JCPenney Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,437 reviews
A great company
Subject Matter Expert - Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 12, 2019
There are always things to like or dislike. The medical benefits aren’t great. Prior positions held with the company were great. The current position is micro managed and a favorites club.
I thought they were awesome
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Store 1475November 12, 2019
I was treated very well, my store is beautiful and great. I'm so happy I got fine Jewelry Dept. The staff is great wonderful leadership I'm very happy to be a part of the team especially for the holidays.
It was a good place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GANovember 12, 2019
If jcpenny had never closed in june of 2003. I would still be there.i was a picker packer.i started off with manpower. My last year of employment there was 2003
Cons
Hate they closed and reopen
Fair
Cosmetology and Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 12, 2019
A great place to work very fast pace. You can grow as an employee there and the schedule is pretty decent. The pay sucks and it no weekly so I recommend you come to work to work
Customer service, cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 12, 2019
My review went great they told me that they would call me back in couple days and they did call me back and I got the job....they gave me onsite training...and let me go from there
Productive, nice offices at corporate headquarter
Sr. Energy Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 12, 2019
Best company to work for. People and managment were great and the company cared about their employees. They respected me as a person and the work I did for the company.
Awful
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 12, 2019
I hated working here! The management was horrible and we had no idea what to do. We didn't have a manager in the salon for six months and no one knew what to do in her absence.
Loved it
Supervisor of men's kids and home departments (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDNovember 12, 2019
I loved my job. I really miss working there. I was really good at any and all of my responsibilities. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the snow.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 12, 2019
JcPenny is a good environment to work in if you enjoy working in a fast paced and busy setting. I enjoyed the company employee discount on merchandise. But they really need to organize their teams and departments with good managers to help lead their team.
Management is terrible
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2019
Loved the interaction with co workers made work flow easy, would hardly get scheduled and other co workers had the same problem, management is terrible !
The productivity was well kept and in order
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 12, 2019
With the people I had worked with seemed pretty casually and in order. With working their seemed pretty good work experience. The work place was in order and real nice place for employment.
Not the best place to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 12, 2019
Not the best place to work for, not willing to give hours to just anyone, a lot of favoritism. Managers aren’t good at what they do but expect a lot from associates.
Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 12, 2019
Fast pace job. Everything usually move smoothly working there flexible hours. Great managers all help when needed. Just when you want to move up there it take to long and you dont usually get good raises.
It was a great experience
Ticketer (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GA 30297November 12, 2019
While the company was great to work for but it was 1 hr from my home to get which is why I leave. My job was to put the tags on the merchandise and to put it in order.
Pricing Team Member (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 12, 2019
Great place to work. The best supervisor ever. Giving customer service was awesome. I really enjoyed working here. My hour were great. My team I worked with was fabulous. Morning meeting was very helpful to what department was up or down.
A day at JCPenny
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 12, 2019
A typical day at JCPenny was good and easy. The managers were great! Very friendly and easy going. Everyone around! The hardest part was looking at people mess up the table you just finished folding. The most enjoyable part of the day was break time and also when we clocked out. I made a lot of great friends and also made great communication skills.
Not horrible but not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 12, 2019
I worked seasonally at a JCPenney in Hermitage. It was nothing out of the ordinary for retail work.That being said, I would not recommend for anyone to work there unless they had no other choice. I was disciplined for customer complaints no matter how ridiculous and unfair they were. JCPenney will NOT have your back and will reward customers for abusing you with discounts and coupons.

Recently, over 4 years after I had worked there last, I applied for a position as a salon receptionist. I was told over the phone that they would pay only $8.50 an hour. This is the same thing I had made when I worked as a seasonal sales associate! Absolutely ridiculous that they would underpay so much and it tells you how much they really value your work.

final verdict: find something better
Great place to work at
Fine Jewelry Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 12, 2019
It’s been such a good experience working for JCPenney. I can say management has improved in the past few years and I also like to work and see people from different backgrounds.
Fun & Interactive Environment
Assistant Store Manager Merchandise/Operations (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 11, 2019
Being part of a growing company has its ups and down. Along side loyal associates who believe the core values make everything worth it. Your skills will always be challenged and appreciated in the retail environment.
I leave a good review
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 11, 2019
I leave a good review I liked the pay rate and the and it was every close to where I live at not a fat job and good time for me and we had lots of over time and they do not over work you

56.6K