In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews for Cashier

pays well
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2018
always be on time because even if you’re 3 mins late, you’ll get in trouble. there is always going to be rude costumers, especially here since it’s a very famous burger place but no matter what people say, just hit them back with kindness because then they’re not going to know with what to say and feel bad later on and it prevents any bigger problems. ((:
Pros
good payment
Cons
busy
A great place to work, the company cares about their employees.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 23, 2018
Overall it is a good place to work and the pay is really good to start off. Each level when you get promoted you get payed a dollar more. Always fast paced but you get used to it and you always have something to do. Most of the managers are nice.
Pros
Free meals every day you work, 401k, Dental, benefits, good starting pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
some managers have their favorites, fast paced
Fast paced fast food stressful demands
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2018
Working in n out is overrated it is very hectic and always packed. What I found to be the most discriminate is they do not allow tattoos or piercings. IT'S JUST A FAST FOOD PLACE not a 5 star restaurant and they expect to treat it like one. Everybody's different but for me it was not fun whatsoever I like to express myself with body art, piercings and jewelry and they take that as being a lower quality person? Nah
Pros
Animal fries
Cons
Policy, pay
Great place to work excellet job integrity and culture
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 3, 2018
Does not take shortcuts, trains workers to be leaders, maintains quality in food as well as service. Family oriented work environment. Takes care of employees.
Pros
moving up is easy and encouraged
Cons
ending times for shifts varies between 4 to 6
It’s a happy, fun, fast paced, working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 18, 2018
After clocking in
•stretches
•wash your hands
• get your drawer (count it)
• greet customers
•take orders
•call back your meat
• hand out orders
•make sure your surroundings were stocked on down time
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fun Place to work
Cashier, Order Associate, Board Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 2, 2018
If you enjoy fast paced jobs, this is perfect for. as you all know, in n out is always busy but, makes the time go by very fast. I can't say anything bad about this company
Pros
free lunches
Cons
they close late
Face paced place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 26, 2018
A typical day at In N Out for me is greeting every customer with a smile, friendly conversation, and offering assistance to enhance customer experience and buying opportunities.
Pros
Free lunches, Pay rate
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAApril 4, 2018
working at In - n - out Burgers was a fast and stressful place to work, due to it being full and busy all the time. The breaks were enjoyable , because they provide you with a free daily delicious burger.
Collaborative, great team work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marina Del ReyMarch 11, 2018
It can be a lot of duties to handle if you love fast paced environments. But overall I loved the people. There were so many friendly people, tourists also. I felt I was of great use to our guests.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
High volume of people to deal with.
Fun place to work and would relaxing.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMarch 3, 2018
Learning different things to do. From proper hand washing to taking orders on the headset. All the managers and customers are very nice. Clean environment. Hardest part is working safely through the rush. I learned to be safe and how to deal with customers and keep a smiling face. The best part of my job was having fun times with my associates and making everyone happy.
Pros
flexible with work schedule
Cons
10 min breaks not enough time to eat a burger.

Want to know more about In-N-Out Burger?

Ask a question
professional work environment
Order Taker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Everyday at in n out is a new opportunity for growth in the business and to learn more about becoming a more productive employee. I have learned to multitask a lot quicker than I use to before I begun working for the company.The management is exceptional the ones with such positions are more than well prepared and qualified for the responsibilities it takes to be a manager. The hardest part for me is multi tasking although it has become easier it is still challenging for me. I enjoy how professional the work environment is and that there is room for growth in the company.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
the amount of hours are few in my case
Fast Paced environment. Always something to do.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Great for people looking to work hard and have fun. Greet the guests, take/call/hand out orders, inspect the dining room area, wash dishes, prep food, check the restrooms every 15 minutes, window cleaning.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Scheduling issues
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2018
In N Out is a very enjoyable, great company, flexible schedule, good benefits and pay, and management is very kind. Very considerate of its associates and their lives outside of work.
Pros
free lunches
Super Fast Paced and Great Management
cashier and multi-role employee (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 7, 2018
honestly one of the best places to work, they taught me so much on how to manage my time and helped me grow in areas such as customer service, management, and always being productive. Probably the biggest thing is you have to hurry, your constantly moving and getting things as it is a fast pace environment
Pros
free meal, great pay, good hours, great co-workers
Fast working environment. Never get a break. But always remember to smile
Cashier, Pay Window, etc., (Former Employee) –  Union City, CA 94587February 6, 2018
Love working here. Try to keep my attitude positive since it is one of the most busiest fast food business. Managing could be a bit better. Level of respect from coworkers could get better.
Pros
Free meals when you work.
Cons
Short breaks. You don’t get your first break until the 5th hour sometimes later.
Great co workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Lorenzo, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Everyone that worked at in n out store 222 has the best and nicest workers out there in the world. Not only do they work as a good team but they treat everyone like family.
This was my favorite first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  2770 W Peoria Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85029January 10, 2018
This job taught me how to move at a fast pace and still keep my composure. I learned how to work in a small kitchen with a bunch of people that are constantly moving. They get super busy so i had to deal with customers in a timely matter and be fast and ready fir anything. They treat their employees so well.
Pros
Lots of benefits, great pay, they do a bunch of employee appreciation stuff for you and your family
Cons
Long hours, super fast pace
Quick Paced
cashier services (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 7, 2018
In N Out is an amazing company to work for. They have many great benefits and a variety of opportunities. I loved In N Out as my first job, it has taught me a lot.
Great job
Cashiers (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 3, 2018
This job throws different task at you to see how you work and how well you can be at working these positions great place for hands on work and great work inviorment
Pros
Flexible hours
fun and exiting
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lebec, CADecember 21, 2017
in n out has the best associates , always fun caring people , no matter where your from everyone is inviting ! good environment to work in!!i recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no piercings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5