In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews for Associate

Great job, can be a decent career, management makes or breaks your experience.
Associate 6 (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAAugust 16, 2018
In-N-Out is one the best places to work, but not without sacrifice. If you want to work at a team oriented place that is extremely upbeat and fun with decent pay, then In-N-Out is the way to go.
Pros
Fun environment, Free Burgers at work, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Poor management at times
Great culture, bad environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 13, 2018
You will be stressed if you work here. It is an unspoken truth that you deal with more stress and drama because of the high pay. I would recommend working here to someone who is looking for an intense atmosphere.
Pros
Free food, great pay
Cons
A mess
stressful
Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAAugust 3, 2018
Very stressful environment. a lot of communication and team work. Management is constantly changing. Hours are never set. Difficult to obtain full time.
Amazing workplace and fast pace work.
In-N-Out Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 2, 2018
Amazing environment with amazing co workers, great place to work for, amazing pay, fast pace work place, and great benefits. Awesome job to have if you need a good paying job clean too
Productive and fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAAugust 2, 2018
In-n-out is one of the most fast-paced environments I have every had to work in. The company is known for their great quality and super fast delivery and that is because of how well taken care of the employees are that they actually WANT to do their jobs. Aside from working hard, the company also plays hard. They constantly have tournaments as well as family events to give the associates something to look forward to. Although the day to day work is extremely difficult, after clocking out you are happy about the job you have just done. And to top it all off, as part of one of the company goals, the company has different charities that all stores participate to help raise money for.
Great place of work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 1, 2018
Everyone at In-N-Out Burger in Livermore is very kind and hard working. It can sometimes be difficult to find a staff where everyone is committed and hard working, but that definitely is not the case at this location.
Pros
Free lunches
A lot to handle
Part Time Associate (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 31, 2018
Everyday at In-N-Out is an experience. Working in the food industry in general is difficult, but In-N-Out tries its hardest to promote a fun environment.
Pros
High pay, free lunch
Cons
Strenuous on the feet
A Very Fun Place/Company To Work With.
In N Out Burger Associate (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 28, 2018
In N Out Burger Is A Great Company To Work For, Everyone Gets Treated With Respect and Its a Very Friendly And A Family Company We All Stick Together No Matter What The Situation Is, No One Is Left Behind Or Gets Left Behind The Mangers Are Very Respectful And Work Great With Your Schedule Even If You Are Still Attending High School/College. You Learn A Lot Being With This Company Your Customer Service May Be Down At The Beginning But Once You Get A Hang Of It, Its Like You Cant Give It Up And One Of The Hardest Parts About Working With In N Out Is That You Must Work At A Very Fast Pace But You'll End Up Getting The Hang Of It, Almost Everyday At Work An Associate Starts Off A Song Or Dance While The Others Join Or Switch It Up To The Next Song But In N Out Burger Is A Huge Blessing And AMAZING Company To Work For..... I Think Of In N Out Like The Movie "Lilo And Stich"..( "'Ohana" means "family." "Family" means "no one gets left behind.")
Pros
Free Food, Family(store) Events.
Cons
Short Breaks.
Great first job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJuly 28, 2018
It's one of the best places you can work for as your first job. They teach great customer service, hygiene, environmental cleanliness, and teamwork. The staff is very friendly and the company pays it's employees very well.
Pros
Friendly, clean, upbeat.
Cons
Advancement wasn't as available as it was said.
Crazy job with good pay
Associate (Current Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAJuly 22, 2018
Since day one, you hit the ground running. The job is incredibly fun and very quick, which helps your shift go by quickly. The only thing I can recommend if you want this job is, don't be lazy. Do everything in your power to stand out from your peers and your managers will take notice.
Pros
Pay, coworkers, fun environment
Cons
Always busy

Want to know more about In-N-Out Burger?

