JCPenney Employee Reviews

Showing all 20,459 reviews
fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VA 23834July 18, 2019
it is a great in between job or part time employment. Great benefit would be discount to all employees. great place to meet friends and to shop; reasonable pricing
Jcpenny children’s sept cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAJuly 18, 2019
Very relaxed check dressing rooms we would get long lines but we wouldn’t feel that rushed. We were encouraged to get credit apps we were paid extra 5 bucks each so we got submitted as a motivator which was cool.
Is fine
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 18, 2019
If you are interested in working at a department store than JCPenney is a fine start.

Few days/or weeks you will slowly start to rethink why did I say ‘yes’.
Pros
Cons
Not productive
J.C. Penney
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 18, 2019
Greet customers upon arrival
• Assist customers with any questions they may have concerning a purchase
• Assist customers with refunds, returns, and resolve common complaints
• Maintain a clean and neat stock area
Productive and an all around good place to work.
Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCJuly 18, 2019
The company is a good place to work when you need something in the mean time, until you do what you actually want to do. The work load is not hard and it makes time pass faster.
Productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Campbellsville, KYJuly 18, 2019
Productive work place. The day started early and there were several different shifts. I had to supervise many employees. Opened and closed the store. There was quite a bit of responsibility with this job
JCPenney credit card
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 18, 2019
This job was very easy job, but the only thing was getting the customer to apply for the jcpenney credit card. The managers always make sure that we get at least 2 credit cards a day.
This company's employees need to know better dress code. The co workers need to come on time. Not enough cashiers. All fitting rooms should be open
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 18, 2019
Not enough teamwork. Lack of staff. Lack of communication. Not enough hours. Working late. Not enough security guards. All Fitting rooms should be in use not just only one being open. All recovery should learn how to do cashier incase of short of staff.
Pros
There's no pros
Cons
Lack of communication
Slightly above average retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 18, 2019
JC Penney's can be considered to be one of the "better" retail jobs that one can be employed by. The experience that you have at any JC Penney's is almost completely dependent on management. When management communicates with each other and can create plans for associates to follow, then things are wonderful. But when management does not communicate with each other, it can be very chaotic for other associates.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 17, 2019
I enjoyed working at JcPenney. This location was very organized and the managers were very professional. It was a great work environment and I loved working at the cash registers.
Productive, never bored.
Fine Jewlery Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 17, 2019
Working in fine jewelry was fun, of course you would have a few bad customers here and there but nothing too bad. Training was very vague and done too quickly.
I enjoyed working with the people that I did.
Asset Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJuly 17, 2019
No adequate training. no help in apprehension. Did not give me the adequate tools needed to do a efficient job did not fix equipment in a timely manner. The managers were good assistanted as much as possible. Employees were good to work with.
Love this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 17, 2019
All-around good company. Nice people, good investment to be in. Growth opportunities, great pay, good learning experience. Had a wonderful time working for thw company.
Good
Fitting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 17, 2019
A typical day at work was pretty normal not too busy and not to slow. Everyday I learned a new skill that can help improve my customer service. Management was always helpful and willing to listen to any questions I had. Workplace was great Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job probably dealing with Angry customers about prices and expired sales. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping a customer out and hearing about their experience
Good for Temporary, Unsure for Career
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 17, 2019
JCPenney is a quick and easy job, management respect their employees and ensure that the employees are motivated. Most needed during the holidays, and may need to consider seniority
Good first job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJuly 17, 2019
It was a great first job. Started as seasonal and was asked to stay as part-time. Friendly work environment, diverse employees and management. Slow-paced work days during off seasons.
Na
Associate (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CAJuly 17, 2019
It has an amazing work environment and culture. A typical day at work includes a lot interactions with customers and your team. It is not difficult work if you have a positive attitude.
Great place, fast paced.
Customer Care Representative 1 (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 17, 2019
Managers are awesome! Best supervisors I have ever had since working at my previous jobs. The managers actually care about the issues that are presented to them. Chances to advance and supervisors push you to grow and don't want you to remain comfortable! Gives you chance to learn more beyond previous positions held.
Pros
Pto, 401k, Assoc discounts, life, dental, vision, health, paid holidays, overtime pay, quarterly advance pay.
Cons
No cons so far!
Productive and fun place to work
Specialty Associate (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJuly 16, 2019
It's a great place to work. I enjoy helping customers and answering questions and helping them find exactly what they are looking for. Great Management team
Good Entry Level Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2019
A typical day at work (depending on the position and your experience with customers) can be frustrating as there is almost always a lack of communication with protocol. Customers have little respect for keeping the order of clothing and there aren't many hours offered unless they like your work ethic or you get promoted.

56.4K