JCPenney Employee Reviews

good enviornment
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Bourbonnais, ILFebruary 23, 2018
I feel all of the employees have compassion and understanding. It is a fun place to work and there is room to take on more hours if i would like to.There could be more traffic.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low traffic
unprofessional , rude , and uncommunicative
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDFebruary 23, 2018
they dont have good communication skills with there employees and rude to customers and they dont care of the inconvenience of the employees . they weren't understanding or caring.
Friendly enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 23, 2018
It was a friendly place to work, not always organized, people were nice to work with. Not a hard job. Busy work always something do, if there were no customers, there were go backs, things customers did not want or returned that needed to be put back. Keeping the work areas clean.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours
good stepping stone
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 23, 2018
be able to operate cctv and two way radios. able to have good report with law enforcement agencies and the community. have a good understanding with emergency action plans.
Overall Pleasant.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 23, 2018
I was responsible for sorting clothes in various departments and also organizing. I had contact with the customers guiding them to the right places in the store and selling the products.
Pros
friendly atmoshere.
Cons
short breaks
store mgt not supportive
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAFebruary 23, 2018
store managment not supportive of asset protection efforts. only interested in day to day store functions. difficult to complete job tasks with support
Job Sucks
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2018
This job is bad. They stay on your throat about selling their credit card. To the point that workers had to trick people into signing up. They do not care about how good you are at doing your task and getting them done on time. ALL they care for is the credit card sign up. The only way to get hours is to have people to sign up and if you do not trick people then you will never get hours.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything about this job
good job for college students
Seasonal Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2018
JCP has a pretty relaxed environment, when store is busy, time does goes by pretty fast. this is a good job if your are a high school or college student.
Fun place to work where I could work with children and be creative
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 22, 2018
I was really disappointed in the 10 min window for taking children's photos. That' s not enough time to photograph a 2 year old and I feel like your cheating the parents out of what could be awesome pictures once the child warns up to you which usually takes longer than 10 minutes.
Pros
Love kids, absolutely passionate about photography
Cons
10 min window, not enough hours, no benefits
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYFebruary 22, 2018
for the most part, working at JCpenney was pretty fun because it is a very friendly store for one, i was pretty much friends with everyone there. the only thing i did not like there is that some of the managers do not really acknowledge how much work we do for the company and take us for granted
Great company to work for
Human Resource Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 22, 2018
You work hard and get rewarded, lots of associate training, great benefits, great customer service, variety of bands with reasonable prices, opportunities for growth both professional and personal, and opportunity to relocate.
Pros
Competitive pay and generous benefits
Cons
No comment
I loved my job at JCPenney Salon
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAFebruary 22, 2018
Great place/environment to work, I love meeting new people everyday and in a Salon environment, I was able to do that. Because of new Management for the entire Company 1,000 people throughout the country lost their jobs in JCP Salons because they were trying to go on a different path that ended up failing for them. For example, taking away commissions and eventually taking away jobs.
Pros
Something new everyday
Cons
Bringing in new Management that failed the Company and ultimately my job
Fun and productive workplace
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2018
I honestly loved working at JCPenney the environment was amazing and i was excited to go to work everyday to be honest the whole staff was amazing we always shared a laugh or two together
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No cons about this job
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 22, 2018
I was working for Giant Food at the same time. It was interfering with me being able to get extra hours at Giant Food. I enjoyed my time there. My boss was very nice.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Not enough money
productive and laid back sometimes
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  5000 Frederica St, Owensboro, KY 42301February 22, 2018
Everyone there was very nice and helpful. It was fast paced and you had to sell credit cards anytime someone came to checkout. The part I enjoyed most about the job is the people and customers I worked with.
bleh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEFebruary 22, 2018
at first working there was fun and I enjoyed it.After being there for a few months I noticed a recurring problem of certain employees slacking off and managers doing nothing got frustrating very quickly.
Alot of teamwork on the job coming from different departments
Detail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCFebruary 22, 2018
This was a job that wasn't secure but did offer more benefits then many other jobs. Jobs came and went due to the shut down of many Warehouses. So job security was never set in stone
Pros
Paid time off, working with alot of team plyers
Cons
Some departments would come and go, never knew if they were going to send your particular job to another city, sickness policy, paid time vacation
N/a
Fork-lift Operator/General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GAFebruary 22, 2018
It was a rigorous job with high school environment. It was mandatory overtime so it interfered with personal life. Not the best job in the world it pays.
Good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2018
It a fast pace environment but overall a good place to work. The associate don't get to many hours so you must be willing to talk to the mangers to see what can be done about it.
Working
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 22, 2018
The skills I did was putting the clothes back, working on the cash register and helping customers. Helping the customer find clothes and locate where they need to go.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks

55.2K