, 2019
The staff was very welcoming and this was a fun place to wok for the holidays. I enjoyed helping customers with their purchases. The discounts helped me provide a good christmas for my family.
Ok job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 19, 2019
Poor mangement skills . Not enough training for employees.. And they put you all over allwats making sure u sbmitballot of credit cards for therir company..
work environment
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VANovember 18, 2019
Its a very fun place to work but the pay and hours isn't that good. The store it self is was to big and its not that fun to work at to many bad customers.
Great place to start a sales associate career
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 8, 2019
This was my first job, I learned so much, really enjoyed working here if I could go back I would. The managers were very understanding helped out with any questions, they explained everything very well.
Decent
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARNovember 1, 2019
They could use some small improvements while managing. Personally, they worked pretty good with outside activities when having to request off. They could improve in that area a little more. Overall, they’re motivating and know what their doing. They work as a team.
Poorly run
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJOctober 27, 2019
Managers consistently ignore employees, lack of communication, made minors work over the legal time, They ignore the 6 month raise or wont tell you about it, Constantly ignore safety issues, customers consistently angry at confusing sales, Short breaks or breaks taken away or cut in half. Lots of managers giving multiple different directions leaving employees confused. Would pay new employees more who had less experience, Management ignoring harassment. Constantly making you stay longer than scheduled, throwing employees to different departments if short staffed knowing the employees are not aware of another departments sales or merchandise. Customers would violate dressing rooms with their urine or feces expecting employees to lean it up, would expect employees to put themselves in unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
Pros
Ocasionally able to leave on time.
Cons
It was the worst job experience
Productive fun workplace that let me experience the retail industry
Cashier/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, OROctober 25, 2019
Enjoyed my employment at JCPenny very kind and awesome staff! Miss them very much and I am very grateful for the experience I gained working there. Somewhat Challenging yet the guidance of the management team helped a lot. A great place to gain customer service, and sales skills.
Amazing
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAOctober 19, 2019
-great environment
-somewhat fast paced
-attention to detail
good to work at if a student. amazing experience. help customers do not be afraid to get credit applications.
Jcpenny review good
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDOctober 14, 2019
Payed good money, got along with all the customers and co workers. Always was on time for work . Learned how to be responsible and take care of myself .
Pros
Money was good
Cons
Not enough hours
JCPenney Employment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  1750 Deptford Center Rd Ste D, Deptford Township, NJ 08096October 13, 2019
Overall, JCPenney was not a bad place to work at. I gain experience with Customer Service, cash handling(As a cashier), met cool co-workers, and had good managers. The only thing is that depending on the customers you get to interact with, will make your experience better or worst.
Pros
Gain more Customer experience
Cons
Experience may vary depending on customers
It's a great atmosphere, but no full-time employment is available for sales associate level.
Cashiers/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAOctober 12, 2019
Great retail experience, works schedules with students, only smart and quality customer friendly crew hired. Great management team! Great employees' discount 25%! Just would like some full-time positions open for sales associate.
Stressful
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYOctober 11, 2019
The JC Penny location that I worked out of was going through hiring a new store manager and the store was going through. I would work several different departments through out the store every shift, the dressing rooms were always a disaster because associates wouldn't have been in there in days and managers would say different things so shift instructions and goals would be confusing
productive
Sales associate • Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 11, 2019
It's a great place to get started at or to just have a part-time at, other than that if you are looking for a job to maintain a family or just yourself it would be tough with the pay.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
I never received two paychecks
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 9, 2019
Working here was okay for my first job. I worked seasonal. However, I am missing two paychecks and/or never received those paychecks and payroll was very unhelpful. I was only able to obtain $1.24 and that was a result of an error on their end where they said I never checked in when I know I did. When I finally obtained a debit card for my money to go to, they said I couldn't add it in because the seasonal had ended. Again, I contacted payroll and they were very unhelpful. I would have rated higher if none of this ever happened.

56.7K