In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Most exciting place to start out!
Friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 8, 2018
This was my first job. I had the best interview process. The managers I came across were always so pleasant. The associates are all similar in age and can usually relate to your daily life. It is a close knit family setting.
Pros
Free lunch, company events, family setting
Cons
Short breaks
A typical day at work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAAugust 27, 2018
Working at IN-N-OUT allowed me to multitask in a crowded environment. Before my shifts, I was always physically and mentally ready for a busy day. Although busy days can get you quite exhausted, it keeps you occupied and concentrated. I enjoyed every moment of working at IN-N-OUT.
Pros
Always occupied
Fun face paced job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZAugust 21, 2018
Great job! Fast paced fun job. The people are great customers are great employees are great. I can't complain I just had to relocate because of my situation but it was a great job while I was there.
Pros
Fun fast paced.
Cons
None.
Level 5 Associate- Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 8, 2018
They only promote internally and you'll get 2 or 3 promotions a year as a store associate. Each promotion has it's own pay raise ranging from 25 cents to 75 cents. They pay far above the minimum wage and keep up with the current annual increase in minimum wage. Great benefits and job perks. They take pride in caring for their employees. Very fast pace job but overall a great opportunity.
Overall Experience of In-N-Out
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CaliforniaJuly 7, 2018
It's a great place to work, the people are nice and it's a fun atmosphere to be in. In-N-Out does a lot to make the employees feel at home, the only issue I've encountered is the amount of hours I am allowed. As well as, the amount of time it takes to even be considered for full time.
Pros
Free lunches, awesome events
Cons
Short breaks
good environment to learn new skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 2, 2018
In n out was a much better place to go and learn than in a mall store. It teaches you teamwork skills and it is the perfect situation to help you make decisions under pressure.
Pros
free burger after every shift
Cons
not a lot of hours
hard work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
It is hard working at In-n-Out but gives you great experience.My boss said I was really good at customer service and did not need to be in fast food. I loved working with customers.
Always a positive atmosphere and everyone working together to reach the same goal.
Customer service oriented (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CAMay 15, 2018
Long lines of customers with the associates greeting and helping them. Management is always helping the associates. Everyone is always busy doing something but everyone helps each other when in need.
Pros
free burger and fries the day you work, great relationships with associates and customers
Productive & competitive environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAApril 2, 2018
Everything is amazing except for at my store our manager would hire excessively & wouldn’t train us well enough to know everything. So we were new & we weren’t fully trained when there was already someone else she had to go & train.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fast-Paced environment with flexible hours
Cook/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 5, 2018
In-N-Out is a great company to work for, especially for those who are in school. It is a very fast-paced, but fun environment. The pay is very competitive compared to other entry level jobs, and there is so much room for advancement within the company. Managers for the most part are very accommodating to their associates needs for hour flexibility.
Pros
High pay, flexible hours, fun environment
Cons
shorter breaks and open late
Ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAFebruary 5, 2018
My experience with In N Out was ok short but good. Reason I had to go was family problems. But the work environment was great and joyful. The workers were very nice.
Great place
customer service (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CADecember 8, 2017
If you are good with fast paced this is the place for you. Each shift you get a free burger. If you meet the company goals you get to go to something. I have gone to Great America, Waterworld, baseball games, and a dinner on a cruise.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kettleman City, CANovember 15, 2017
Great work environment. Very family oriented company that encourages you to promote and learn. Super clean store and the food quality is like no other.
One of my favorite jobs as a young person
Top of the line customer service (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 19, 2017
I worked at In-N-Out for a year back just when I was out of high school. It was such a fun job! I loved the people I worked with, I was always smiling, the days went by super fast, and I was guaranteed to have lunch at every shift. The leadership and management was amazing and always set their staff up for success! If you stay on your game you have a lot of room to move up and can even have management or ownership opportunities. Awesome job!
Pros
Free Lunch when you work
Cons
No Discounts
Stressfull yet motivating
Coordinator/Kitchen & Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CA 92832September 20, 2017
This job is not for an average person looking for a daytime job. This job creates competition but also motivation to go further and to work hard. It creates a good atmosphere between the associates allowing a family to be created as well as further job opportunities.
Pros
free food every shift, good pay, pushed you.
Cons
hard physical work, long days, inconsistant hours
Productive and fun workplace to work.
Customer Service Rep/Cashier (Current Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 27, 2017
Great work environment to work you are always busy doing something and your shift goes by fast. Need to work on giving new employees more working hours.
Pros
Free meals everyday you work, great work environment.
Cons
Not enough working hours for new employees.
Pays well. Flexible hours.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 3, 2017
In-N-Out Burger is a wonderful company to work. Great pay. Great benefits. Flexible schedules. Offers a lot. Would recommend to everyone. All associates and managers are welcoming and loving. In-N-Out takes good care of your needs.
Fast paced and friendly environment
Portrayed excellent customer service (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 21, 2017
I am currently a level seven at In N Out which is one step under management. I am able to run the shifts with a manager present and handle money and associates. I am detail oriented and work well under high pressure situations while multitasking.
Pros
Learned how to be a manager
Cons
Income
Fast paced work environment based entirely on customer service and the quality of our products.
Provide customer service (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 17, 2017
Working at In N Out Burger has been an overall great experience. I have been able to move up fast in the short year that I've been working there. In N Out teachers you to be passionate about the quality of their products. Great customer service is key anywhere and is something that In N Out lives by.
Pros
flexible hours, great associates
Cons
management
Its a great work environment to work in.
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 2, 2017
A typical day at work is sort of different every day depending on what position you're working. In N Out does everything in our capability to satisfy the customers needs. I love that we keep the culture consistent and do things that other companies wouldn't because we just want to the customer to be content. We have been keeping the same great habits since 1948. Its a great work place, there are many people of different age ranges. Not only does the company care about their employees but as well as the managers. They will try their best to also keep their associates happy as long with their customer. What I dislike about the company is the hours. They are open till 2:30 am, I personally don't think people should be working till that time. Most enjoyable part of my job is the friends that you meet and they become more than just your coworkers.
Pros
Paid vacation and sick days, major holidays off, provided health insurance, 401k, company picnics.
Cons
short breaks, working late nights.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5