JCPenney Employee Reviews

Rushed work invinorment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 20, 2018
employees were enforced with how many cards they could get a person to sign up for. if one does not meet that requirement there would be consequences.
Jcpenny
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 20, 2018
It was a nice place to work at. Associates were nice, management was very good to me and work around my schedule. However the pay was not that great. The discounts however was pretty cool
Pros
Nice discounts
Cons
Low pay
Stressful environment
HR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 20, 2018
Working for this company is stressful to say the least. Retail is never a fun time but this company in particular is a rough. Work to life balance there is none to say the least. The managers get annoyed when you want a day off or a week of vacation and expect you to be on call 24/7 with your availability. If you don't mind being a robot and working all the time while being treated as a cog in a machine rather than a human, then you'll be fine.
Pros
money
Cons
management, attitudes, leadership, corporate, angry customers
Nice place to work
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 20, 2018
A typical day at work come in unload the truck put things where they need to go, that i learn at the job be on time. management is ok very easy going
Pros
leave early
Cons
short hours
Productive and fun to work.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSJune 20, 2018
Our location was in Hutchinson, KS so a typical day was pretty slow, but as long as you are good at making yourself busy and being creative you could usually stay pretty busy. They had the best management team I have ever worked with.
Work place
Sales associate, Customer service, Jewelry (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 20, 2018
I loved working at jcpenny unfortunately my family moved and i had to leave but if i had a choice i wouldve stay for a long time the hiring manager and manger was very nice and welcoming
Pros
Co-wokers, fun work environment
Cons
All co-worker cant be good
no cons
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 20, 2018
it was my first job so it was to be as expected, but short lived. the management was nice and for it to be a department store, we would get out at a nice time every night.
Poor managment
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Guilderland, NYJune 20, 2018
The managers of the specific branch I work for rush everything,shame you for not being fast enough,and cannot keep a single person around for more than two weeks.
Do not recommend
Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 20, 2018
I would not recommend working here. I worked there 2 years no raise and no advancement. When I went and asked for a raise they refused. The management was terrible everything was terrible
Seasonal Position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 20, 2018
Despite the position being seasonal. Management stressed that if sales goals are met, and ICaps a made frequently then the position is made permanent. However this information is completely false. Management utilizes favoritism regardless of employment performance and or customer service
Great Environment
CUSTOMER SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Broward County, FLJune 20, 2018
As like all other department stores JCP is a great company to work for. Over the years I have worked in a plethora of different departments around the store. I was never too stressed out of placed in a situation that was questionable by management.
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
No work hours
Fun Work Place
Senior Detail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 19, 2018
If you want to learn you can always find someone that can teach you. There are a lot of opportunities but everything is very slow moving to do so. There are a lot of hours and full and part time employment. The scheduling can be very flexible depending on the position. The biggest issue I had was communication and getting time off. And when I had my miscarriage (which started on site) I got points for it even though it was a medical emergency that I had to leave.
Pros
Fun environment, great people to work with
Cons
Little communication
fun place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 19, 2018
everyone was cool and management was laid back. the peers were nice and pleasant to work with . the work balance was manageble. the environment was pleasant
Enjoyed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CA 95337June 19, 2018
I liked working here for my first job it was a great experience to gain as first starting out in the work field. It was laid back even on the rush days for back to school and the managers were super helpful and nice.
Super flexible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJune 19, 2018
super nice quiet environment super flexible with hours and are very understanding when it comes to sick days or calls off you get paid alot for retail
Great discount
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 19, 2018
Very friendly people
Room for improvement
Paid training
PTO for all employees( certain requirements)
Help with training on register
Coaching for newer stylists
Pros
Pto
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and friendly environment
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 19, 2018
I really enjoyed working at JCPenney and everything that I learned there. From cashiering to packaging a customer's order, I was able to generate many new experiences and skills. I was moved to a lot of different areas of the store so I learned the duties of many different positions which I think has helped me greatly. I really loved the environment and all of my coworkers. It was always fun and friendly and I felt like I belonged.
Pros
Discounts, Environment
Cons
N/a
good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2018
I had emergency had to leave out of town spoke to the manager 3 days about it before leaving she said she will take me off the schedule the day I had to leave turns out they didn't I was not thought all the things I was suppose to learn.
Unorganized
Fast paced work enviorment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, MIJune 19, 2018
My job was in the back unloading the stock and putting it to the floor. It was nice and easy going, but very time limited. I enjoyed myself on occasion but managers would be testy if we weren't fast enough.
Employment was great with friendly employers, they cares
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 19, 2018
I worked well with JC Penney as a Cashier. I could see myself moving up in further my career. My Disability is what had me to just work Part Time but i loved the job atmosphere.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Some Customers was beriable to deal with

55.6K