In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews for Associate

Found 321 reviews matching the search See all 1,359 reviews
Everyone works together as a team. Very easy to get needed time off with a two week notice. Great pay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 3, 2018
I loved working here, they pay well and treat you as family. You are a team member there, and can get time off very easily as long as you give a notice. Everyone is very friendly and happy to be at work
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Short breaks
I don't know
Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2018
I used to love working for this job, but at one point everything changed. If you are okay to work for a company that you could never do anything right, then this is the job for you.
Fun place to work but stressful
Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 30, 2018
Work was extremely fast paced and stressful during all days of the week. However, the people are great and the management is fantastic. There are never really too many problems with scheduling.
Pros
Free burgers
Fast pace work space with great people
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2018
It’s a great place to work. Lots of standing and can get stressful at times. The people and that you can get more than minimum wage makes it a great place to work.
Pros
Free food when you work
Cons
Standing for 6+ hours
Challenging but fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAOctober 27, 2018
This is by far the most challenging company I have worked for. Its demanding work environment can be tiring, but it is definitely worth it. If you like the challenge, then this is a good place to work. There's always room for improvements and promotions as long as you put in the effort. Also, this is the only company I have worked for that only promotes within. All top managers have started from the bottom.

The culture of In-N-Out is also very different. It is a positive place where many of your coworkers become your family. There are many chances to introduce yourself to your district manager. Its all a friendly place because everyone is on a first name basis.
Pros
Free lunches, promotions, salary, hours, positive environment
Cons
Fast paced, demanding customers, always on your feet
Fast and Responsive
In-N-Out Associate (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAOctober 26, 2018
You really got to be on your feet during crunch time, but also have the same prefect quality output that you would during the down time hours, overall its a great place to learn how to be fast, fluent and flexible.
Funish
Associate (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 21, 2018
Dont work here if you are slow. If you are a slow learner dont come. These reviews seem pointless. Help end this. i am going to keep typing till time runs out
Competitive, fast pace, fun and easy workplace
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  2585 N tustin st orange ca 92865October 19, 2018
A typical day at work for me is just receiving orders from costumers in the dine-in area or the drive-thru lane, inside the store or in the drive thru line outside. When it's not busy in the dine-in area or cashier line, I help the drive-thru corner preparing the animal/cheese fry, drinks, organize the drive-thru orders before we hand it out or hand-out the orders to the costumers. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with the costumers. I just enjoy and love hearing and sharing with them. Every management is nice and very open to us. We enjoy working with them sometimes you don't even feel like they're our managers. Everyone us nice and very helpful!
Pros
Free lunch, enjoyable workplace, they appreciate us in meetings every month.
Cons
Short breaks, less work hours
It was a chill job
In-N-Out Associate (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAOctober 18, 2018
The job was good and the benefits where amazing. The pay rate is honestly the best and hours are flexable I would definitely recommend anyone to work there
I love in n out they are awsome and they treat u great
Associate (Current Employee) –  Studio City, CAOctober 18, 2018
At in n out your always doing something you work hard for your money. The environment is healthy and friendly. The pay is amazing and fair. They work with u step by step in order for u to understand the task given. Best part is that they work with your schedule.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
10 minute breaks
Team oriented atmosphere, quick paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAOctober 15, 2018
Whenever I head to work all I do is cook and slave myself away at the overtime everyday because there is not enough people and everyone there has to make up for the lack of staff. I've been there for 3 years and have had more negative experiences then positive. The managers are more concerned about selling more burgers than their associates health and personal lives, they will keep you longer just for the numbers. My Store manager (main manager for the store) once stayed open after our outrageous 1 am close time just to get "burgers up". The only reason that he did that is because every burger up we get from the previous year he get a .25 cent bonus PER burger.
Pros
benefits, free meals
Cons
6 hour shift gets one 10 min break, Overtime.
Great Environment to Work
In N Out Associate (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 26, 2018
In-N-Out has great and supportive management and associates. All though the store would become hectic with customers, the people I worked with would always make it fun to be working there despite the chaos that was going on. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the orders since there are a lot of people that come in there is almost no down time.
Pros
free lunches, lots of benefits, lots of support, fun environment, great management
Cons
fast paced
It’s okay just stressful
Associate (Current Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 26, 2018
It’s a good place to work but then they start getting mad cause you no longer want to level up. You get free burgers you can design them anyway you like so it’s uo to your taste.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great Fast Pace Work Inviorment.
Part Time Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 24, 2018
Everyday was different. Worked Different positions, but mostly on the Fry Machine. I was the only one that could handle that station by myself. Management are very understanding. Free lunch is a plus and flexible hours.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Atmostphere, and Great Pay
Cons
Hours, some lower level management, some managers were afraid to reprimand
Loved it
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZ 86401September 23, 2018
This job was hands dpwn the best job ive ever had. Had to leave due to relocation on the East Coast, or else I wouldve stayed longer. They were very good about promoting within and provided the right training in order to do so.
Great First Job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 19, 2018
Excellent job for those in high school and college who want a flexible work schedule and great pay. Also, if you choose to stay with the company, they have a great management program.
Fast paced but fun
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lomita, CASeptember 19, 2018
You get to know your coworkers and make friends. A day at work is very fast paced because everyone loves in and out but throughout the day we all try and have fun to keep our job enjoyable.
Pros
Free burger!! Who can resist and obviously good benefits
Cons
Sometimes you dont get enough hours
Great Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2018
This job is really good. starting pay was 11 when i started and within a year i was making 14 dollars an hour. All depends on how hard you want to work, hours are bad and it is difficult to get full time. most shifts are 6 hours with 1 ten minute break. Lots of highschool kids as coworkers...
Fast paced, highly coordinated job.
Experienced Associate (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CASeptember 17, 2018
A typical day at work includes switching between multiple different positions in the restaurant during a shift. Any where from cashier to preparing produce.
Fast paced, competitive, not explained enough
Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 13, 2018
Working here was ok, the benefits and pay were probably the best thing about the job. Management was alright it was difficult to find time to talk one on one because they were always “to busy”. I felt as if things were never explained properly or weren’t explained enough. I probably wouldn’t work there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5