In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

One of the best companies I've had the pleasure to work for.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2017
In n out is a great company to work for. They are very flexible on working with your schedule. It is a very high speed work environment. It comes with its challenges just as any other job.
It’s a good job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAOctober 15, 2017
Nice job fun workers. Very flexible hours good pay. Not a bad career. But they just don’t move you up to full time worker quickly. I would recommend this job to a friend
Fast paced but fun working environment
Store Associate/Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 3, 2017
When working at in n out there are levels. Each level consists of a new job. You reach each level when a manager feels like you're advanced in the new job you have learned from your level. I really liked working at in n out because they treat you really well with all sorts of benefits. All the employees are very friendly and cooperative with one another. I also enjoyed all the skills I've learned. In n Out definitely taught me to be more of a people person.
Pros
almost everything
Cons
Never knew when you were gonna get off work
Fast paced environmeny
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 30, 2017
I learned how to be a leader and help others in the in n out community. Some days are long, but with being busy times can go by fast. I learned patience.
fast paced
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 29, 2017
the job required a lot of work for a fast food place. great employees with great attitudes. focused and very customer friendly. great with raises and training
One of the best places i have ever worked
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 27, 2017
I'm a student, so don't take it to heart. The corporate culture is very compassionate, and they provide you extensive training. Managment is great, no complaints. To succeed here, you need to work as a team.
Pros
Free burger for every shift
Fun place to work at with really fun, nice people.
Level 4 Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2017
Working at in n out has been a very fun experience for me, I love working with all of my friends there. We keep stressful situations very calm and as stress free as possible. The managers are great and treat everyone fairly. Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Challenging, Dynamic, Upbeat Worklpace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 9, 2017
In n Out is a great place to work if you're willing to work hard everyday. If you're not punctual, dedicated, and hard working, don't apply to work here, you won't last. If you do have those qualities, it is a very rewarding job with great, clear opportunities for raises and or managerial advancement.
Pros
Free food
Cons
A lot of work, short breaks
Fast paced but still enjoyable
Sales Associate/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2017
Because it was so popular of a chain, there were few instances that I can count as "slow days". The co-workers are the best part of the job though. I know they helped keep me sane throughout everything. You get thrown into the deep end pretty quick, but it's not a bad way to learn. I surprised myself with how quick I picked everything up. All in all it's a great opportunity to grow and learn.
Pros
One free meal everyday
Cons
Short breaks and always hectic.
Best First Job
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAAugust 8, 2017
I really enjoy working at In-N-Out! You meet such great people and create real relationships with customers. It is fast paced but time flies when you're having fun.
Fun work place
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 8, 2017
usually we are always a busy store due to the fact that we are located in the heart of Hollywood. I have learned to not stress out when it busy, to just focus on making the customer happy.
Pros
The people there are so friendly
Cons
short breaks
exception and great quality service all around
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2017
in n out burger is an outstanding foundation. they take care of their employees and include many benefits. they care about the quality of their food and service. they are enjoyable people always cheerful, really enjoyable and environment to learn about a business and great experience with customer service.
Great Company
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  CAJune 2, 2017
Pay rates stay competitive and plenty of room for advancement. Transfer to other locations possible. High set of standards for all associates to meet. Constant feedback.
Best Job Ever!
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2017
Working at In N Out has been an incredible experience, I have met the best people and gotten the chance to work in one of the fastest paced work places there is out there. You will never have a minute to rest (except on your breaks) and it is thrilling and rewarding!
Fast-paced workplace with fun people
Store Associate (Level 3) (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAMay 22, 2017
Expect taking a lot of orders, smiling, having excellent communication with your staff and doing everything fast. Everyone (even managers) starts at Level 1 and moves up, therefore don't expect to cook on the first day - not scary.
Pros
Free burger
Cons
Short breaks
Fast-pace
Level 6 Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 17, 2017
Very fast-paced. Great first job, but definitely don't recommend working there long term. Management is not great and you do work hard, but it looks great on resumes and is great customer service experience.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks, bad management
Fast paced company with plenty of room to grow.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 15, 2017
Great opportunity for growth. In 3 years of working there, my outside endeavors became a reality. They work really well with your school schedule and communication is the same across all levels, including management. The management tries their best to accommodate to your needs including time off. Nothing to take advantage of but it is there in the case of sickness or vacation time. The relationship between your co-workers is as good as you want it to be. Communicate well and talk to your managers. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with people that make the job fun. There is always something to do.
Advancement is competitive and encouraged. The hardest part of the job is learning new positions and dealing with difficult customers but at the end of the day, the customer is the number one priority.
Pros
Free meal every day you work, free company events, rewards for store accomplishments
Cons
Few full time positions
Fast paced & Up beat environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZApril 17, 2017
My overall experience at In-n-Out was good; for my first job I learned a lot of valuable customer service skills. I am now able to work efficiently in any fast-paced environment.
Crazy busy
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAApril 16, 2017
If you like a fast paced work environment, look no further. This place is open until two in the morning and always has a line. The burgers are great and so are the fries.
Great place to work!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 15, 2017
Management was great and opportunities for growth are endless. Only problem was the work and life balance or lack there of because working hours take their toll.
Pros
Opportunity for growth, Compensation, Job Security
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5