In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 19, 2018
i worked here while i was going to school and after. Its a great job. i recommend working here to everyone. It taught me the costumer service skill i have today. 5 stars all around for this company
fast-paced and a fun place to work at
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 18, 2018
In a typical work day, you'll be pushed to do a lot. There will be no downtime from when you start to shift to when you finish; there will always be something to do. The work environment is great and you'll become great friends with your coworkers!
Pros
free meal
Cons
no down time
Fun Workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 18, 2018
Flexible hours
team working enviorment
pays well
great first job to learn a lot from
a great company to work for they reward their employees very well
kiss up
Associate (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 17, 2018
its all about kissing up to those around. I agree to always be nice and respectful to everyone especially those you work with however if you are not fake you will never make it in the company.
Productive and Fun
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAMay 17, 2018
In-N-Out is an amazing place to work. The managers care about each individual and your co-workers become your second family! The culture is goal oriented, so no matter what you are at Level you are you will always be learning something new! In-N-Out also provides opportunities to serve and give back to the community, most managers are flexible with your schedule and care about your future. You will learn valuable skills that you can take with you and apply them through life! You will love it!
Pros
Burger provided for your lunch :)
Cons
Very fast paced, come in with a great attitude and an open mindset
fast paced
Level 6 Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 17, 2018
Fast paced environment, if you cant smile or get along with people this is not the place for you. The customer is always right, and just give them what they want.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
work can be strenuous
Fast paced and stressful but fun environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAMay 17, 2018
Every shift always had me on my toes. I never really had time to relax, but my co-workers and I always found a way to lighten the mood and make things fun. I enjoyed working there, even though I was stressed beyond belief trying to work and go to school at the same time. I learned how to give great customer service from my amazing managers and helpful co-workers. The hardest part of the job is when there's a small amount of staff on hand so we have to step up and multitask, especially when it gets busy (and it's almost always busy). But the most enjoyable part is knowing that I can count on my co-workers to lighten the mood and make the environment fun and bearable.
Pros
free burger every shift
Cons
never really have time to relax
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 17, 2018
This is a great company to work for and I feel like it is the best job to have for first time jobs. It teaches you great work ethic and responsibility.
Benefits
Cons
Time away from family
hard work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
It is hard working at In-n-Out but gives you great experience.My boss said I was really good at customer service and did not need to be in fast food. I loved working with customers.
Great First Job
Associate (Current Employee) –  Placerville, CAMay 16, 2018
They really drill the essentials of customer service into the people they hire, which helps mold each person into the perfect associate, allowing them to use their skills in better career fields.
Pros
Free Burgers, part-time benefits, 401k plan
Cons
Stressful, busy, fast paced
Huge growth potential and fast paced work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 16, 2018
I would recommend working here to everyone because of it being an interesting work place with high growth potential for pay and responsibilities. I don't have any complaints about working here.
Always a positive atmosphere and everyone working together to reach the same goal.
Customer service oriented (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CAMay 15, 2018
Long lines of customers with the associates greeting and helping them. Management is always helping the associates. Everyone is always busy doing something but everyone helps each other when in need.
Pros
free burger and fries the day you work, great relationships with associates and customers
Fast-paced, fun work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 15, 2018
INO is a great company to work for. They really care about their employees. It is a very fast-paced job, that pays pretty well. I wish it was easier to get full-time, but it is not, INO is mostly a part-time job. As you learn how to do different positions, you level up and get a raise, which is cool. The harder you work ,the more likely you are to move up the ladder. INO is definitely a company you can grow in/move up the ladder, and become a manager of your own store one day, it all just depends on how hard you worked.
Pros
Vision, dental, and flexible with hours
Cons
Part time, on your feet all day, frequent multitasking
Productive and fun working enviroment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 14, 2018
Everyone knows eachother, great fast paced place. Be ready to join a team of hard working people who looked forward to making you thrive in a workplace where you can easily move up.
Good
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 14, 2018
It was fun and rewarding to work at In-N-Out. It was nice to get to know my fellow associates and get to know the ways of the company. However, I had a manager that was not my favorite, so that was the main reason that I left.
i loved in n out
Cashier/Food Runner/Host (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAMay 11, 2018
i would love to go back to working at in n out its a very fast enviernment so it prepares you for sense of urgency in other jobs. Its something new everyday and i love that everyone was so friendly and ready to help one another.
Good environment, happy people, Good pay
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2018
Working at In-N-Out you learn how to be quick, have patients, good communication skills, and multitask. It was my first job and I have been there for almost three years now. I enjoy working with this company because it is such a happy environment, and the pay is very good compared to most places.
Pros
Good pay, free meal while working, can transfer locations
Cons
Can get crazy busy, some managers can be tight with rules
Energetic environment with a structured work day.
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 9, 2018
A typical day at in and out would be starting on time, talking over for whoever is about to end their shift and maintaining that position for 2 hours until your break. After your break there is usually time for training on the next level you are trying to obtain. Normally level 3 and higher are on the more difficult positions. The hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is communicating about what is coming off, what needs to be made or re packaged or re cooked, and making sure the customer leaves happy. The most enjoyable thing about working there is learning good work habits and customer service skills that I use in my every day life.
Pros
free food
Cons
young group of people
Best Job
General Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 9, 2018
My store I worked at really gave me to opportunities to thrive and grow in a work place. I was uncomfortable being on the counter before but after a week or so they made me comfortable.
hard work but worth it
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMay 9, 2018
I love my job except when we're understaffed. We get paid well and treated well. I don't really have complaints. It helps being good at my job too! Also I love who I work with and the customers.
Pros
free meals, friendly environment, nice pay
Cons
busy, stressful at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5