JCPenney Employee Reviews

Worth Your While
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Part Time Employee) (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MD 21703December 15, 2017
JCPenny is a good place to start working if you want to get into business because you will meet a lot of people from different backgrounds and work in different departments and learn many tricks of the business. I have also learned patience, and got the courage to stand for what I believe in because it is very easy to get swayed in commercialism and vanity due to exposure to pretty things.
Atmosphere at the workplace is pleasant and management is encouraging and friendly, and easy to speak to, if one has any issue about anything. The hardest part of the job is not being able to do everything that you are suppose to do within the limited time that you were there specially during peak season, and the most enjoyable part is the time spent talking to people and getting to know their preferences and what makes them smile. The most lovable part is when someone tells me that I made him/her feel good and he/she leaves feeling satisfied and cared for,promising to come back because he/she was served above and beyond he/her expectations.
Pros
discounts, camaraderie
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houma, LA 70364December 15, 2017
JC Penny is a fun and productive place to work. They are fast paced and fun. The managers are great to work for and caring. The company had great benefits.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
no cons
Great entry level job
Sr. UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIDecember 15, 2017
Performed a variety of tasks that allowed me to gain employment into the enterprise IT field. Great place to work for people just starting out with their IT careers.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not compensated well enough
Its was OK
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WADecember 15, 2017
I really kept to myself when i was on the working line. And when it was break all of us would go outside and bs so all in all it was chill.
And for it being my first job i was pretty content and happy i just wanna be independent and to be able to provide for my son again.
Pros
being able to be yourself
Cons
idk
Generally a good place to work for parttime
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDDecember 15, 2017
Management was initially very communicative but then became harder to reach. Long hours standing up with very little time for breaks did become difficult. I often had to have family drop off food that I could quickly eat within a 15 min window. That was not enough time to actually go purchase and eat food well.
JCPenney Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 15, 2017
very interactive, productive. Able to cross train. I enjoy my job, but it is very stressful during the holidays. Customers can be a bit rude. Lack of management.
Pros
discounts. paid time off
Cons
low pay
Fast paced, fun environment
SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXDecember 14, 2017
I spent my days here helping customers, running cash registers, cleaning the store, and regular sales associate stuff. I got to see and talk to a lot of different people everyday and was never bored. It was a lot of fun. The hardest part was probably cleaning the store when we closed because it was Christmas and the store always got so messy.
First department job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJDecember 14, 2017
This was my first retail job it was a little tuff to keep up but I got the hang off it. The store was well staffed and put together but unfortunately I had to relocate and could no longer get to work every day
Cs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Castleton, INDecember 14, 2017
Terrible place to work at , labor you to clean everything when you are understaffed always in every department. I would never work retail again after working here
Cashier and Utility Team Member
Cashier/Utility (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PADecember 14, 2017
Typical day was either working as cashier or working with Utility Team (they are separate positions, and not guaranteed). With the Utility team I would build displays, design graphical areas, organize stock and display merchandise etc.
Pros
No direct supervision, creative vision encouraged, independence
Cons
low pay

Want to know more about JCPenney?

Ask a question
30 percent Work was fun at times 70 percent time for hard work
Loss Prevention Trainer (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PADecember 14, 2017
Safety Meeting
E-mail
Monitor CCTV
Investigate all shortages and overage
Court Appearance
Making all associate ORC awareness
Seeing the result of communication
Pros
Working a Loss Prevention your never on break
Cons
Ron Johnson
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 14, 2017
it was a fun work place to be at; loved the discounts and coworkers.it was a relaxed environment. it was photography job something i wasn't into at first but learned to love it.
Pros
discounts
Cons
sometimes i had to work extra hours
productive and fun
JCPenney Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYDecember 14, 2017
My position required finding shoe sizes and organizing shoes. There was also the cashier. Some days it is very busy and some days aren't. There is always something to do no matter what your position is. Just make sure everything looks good.
Pros
discount
Cons
long lines at the register (during peak hours)
slow paced
Part-time Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2017
Unless you are in a management position then this is just a high school job. I did not learn much. Management was not seen but heard and felt. Hardest part of the job was recovering a busy area. The most enjoyable part was the discount.
Great place to work. Outstanding managers
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 14, 2017
I had worked at JCPenneys two summers ago, as seasonal. I had to leave because of school related things. I reapplied and I am currently waiting to possibly be accepted. The managers are great and they are very flexible with hours. I had worked in the children’s department, and it was fun getting to see different people everyday and get the job done.
Pros
Discounts, Friendly employees, positive attitudes, teamwork
Cons
N/a
Jcpenny
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Charleston ,westvirginiaDecember 14, 2017
I didnt exactly work fir jc penny i work for a company thru jcpenny which i didnt like at all the ours was messed uo and there was mo communication at all
Product place to work with at night
Order Picker/Forklift Operator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GADecember 14, 2017
I worked the night shift, I had the best manager and leads, the associates were tolerable. Drama was kept to a minimum. I loved the job and I loved my shift and work days and hours.
Pros
Great holiday incentives, job events, offsite job events, raises, competition pay
Cons
Good breaks
Fast paced environment to reach the needs of the consumer.
MARKETING MANANGER (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 14, 2017
Great place to work in a retail environment. I learned to work with others and provide supreme customer service. The management team was always mentoring new employees to provide customer service too all who entered the store.
productive
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 13, 2017
They don't give us enough hours, we literally get like 20hours a week if that and there is always new management. we don't get any benefits either. However they do work around your schedule which is a plus but id love to have more hours
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALDecember 13, 2017
I loved the job. it really was right up my alley. I loved working with the co-workers and the public. I pride myself on making customers happy.I really enjoyed being inside the mall because the store was always busy and you never haD A DULL MOMENT. i ENJOYED ALL THE MANAGERS AND THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY DISCOUNTS MTHEY OFFERED DURING CHRISTMAS
Pros
Environment
Cons
No paid holidays