JCPenney Employee Reviews

Showing all 20,794 reviews
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 24, 2019
JCPenney was a very easy going job. They always worked around my schedule and gave time off when I needed it for school or vacation. I worked at two locations. The Management was terrible at the first location I worked at.
Quick Paced and Structured
Suit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 24, 2019
I enjoyed my time with the company, I learned a fair bit about customer service and providing sales advice. Great entry level position with the ability to learn.
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAAugust 24, 2019
good managers and such but when I was working there the management was a mess, and the studio was disintegrating into chaos. I was a new hire and they werent able to properly train me due to it.
productive and fast pace
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 24, 2019
A typical day work started around 6 or 7am. Once trucks unloaded a fast pace enviroment starts. Nothing really hard about the job though. Everyone helps out with each other.
JCPenney
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 24, 2019
The job was nice because I really didn’t like talking to people like that till I got this job. The management at JCPenney was alright when I first started but then people left and new managers got hired and that’s when management was at it worst. The hardest part about this job was that they weren’t good on break coverage and scheduling. I enjoyed working here cause of the associates and the friendly customers .
No healthcare until you've been there a year that's the worst thing
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 23, 2019
Very needy customers can't seem to ever look for anything on their own. No health insurance until full time for a year. I've never heard of any company making you wait that long!
Positive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2019
As a Jcpenney's assoicate, we are usually the first person the customer meets upon entering our stores. I always try to create and maintain a long-term relationship with our customers. To achieve sales goals and represent the store in a positive manner.
Pros
Employee discount. Meeting and greeting the customers
Cons
Working on holidays
Jcpenney
Online Sales (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COAugust 23, 2019
This was honestly a horrible place to work. The management team sees that everyone is disposable and they definitely treat you as such. The pay isn't worth working there.
The most enjoyable part of the job
JC Penney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 23, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job doing recovery at JCPENNEY. I was able to work at my own pace, & it was nice to be able to work by myself. I was assigned to a certain part of the store & the work day went by fairly fast.
Fake
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 23, 2019
You don’t actually get close to anyone. The managers have favorites and if your not one of them you can go days without being talked to other than hello. They lie straight to your face. Tell you everything you want hear in an interview and then don’t do any of it. Double standards if you aren’t a favorite by one of the mangers. There are like 12 managers and they don’t communicat. I was favored by one manager the way I was treated by other managers was horrible and I watched the one who favored me be horrible to other employees.
Very disrespectful to employees
Customer Service Associate/Sales (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 23, 2019
Cant tell much. Good store but very many hateful people. They focus on negatives instead of positive things. It is a very clean store and loved by the community.
Flexible schedule, Great management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 23, 2019
love to help the customers there and co-workers are really friendly! The atmosphere is really good. The current manager is outstanding. JCPenney is a great company to work for. They have great benefits for you and your family. You can have flexible hours and they will work with you In case of aspect that you will need.
overall a good place to work
Area Asset Protection Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 23, 2019
company has a history of being run poorly but top leadership but new leadership is trying to steer the company back on course. Lots of outdated equipment and old way of thinking that needs to be rejuvinated and brought to current systems and technology.
A fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NY 11755August 23, 2019
Despite the fact that I had a seasonal position at J. C. Penney, I had a very wonderful experience as the first job where I got paid a minimum wage salary.
Comfortable but busy atomsphere
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 23, 2019
Seaonal employment throughout the holiday season .....Very busy enviroment steady paste organized and professional my responibilty and duties included presenting merchadise for sale.......
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Na
Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 23, 2019
It was very fun to work there, I had really fun coworkers and the job was always fun. I was new and they took me in and made feel really welcome and showed me the ropes of the job right away.
Fun to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  El pasoAugust 22, 2019
Jcpenny was the most wonderful and enjoyable place to work at i loved it so much el paso is the best city ever everyone is so nice and loving jcp you guys rock keep up the good work
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 22, 2019
very fun place to work it was a little unorganized and people in management should have taken responsiblity for some things but they didnt, but it was an alright experience.
Great Discounts
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALAugust 22, 2019
I enjoyed working there for the most part. The associate discount was outstanding but workload didnt match pay or benefits offered. Several management changes over a short period with policy changes
Productive place to work with wonderful people
Sales Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2019
Everyone at JCPenney are wonderful people and working there is a good first job. The most enjoyable part is meeting all the wonderful people. I do enjoy working there and feel my skills are put to the test.

56.5K