In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

A great place to work, the company cares about their employees.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 23, 2018
Overall it is a good place to work and the pay is really good to start off. Each level when you get promoted you get payed a dollar more. Always fast paced but you get used to it and you always have something to do. Most of the managers are nice.
Pros
Free meals every day you work, 401k, Dental, benefits, good starting pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
some managers have their favorites, fast paced
Room for advancement through hard work
Level 5 Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 22, 2018
A typical day at In N Out is insanely busy. One must be ready to handle anything and everything that occurs on a day to day shift. Pack your patience.
Crazy job with good pay
Associate (Current Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAJuly 22, 2018
Since day one, you hit the ground running. The job is incredibly fun and very quick, which helps your shift go by quickly. The only thing I can recommend if you want this job is, don't be lazy. Do everything in your power to stand out from your peers and your managers will take notice.
Pros
Pay, coworkers, fun environment
Cons
Always busy
I love my job---everything about it made me who I am today!
Restaurant Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 20, 2018
I started off as an associate and made my way into management!
While in management I joined the training department and was able to train in-store trainers and create leaders.
Pros
Great growth if you do your part
Cons
Hours can get tricky at times but if you can manage it you can be successful!
Fun work place with good people
Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 19, 2018
Loved working there wish I could honestly go back but unfortunately with timing we had to part ways , The management is wonderful and it’s reallh just a great place.
productive and fun place to work
Team Crew (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJuly 19, 2018
I was able to gain further experience in customer service as well as health and safety demands for the food environment. The job gave me flexibilty in working within all areas of the resturant from cashiering to food handling.
A decent work place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 19, 2018
It’s a great first job, and if you just simply love Innout you’ll get a free burger every shift, unlimited frys when on the clock, great fun work environment.
Pros
Lovely burgers
Cons
Bad management
Friendly and Productive place
Janitor and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2018
Hospitality was highly encouraged by the manager, and was made easier to adapt due to how helpful some of the more senior employees were willing to help you out.
Fast passed job with great pay
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2018
This job provides great pay along with many opportunities to learn more skills and get raises. The dress code is stricked and the rules are also very stricked.
Pros
Free food on days you work
Fun place to work, great incentives
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 17, 2018
You receive a lot of gifts. Pay is good. Employees and management are a hit or miss. Overall a great company to work for. If you do a drive in only, be prepared to work your butt off. If you work at a dine in it’s the easiest job ever
Positive team environemnt
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJuly 16, 2018
Great company that maintains high company standards. A fast-paced and positive work environment where all team members are important assets to the company and operation.
The company has a very friendly and welcoming environment. Everyone is always ready to teach and guide, there is absolutely no drama or collisions.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 15, 2018
Healthy environment filled with kind hearted people who are genuine. Management is understanding and flexible with any situation what so ever. I would recommend this line of work to every friend.
Pros
Free meals
In N Out
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 13, 2018
This was my first job, a typical day here was a non stop fast paced work , maintaining each station clean interacting with 1000+ customers a day.The most enjoyable part was getting along with coworkers as we do treat each other as a family
Good place to work for your first job. Might be a little intimidating and stressful at first but pay is Good
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2018
If you’re in college or high school this is a good place to work especially for the Pay because it’s the best you will probably be able to get as a student. No piercings had to take my nose one out but it’s worth it for the pay. My shifts were usually 5-6 hours sometimes 8. They always keep you longer than they scheduled you which sucks because they don’t even ask if it’s ok. You will rarely ever get out on time. I’m under 18 and had to stay till 1 am one time! Is that even legal???? Also only one ten minute break if your shift is less than 8 hours which sucks. But you do get a free meal every 4 hours you work. Most employess are friendly but others aren’t. They can be very rude. I started in April and 3 months later and I’m already a level 3! They do promote very quickly as long as you’re a hard worker!!! Don’t be lazy just do your job. That’s something I like a lot. Being new to the job is very stressful because you don’t really get too much 1 on 1 training you just watch about 7 hours of video and they expect you to remember everything and just do it. They also don’t explain everything in the videos and you’ll get in trouble if you do something wrong even if no one told you what’s right and wrong. Also not enough lockers it’s firdt come first serve and I still don’t have one.... other than that it’s ok only thing keeping me is pay to be honest and some nice people
Pros
Great pay, benefits, short hours sometimes, promote fast
Cons
Short breaks, keep you longer and don’t ask, no discounts when not working
Fast food isn't enjoyable.
Associate (Former Employee) –  1970 Crater Lake Hwy, Medford, OR 97504July 12, 2018
Working here was mind numbing. Very simple repetitive work. Customers talked to you as if you were not a person. Management cared more about the customers than the employees. Not enjoyable experience, but pay was good enough to keep you there until you finally can't take the lack of brain function occupation.
Pros
You get a free meal while working.
Cons
No downtime, rude customers, cleaning bathrooms, under appreciated.
Amazing fast paced collaborative work environment
Highland- Host (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 11, 2018
A typical day of work at In n out will always be recognized as enjoyable for me. The culture is so very hardworking and everyone that is hired, their work ethic is always at 110%.
Pros
Very friendly amazing environment.
Cons
short work shifts
Good work environment and opportunity to advance in the company
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2018
In-N-Out Burger is an amazing place to work. They offer great pay and raises everytime you advance your skills in the company. Provide flexible scheduling for those in school or with another job, and allow you to perfect your customer service skills.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Pay
Cons
Short breaks, not guranteed hours, not allowed set schedules
very fast and very stressful
In-N-Out -Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJuly 9, 2018
its not a amazing job but you get paid very well and you can advance pretty fast if you really want too. management can be very tough they can be strict and mean and even make you cry. if your going to work there you kinda have to give up a self bit of your individuality only natural colored here no wild makeup and its very involved in your life you have meetings to go to about once a month shifts can seem a bit long you'll never have nothing to do at the job there will always been more than one thing that needs to be done.
Pros
free food when you work, good advancements and you get company presents sometimes
Cons
management is tough and its very stressful and fast paced
Level 5 Associate- Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 8, 2018
They only promote internally and you'll get 2 or 3 promotions a year as a store associate. Each promotion has it's own pay raise ranging from 25 cents to 75 cents. They pay far above the minimum wage and keep up with the current annual increase in minimum wage. Great benefits and job perks. They take pride in caring for their employees. Very fast pace job but overall a great opportunity.
very stressful but super fun!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 7, 2018
best managers I’ve had so far and such friendly coworkers, I love working there. It’s very high paced and stressful at times, but they are good at picking people who can handle it
Pros
a free meal per shift, quick to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5