In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews for Entry Level Associate

At times can be stressful but overall fun environment.
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CADecember 6, 2017
Management is fun and relatable. Can get stressful at times whether its management or traffic coming into the store. Some duties can effect your body, like back, neck or arm pain.
Pros
One free meal per shift, nice pay
Cons
Short breaks, can get stressful, very fast paced
Good Company, Some stores have bad management
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CANovember 15, 2017
I personally enjoyed working for this company until management started targetting me because I stood my ground and fought for my associates as well. The store manager loved to belittle her associates and was extremely uncomfortable to talk too. Everyone had to take it because your job is on the line if not. Speaking to HR and District manager did not help the situation. Some In n Outs have it good and some don't. My In-n-Out definitely did not.
Pros
Free Lunch, Friendly Associates
Cons
Short Breaks, Bad Management, Drama, Professionalism
Fun place to work
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CANovember 15, 2017
It was fun to work there with a lot of people in my age range. Very fast pace and kept me busy. The managers are very personable and made working there more comfortable
Fun Place to work
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAOctober 30, 2017
This place is fun and cares about its employees. They do have some issues with advancement for some positions. Other then that they care about the employees and have a great team environment.
Very Fast Paced
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAOctober 27, 2017
Very high demanding, when you clock in you are always moving. I learned how to always be on my feet. Management is not the greatest, definitely needs to become more of a Leader type roll and not a Boss type. The culture can be very negative at times since we are always doing something. The hardest part of the job would be the negativity towards the workers when things became difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the friends you make and the customers you help.
Cons
Manager
Great place to work with flexible hours
Mid-level Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 19, 2017
This is the perfect place for college students to work. Very fun fast-paced environment that is supportive of your long-term goals in life. This environment makes the work days go by quickly.
Fun job
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAOctober 18, 2017
in n out was my first job it was a fast paced job always provided 100% customer service. you can move up fast in the company it was so fun working there
Pros
free activities
Cons
no insurance for part time
very fast pace and productive work place
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 8, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of serving over 200 customers per shift, the job was with out a doubt busy and hectic at times. I have learned many skills from In N Out such as, multitasking, building customer service skills, communication skills, etc.
Pros
1 free burger when you work.
Cons
work place can be hectic and overwhelming.
In-N-Out
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 4, 2017
I have worked for this company for five years. I absolutely love it. I wish I didn't have to say goodbye, because it is such a spectacular place to work for. There are physical strains that come with the job that some, including myself, can no longer keep up with. The associates are considered family in every sense of the word, and I would highly recommend anyone to work there. Provided they have a good work ethic and can always have a smile on their face.
Fast paced, possitive environment!
Level 7 associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CASeptember 15, 2017
Best type of employee to thrive in growth with this company is one that is single and have open availability with the motivation to exceed. Best candidates for higher are those with positive attitudes that thrive in a fast pace environment and show initiative.
Pros
ability to move up the lower levels
Cons
harder to get into management.

Want to know more about In-N-Out Burger?

Ask a question
Great Place to Grow
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 14, 2017
If you want a place that will push you to be better, In N Out is the place to work. They make sure to allow you to advance and the pay is great. The only issue is once you hit a certain level you feel stuck and sometimes management isn't as thorough with what they would like to see you improve on.
Pros
Fun, past-pace, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Requires In N Out to be a top priority even though one might have school and other involvement.
My experience
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 14, 2017
I was adept at taking customers’ orders, because I was always an amiable people-person, paid close attention to the customer's behaviors, and clarified possible misunderstandings. Due to my skills the team worked effectively, time and food resources weren't wasted, and the customer received the experience they came for. I excelled at prioritizing tasks and maintaining a level of excellence in my work, even when short staffed.
good work environment
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXSeptember 7, 2017
working there was a good amount of fun although it usually was high-paced and busy. lots of opportunities to get promotions and my general manager was always helpful with anything I needed.
only thing I hated was how we only had 10 minutes to eat on our lunch break, so we basically had to shove food down our throats and get back to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Quick-Pace Environment
Level 7 Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CA 91502September 5, 2017
Managed breaks and overrides.
Maintained highest food standards both in our division and our competitors outs side of In-N-Out
Very clean and friendly environment with staff always training other new team members.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced and fun environment to work in
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 1, 2017
It is always a busy yet fun day working at In N Out. Working in a team allows for opportunities to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Really good job if you need flexible hours.
Good company, usually good coworkers, moderately competitive
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 31, 2017
If you want to better your work ethic, this is the place for you. It help me have a better sense of good workmanship, being on time, being prepared, and maintaining composure in multiple situations. The drive and mission statement of the company are it's shining colors. Most non-management coworkers are good people no matter at which store you work. The biggest issue with their company is their management. Throughout the year you'll have three or four different managers typically, and they're either great or completely awful. Store managers also have a little too much freedom with how they want to run things. Other than store management and assistant management, upper division, such as Regional/District or higher, are usually a lot better at running everything and maintaining poise on an extremely consistent basis. Other than the relatively small impact of management on your day, it's an excellent company to work for with excellent people; you definitely get out what you put in.
Pros
good pay, good benefits, many associate fundraisers and events to attend, giveaways, straightforward advancement checkists, many Distributors nearby so equipment it can usually be fixed within the day or within the week
Cons
scheduling on days off, Work Week turnovers are toigh, you may work more than 7 days in a row if pushing to get more hours, won't commit you to a full-time position unless you're on your way to management
Fun place to work with potential for career advancement
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAAugust 29, 2017
The environment was almost always fast paced, and highly stressful. There was a constant drive to fulfill increasing customer orders. Advancement was not entirely easy as well, as there was fierce competition. Strong commitment to the company was required to advance quickly, but had a high payout if you were willing.
Pros
High growth potential, good for building customer service skills and work ethic
Cons
extremely fast paced
In-N-Out Burger
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 25, 2017
In-N-Out Burger will provide you with a foundation that prepares you for a future in any industry. The skills you learn at In-N-Out Burger will help you be successful in your future.
quick pace
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAAugust 25, 2017
very quick pace. works well with your school schedule if you are a student. you get a raise for every level you go up. they do not start you at minimum wage.
fun place to work during your twenties
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 21, 2017
in n out burger is a great employment opportunity. The management is almost always accommodating to your work/school/life schedule. opportunities to advance come along when the managers find the timing to be right for each associate. growth is not guaranteed at this employers location, it is earned. must be able to work in a high pace high stress customer consumer environment where they are your top priority.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks and high stress at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5