In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Productive and fast-paced environment with friendly staff
Assistant Manager Level 7 (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CAJuly 2, 2018
-typical work day consists of critical thinking in an environment that is fast paced
-learning how to work with a sense of urgency and communicate with others to develop leadership skills as well as customer service skills
-management is friendly and always willing to help teach you something new in order to promote to a new position
-workplace culture is full of high energy and laughter. The culture here is definitely a team effort where you work together to make a quality product
-hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 4+ hours at a time and working late into the night.
-most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be yourself and laugh along with your coworkers
Pros
free meals, health benifits, 401k plans
Cons
short breaks, no position rotation
Very fast paced but loved the staff I worked with
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2018
Over all this was one of my favorite jobs. Id start early in the morning and be off by 2pm or 4pm. It was very fast paced and stressful at times but easy to move up through the levels. Each level was a pay raise. All the employees and management worked together as a team which helped a lot.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Fun and fast paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Middle UTJuly 1, 2018
In N Out has been an amazing place to work. The In N Out culture is a thing that every employee embraces which is centered around community involvement to enhance the local community. One of the main ways that In N Out ensures that is by keeping a friendly place for anyone to be at. It is fast and physically demanding. Everyone is constantly moving and trying to maintain quality, friendliness and cleanliness.
Pros
Food, friendly co-workers, 401K, and health benefits
Cons
Physically demanding
In N Out Summary
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJuly 1, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time at In N Out it was a great learning experience. I loved the way that the team quickly becomes like a family. The work is very fast pace and you always have to be on your toes.
Great workplace to make friends, have fun, and learn strong leadership skills on the way.
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 30, 2018
Very fast paced so if you like to slack off, this is not the place for you. The managers expect a great attitude everyday so have a smile on your face
Associate (Current Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 27, 2018
Was a great place to work people are nice and pays very well for fast food. Always got free lunches and worked well around personal life. Management was good and very understanding.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lots of younger people working there
Fast paced & produtive
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2018
It’s a good pay to be a fast food restaurant fast paced good managers there’s team plates good benifits good discounts clean environment great customer service
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health care
Fast paced and and fulfilling
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 26, 2018
It's true that this company pays more than the minimum wage, by about two dollars. They make it up however by ensuring that you are working every minute and are staying busy. It's crazy busy in the summer time around lunch and dinner time. I work at the one where there is a water park down the street so we get pretty slammed first thing in the morning. It definitely makes you feel proud to work here, at least that's how I feel. I take great pride in my work and I hope that management shows appreciation for the hard work I put in. Sometimes however it is over looked and I question whether it's worth the effort some days to work as hard as I do. I put a great deal of care in my work because I understand that this is a great company to work for. I did custodian work here for about eight months before I felt like I was a little under appreciated. I moved back to being a regular associate to have more opportunities to get raises.
Pros
Free burgers! benefits for part timers
Cons
only one ten minute break in a five six hour work day, overworked
Team work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2018
I developed skills here as a associate during my time I learned how to work under pressure & how to be a certified host. I worked in a kitchen with friendly.,loving associates that worked greatly together. Team work was key!
Pros
Paid breaks, flexible hours, free meals
Cons
Short hours
Pros and Cons
In-N-Out Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 24, 2018
In-N-Out was a cool place to work. It taught me diligence, teamwork, and communication. The funnest part was working with people I enjoyed being around. The hardest part, in my opinion, was doing multiple things at once when it got busy.
Pros
Cool co-workers
Cons
Stressful environment at times
Great working environment
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJune 22, 2018
This was my first job i actually took seriously . I was able to move up as quickly as I wanted to and was given excellent training. Working at In N Out part time or pursuing a career with the company has many benefits.
Fast paced and high intensity
Store Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJune 21, 2018
A typical day at IN-N-Out involves interacting with the customer and ensuring that only quality is delivered to the customer. The customer is the first priority, always.
Pros
free lunches, flexible scheduling
Cons
short breaks
Excellent
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 21, 2018
This is one of the best companies to work for. If you’re in High School or college and need a great, flexible, part-time job or if you’re looking for a career in management, In N Out is the place for you!
Pros
Free lunch, great pay, benefits for part time and full time, advancement opportunities, fun environment, a company that cares
Cons
Hours can be crazy, if you close you can work until 3am
In-N-Out
In-n-Out burger Level 5 associate (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 20, 2018
In-n-Out is like any other customer service job. It isn't exactly easy, but it can be fun. Time goes by really fast at the busier stores. Thats the biggest plus.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
typical customer service stuff
Fun workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85209June 18, 2018
It's a great company to work for , but the hours were inconsistent and although you're able to fill out your availability they were a bit iffy about it and changed it to their liking , overall the environment, the staff and the benefits including the picnics were great benefits to working there but the hours and the way they managed them was poor
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes no breaks
Stressful but pays well
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2018
It's a quick-paced and somewhat stressful place to work. They don't train you that well before you work a position - you're kind of thrown into it to learn as you go. It gets very busy, and the orders can get really complicated/specified. However, they pay very well compared to any other fast food job I've heard of. They also give opportunities to advance at get 25 or 50 cent raises as you go. When I worked there it paid $2 above minimum wage.
It’s a happy, fun, fast paced, working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 18, 2018
After clocking in
•stretches
•wash your hands
• get your drawer (count it)
• greet customers
•take orders
•call back your meat
• hand out orders
•make sure your surroundings were stocked on down time
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
If you can't take the heat don't go to this kitchen
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 17, 2018
You get great pay here and after working through a seasonal starting position you get pay raises depending on how well you can climb and learn new skills. Very quick paced, no relax time unless its your break. Meals are compensated and once full time employee you receive benefits.
Very strict and can be harsh.
Customers can be very ridiculous sometimes and being an employee there you always have to grit your teeth.
Guarded by security now, before was dangerous with the homeless wandering around.
Pros
Free lunch. Good hours and Great pay.
Cons
Quick paced, harsh. Uncomfortable work environment.
great atmosphere great people
level 4 / team member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 17, 2018
Working at In-N-Out is super fun most of the time. The people you work with are like your family. Even though the work might not be fun, you're surrounded by your friends and that's what makes it cool. The company is extremely giving to their associates. They throw parties for your store if you hit yearly goals etc. It's a fast paced job and definitely isn't for your average fast food worker. We focus on quality, friendliness and cleanliness. All associates are hired as a level 1 which is basically someone in the dining room who greets customers and wipes down tables. Level 2- counter order taker, someone who takes done in customer orders. Level 3- drive through order taker. Level 4- "fry guy" or girl. Level 5- board person, the person who dresses each burger bottom (applies spress, tomatoes, lettuce etc). Level 6-cook. Level 7-pre-management. All managers start as a level 1 and work their way up into management. Nobody is hired from the outside for management positions. To answer the original question...it is fun working at in n out. I got a great job and quit a year ago and then came back to work just one day a week because I missed the atmosphere and working with my friends.
fast paced work enviroment
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJune 15, 2018
everyday was fast paced but the energy was always very upbeat and enjoyable. every employee had their responsibilities to uphold and team work was vital to how the day went.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5