In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

In-N-Out helped me grow
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 1, 2018
this was a true gateway into helping me utilize my social skills as well as perfect them. Such a true learning environment with a very comfortable atmosphere. I looked forward to coming to work each day.
Pros
great food awesome people
Cons
none at all
Exceptional
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 1, 2018
Best place to work.the company is the best place to work. With INO you gain beneficial skills to use in everyday life to better yourself personally and professionally.
Pros
everything
Cons
non
Super fun and very productive work environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2018
It really was an amazing experience working at In N Out Burger. They helped shaped my customer service skills and interpersonal skills with customers.
Pros
Free lunches, fun work environment, good pay, flexible with schedule
Cons
short breaks
Amazing
Associate Level (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 27, 2018
This company is by far the most amazing place to work. Everyone has a positive vibe every day and really makes the workplace enjoyable to work. Great pay.
Pros
every aspect
Cons
hours
Fun, Fast Paced place to work!
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 27, 2018
I loved working with the company, it has so many pro’s and definitely tops a corporate or chain working place. I loved the way you could move up with the company. After a while, that type of job was just not for me, otherwise I’d still be working here for sure!
fate paced fun placed to work
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 27, 2018
overall I will harp the parses of In-N-Out Burger tell the end of days, the product quality and passion for quality service is unmatched...in the end my demise was the lack of promotion with politics and favoritism standing in the way
Very fast paced and takes a long time to move up even for motivated individuals and its dependent on favoritism.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAMarch 26, 2018
It was a decent place to work and is capable of compensating pretty fairly but it is very demanding and the schedule is changing on a weekly basis so it is very difficult to structure a life around especially when you have a family.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Very easy to be overlooked despite effort
Inconsistent scheduling, uncommon career advancement.
Sunrise Blvd - Cook (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 26, 2018
In-N-Out Burger is a very fun place to work. Though, the specific environment I worked at, management was not so great. We were short staffed which led to many associates being overworked. Also, with the short staffing, management was not so understanding when it came to take sick days off. They would sometimes put unnecessary pressure on associates.
Pros
Free food, fun environment
Cons
Poor management, inconsistent promotional opportunities
gotta have patience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 25, 2018
In-N-Out is a great job to teach you about working as a team and patience. It's a fast food job yes but the pay is great and for the work it is I would totally recommend working for the company. If you get stressed out easily // anxious then this company may not be for you because at times it does get hectic and hard to handle. Overall though In-N-Out is a great job.
Pros
free burger on break, store parties
Cons
10 min break unless you're working a long shift, no discounts on meals
Fun place
Register, Cook, & Job Orientation Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CAMarch 24, 2018
One of the best place i have worked. They provided a fun environment. We went to water parks once a year. We learned a lot about customer service and how to work under pressure.
Pros
water world parks
Cons
a bit stressful
Fun work environment
In N Out Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 23, 2018
I have enjoyed working as an In N Out associate for 4 years and have had 6 raises since my time there. It is a good job that provides wonderful benefits and opportunities. Although, it can become stressful at times it has provided me with a great work ethic as well as time management skills.
Associate (Part-Time) Level 6 (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 23, 2018
In-n-Out takes care of their employees. It is a hard job to get but once you get it, it is a great job with security. The culture is a little hard to get used to, but once you get immersed into it, it is a fun and quick-paced job.
Fast-paced Work Enviroment
Clean-Up Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 21, 2018
Fast-paced work environment. Must keep to a time schedule and be flexible as demands change daily. Work closely with management to maintain daily workflow.
Great place to work at.
Cashier/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 20, 2018
It was very competive long hours alot of standing fast paced.I learned alot of new things.I would recommend the job as a first job because it teaches u alot about responsibility.
Pros
You learn alot about time management.
Cons
Your standing for long periods of time.
fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMarch 20, 2018
Good benefits and people are all extremely friendly, It was like a large family and everyone always had each others back. Very fast paced and not a good job if you are lazy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
constantly busy
Kinda sucks but that’s just where I work other stores are cool
Salad Prep (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 19, 2018
Most managers suck at getting you off on time but the people are awesome, it’s a lot of work but you get paid good! I mean you get a free burger and free soda but it’s a lot of work we are always busy and somethings it sucks so much
Pros
Free burgers
Cons
Short break 10 min
Outstanding Place to Work
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 18, 2018
This is the most fast-paced and, upbeat company that I've worked for. There is a lot of orders that come through on a daily and you have to be on your toes to really keep up with it. This job has taught me to be consistent, move with urgency and be an all-around team player. I've noticed that being a team player effects the workplace culture in a big way. My helping hand whether they needed it or not gives that push for them to be at their best by showing them that i got their back. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is when business slows down, once things slow down everything becomes a little harder to maintain because you dont have that extra pump in your step to get it down. I've definitely managed though! As an associate, the most enjoyable experience i've had with IN N OUT is having a customer come in with a bad day and walk away with a smile because of the service that they received.
Pros
Free Burger, Decent Wage, Flexibility, Work-Life Balance, Management
Cons
No Full-time Available
awesome job
Cashier / Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 16, 2018
Loved every minute of it. You feel part of a team and is an awesome environment. so much comradery it was amazing. Everyone helps each other succeed at that next position.
Pros
free burger
Cons
pay window
Very fast pace overall awesome job
Board Person (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2018
In-N-Out Burger is an awesome place to work. I love every minute there, it's a very challenging type of work environment. In-N-Out has taught me a lot of important life skills that have helped me out in life and as a person.
Pros
Great work environment and Free burger
Cons
Short break and they sent me home a lot due to it being slow
Amazing and fun place to work if you are motivated
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 14, 2018
I had a blast working there! Your odds of getting a job based solely upon your application are slim to none. You have to know someone to get hired, let alone just an interview. It was a great environment for a college student. If you're looking to make a career, you should have started in your late teens and/or early 20s as advancement can take some time. Keep in mind you'll be working with punk kids for the rest of your working life.
Pros
Free #1 with every shift.
Cons
They only allow a select few at each store to work full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5