JCPenney Employee Reviews

Found 21,974 reviews matching the search See all 21,975 reviews
Strong sense of family.
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 17, 2020
JCPenney has a wonderful culture of caring. Management takes the time to show that they really care. It has been refreshing to work for such a company.
It was a seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 17, 2020
It was seasonal but I really like it , I found myself working hard , I was a cashier and a Sales Associate , great customer service , very polite, great team work
amazing work environment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 16, 2020
Everyone there is amazing and caring. The leadership is very helpful and understanding. The hours were not the best though but it's an amazing first job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  9501 Arlington ExpresswayJanuary 16, 2020
Upon searching for employment this job provided safe traveling and decent environment and it is in a nearby local area the public transportation is accessible for many.
Great company
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 16, 2020
Family, work to make the customer happy. Make the employee s feel special. Lots of love. Good work environment . Good benefits, Coachs a very helpful
cashier and customer service
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMJanuary 16, 2020
I really enjoyed working at Jcpenny i feel like it was a good and very supportive environment & it taught me a lot on how to work & deal with the customers.
Fun atmosphere
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLJanuary 16, 2020
This job is a really fun atmosphere but it is not enough hours. People are great and the staff is amazing. Customer service is great. I would totally recommend this place. Made lots of friends.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Not many hours
Seasonal
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 16, 2020
When I first applied, I heard back from the manager within a day or two. That told me that they REALLY needed somebody and that they may be a good company. Being there for a month drained me a bit because I felt there was favoritism and dislike among some employees. I went from working full days to getting an average of three to four hours. This showed me that they really didn’t want me there and when the season was over, I never got a call regarding if I still had a job or not. It was nice being able to do something different and also learn something different, but the favoritism and dislike really messed it up
Pros
Nice customers even on days when there was really no help (weekends were BAD)
Cons
Favoritism
JCPenney is the best place that I have ever worked at
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 16, 2020
My team is an amazing team and I feel valued and appreciated. I would highly recommend JCPenney to anyone who is looking for a family type company. I have grown and learned so much with my wonderful training team.
Focus on great customer service
Corporate Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 16, 2020
Job is good overall. Can be challenging. You have to be able to adapt and learn quickly. It's very necessary to help upset customers find solutions to problems.
Hard to say
Master Stylist/Colorist (Current Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 16, 2020
Hard to say because I am a stylist that

came with my own book. I get paid

commission. It’s what you make it.

You can build a clientele there with walk ins
fun experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 16, 2020
Iloved working here. this job was one of my favorites. i learned a lot about hair that i didnt know. it also almost convinced me to get a degree in cosmotology.
Socking position
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 16, 2020
I think the pay is not worth all the work done $9.00 per hrs is just not enough I enjoyed the job & people I've worked with it was overall an excellent experience.
busy/ fast paced, great people
Operations (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 16, 2020
it is fun to work there fast paced, competitive pay, they don't have you working a set schedule, breaks are not set, six hours and less you only get one fifteen break 7 1/2 hrs one half hour and one fifteen, longer then you get two fifteen and half hour
They dont care about their human assets
Salon Receptionist (Former Employee) –  InStyle SalonJanuary 16, 2020
I've never worked in a place that fires you for being diagnosed with Cancer until I worked at JCP. No compassion just hurry up and work. I was appalled and put in my 2 weeks notice but they took me off the schedule 2 days later.
Jcpennys
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 16, 2020
i loved the job , it was a great experience for a first job ! i learned a lot , i would definitely go back ! everyone was super nice and cool !! i loved meeting new people .
it was a ver fun and great place to work
Sales-Cashiering (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 15, 2020
I love working at JC Penny, even though the pay suck and the management do people wrong. They will lay u of without telling you. One min you have hrs then the next min you are on the schedule but with no hrs and no one talks to you about this.
n-a
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJanuary 15, 2020
Coworkers were helpful. Tasks are given all at once. Prepare to be on your feet at all times. Most of the time you will be stuck at the register. meet new peop
Enjoyable
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTJanuary 15, 2020
I loved my coworkers and our manager was a genuinely nice person. We all looked out for each other and helped each other. The relationships I made will be hard to replace.
Customer Service
MERCHANDISE EXECUTION ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 15, 2020
Customer Service and employees do so well in interacting and positivity with customers. Work hard to make the customers feel special and grant the things they’re approved.

56.8K