In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews for Entry Level Associate

Good work environment and opportunity to advance in the company
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2018
In-N-Out Burger is an amazing place to work. They offer great pay and raises everytime you advance your skills in the company. Provide flexible scheduling for those in school or with another job, and allow you to perfect your customer service skills.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Pay
Cons
Short breaks, not guranteed hours, not allowed set schedules
great
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 3, 2018
working at in n out was a great experince, very fast paced which makes the day go by so fast, get to interact with new customers everyday and the regulars that come everyday
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing
In N Out Summary
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 1, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at In N Out it was a great learning experience. I loved the way that the team quickly becomes like a family. The work is very fast pace and you always have to be on your toes.
Great workplace to make friends, have fun, and learn strong leadership skills on the way.
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 30, 2018
Very fast paced so if you like to slack off, this is not the place for you. The managers expect a great attitude everyday so have a smile on your face
Great working environment
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJune 22, 2018
This was my first job i actually took seriously . I was able to move up as quickly as I wanted to and was given excellent training. Working at In N Out part time or pursuing a career with the company has many benefits.
In-N-Out
In-n-Out burger Level 5 associate (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 20, 2018
In-n-Out is like any other customer service job. It isn't exactly easy, but it can be fun. Time goes by really fast at the busier stores. Thats the biggest plus.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
typical customer service stuff
It’s like a good cult
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 3, 2018
No two days are the same. It was a love hate relation for a wonderful company who cares about their associates. Lots of happy people. Hard work but totally worth it.
Pros
Free food, gifts and lots of raises, paid training
Cons
The customer is always right, short breaks, can be very hectic
Fun place to work. Good family atmosphere
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAMay 27, 2018
The managers always look for the best for their associates. The company really takes care of their associates all together. Always plenty of hours to work.
Pros
Everyone gets along
Cons
Hours suck sometimes when you have to close than open
Productive and Fun
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAMay 17, 2018
In-N-Out is an amazing place to work. The managers care about each individual and your co-workers become your second family! The culture is goal oriented, so no matter what you are at Level you are you will always be learning something new! In-N-Out also provides opportunities to serve and give back to the community, most managers are flexible with your schedule and care about your future. You will learn valuable skills that you can take with you and apply them through life! You will love it!
Pros
Burger provided for your lunch :)
Cons
Very fast paced, come in with a great attitude and an open mindset
fast paced
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2018
Fast paced environment, if you cant smile or get along with people this is not the place for you. The customer is always right, and just give them what they want.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
work can be strenuous
Energetic environment with a structured work day.
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 9, 2018
A typical day at in and out would be starting on time, talking over for whoever is about to end their shift and maintaining that position for 2 hours until your break. After your break there is usually time for training on the next level you are trying to obtain. Normally level 3 and higher are on the more difficult positions. The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is communicating about what is coming off, what needs to be made or re packaged or re cooked, and making sure the customer leaves happy. The most enjoyable thing about working there is learning good work habits and customer service skills that I use in my every day life.
Pros
free food
Cons
young group of people
hard work but worth it
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMay 9, 2018
I love my job except when we're understaffed. We get paid well and treated well. I don't really have complaints. It helps being good at my job too! Also I love who I work with and the customers.
Pros
free meals, friendly environment, nice pay
Cons
busy, stressful at times
Fast pace, friendly environment and good pay
Level 4 associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAMay 1, 2018
Working at INO taught me great customer service and how to work at a really quick pace and under pressure. Management was good sometimes hectic my store experience a lot of frustrating shifts because the managers were always under pressure and didn't always know where to place the workers on busy days. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers and handling a lot of pressure all at once. The best part of the job is getting to eat a free meal during your breaks and having all the co-workers enjoy each others presence and all the prizes the company offers for each store.
Pros
Free lunches and free INO events
Cons
May be stressful and frustrating for some
Smile Factory
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAApril 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working for In N Out, is getting to put a smile on people's face all day long. The company has a huge reputation that brings a steady flow of guests all day long.

We have the wonderful opportunity to brighten their day by not only providing them with delicious, high quality food, but goin the extra mile to make them feel like they are a part of our company family. They seek to go above and beyond every opportunity they get!
This job can become stressful
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAApril 26, 2018
Very fast pace, its hot, stressful. Has moments of being fun but you have to hustle to have fun. Cleanliness to the extreme, men must be groomed a certain way and girls need to put their hair in a tiny hat, not impossible but annoying. Also gets very hot a sweaty.
fun place
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 24, 2018
great high school job or great job if you have a flexible schedule, they will work with you along with provide good benefits for you. there is big room to grow and gain customer experience.
Fun, Fast Paced place to work!
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 27, 2018
I loved working with the company, it has so many pro’s and definitely tops a corporate or chain working place. I loved the way you could move up with the company. After a while, that type of job was just not for me, otherwise I’d still be working here for sure!
fate paced fun placed to work
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 27, 2018
overall I will harp the parses of In-N-Out Burger tell the end of days, the product quality and passion for quality service is unmatched...in the end my demise was the lack of promotion with politics and favoritism standing in the way
Outstanding Place to Work
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 18, 2018
This is the most fast-paced and, upbeat company that I've worked for. There is a lot of orders that come through on a daily and you have to be on your toes to really keep up with it. This job has taught me to be consistent, move with urgency and be an all-around team player. I've noticed that being a team player effects the workplace culture in a big way. My helping hand whether they needed it or not gives that push for them to be at their best by showing them that i got their back. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is when business slows down, once things slow down everything becomes a little harder to maintain because you dont have that extra pump in your step to get it down. I've definitely managed though! As an associate, the most enjoyable experience i've had with IN N OUT is having a customer come in with a bad day and walk away with a smile because of the service that they received.
Pros
Free Burger, Decent Wage, Flexibility, Work-Life Balance, Management
Cons
No Full-time Available
Amazing and fun place to work if you are motivated
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 14, 2018
I had a blast working there! Your odds of getting a job based solely upon your application are slim to none. You have to know someone to get hired, let alone just an interview. It was a great environment for a college student. If you're looking to make a career, you should have started in your late teens and/or early 20s as advancement can take some time. Keep in mind you'll be working with punk kids for the rest of your working life.
Pros
Free #1 with every shift.
Cons
They only allow a select few at each store to work full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5