In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Quick Paced
cashier services (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 7, 2018
In N Out is an amazing company to work for. They have many great benefits and a variety of opportunities. I loved In N Out as my first job, it has taught me a lot.
A pretty great place to work. Great people with great attitudes
Store associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJanuary 7, 2018
In n out is a fantastic company. I've worked at other fast food places and none of them care so much about their quality as much as In n out does. Its fun, fast paced, and you can advance up their ranks quickly if you can show them your skill and dedication. Management is usually great as its a meritocracy. The hardest part of the job is how physically demanding it is. You're basically standing and moving around all the time so much so I've actually lost weight working here. My fellow employees have also complained of back issues from improper body mechanics. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with their positive and outgoing employees. The pay is also pretty great for fast food. I'd recommend In-n-out to anyone that wants a career in fast food or just a job on the side during school.
Pros
Free burgers everyday, essentially unlimited fries. Fast paced work environment.
Cons
stressful, physically demanding, hours can sometimes be limited
Fun place to work in
Host (Former Employee) –  Newbury Park, CAJanuary 6, 2018
The job at in n out was fun but also a little stressful, since it is fast paced. But the managers would always help out and make sure the shift went by smoothly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2018
Fast pace, company outings, advancement opportunities, happy company culture, good benefits. The wage is fair, and is dependent on advancement. Everyone wants and needs to advance to have a job at In N Out.
Pros
benefits, fair wage, advancement opportunities, company culture
Cons
strict on everything- easy to get written up
Fast paced and fun working environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJanuary 4, 2018
Working at In-N-Out was very fun. The company took good care of their employees. A typical day would be coming to work, getting dressed and being told what our job is for the day, is almost never the same job everyday which makes the job fun and exciting. I learned to manage my time well, multitask, and to work independently with a team. The management is well trained and each one of the managers started off at In-N-Out and made their way up in the company. The workplace is very fun and friendly, there was never a dull day at work neither was there drama from coworkers. The hardest part of the job was just the beginning when I was still trying to learn the job, which is normal but after getting used to the job, it became very easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the company showed their employees that they care. Such as in the holidays, they give their employees gifts every year and also every year, they host few different events throughout the year where the employees can come out, bring their families and have a good time.
Pros
Free food and gifts
Cons
fast paced but not hard a very friendly environment
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAJanuary 4, 2018
My in -n-out experience was great i like being a cashier there. I got to greet people and talk to the customers as a hostess. I learned how to work a cashier, pour drinks and shakes, cut tomatoes and wash dishes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
stressful
Stressful and quick paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2018
In-N-Out has great quality food, However has poor work culture. In-N-Out is not all that you would expect. Thee benefits are okay, and the environment is very compact.
Great job
Cashiers (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 3, 2018
This job throws different task at you to see how you work and how well you can be at working these positions great place for hands on work and great work inviorment
Pros
Flexible hours
productive organized and good working
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2018
In n out Is a fun company to work for they work with your schedule they train you in everything they can just to help you grow with the company. The hardest thing about this job is falling behind because no matter what your doing once you fall behind the whole crew falls down with you, whether your working on order taking, drive thru ,fry cook, or on the grill. In N Out is really clean they are organize, the fun thing about this job is your associates including managers theyre friendly and outgoing
Pros
free lunch, activities, they work with your schedule
Cons
Not many hours
The Best company I worked for.
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2018
I'm very proud to say that I worked for In and Out Burger for 5 years! I believe in thier religious beliefs. They are a all around great company to work for. If you know anything about In and Out Burger they are known for thier cleaniness. That is why it acttracted me to work for the company.
Pros
Relationships/Community Connections
good started job!
Level 5 associate (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CADecember 31, 2017
Ive worked for the company for 3 years, and depending on your store, you might be able to handle it swell. Im very competitive and I always want to be with the best so working hard got me where i am now. I wish i would've been taught more when i first started but its easy to get pushed to the side once they see that you don't need help anymore. I honestly believe that depending on your store, its a different experience. For me, its lots of gossip, hate and bad talkers.
Pros
great pay
Cons
bad managers
In-n-out is a great part time job but if you’re looking for a full time job this might not be the best place for you.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 30, 2017
Over all in-n-out is an awesome place to work for. The environment is awesome and so are the people. The only thing was the 30 hour per week policy which sadly isn’t working out for me.
Pros
Hourly pay is good.
Cons
Hours are not that great per week
Excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 28, 2017
Everyone here is always very encouraging and want to help you progress to the next level. All of the workers always work as a team and make sure everything is done right without throwing someone else under the bus. Overall, the associates make the job awesome and worth while. The customers are the ones that make it hard sometimes.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Customers can be frustrating
very fast paced job
In-N-Out Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 28, 2017
I liked the environment at In-N-Out, it was very family oriented. The job is very competitive and fast working. Once you get the hang of the job you're assigned to do, it is not as difficult.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
fast-paced
great company
Level Six Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 22, 2017
I enjoy working there a lot. great place for young people to work. You advance at your own pace. Management makes great money the for fast food industry.
Pros
free food
Cons
free food. gained some weight lol
fun and exiting
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lebec, CADecember 21, 2017
in n out has the best associates , always fun caring people , no matter where your from everyone is inviting ! good environment to work in!!i recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no piercings
Great place to grow.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 20, 2017
I have worked there for a handful of years and am tired of having a limit on my potential.
I believe i can use my talents and social skills towards something greater.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Too competitive
fast pace, fun, cool experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CADecember 20, 2017
INO is a great first job, or a place to learn the fundamentals of working. Working at INO will teach one accuracy, urgency, manners, morals, counting [money], and basic kitchen skills.
Great company to work for, fun and fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CADecember 20, 2017
In N Out was a great company to work for, the company really took care of their employees. The crew was fun, upbeat, and easy to get along with. The work environment was fast paced and overall great in every aspect.
burger place
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CADecember 16, 2017
this place is super fast pace so be prepared and no "standing around" on the job, not even when casper the ghost wants a double double. even when no one is in the store, you will be expected to do the same repetitive tasks throughout your shift!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5