In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Kinda sucks but that’s just where I work other stores are cool
Salad Prep (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 19, 2018
Most managers suck at getting you off on time but the people are awesome, it’s a lot of work but you get paid good! I mean you get a free burger and free soda but it’s a lot of work we are always busy and somethings it sucks so much
Pros
Free burgers
Cons
Short break 10 min
Outstanding Place to Work
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 18, 2018
This is the most fast-paced and, upbeat company that I've worked for. There is a lot of orders that come through on a daily and you have to be on your toes to really keep up with it. This job has taught me to be consistent, move with urgency and be an all-around team player. I've noticed that being a team player effects the workplace culture in a big way. My helping hand whether they needed it or not gives that push for them to be at their best by showing them that i got their back. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is when business slows down, once things slow down everything becomes a little harder to maintain because you dont have that extra pump in your step to get it down. I've definitely managed though! As an associate, the most enjoyable experience i've had with IN N OUT is having a customer come in with a bad day and walk away with a smile because of the service that they received.
Pros
Free Burger, Decent Wage, Flexibility, Work-Life Balance, Management
Cons
No Full-time Available
awesome job
Cashier / Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 16, 2018
Loved every minute of it. You feel part of a team and is an awesome environment. so much comradery it was amazing. Everyone helps each other succeed at that next position.
Pros
free burger
Cons
pay window
Very fast pace overall awesome job
Board Person (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2018
In-N-Out Burger is an awesome place to work. I love every minute there, it's a very challenging type of work environment. In-N-Out has taught me a lot of important life skills that have helped me out in life and as a person.
Pros
Great work environment and Free burger
Cons
Short break and they sent me home a lot due to it being slow
Amazing and fun place to work if you are motivated
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 14, 2018
I had a blast working there! Your odds of getting a job based solely upon your application are slim to none. You have to know someone to get hired, let alone just an interview. It was a great environment for a college student. If you're looking to make a career, you should have started in your late teens and/or early 20s as advancement can take some time. Keep in mind you'll be working with punk kids for the rest of your working life.
Pros
Free #1 with every shift.
Cons
They only allow a select few at each store to work full time
fun
STORE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAMarch 14, 2018
Very fast paced work environment as well as positive. You must be hard working and be able to work on multiple task at the same time. Its not likely but sometimes the work environment could be too much such as drama due to conflicting age groups such as real young to the very old.
Fast paced and very strict
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMarch 14, 2018
Working at in n out burger taught me the great work ethic I have today. However, the expectations and policies are very extreme and nearly impossible. Management is very disconnected from the reality associates face when it comes to job expectations. Very little opportunity for growth.
Pros
Flexible hours, paid esster off, paid Christmas off, paid thanksgiving off, fun company events, free meal per shift
Cons
Poor management, 6 hour shifts given only one 10 min break, understaffed often
Very fast paced
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 13, 2018
There is always something to do while working and the only time you will be able to rest is on your break or when your off. The moment you get caught relaxing your introuble.
Great Company
In N Out Burger Manager (Current Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAMarch 12, 2018
I worked for one of the smaller departments, however In N Out as a whole is a great company to work for. No matter where you start, they always offer opportunity in different departments. Everyone is genuinely nice and there to help.
Pros
Care about their employees, Opportunity
Cons
Some poor management, crazy hours
High pace and teamwork
Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAMarch 12, 2018
Because of the high pace and teamwork necessary to keep In n Out functioning everyone become really close in this environment. Although there is competition between coworkers to move up in positioning we all know we need each other in the end.
Learned a lot about time management and the importance of staying on top of whats going on. Staying aware of your surroundings in very important.
Its a great job, a lot of opportunity to move up and get paid well for it.
Pros
Close relationships, hard working staff, teamwork, shifts fly by
Cons
drink more coffee than I probably should have
Great place for your first job
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  san bernardinoMarch 12, 2018
Great place for a part time and going to school. They pay above minimum. Very professional and follow regulations closely. Once you start working there you will realize why they are so successful.
Pros
above min wage/detail oriented
Cons
high school drama
Collaborative, great team work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marina Del ReyMarch 11, 2018
It can be a lot of duties to handle if you love fast paced environments. But overall I loved the people. There were so many friendly people, tourists also. I felt I was of great use to our guests.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
High volume of people to deal with.
Definitely the best job out of all fast food
Associate (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMarch 6, 2018
This job is fast paced and can be difficult but can be very fun and the rewards keep coming. Just for not getting hurt as a company you will receive gifts (innout cups, t shirts, back pack, speaker etc). Promotions are always happening. Its a very positive place to work and the way to get hired is to smile til your cheeks hurt. :)
Pros
free lunch, excess of available hours, easy to get pay raises and start at a higher pay to begin with
Fast-Paced environment with flexible hours
Cook/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMarch 5, 2018
In-N-Out is a great company to work for, especially for those who are in school. It is a very fast-paced, but fun environment. The pay is very competitive compared to other entry level jobs, and there is so much room for advancement within the company. Managers for the most part are very accommodating to their associates needs for hour flexibility.
Pros
High pay, flexible hours, fun environment
Cons
shorter breaks and open late
Level 7
LEVEL 7/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2018
I have been working for In-N-Out for 7 years now. My job is very fast-paced and the employees and managers are always so nice to work with. We are treated very fairly at In-N-Out and there is always something you can be doing to be productive at this job which I find enjoyable.
Great first time job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAMarch 4, 2018
Perfect job for someone in school they work with peoples schedules pay great for a fast food place. you can move up if you apply yourself. there are some shady people but youll have those people at any job you work at.
Great pay, not so great scheduling
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 4, 2018
I only worked at In-N-Out for a very short time. The employees were friendly enough but I did not work long enough to truly become friends with any of them. The management was decent, but I never got my own In-N-Out white pants as promised even though I worked there for four months and was told they would be there within a month of my being hired. Instead, I was made to wear pants that my supervisor had extras of which were three inches too short. In addition, the schedule was not set. I was only able to work until 5pm because I had ballet at 6pm and they would schedule me until 5 then tell me I had to stay because it was busy even though there were others who could have taken my spot. In addition, when I quit, my boss asked me to come in to sign a couple of papers. I drove the half hour out of my way only to find him in a meeting already even though I had come at the specific time he had asked me to. After waiting another twenty minutes, he came up to me only to tell me he ended up mailing the paperwork instead.
Pros
Starting pay was $10, I believe it is now up to $11.50
Cons
Scheduled hours were not always as written, boss was not a great communicator
Friendly environment.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAMarch 4, 2018
amazing, management is amazing.
flexible if you are a student.
Great starting pay.
Although can get busy, fun environment.
Positive, healthy workforce.
Team driven environment.
Pros
free lunch
Fast paced friendly environment
Fast Food Worker (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 4, 2018
In-N-Out Burger is a fast paced environment so it’s important to be focused. It’s also a friendly environment where communication among coworkers is very significant.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Fun place to work and would relaxing.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMarch 3, 2018
Learning different things to do. From proper hand washing to taking orders on the headset. All the managers and customers are very nice. Clean environment. Hardest part is working safely through the rush. I learned to be safe and how to deal with customers and keep a smiling face. The best part of my job was having fun times with my associates and making everyone happy.
Pros
flexible with work schedule
Cons
10 min breaks not enough time to eat a burger.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5