In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Fast
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CA 93243February 13, 2018
In-N-Out is a great company to work for. Pays well and you gain insane multitasking skills, it's not your average job. Clean cut as possible, ONLY smiles. Yes, the managers make good money but they really deteriorate. Grey hair and wrinkles reaching late 20's. It's not easy.
Pros
Free burger, free fries, free drink, summer picnics
Cons
10 minute breaks to eat and go to the bathroom, high stress
Quality you can Taste
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 12, 2018
In-n-out has a great system and great employees. The training program is informative and they have a clear path forward to management. Cooperation is the cornerstone of their great productivity.
Pros
Great environment, Waterworld
Cons
always busy, skin gets oily
Fun first job, but also stressful
Employee (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAFebruary 11, 2018
I enjoyed working there when I was at level 1. When they moved me up to level 2, I wasn’t happy because I couldn’t figure out the cash register. I preferred cleaning and refilling things and handing out food and prepping the food. I like to do the grunt work personally, and I’m good at it, but sometimes I’d have 5 things to do and get yelled at that I wasn’t going fast enough. That was stressful and annoying at times. Overall, I enjoyed working there and met some very nice people.
Pros
Free meal every shift, chopping up food
Cons
The cash register, jerky 12 year olds
Fun
Fry Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Good environment, teaches me alot about customer service and what it mean to take care of a customer in the work place, I would definitely recommend to anyone.
Pros
Free burger
Cons
Short hours
Great company
Customer Service Associate/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 11, 2018
I had worked with this company for a long time and they know what they are doing. After even studying Business Management, I enjoyed the company so much that I wanted to fulfill my career with them.
n/a
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 9, 2018
In N Out Burger was an awesome job to work at right after highschool. This job taught me team work and how to produce quality work at high speeds. I valued my time there
Best job I ever had
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Apart from this job always being quick paced, I loved the environment. The customers were very friendly as well as the associates and managers. I loved cooking & making customers happy.
Very friendly
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CAFebruary 9, 2018
This was an amazing job. I loved working closely with all of the people there. The atmosphere was very competive and hard working. It felt like you were always trying to 1-up someone else or the other way around. It did get very crazy at times. When we would have a lunch rush etc. All in all i really enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Love the job !
Cashier, Host (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 8, 2018
It’s a great job . You learn to love the quick pace and the guest that come from all over the world to try the delicious burger ! Sometimes you can feel overwhelmed with how busy it is but that’s the fun it .
Pros
Great free burger and fries every day you work
Cons
Short fast breaks
Great Culture and Fast Paced Work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAFebruary 8, 2018
This place was always fast paced and the lines never stopped coming. However, they system that they have to make their food was very efficient so getting orders out wasn't hard unless there were errors along the way. Management didn't push us that hard to reach promotions yet they were always ready if we had any questions regarding our promotions. If they were informed about us wanting to promote they would help us. The company culture is amazing. They really believe in giving back to the community. In-N-Out is donating funds left and right in order to make the world a better place such as their Slave to None foundation and their can drives and toy drives. The most difficult part of the job is keeping up with the demand for food. There will be days where you are overwhelmed with big orders and multiple small orders of people eating now. Yet, the most enjoyable part would be the flexible hours and the co workers that you work with.
Pros
Free food when you work, discounts for merchandise, nice 401k plan.
Cons
Short breaks, long meal rushes, on your feet all day.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2018
In N Out is a very enjoyable, great company, flexible schedule, good benefits and pay, and management is very kind. Very considerate of its associates and their lives outside of work.
Pros
free lunches
Busy fast paced
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 7, 2018
It helps if you have alot of friends that work in the company but if your alone you need to try your hardest to please and impress your co-workers as much as your customers. A majority of people quit within the first two months due to location of the store. I personally worked at the oldest and busiest store, it was my first job from 16 years old to 23 years old. I worked there for a little more than 6 years and earned every raise I received, after a year of trying to continue my training and advance my position in the company I had multiple associates I trained pass me by and felt under-appreciated and over worked. Almost every associate did the job of 2-3 workers at this specific store.
Pros
Free Lunch, Paid holidays, Free events and rewards.
Cons
Poor Management, Poor communication between Management, and Assistant Management, Corporate disconnect from the kitchen.
Fun workplace for teenagers
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 7, 2018
I would recommend this company for a teenager looking for hours after school and on the weekends. If you are a over all happy person and like to work hard you will enjoy working here.
Pros
free lunch
Super Fast Paced and Great Management
cashier and multi-role employee (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 7, 2018
honestly one of the best places to work, they taught me so much on how to manage my time and helped me grow in areas such as customer service, management, and always being productive. Probably the biggest thing is you have to hurry, your constantly moving and getting things as it is a fast pace environment
Pros
free meal, great pay, good hours, great co-workers
Fast paced
Hourly Associate (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 7, 2018
The time that I put in was governed by a very face paced culture the days went by quickly but they have a poor on the job training experience that leads to issues when you are new
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Testy employees
Fast working environment. Never get a break. But always remember to smile
Cashier, Pay Window, etc., (Former Employee) –  Union City, CA 94587February 6, 2018
Love working here. Try to keep my attitude positive since it is one of the most busiest fast food business. Managing could be a bit better. Level of respect from coworkers could get better.
Pros
Free meals when you work.
Cons
Short breaks. You don’t get your first break until the 5th hour sometimes later.
Ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAFebruary 5, 2018
My experience with In N Out was ok short but good. Reason I had to go was family problems. But the work environment was great and joyful. The workers were very nice.
productive and fast paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Its a very fast paced environment and need the collaboration of coworkers in order to be able to succeed. It requires a lot of attention to detail and cleanliness.
n/a
Head Cashier/Host/other duties (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2018
Work is really easy everyone is working together. The benefits are good and they make sure that they give you both time for yourself and other reasons.
Do you like burgers? Do you like the feeling of a hard day's work?
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2018
IN-N-OUT burger teaches you that you are capable. The company has achieved legendary status and for good reasons. Being able to work for IN-N-OUT is a privilege in of itself and you will find all the benefits it offers hard to pass up. Don't even get me started on food.

With good pay, strong and capable management, and well crafted operations you will have quite the experience here. If you can show up on time, smile, and say "right on" you will find a fruitful future here.
Pros
Good pay, good food, great benefits
Cons
You have to go home at the end of your shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5