In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere to work in
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kettleman, CASeptember 23, 2018
Overall great managers and friendly environment that helps motivate one another. Hours are extremely flexible and willing to work with your availability to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hours not guaranteed unless full time
Loved it
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZ 86401September 23, 2018
This job was hands dpwn the best job ive ever had. Had to leave due to relocation on the East Coast, or else I wouldve stayed longer. They were very good about promoting within and provided the right training in order to do so.
good
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 22, 2018
great place to start off your working career. for me it just wasn't a place I wanted to be at for the rest of my life. they had great skills to learn there. overall, I am happy I was able to get the experience I needed from this company to further my path along in the working world.
In N Out Burger is one of the best Companies to work for.
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CASeptember 21, 2018
I really enjoyed being employed/ an associate for In N Out Burger and they know how to treat their employee's like family. In N Out Burger always willing to help their associates when it comes to asking about time off or rescheduling their work shifts when school starts and ends.
Pros
free lunch meals
Great First Job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 19, 2018
Excellent job for those in high school and college who want a flexible work schedule and great pay. Also, if you choose to stay with the company, they have a great management program.
Good first job
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 19, 2018
Good first job to learn customer service and other skills to carry on to careers. Good work, environment with friendly coworkers and management staff,
Fast paced but fun
Associate (Current Employee) –  Lomita, CASeptember 19, 2018
You get to know your coworkers and make friends. A day at work is very fast paced because everyone loves in and out but throughout the day we all try and have fun to keep our job enjoyable.
Pros
Free burger!! Who can resist and obviously good benefits
Cons
Sometimes you dont get enough hours
love working
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 18, 2018
it so cool working at a fast food and you will always meet amazing people every day.sometimes a customer can came and start telling you about their day and ask you how your day is going so far and it just amazing seeing new faces every day and be able to help them with a smile on your with you having that smile on your face with make them have one on theirs as well and it just amazing.
Pros
free food every single day
Cons
short break
Great Job
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2018
This job is really good. starting pay was 11 when i started and within a year i was making 14 dollars an hour. All depends on how hard you want to work, hours are bad and it is difficult to get full time. most shifts are 6 hours with 1 ten minute break. Lots of highschool kids as coworkers...
In-N-Out
Host Trainer Superviser (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CA 94533September 17, 2018
A Typical day at in-n-out is a very busy and fast pace place. Ive learned to manage and multi-task dealing with lots of people at one time and focusing on the task ahead. The work culture is very good at times and just the management was very unorganized. The hardiest part i would say is not getting hours and dealing with the management. The most enjoyable part was working with the customers and creatinging bonds.
Pros
free lunch and good pay
Cons
not promised full hours
Non stop fast paced enviroment.
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CASeptember 17, 2018
A non stop fast paced environment which involved a lot of manual labor and full attention in order to provide a great customer experience and product.
Fast paced, highly coordinated job.
Experienced Associate (Current Employee) –  Newbury Park, CASeptember 17, 2018
A typical day at work includes switching between multiple different positions in the restaurant during a shift. Any where from cashier to preparing produce.
fun place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2018
great place to work for I would tell everyone to work for them I was with them for 12 yrs and I would not take it back they help out with a lot of things
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 14, 2018
I love working at in-n-out. The company really does an amazing job with taking care of there employees. There is a lot of chance to move forward in the company. A typical day at work is fun and productive. We are like a family and try and work together to make sure we provide the best customer service. We are careful when it comes to food safety and maintaining high standards for customers and ourselves. Working there is filled with opportunities and a chance to recognized.
Pros
Free meals with every shift
Best Job on the Planet
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 14, 2018
In-N-Out pays very well and expects you to do the job that you're being paid for. In-N-Out is very understanding and an amazing place to work! The management team there is beyond amazing and they will actually care about you and will try to help you with any personal troubles you may be facing.
Pros
Free lunches, Amazing pay, Amazing coworkers
long hours great benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 14, 2018
hours are too hard on associates especially management. Great benefits. Love the crew you work with. Free meal for every day you work. Management is not understanding of family issues that may arise
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
hours and understanding of management
Fast paced, competitive, not explained enough
Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CASeptember 13, 2018
Working here was ok, the benefits and pay were probably the best thing about the job. Management was alright it was difficult to find time to talk one on one because they were always “to busy”. I felt as if things were never explained properly or weren’t explained enough. I probably wouldn’t work there again.
Fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 13, 2018
In-N-Outs environment is fast paced and very team oriented. They pay you well and if you ask for hours you can usually get them. It's very difficult to become full time though so if you're looking for that I'd suggest bringing it up in your first interview.
great if you desire to advance.
Third Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2018
In n out is a job not meant to live off of unless you are driven and desire to advance in the company. There's tons of room for growth also within the company in different departments. The only downside if the inconsistent hours that can cause problems with your sleeping patterns as well as your personal life to work life balance. The benefits are great and some are even offered to part time as well as 401K. great place to work
Pros
free meal, benefits, growth, hourly wage
Cons
short breaks, inconsistent hours
Working here was awesome
Operations Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 13, 2018
In N Out is a great place to work. There is usually a positive atmosphere, there is plenty of opportunity to move up if you work hard and ask for it, and it pays well, with flexible hours.
Pros
Free meals, good pay, flexible hours
Cons
can be stressful with the fast pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5