JCPenney Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 12, 2017
The management at JCPenney was very unorganized. I have had interactions with customers where a manager was needed. Some of the managers would tell me something different every time one was called. Also, the recognization within the job was not up to par. Too much work was being asked for the little I was getting paid.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Unfair managers
Very Busy Salon
Hairstylist/Cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYDecember 11, 2017
Day consisted of all Areas of Cosmetology. Hair cutting, coloring, perms, eyebrows, ear piercing, pedicure, nails. Booked appointments for the salon and answered the phone as needed. Must sell retail hair supplies.
Pros
nice salon
Cons
pay
How much product can you scan?
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 11, 2017
Its all about how fast you can move the product. You are put on teams where you score points according to how many trucks you unload. That determines pay. "How much Freight can you scan in is the name of the game."
simple
Associate/Leader (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 11, 2017
I found this company to be hardcore because I got ran out of the company. It was a good company in the sense that I was a really hard worker. I didn't let anyone put me down.
Not consistent in treatment of employees committing same mistakes.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2017
Not consistent in treatment of employees committing same errors. JCPenney does have a good benefit package. Ability to choose work schedule, as in four 10 hour days as opposed to five 8 hour days, is a positive also.
Horrible
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CADecember 11, 2017
I worked my first retail job here for the winter. Was the worst job for me, the manager was never around. I had no training, the portal was never updated with hours so I got scheduled for days I was not aware of so I wasn't able to make them. Coworkers were not helpful, watched others fail.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks, no culture, bad environment, coworkers, management, hours
Enjoyable work day
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKDecember 11, 2017
i think this is very time consuming not even relating to my resume wish i could skip all this but it wont let me sure wish it would it is crazy very crazy
Not Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CADecember 11, 2017
Holidays were the worst. Managers did not have a sense of clue on how to schedule. You may easily get off work at 2AM and be back in the building at 8am to open.
Worst job ever
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYDecember 11, 2017
If you didn't ask EVERY customer, returning or knowingly already has one, to apply for a cc through them they would treat you like dirt! i was yelled at, had hours cut from me, and treated like i was 12 years old. i hated this job and the management!!
Pros
Cons
everything about this job is a con
Not to bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHDecember 11, 2017
It was not a bad place to work, I was hired on for holiday help. The only complaint that I had was lack of communication. they could use an update on their data base tho.
Pros
the discounts
Cons
holiday madness
retail
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  1441 tamiami trail port charlotte fl 33948December 11, 2017
the store was clean except for the air vents which would spew dust on the clothing i mostly worked unloading trucks and getting merchandise to the floor as in most retail the employee is not considered in any way.
Fast paced slow advancement
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 10, 2017
The job can be very stressful. You are expected to complete multiple tasks that do not account for preparation or assisting customers. During slower times it is easier but during rushes you are still expected to do all of the assigned tasks plus whatever was left behind.
Pros
Flexibility with schedules
Cons
High expectancies with little leeway
Nice place to work for
Hyperion Developer & Production Support Executive (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 10, 2017
Daily work load is within limits, with all facilities like ping pong table gym, work culture is also collaborative and easy going. But there is lack of career advancement
Pros
nice building
Great place to work at
Assistant Manager Merchandising/ Operations (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 10, 2017
A typical day at JCPenney is puuting the Associate First and making sure their needs are met . This creates a great customer experience environment! We are to display WORTH behavior to associates and customers at all times. W welcoming, O offering, R respecting time, T thanking, H helping!

It is a very upbeat and competitive retail environment. Every day is exciting and energized. It is all about delivering Exceptional service and making sales. Driving a team to deliver excellent service is very rewarding.

Th most enjoyable part of the job is when we see our associates having fun and enjoying what they do, and making the connection with the customer.
Pros
associate engagement programs
Cons
Advancement
Fun workplace
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 10, 2017
They were great about hours and taking time off, it was a easy but fun job, sometimes stressful during back to school and holiday shopping but good for experiences.
Set Hours and Productive shifts
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 10, 2017
Basically a Fast Paced job with a small group of co-workers
Work in Stock room and loading dock unloading trucks and
processing Merchandise onto racks and Carts.
Restock sales floor and recover departments
Clean up Work area before the end of the day
Pros
Set Hours, days and Breaks
Cons
Early shift starts at 5am
pretty good job if you want to work
Call center representative (Current Employee) –  wauwautosa, wiDecember 10, 2017
i have worked here a few years now and there is room for advancement if you are an employee that works diligently and can meet the expectations. I will not be leaving anytime soon.
Great company, poor management
Product Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 10, 2017
JCPenney's Golden Rule is "treat others the way you'd like to be treated". There is very poor management in the store. The leaders do not know hot to normally speak to the employees. The WORST thing is that management would sometimes change people's work schedules WITHOUT telling them.
Mismanaged
Task team (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 10, 2017
Current store manager is incompetent and way in over her head. Store is behind work load planning, missing targeted holiday goals. Overnights became mandated to catch up.
Great products
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHDecember 10, 2017
Great products, great people, good discounts, in the mall, convenience of location, good hours, clean store, great sales, lots of choices of clothing and accessories
Pros
In mall
Cons
Low pay