In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews for Entry Level Associate

A typical day at IN-N-Out
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CASeptember 24, 2018
You clock in, and beginning working. The job doesn't stop until the restaurant closes. Be prepared to work in a exciting fast paced workspace. Also remember to keep a smile on.
Great opportunity
Level 7 Associate (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CASeptember 24, 2018
In-N-Out provides excellent opportunities for its employees. The provide many raises and promote within. It is a fantastic career choice and I highly recommend this company to anyone.
good
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 22, 2018
great place to start off your working career. for me it just wasn't a place I wanted to be at for the rest of my life. they had great skills to learn there. overall, I am happy I was able to get the experience I needed from this company to further my path along in the working world.
Non stop fast paced enviroment.
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CASeptember 17, 2018
A non stop fast paced environment which involved a lot of manual labor and full attention in order to provide a great customer experience and product.
Productive and fun place to work
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 14, 2018
I love working at in-n-out. The company really does an amazing job with taking care of there employees. There is a lot of chance to move forward in the company. A typical day at work is fun and productive. We are like a family and try and work together to make sure we provide the best customer service. We are careful when it comes to food safety and maintaining high standards for customers and ourselves. Working there is filled with opportunities and a chance to recognized.
Pros
Free meals with every shift
Soul crushing
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CASeptember 11, 2018
After working for 2 and a half years at my store, managment changed 3 times. Each time managment changed workers would leave. The saying is no one quits a good job. They quit bad managment, and that's exactly what in n outs problem lies. As well as if you ask for help your are viewed as a liability who cant properly do a job.
Pros
Free food, good pay, hours
Cons
Short breaks, bad managment
fast paced environment
Level 7 Associate (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 28, 2018
very fast paced, competitive, fun, great benefits, great compensations for reaching goals. move up at your own paced.
flexible for part time workers who are going to school.
Very team oriented business would recommend to everybody
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAAugust 16, 2018
The job provides many advancement opportunities as well as paid sick time and vacation time with company sponsored events and quarterly meetings with breakfast
Pros
Free lunches, vacation pay
Cons
Medical benefits only for full time associates
Great overall!
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 15, 2018
Love working here, great people and management. Good opportunities for advancement and promotion in the company. Love the fast paced environment and the opportunity to serve the customer.
Great first job
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 6, 2018
if your looking for a job in the fast food industry then this is the place for you or if you're in school and need to make some extra cash on the side they compensate their associates very well. the work environment always has high energy and the days go by fast.
Fun place to work at
Level 5 associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 2, 2018
This place is an amazing place to work at! Friendly associates, flexible hours to work around for those who have a busy lifestyle and great benefits! Everyone works as a team and no one gets left out.
Pros
Free meals, great benefits and flexible hours
Cons
short breaks and fast pace environment
Best job I've ever had
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJuly 28, 2018
In n out is an amazing place to work. They value hard work, only promote from within and its easy to advance if you are willing to put int the time and effort. It does get harder to advance as you get into the higher levels, but that is because the skills you need to master are that much more difficult and time consuming.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Very difficult to get into management
Room for advancement through hard work
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 22, 2018
A typical day at In N Out is insanely busy. One must be ready to handle anything and everything that occurs on a day to day shift. Pack your patience.
Fun place to work, great incentives
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 17, 2018
You receive a lot of gifts. Pay is good. Employees and management are a hit or miss. Overall a great company to work for. If you do a drive in only, be prepared to work your butt off. If you work at a dine in it’s the easiest job ever
Good work environment and opportunity to advance in the company
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2018
In-N-Out Burger is an amazing place to work. They offer great pay and raises everytime you advance your skills in the company. Provide flexible scheduling for those in school or with another job, and allow you to perfect your customer service skills.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Pay
Cons
Short breaks, not guranteed hours, not allowed set schedules
great
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 3, 2018
working at in n out was a great experince, very fast paced which makes the day go by so fast, get to interact with new customers everyday and the regulars that come everyday
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing
In N Out Summary
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 1, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at In N Out it was a great learning experience. I loved the way that the team quickly becomes like a family. The work is very fast pace and you always have to be on your toes.
Great workplace to make friends, have fun, and learn strong leadership skills on the way.
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 30, 2018
Very fast paced so if you like to slack off, this is not the place for you. The managers expect a great attitude everyday so have a smile on your face
Great working environment
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJune 22, 2018
This was my first job i actually took seriously . I was able to move up as quickly as I wanted to and was given excellent training. Working at In N Out part time or pursuing a career with the company has many benefits.
In-N-Out
In-n-Out burger Level 5 associate (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 20, 2018
In-n-Out is like any other customer service job. It isn't exactly easy, but it can be fun. Time goes by really fast at the busier stores. Thats the biggest plus.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
typical customer service stuff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5