In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

family fun work place
Level 4 (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 7, 2017
An amazing place to work at. What's amazing is how Lynsy spoils us with all this benefits and awesome events she throws for our hard work. Fast working pace and a friendly fun environment.
At times can be stressful but overall fun environment.
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Pinole, CADecember 6, 2017
Management is fun and relatable. Can get stressful at times whether its management or traffic coming into the store. Some duties can effect your body, like back, neck or arm pain.
Pros
One free meal per shift, nice pay
Cons
Short breaks, can get stressful, very fast paced
Great first job
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 5, 2017
Great place to work at. Always busy and time flies by. Can be very stressful at times when we are at our busiest, but people are great there. And you make many friends
Pros
Great pay, steady job
Cons
Late hours, always work weekends, and work holidays
it is very good product
sales executive (Current Employee) –  new YorkDecember 4, 2017
I am habbibur rahman . I am stay in Bangladesh .I want a part time job for established our carriers. I want hardly work . Otherwise stop my education. so I want a job and I want going to United States for this job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
what i learned
Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 3, 2017
I learned how to cleanly serve burgers and fries efficiently with a smile and good quality customer service. Everyone is required to be happy at all times on the clock.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks and and terrible weekly scheduling
Great place to start off!
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2017
It was ver fast paced, you have to love to be ready for a day of hard work. It is a great job and very flexible with your hours. Managers and staff were awesome.
Ambiente de trabajo malo
VENDEDOR DE EMPANADAS (Former Employee) –  Santa Librada, CundinamarcaDecember 2, 2017
Trabajo donde no dan ningun beneficio a sus empleados no reconocen el buen trabajo ni las horas extras, no dan ni referencias ni cartas laboralesy luego de hacerle la clientela y acreditar el negocio no me dieron ni arreglo ni reconocimiento por los mese que trabaje para ellos
Pros
Sin ningun beneficio ni ningun seguro medico
Cons
No saben tratar ni lidiar con sus empleados
great company who cares for associates
Associate (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CANovember 30, 2017
quick paced and stressful at times but a rewarding job with great pay and benefits, this job taught me skills that i will carry on with me throughout life
A really good fast food job
Associate Level 6 (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 28, 2017
I've been working at In-N-Out for over 3 years now, and it has been a life changing experience. Working there has given me an appreciation for good customer service and higher expectations of restaurant cleanliness. A typical day would involve cooking on the grill, working the board (bottom bun prep and packaging), working fries, taking orders, doing dishes, preparing produce, or being out in the dining room. Every day was different and you don't stay in the same position for your entire shift. The coworkers do truly feel like family, but the management changes frequently and since a lot of the associates are teenagers, there are oftentimes issues with disrespect. It is a physically demanding job and after being there for 3 years my wrists hurt and I don't have a sleep schedule.
Pros
Free food every shift
Cons
Only ten minute or half hour breaks
Best place to work.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  San Fernando, CANovember 28, 2017
Great people, great environment. My coworkers are my family. A job that you wake up and don't mind going to. It is fast paced and stressful at times, and not for everyone. However, once you get the flow of things; it's actually fun and a pleasure to keep people coming back for more . It's what a hamburgers allllll about!
Phenomenal people
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 25, 2017
6 different regular associate levels, with different pay rates. Possible advancement to Level 7 (Manager Relief *partial assistant*) and management. I learned to be the best worker I could be. I was a difficult teenager, In N Out Burger changed my life and my character. Hardest part of the job is providing great customer service.
productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate & Chef (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 22, 2017
Working in a fast pace environment , making sure customers get their food in a certain time, and exceeding their expectations, and being able to move up in levels within the company.
Well respected company
Assistant Supervisor/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 17, 2017
Any job I have ever gotten they compliment in n out they say they love workers from in n out bc they are fast detailed and very persistent... it’s a great company to have on your resume if you are young ...
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Positive upbeat environment.
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 16, 2017
From my first impression this company was a very upbeat and quite a positive work environment. Had a lot of friendly competition at busy moments and pretty fun yet productive moments during the slower parts. Advancement within the company is very strongly motivated.
Pros
free lunches, free picnics
Cons
short breaks, can be stressful at times
Good Company, Some stores have bad management
Level 4 Associate (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CANovember 15, 2017
I personally enjoyed working for this company until management started targetting me because I stood my ground and fought for my associates as well. The store manager loved to belittle her associates and was extremely uncomfortable to talk too. Everyone had to take it because your job is on the line if not. Speaking to HR and District manager did not help the situation. Some In n Outs have it good and some don't. My In-n-Out definitely did not.
Pros
Free Lunch, Friendly Associates
Cons
Short Breaks, Bad Management, Drama, Professionalism
Fun place to work
Level 3 Associate (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CANovember 15, 2017
It was fun to work there with a lot of people in my age range. Very fast pace and kept me busy. The managers are very personable and made working there more comfortable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kettleman City, CANovember 15, 2017
Great work environment. Very family oriented company that encourages you to promote and learn. Super clean store and the food quality is like no other.
Great working environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 14, 2017
Very fast paced job helped the day go by fast along with the positive working environment. The managers were always extremely helpful and pushed the associates to be the best they could be.
Pros
Free meal provided with work
Cons
Can become taxing on the body
great food service industry job to work for
Level 7 Associate/All-Star trainer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 13, 2017
Where is there a job where favoritism or poor management doesn't come to play? Aside from that, job is stable and you can move up quickly if you work hard enough and management notices and favors your potential. Always keeping you busy but it helps time go by quicker. Technically flexible unless you are full time. Hard to get days to request off sometimes as only a certain amount of people can. Holiday pay on some days, others you work the holiday on regular pay. Only christmas, thanksgiving, and easter off. The stores closes early the night before. Free meal during shift. Cool safety rewards and christmas gifts. Stable job
In-N-Out Experience
L4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 10, 2017
This job was a random find for me, and ended up being a three year commitment. It may be stressful at times, but the managers are trained to be caring and considerate to all employees. It's a great place to work as a young person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5