In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews for Associate

great for the time being
Associate (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTFebruary 20, 2018
This was a very great place to work for my fist job. The pay was really good and it was really fun to work there. It was, however, very stressful and I couldn't get the hours I wanted
Pros
good pay
Cons
not enough hours
fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAFebruary 19, 2018
start working cleaning every thing in the store from top to bottom to outside very clean envirment. i learned that in n out is a very friendly place they make every one happy
Pros
only 1 ten
Cons
only part time job
Fast
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CA 93243February 13, 2018
In-N-Out is a great company to work for. Pays well and you gain insane multitasking skills, it's not your average job. Clean cut as possible, ONLY smiles. Yes, the managers make good money but they really deteriorate. Grey hair and wrinkles reaching late 20's. It's not easy.
Pros
Free burger, free fries, free drink, summer picnics
Cons
10 minute breaks to eat and go to the bathroom, high stress
Great Culture and Fast Paced Work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAFebruary 8, 2018
This place was always fast paced and the lines never stopped coming. However, they system that they have to make their food was very efficient so getting orders out wasn't hard unless there were errors along the way. Management didn't push us that hard to reach promotions yet they were always ready if we had any questions regarding our promotions. If they were informed about us wanting to promote they would help us. The company culture is amazing. They really believe in giving back to the community. In-N-Out is donating funds left and right in order to make the world a better place such as their Slave to None foundation and their can drives and toy drives. The most difficult part of the job is keeping up with the demand for food. There will be days where you are overwhelmed with big orders and multiple small orders of people eating now. Yet, the most enjoyable part would be the flexible hours and the co workers that you work with.
Pros
Free food when you work, discounts for merchandise, nice 401k plan.
Cons
Short breaks, long meal rushes, on your feet all day.
Fast paced
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 7, 2018
The time that I put in was governed by a very face paced culture the days went by quickly but they have a poor on the job training experience that leads to issues when you are new
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Testy employees
productive and fast paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Its a very fast paced environment and need the collaboration of coworkers in order to be able to succeed. It requires a lot of attention to detail and cleanliness.
Great work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Topanga, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Working at INO was challenging in the best ways possible. This restaurant was constantly busy and forced its associates to work together in order to provide quick and quality service to each of its guests.This company has so many things to offer. If you're in school they're willing to make a flexible schedule offering you the hours you need. When on the job whether you're inside our outside there is constant moving on your feet.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks but reasonable
fun place to work that works with flexible scheduling
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 29, 2018
I've worked at in n out about 4 years and it has helped me grow as a person a lot. The typical work day is very busy, but once you know what you are doing it is not stressful. It has taught me a lot about face paced working, and delivering great customer service.
Good high school job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Definitely would recommend to gain job experience. However, not something that someone is able to do for long due to poor management, crazy hours, inconsistency, and high levels of stress.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Poor Management
Cook
Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJanuary 24, 2018
I had to produce a high quality product at a consistent basis with heavy policies at hand. Super quick paced environment to work in. The culture of In N Out is flat out amazing.
Productive work place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoy working at In N Out, The people are so friendly which is a quality that I hold not only at work, but also outside of my work plan. They work well with my school schedule and give me the time I need for family matters.
Pros
Friendships, the quality, the atmosphere
Cons
short breaks, never really know what time you will get off
Productive and fast paced workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJanuary 22, 2018
It was a great place to work if you enjoy customer interactions. Very fast paced, which can get stressful at times. Quick pay advancements and a fun environment. Clean work areas and a positive vibe are sure to inhabit every In N Out location.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hours, fast food, and busy
Cashier
Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJanuary 20, 2018
Work is fast paced but rewarding. Pay is great and was a wonderful job to have. Co workers are excited to be there and make you like the job all the more.
Pros
free burgers
Cons
rushes
fun work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAJanuary 18, 2018
fast place to work, always busy helping customers, making sure everything is cleaned, customers are happy and satisfied, the hardest part was closing at night when you want to stay open 24/7
Pros
free food
Great first job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 18, 2018
In-n-out is a great first job. They have great structure to their business. The rules are strict but are just enough to serve as a foundation for a careeer.
Level Up Required
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJanuary 10, 2018
In-N-Out works on a level system, like a video game. EVERYONE starts out as level 1 and works their way to management. They only hire within the company, which I appreciate. It's very fast pace work with a lot of multitasking involved. It's very fun, though. A lot of young adults (they hire 16 year olds and up), so expect some drama. For a burger joint, they pay very well with benefits. And with each level up you go, they give you a raise. I got three raises in one year, which is typical. Also, you get a free food for every shift worked, to be used that day. In-N-Out gives to the community and the employees. There is always parties or treats or sports to play. It's great.
Pros
Fun, good pay, and tasty food.
Cons
Fast and sometimes stressful
Great Place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2018
Fast pace, company outings, advancement opportunities, happy company culture, good benefits. The wage is fair, and is dependent on advancement. Everyone wants and needs to advance to have a job at In N Out.
Pros
benefits, fair wage, advancement opportunities, company culture
Cons
strict on everything- easy to get written up
Fast paced and fun working environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Working at In-N-Out was very fun. The company took good care of their employees. A typical day would be coming to work, getting dressed and being told what our job is for the day, is almost never the same job everyday which makes the job fun and exciting. I learned to manage my time well, multitask, and to work independently with a team. The management is well trained and each one of the managers started off at In-N-Out and made their way up in the company. The workplace is very fun and friendly, there was never a dull day at work neither was there drama from coworkers. The hardest part of the job was just the beginning when I was still trying to learn the job, which is normal but after getting used to the job, it became very easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the company showed their employees that they care. Such as in the holidays, they give their employees gifts every year and also every year, they host few different events throughout the year where the employees can come out, bring their families and have a good time.
Pros
Free food and gifts
Cons
In-n-out is a great part time job but if you’re looking for a full time job this might not be the best place for you.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 30, 2017
Over all in-n-out is an awesome place to work for. The environment is awesome and so are the people. The only thing was the 30 hour per week policy which sadly isn’t working out for me.
Pros
Hourly pay is good.
Cons
Hours are not that great per week
very fast paced job
In-N-Out Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 28, 2017
I liked the environment at In-N-Out, it was very family oriented. The job is very competitive and fast working. Once you get the hang of the job you're assigned to do, it is not as difficult.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
fast-paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5