In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Fun job
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAOctober 18, 2017
in n out was my first job it was a fast paced job always provided 100% customer service. you can move up fast in the company it was so fun working there
Pros
free activities
Cons
no insurance for part time
One of the best companies I've had the pleasure to work for.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2017
In n out is a great company to work for. They are very flexible on working with your schedule. It is a very high speed work environment. It comes with its challenges just as any other job.
It’s a good job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAOctober 15, 2017
Nice job fun workers. Very flexible hours good pay. Not a bad career. But they just don’t move you up to full time worker quickly. I would recommend this job to a friend
Fast paste
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAOctober 13, 2017
Customer service based. Food handling, managed crew member to there highest abilities. Training persons on new and upcoming policy and procedures. Flow up on those new policy's and making sure they are implementing them on a day-to-day basics.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
workers
good pay for fun work
Associate Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 12, 2017
fast paced
must move quickly and think on your feet
good pay for work done
opportunity to move up is particular there not real progress check point they train and promote as they see fit
Amazing first job great work environment
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAOctober 11, 2017
Always a fun atmosphere management was great nothing but positivity with the team. Coworkers were fun to work with. Most enjoyable was building a relationship with your team.
great first job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 9, 2017
It's a good first job for someone in high school or just out of high school. Free burger every shift you worked so you wouldn't have to go pay for lunch there or anywhere else. Most manager from the in n out tend to play favorites so only few can get promoted up to level 5's while the others get stuck at level 2 because managers don't seem to care about promoting when their workers have so much potential.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
men have to shave everyday, poor hours, bad job security
very fast pace and productive work place
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAOctober 8, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of serving over 200 customers per shift, the job was with out a doubt busy and hectic at times. I have learned many skills from In N Out such as, multitasking, building customer service skills, communication skills, etc.
Pros
1 free burger when you work.
Cons
work place can be hectic and overwhelming.
Sometimes really fun
Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2017
Overall the staff for the most part is pretty friendly. But some times when it gets really busy everyone is snappy. The scheduling is a big problem for me. I never get the hours I want.
Pros
free lunch
great pay
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 5, 2017
great pay, great job for part time students in school looking to pursue different career of interest. full time options available but requires hard work and tons of self training to motivate yourself to stand out amongst your team but still keep up the upbeat attitude.
In-N-Out
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 4, 2017
I have worked for this company for five years. I absolutely love it. I wish I didn't have to say goodbye, because it is such a spectacular place to work for. There are physical strains that come with the job that some, including myself, can no longer keep up with. The associates are considered family in every sense of the word, and I would highly recommend anyone to work there. Provided they have a good work ethic and can always have a smile on their face.
Good job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 3, 2017
Good place to work with a great work environment. Many chances to advance and grow within the company. The company really cares about its associates and compensates them well.
Fast paced but fun working environment
Store Associate/Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 3, 2017
When working at in n out there are levels. Each level consists of a new job. You reach each level when a manager feels like you're advanced in the new job you have learned from your level. I really liked working at in n out because they treat you really well with all sorts of benefits. All the employees are very friendly and cooperative with one another. I also enjoyed all the skills I've learned. In n Out definitely taught me to be more of a people person.
Pros
almost everything
Cons
Never knew when you were gonna get off work
Great Company Great Food
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2017
- Very fast paced during peek hours
- Get things done fast and properly
- Workplace culture is upbeat everyone has high energy levels
- Free Lunch Provided
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working at In N Out. I met a lot of really amazing people. A typical day at work was very productive. I would always be doing something. I learned a lot about the policies and how organized a place like In N Out has to be. The management was good. As my first job, I felt very overwhelmed but the managers did a good job at teaching me everything I needed to know. The hardest part of the job was balancing school and work in the beginning. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting everyone.
Pros
Discounts.
Fast paced environmeny
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 30, 2017
I learned how to be a leader and help others in the in n out community. Some days are long, but with being busy times can go by fast. I learned patience.
In n Out cares about it's people
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 29, 2017
A typical day at in n out would consist of a slow come up to a really stressful rush. The manager was stressed so that spilled to the associates. Hard to get the orders out at low times but the customers were always there to talk to. My favorite part hands down was the customers.
Pros
Free burger and fries
Cons
only a select few get full time so only a few get benifits
fast paced
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 29, 2017
the job required a lot of work for a fast food place. great employees with great attitudes. focused and very customer friendly. great with raises and training
Great food and great people
Cashier, food preparation, trainer, drive (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Working at In-N-Out was one of my best work experiences. It taught me a lot about workmanship and being a team player. They also pay very well. If you are lazy and non-committed this is not the job for you.
very strict
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CASeptember 28, 2017
working here was very stressful, it was very quick pace and you were trained in the fast paced environment. trying to talk to managers and ask questions was hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5