In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 14, 2017
Very fast paced job helped the day go by fast along with the positive working environment. The managers were always extremely helpful and pushed the associates to be the best they could be.
Pros
Free meal provided with work
Cons
Can become taxing on the body
great food service industry job to work for
Level 7 Associate/All-Star trainer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 13, 2017
Where is there a job where favoritism or poor management doesn't come to play? Aside from that, job is stable and you can move up quickly if you work hard enough and management notices and favors your potential. Always keeping you busy but it helps time go by quicker. Technically flexible unless you are full time. Hard to get days to request off sometimes as only a certain amount of people can. Holiday pay on some days, others you work the holiday on regular pay. Only christmas, thanksgiving, and easter off. The stores closes early the night before. Free meal during shift. Cool safety rewards and christmas gifts. Stable job
In-N-Out Experience
L4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 10, 2017
This job was a random find for me, and ended up being a three year commitment. It may be stressful at times, but the managers are trained to be caring and considerate to all employees. It's a great place to work as a young person.
Productive and fast pace
Lead Clean Up Associate (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CANovember 8, 2017
Typical day, start early in the morning at 5am, breakdown a work order pallet of supplies that is needed for throughout the day. Clean and prep the food kitchen for the day shift. It was only two people who started this early until the managers or shift leader who would showed up later and then they helped very little, prep for the rest of the day. Its a fast pace, race against time work culture. The hardest part was being behind schedule, once you fall behind it messes up the rest of the shift that starts after you. The best part was that every year, the company does a company picnic and they had great prizes given away like candy.
Pros
Free burger a day
Cons
short breaks, sent home if its a slow day
productive work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 6, 2017
friendly and fast paced. very task oriented. I worked in the morning before opening the store. usually involved working alone clean certain sections of in n out while another associate did the other parts. Delivery days were a bit hectic at times
Pros
free burger
Cons
in n out
Low Hours
Associate (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CA 90703November 4, 2017
You will not get more than 10hours a week until you reach a level 5, So in like 8months-1year
Not worth it

Managers are usually chill
1 Free burger every working day but no discounts at all.
Fun Fast Paced busy
Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 1, 2017
In n Out was great. I would clock in Stretch and the hit fries or any other positions needed. I would take orders give orders hand out food, and do Inventory. As well as cook fires as needed.
Pros
Environment, Managers
Cons
To many employees, stores are to crowed.
Great company, supplies all tools and supplies
Painter/Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAOctober 31, 2017
Provides work vehicle and supplies needed to complete work. Management and pay need to be addressed. Besides that great company to build a career with.
Pros
Full benefits job security
Cons
Pay graveyard hours travel alot
Fun Place to work
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAOctober 30, 2017
This place is fun and cares about its employees. They do have some issues with advancement for some positions. Other then that they care about the employees and have a great team environment.
Good Job but not what it seems on the surface.
Associate (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAOctober 30, 2017
For kids in high school and young people its a great place to get work experience however there is A LOT of favoritism and unfair treatment that goes on behind the scenes. Managers choose who gets good hours, training, and positions daily based off of who they do and don't like. if you find yourself working a not-so-good position often with your request for next level training being rarely if ever approved, theres a good chance the management team doesn't like you. People will smile in your face and then try to get you fired behind you back, my advice, if you're going to work here, don't make friends. show up, work and go home, only way to stay drama free.
Very Fast Paced
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAOctober 27, 2017
Very high demanding, when you clock in you are always moving. I learned how to always be on my feet. Management is not the greatest, definitely needs to become more of a Leader type roll and not a Boss type. The culture can be very negative at times since we are always doing something. The hardest part of the job would be the negativity towards the workers when things became difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the friends you make and the customers you help.
Cons
Manager
Sales and customer relason
Fresh Foods Clerk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 26, 2017
I doing my best when I got job in here how to move sales and good reason with customer and what company gogl have followed in tram work I have work experiences in Saudi Arabia and bechalor degree in market in USA major marketing awards of best employees in sales
Pros
Sales
Cons
Cheeck expri products and rotet planogram date
great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indio, CAOctober 22, 2017
i truly enjoy working at this company. It has provided so much for my family. It has provide me with training i need to move up with the company and be successful.
Fun place to work. Great for students
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 22, 2017
Excellent job for a first job and for any students. Hours are really flexible and the pay is really good. Start off as being part time but you can work your way up. Favoritism.
Pros
Pay, flexible hours, free burger when you work, advancement
Very fun and up best place to work at. Friendly coworkers. Flexible work hours.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 21, 2017
Very busy and productive.
Very hands on.
Interactions with costumers all the time.
Managers and coworkers are nice to work with, like a family.
Positive environment.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible work hours
Cons
Shortbreads, hours
fun and exciting work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 20, 2017
was a great place full of opportunity and great co workers and and management that really wants to see you grow. not everyone will be on your side and will want to see/help you grow even managers but you have to just jump in and get the training and show them that your ready and your epic. It is a good challenge and it will help you grow as a person and realize potential that you never thought you would have plus you gain a family.
Great place to work, fun, fast paced
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2017
No better team of management out there in my experience. Fantastic people, very fast paced, and working alongside and often bumping into others, tight areas.
Pros
Culture, fun, good quality food
Cons
Short breaks, fast pace
Great place to work with flexible hours
Mid-level Associate (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 19, 2017
This is the perfect place for college students to work. Very fun fast-paced environment that is supportive of your long-term goals in life. This environment makes the work days go by quickly.
One of my favorite jobs as a young person
Top of the line customer service (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAOctober 19, 2017
I worked at In-N-Out for a year back just when I was out of high school. It was such a fun job! I loved the people I worked with, I was always smiling, the days went by super fast, and I was guaranteed to have lunch at every shift. The leadership and management was amazing and always set their staff up for success! If you stay on your game you have a lot of room to move up and can even have management or ownership opportunities. Awesome job!
Pros
Free Lunch when you work
Cons
No Discounts
Fun job
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAOctober 18, 2017
in n out was my first job it was a fast paced job always provided 100% customer service. you can move up fast in the company it was so fun working there
Pros
free activities
Cons
no insurance for part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5