JCPenney Employee Reviews

Sales Associates
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 18, 2018
Overall the company is not bad, Just the management needs a lot of communication and needs to be on task. Due to issues from time to time, managers doesn't help much when their employees are going through difficult.
Good sales career
Department Manager/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 18, 2018
Managed employees on a comprehensive level through scheduling, performance, coaching and professional development.
Develops efficient workforce and motivated employees who can achieve maximum productivity for a fast-paced organization.
Excellent communication with vendors, customers and stakeholders in order to ensure optimal service.
Cons
How it was working in jcpenny
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
Cared more about their customers then their employees.Managers let the customers that come and shop mis treat the employees very messy store good sales though
Pros
Good sales
Cons
Rude managers
Productive workplace with continued management support
Part-time Sales Associate in Jewelry Department (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEJuly 18, 2018
This is a very supportive workplace and we continually have educational learning videos to help us provide the best customer service that we can for our customers.

The hardest part of the job to trying to wait on more than 1 customer at a time as there is usually only 1 person assigned to the department at a time. However, other team members are usually available to help or clear up any questions for the customer or with the computer.

Most enjoyable are working with the team members and the fun activities that our General Manager provides for us.
Pros
Some free lunches and snacks, dress code is relaxed for specific times
Cons
No benefits, schedule changes each week
Pretty Easy but Not great pay and Not good management.
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 18, 2018
Managers were mostly doing nothing and just on their phones. Barely helped out on floor, cared only about themselves and getting paid. Too little pay here to be given multiple jobs to do at once with only like two people per shift.
Pros
Friendly associates, Good break time, Sometimes bring in occasional food for associates
Cons
Bad management, Store very messy, disorganized, and low pay for job duties.
Fun place to work
Suits Salesman (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 18, 2018
I was working partime at JCPenney. It was a great work environment. Management was always able to work with you under any situation. That what I loved JCPenney. All the associates are willing to help you anytime.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Sometimes we stay too late
Better Managment
Sales Associate Full Time (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2018
Needs Better Management, More control in different department, better line signs more employees give more hours to employee more understanding managers
Pros
discounts
Cons
better benefits, better management
work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJuly 18, 2018
mangement is good part time has no benifits people are nice. hours weekly is less then 30 weekly no over time but sometimes we would have overtime. there alwalys something to do
needed more money
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Staunton, VAJuly 18, 2018
This was a low paying job no matter what position you held. Increases were not even enough to be considered an increase. I wanted a set schedule and that was not possible with this position.
Fast Paced and Very annoying
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 18, 2018
depends on who your manager is, customers tend to be disrespectful, and customers feel obligated for a discount. I wouldn’t recommend working here unless it is your first job
Bed Bug Infestation
Major Appliance Customer Rep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 18, 2018
Lsst week of my training the company informed us that they have bed bugs by having a safety meeting. Co workers were finding bugs EVERYDAY. Terminex comes to the company to treat but they do not treat the chairs everyone sits in. You can not bring in any alcohol to spray your area. So you have to sit there paranoid hoping and praying a bed bug doesn't get on you, you take it home and it lays eggs now your house is infested, then you have to throw out all your things. Its not worth it i quit for that very reason. They clearly dont care about their employees.
Other than that its a great job, room for advancement because the turn over rate is really high
Benefits
Cons
Bed bugs
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 17, 2018
At my time at JCPenney I did indeed learn more about fashion and clothing, as well as communication skills. I uspoke Spanish and English which helped a lot of customers
Pros
15 min break paid
Cons
Worked pass 10:30 pm
would not recommend to my worst enemy
Sales Associate/Fitting Room (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 17, 2018
Working at JCP is not fun! Management is completely focused on the credit card goal and not the well-being of the associates. The associates are all great people, and hours get cut if you get on the bad side of HR. Former associates don’t work as well as others, and the associates who do work get all of the workload while the ones who don’t just get smaller jobs.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad management, unfair pay, unfair workload
would go back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJuly 17, 2018
met one of my best friends working here and i am so grateful to have met her i call her my little sister and i wouldn't change her for the world jcp will always get love
Terrible Work Environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 17, 2018
Management was terrible to the employees. Didn't care about our well being. I have lots of stories about this place. Very unprofessional. Rarely allowed any breaks.
Sinking ship
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 17, 2018
The company is a sinking ship. Not a lot of advancement opportunities. Management constantly cutting hours to save payroll. Employee engagement is nonexistent.
Poor Leadership
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 17, 2018
The Store Manager did not spend any time training me. I had to learn it all on my own. I feel I did an outstanding job. I had sales goals set for all of the department supervisors and updated them on a daily basis. We always exceeded the goals and beat last year sales. I worked on some of days off. The District Manager and I had several meetings about the Store Manager and the way he would assign me projects that I was not responsible for. He made me do them anyway.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Great job for teens looking to gain work experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 17, 2018
Its an excellent job opportunity for teens looking to gain work experience and a summer job while out of school the only bad things is that you have some managers that don't do their job and some that will take advantage of you if you let them
Pros
Great job for teens looking to gain work experience in dealing with people or customers
Cons
Management can be kind of shady
Good pay and taylord hours. part time with no benefits
SELLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 17, 2018
I sold shoes and other footwear and accessories on a commissioned basis, part-time during evenings and weekends while I also worked as a substitute teacher and English tutor. Because of these high-traffic hours I earned substantial commission. I also learned sales and prospecting techniques on an "on the job training" basis. The position was somewhat stressful as it was full service where salespeople found the shoes in the back stockroom for each customer and helped them individually, often having to work with numerous customers simultaneously when busy. Part time hours did not allow for any benefits or paid vacation days. Full-time employees made lower hourly commissions because of working during business hours when customer traffic was lower.
Pros
Good hourly commisson base, education of customer service and sales techniques
Cons
No benefits or paid time off
JCPenney Logistics supervisor
SUPPLY CHAIN SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCJuly 17, 2018
The workload is typically doable during the day with very little stress.
The leaders are fair and rational.
It is necessary to collaborate with fellow supervisors.
The culture is laid back most of the time but very driven when business dictates.
It is necessary to be flexible because the workload changes constantly and you have to be available to get it done quickly
Pros
Fair leadership
Cons
Pay, benefits, overtime without compensation for management

55.6K