Ask a question
The company has a very friendly and welcoming environment. Everyone is always ready to teach and guide, there is absolutely no drama or collisions.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 15, 2018
Healthy environment filled with kind hearted people who are genuine. Management is understanding and flexible with any situation what so ever. I would recommend this line of work to every friend.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Good place to work for your first job. Might be a little intimidating and stressful at first but pay is Good
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2018
If you’re in college or high school this is a good place to work especially for the Pay because it’s the best you will probably be able to get as a student. No piercings had to take my nose one out but it’s worth it for the pay. My shifts were usually 5-6 hours sometimes 8. They always keep you longer than they scheduled you which sucks because they don’t even ask if it’s ok. You will rarely ever get out on time. I’m under 18 and had to stay till 1 am one time! Is that even legal???? Also only one ten minute break if your shift is less than 8 hours which sucks. But you do get a free meal every 4 hours you work. Most employess are friendly but others aren’t. They can be very rude. I started in April and 3 months later and I’m already a level 3! They do promote very quickly as long as you’re a hard worker!!! Don’t be lazy just do your job. That’s something I like a lot. Being new to the job is very stressful because you don’t really get too much 1 on 1 training you just watch about 7 hours of video and they expect you to remember everything and just do it. They also don’t explain everything in the videos and you’ll get in trouble if you do something wrong even if no one told you what’s right and wrong. Also not enough lockers it’s firdt come first serve and I still don’t have one.... other than that it’s ok only thing keeping me is pay to be honest and some nice people
Pros
Great pay, benefits, short hours sometimes, promote fast
Cons
Short breaks, keep you longer and don’t ask, no discounts when not working
Fast food isn't enjoyable.
Associate (Former Employee) –  1970 Crater Lake Hwy, Medford, OR 97504July 12, 2018
Working here was mind numbing. Very simple repetitive work. Customers talked to you as if you were not a person. Management cared more about the customers than the employees. Not enjoyable experience, but pay was good enough to keep you there until you finally can't take the lack of brain function occupation.
Pros
You get a free meal while working.
Cons
No downtime, rude customers, cleaning bathrooms, under appreciated.
very stressful but super fun!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 7, 2018
best managers I’ve had so far and such friendly coworkers, I love working there. It’s very high paced and stressful at times, but they are good at picking people who can handle it
Pros
a free meal per shift, quick to advance
Fast paced and exciting workplace, with a family feel.
Cleanup Associate (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJuly 5, 2018
Being a cleanup associate for In N Out Burger is a fast-paced and often times stressful position. However, these stresses don't come without reward! In N Out takes great care of associates from the bottom to the top, more than competitive wages, the culture of the company induces positivity throughout the workplace and its employees. This company maintains an extremely close family feel that can't often be replicated.
Pros
Free meal each shift, paid holidays
Cons
no health option for part-timers.
Fun Fast paced environment to work in
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538July 3, 2018
I liked this job it was my first occupation and I think working here set a very high standard for my other jobs , after leaving this position for a better paying one i realized that the pa raise wasn't worth the environment I was leaving
Loved working for the company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 3, 2018
I truly loved being a part of the In-N-Out family. Sadly had to relocate but, I would recommend the job to anyone. It was very fast paced in which I thrived, and it brought such joy to me being able to provide great customer service to my customers.
Pros
free lunches
Fun and fast paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Middle UTJuly 1, 2018
In N Out has been an amazing place to work. The In N Out culture is a thing that every employee embraces which is centered around community involvement to enhance the local community. One of the main ways that In N Out ensures that is by keeping a friendly place for anyone to be at. It is fast and physically demanding. Everyone is constantly moving and trying to maintain quality, friendliness and cleanliness.
Pros
Food, friendly co-workers, 401K, and health benefits
Cons
Physically demanding
Associate (Current Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 27, 2018
Was a great place to work people are nice and pays very well for fast food. Always got free lunches and worked well around personal life. Management was good and very understanding.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lots of younger people working there
Fast paced and and fulfilling
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 26, 2018
It's true that this company pays more than the minimum wage, by about two dollars. They make it up however by ensuring that you are working every minute and are staying busy. It's crazy busy in the summer time around lunch and dinner time. I work at the one where there is a water park down the street so we get pretty slammed first thing in the morning. It definitely makes you feel proud to work here, at least that's how I feel. I take great pride in my work and I hope that management shows appreciation for the hard work I put in. Sometimes however it is over looked and I question whether it's worth the effort some days to work as hard as I do. I put a great deal of care in my work because I understand that this is a great company to work for. I did custodian work here for about eight months before I felt like I was a little under appreciated. I moved back to being a regular associate to have more opportunities to get raises.
Pros
Free burgers! benefits for part timers
Cons
only one ten minute break in a five six hour work day, overworked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5