In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,357 reviews
Fast Paced and Productive Company to work for
Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 12, 2018
Overall a great place work, great management and competitive pay. Company prides itself on quality and holds its associates to high standards and treats them well!
I loved this job, but it's not for everyone
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 10, 2018
One of the best jobs I've ever had. They treat their employees very well and hard work is rewarded. It's a little too corporate with the uniforms and grooming restrictions but overall fun and friendly. Must be willing to put up with a88hole customers with a smile on your face
Easy Going and Great Environment
Level 7 Associate (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 9, 2018
The job itself is fast paced but with the right manager and associates can be a very rewarding job. Easy to request time off and work around your schedule.
Overall experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 8, 2018
Although it is a good company to work for in that it pays well and they try to adhere to the mission statement, they do not offer any flexibility for working parents. They do not allow you to have a work schedule that allows you to plan things with family and they can work you from 4:30pm to 3am and then scheduler you at 10 am the same day. This should be illegal. For these reason I could not work there anymore.
fast-paced and collaborative work environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 6, 2018
In-n-out was a great first job that teaches individuals to work in a fast-paced environment while working together with a team. This job taught me to put my trust in my co-workers and to try my best in my position because others placed their trust in me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not in the medical field
productive and fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CANovember 6, 2018
work place was always so positive always learning new positions and teaching others how to get the job done in a safe work place.managers would have the schedules ready as you walk in the lockers and change.
Pros
good shift
Cons
Amazing company to work for!
Associate (Level 6) (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CANovember 6, 2018
Basic shift work. Great way to learn customer service and also helps with opening up your personality. Management is always willing to work with you. Family like culture; picnics, pizza parties, and other holiday events. It is tough working for one of the best companies out there, a lot is expected of you and you do come home physically tired and greasy. I do love how secure my job is and the room for advancement in the company.
Pros
the pay, free lunch, advancement, flexibility, culture, training
Cons
must shower after work before going anywhere
Everyone works together as a team. Very easy to get needed time off with a two week notice. Great pay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 3, 2018
I loved working here, they pay well and treat you as family. You are a team member there, and can get time off very easily as long as you give a notice. Everyone is very friendly and happy to be at work
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Short breaks
fun job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 31, 2018
paid well for college student
team work
fast paced
good management
yearly water park trip for employee
good moral
training is paid for and extensive
Very fast paced and high energy
4th Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 31, 2018
A lot of great opportunities to continue to advance within the company. Some highlights of a typical work day is the atmosphere during busier hours and the opportunities for training on a daily basis.

You learn a lot about adapting to different personalities and trying to get in tune with different associates passions and interests.
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits
Cons
Long hours, work late at night
I don't know
Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2018
I used to love working for this job, but at one point everything changed. If you are okay to work for a company that you could never do anything right, then this is the job for you.
Fun place to work but stressful
Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 30, 2018
Work was extremely fast paced and stressful during all days of the week. However, the people are great and the management is fantastic. There are never really too many problems with scheduling.
Pros
Free burgers
Great place for young people!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 29, 2018
Great place to work if you are young and needing to make decent money. Very fast paced, fun, and easy to learn. Also they are not shy about raises so that is a plus.
Fast pace work space with great people
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 29, 2018
It’s a great place to work. Lots of standing and can get stressful at times. The people and that you can get more than minimum wage makes it a great place to work.
Pros
Free food when you work
Cons
Standing for 6+ hours
In-n-out
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAOctober 28, 2018
IN-N-OUT was a great company to work for. They were very flexible with your availability and always had hours if you needed to make more money.
They treated their employees well and there was always room for career advancement.
IN-N-OUT paid well for being an entry level job, and had great benefits for a “fast food” establishment.
The culture was what kept me at IN-N-OUT for three years.
IN-N-OUT taught me a lot and prepared me for any job that I would have thereafter.
Overall, great place to work.
Pros
Free meals, great benefits, flexible scheduling, and great culture.
Cons
Hard work, sometimes repetitive, long tiring days.
Fun and productive work place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 28, 2018
This was a really good job, the duties were simple. the thing i hated the most was the outfits. The pay was great and the hours were full. Everything was fasted paced and the days went by fast.
Challenging but fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  Novato, CAOctober 27, 2018
This is by far the most challenging company I have worked for. Its demanding work environment can be tiring, but it is definitely worth it. If you like the challenge, then this is a good place to work. There's always room for improvements and promotions as long as you put in the effort. Also, this is the only company I have worked for that only promotes within. All top managers have started from the bottom.

The culture of In-N-Out is also very different. It is a positive place where many of your coworkers become your family. There are many chances to introduce yourself to your district manager. Its all a friendly place because everyone is on a first name basis.
Pros
Free lunches, promotions, salary, hours, positive environment
Cons
Fast paced, demanding customers, always on your feet
Fast and Responsive
In-N-Out Associate (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAOctober 26, 2018
You really got to be on your feet during crunch time, but also have the same prefect quality output that you would during the down time hours, overall its a great place to learn how to be fast, fluent and flexible.
Funish
Associate (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 21, 2018
Dont work here if you are slow. If you are a slow learner dont come. These reviews seem pointless. Help end this. i am going to keep typing till time runs out
Competitive, fast pace, fun and easy workplace
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  2585 N tustin st orange ca 92865October 19, 2018
A typical day at work for me is just receiving orders from costumers in the dine-in area or the drive-thru lane, inside the store or in the drive thru line outside. When it's not busy in the dine-in area or cashier line, I help the drive-thru corner preparing the animal/cheese fry, drinks, organize the drive-thru orders before we hand it out or hand-out the orders to the costumers. The most enjoyable part of my job is communicating with the costumers. I just enjoy and love hearing and sharing with them. Every management is nice and very open to us. We enjoy working with them sometimes you don't even feel like they're our managers. Everyone us nice and very helpful!
Pros
Free lunch, enjoyable workplace, they appreciate us in meetings every month.
Cons
Short breaks, less work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5