In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews for Associate

kiss up
Associate (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 17, 2018
its all about kissing up to those around. I agree to always be nice and respectful to everyone especially those you work with however if you are not fake you will never make it in the company.
Fast paced and stressful but fun environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAMay 17, 2018
Every shift always had me on my toes. I never really had time to relax, but my co-workers and I always found a way to lighten the mood and make things fun. I enjoyed working there, even though I was stressed beyond belief trying to work and go to school at the same time. I learned how to give great customer service from my amazing managers and helpful co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when there's a small amount of staff on hand so we have to step up and multitask, especially when it gets busy (and it's almost always busy). But the most enjoyable part is knowing that I can count on my co-workers to lighten the mood and make the environment fun and bearable.
Pros
free burger every shift
Cons
never really have time to relax
Great First Job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Placerville, CAMay 16, 2018
They really drill the essentials of customer service into the people they hire, which helps mold each person into the perfect associate, allowing them to use their skills in better career fields.
Pros
Free Burgers, part-time benefits, 401k plan
Cons
Stressful, busy, fast paced
Huge growth potential and fast paced work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 16, 2018
I would recommend working here to everyone because of it being an interesting work place with high growth potential for pay and responsibilities. I don't have any complaints about working here.
Productive and fun working enviroment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 14, 2018
Everyone knows eachother, great fast paced place. Be ready to join a team of hard working people who looked forward to making you thrive in a workplace where you can easily move up.
Good
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 14, 2018
It was fun and rewarding to work at In-N-Out. It was nice to get to know my fellow associates and get to know the ways of the company. However, I had a manager that was not my favorite, so that was the main reason that I left.
Favorite job to date
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAMay 4, 2018
I have no complaints about this job at all. Great people, great pay, great job culture. So many benefits are given to employees and are treated with great respect. Opportunity to move up in the company is available for everyone!
Pros
Free lunches, great pay, great benefits, flexibility to move up
Cons
Very stressful at times
Fast paced work inviroment with judgmental co-workers and theifs
Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 29, 2018
I didnt mind the fast paced inviroment. It was more so the fact that the co-workers constantly had mouthed one another and was always judgmental of people (even customers). I dont really think I would have left tho had my phone and money not been stolen from my locker by another co-worker.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not to many hours due to over flow of staff
fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAApril 28, 2018
Management is amazing and our work environment is very fast paced and we are always working to make our customers happy. I learned how to work with others and be professional.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Greatest Company to work for
Associate (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 24, 2018
In-N-Out has the best training and development for employees and has a great career path for anyone who wants to work up in to store management. The company really cares about the employees, and they treat you as such.
Pros
Free lunch

Want to know more about In-N-Out Burger?

Ask a question
productive and vary social work environment
In N Out Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89119April 22, 2018
I loved working for In N Out. working for the company i learned a-lot and got to meet a-lot of great people. on any typical day in n out is fast passed and excellence, and teamwork are critical, management does a great job making sure shifts run smoothly and associates preform quality task to ensure the store continues to run efficiently.
Pros
flexibility when in school
Cons
Short break its 10 mins and you only get 1 in 6 hrs
Fun work place, good people, stressful, very quick-paced, easy raises.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2018
In-N-Out is an awesome place to work, very quick paced, but you get used to it pretty fast. If you work hard and ask for more training you will get more hours and fast raises. They will give you a good raise if you hustle and ask to be trained. The only sad thing is you can't have showing tattoos, they won't let you work there with tattoos
Very friendly and engaging staff
In-N-Out Burger Associate (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXApril 7, 2018
I worked at In-N-Out (INO) at 3 different stores for a total of 13 years. I was part time a majority of that time due to other full time jobs and priorities. INO was an amazing place to learn good work habits and lifetime ethics. The quality of the company derives from its Christian roots and compassionate founders. This truly is a fantastic first job kind of place with wonderful opportunity for lifetime career. Friendliness and attention to quality and customer need is key!
Pros
Friendly and lively atmosphere, engaged training, management very personable
Cons
Work on sundays, full time position availability, sporadic rude customers
In-N-Out helped me grow
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 1, 2018
this was a true gateway into helping me utilize my social skills as well as perfect them. Such a true learning environment with a very comfortable atmosphere. I looked forward to coming to work each day.
Pros
great food awesome people
Cons
none at all
Fun work environment
In N Out Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 23, 2018
I have enjoyed working as an In N Out associate for 4 years and have had 6 raises since my time there. It is a good job that provides wonderful benefits and opportunities. Although, it can become stressful at times it has provided me with a great work ethic as well as time management skills.
fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMarch 20, 2018
Good benefits and people are all extremely friendly, It was like a large family and everyone always had each others back. Very fast paced and not a good job if you are lazy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
constantly busy
High pace and teamwork
Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMarch 12, 2018
Because of the high pace and teamwork necessary to keep In n Out functioning everyone become really close in this environment. Although there is competition between coworkers to move up in positioning we all know we need each other in the end.
Learned a lot about time management and the importance of staying on top of whats going on. Staying aware of your surroundings in very important.
Its a great job, a lot of opportunity to move up and get paid well for it.
Pros
Close relationships, hard working staff, teamwork, shifts fly by
Cons
drink more coffee than I probably should have
Definitely the best job out of all fast food
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMarch 6, 2018
This job is fast paced and can be difficult but can be very fun and the rewards keep coming. Just for not getting hurt as a company you will receive gifts (innout cups, t shirts, back pack, speaker etc). Promotions are always happening. Its a very positive place to work and the way to get hired is to smile til your cheeks hurt. :)
Pros
free lunch, excess of available hours, easy to get pay raises and start at a higher pay to begin with
Highly intensive environment, zero rewarded
Associate (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 28, 2018
With a company that serves the highest quality for a decent price, the employees are treated poorly, overworked, and under prepared to deal with the situations given. Customers treat people as servants and abuse the system to get extra out of it. This ranges from returning fries that are almost all gone and expecting new ones, returning half or more eaten burgers and expecting more, or eating then demanding a refund. For a company that holds itself to the letter they hold more of the earnings to themselves while their employees suffer. Overall great job starting out for a 16 out of high school and through college, not a career.
Pros
Free lunch, great for minors
Cons
Hard work, management slacks off and relies heavily on others to make up their work
Quick Pace and enthusiastic environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAFebruary 24, 2018
I have been working for a month already and everyone greets each other with a positive attitude. I learn to adapt to the quick pace environment and to communicate with customers to provide the best customer service. The hardest part of the job is learning to multitask and to get customers orders correctly at the same time. In addition, if you make a mistake other associates are are willing to help you. People in the management level are organized and willing to work with your schedule. In addition, they have high standards for the workplace, however, they cooperate with associates to meet that standard with a positive and welcoming attitude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5