IKEA Employee Reviews

5 Stars
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 4, 2018
As I belong to the kitchen department, I learn new things almost every day as we interact with different kinds of customers everyday. Not only we have to know our product, we also have to know the technical side of it in terms of dismantling existing cabinets and fixing new ones. We are a team of 9, and being the youngest, I am always carefully guided and most relied on for ad-hoc duties. I enjoy the culture in IKEA as it always bring every together. It is filled with positive people and positive environment and that would be enough to get through a hard day.
Pros
Free lunch on seasonal period and busy days
Cons
Not enough manpower
Productive and Safe Work Place
Supervisor IKEA Trolley Team (Former Employee) –  TampinesMarch 21, 2018
For the load of work that is given, pay wage is low as expected. No priorities to workers. Work place is safe environment. Only able to work on weekends.
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
weekends and long hourse
Outgoing Colleagues
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  AlexandraFebruary 27, 2018
First job in the year 2010, while waiting for O-level results. I would strongly encourage adolescents to expose themselves in an exuberant yet challenging retail environment like IKEA to obtain useful life skills such as, but not limiting to, customer relations, stress management, working in teams etc.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  AlexandraFebruary 4, 2018
Meeting all sorts of customers from all walks of life.I learned to be more open in life when we faced different people from different culture.work culture is we feel like a family there.Hardest part of the job is sometimes customer is very demanding.Enjoyable part of the job is i got a chance to meet all sorts of people.
Pros
Able to enjoy work
Cons
Salary
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  TampiinesJanuary 28, 2018
Its a good working environment place. Recommended for everyone.
Ive been working for ikea as a part time for almost 5 years now, definetely a good place to work :)
very fun and the people are helpful
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  QueenstownJanuary 20, 2018
a very decent job as we help to pick out customer item that they buy and it help us to be efficient and quick. also learn to build team bonding when working.
Good place to work & face different types of cutomers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  QueenstownDecember 27, 2017
It a good place to work, although im just an intern, it fun job, get to learn the culture, the colleagues are friendly & others. Then there's alot of department it like a maze, but slowly we know which department that we belongs to, we get use to it, then everyday we will have to face different challenges & customers, to satisfy customers needs or wants.
Pros
Lunch & dinner provided
Cons
Short lunch time
Work in IKEA
IKEA Business - Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 28, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my work in IKEA! It was such a dream job because I got to work on their vast collection of furniture and accessories with our clients.
My work review on IKEA
Check Out Cashier (Former Employee) –  AlexandraSeptember 12, 2017
I was a part time checkout cashier at that time, and I really wanted to feel how working was like. I was only 16 at that time, and I was given shifts that started as early as 10am, and ended at around 11pm-12am. It was mentally and physically draining. However, the interaction between fellow colleagues and the hard work of earning money really paid off.
Pros
Free drinks, Fun colleagues
Cons
No consideration for young people like me, long working hours, not flexible
Fast paced environment
(Cashier) Part Time (Former Employee) –  AlexandraAugust 25, 2017
Worked as a part timer yet i receive benefits like free gift once a year and ang pao from the company during Chinese New Year. The superiors will also go the extra mile to help you with personal issues. Well done!
Pros
Receive benefits like the full timers
Cons
Small pay
Just a part time job
Part-time restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  TampinesJuly 19, 2017
Overall, it is a good part time job to be earning. Conducive learning work environment where play and work is incorporated. Everything is good for a part time job.
creates a better everyday life
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 28, 2017
Ikea was my first job in Singapore.I stayed with them for 5years plus but i have to grab a better salary offered by telco company. Ikea is a family they treat their staff as one big family..even long working hours it was enjoyable.Hardest part of the job is to please a customer and bend some rules just to make them happy and satisfied..
Pros
free lunch.recognitions and outings.with lots of benefits
Cons
salary is small
learn customer service
cashier (Former Employee) –  AlexandraMay 4, 2017
Great and fun place to work in.company also send to a lot of courses.a lot of benefits and fun people around.learn a lot about customer service.its a pity i resign due to family matters
benefits
Sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  QueenstownApril 1, 2017
The job requires the joy in you as the store is big and customers will approach and we have to be ready. Overall you will be happy working as one in IKEA.
Very Good working environment
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  AlexandraMarch 6, 2017
I have been working in IKEA since 2007 and really enjoy the working and friendly environment . It is really a perfect working environment for all job seekers now and also in the near future.
Pros
Good Working environment and friendly colleagues
Cons
Long Hours and lack of adequate manpower
Challenging but good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandra EstateFebruary 4, 2016
i feel very belonged working in Ikea even though i was just an intern there. The environment is different from other jobs that i work in. Everyone is like the same especially with the same uniform even though there are different ranks of people.

The workload is definitely tough. It was something new for me working as a sales assistant but with the guidance from my team leader, everything goes smoothly. Its the people there that makes me feel motivated to go to work everyday even though we know we are going to face a tough day.
Pros
Staff meal
Cons
A very different and comfortable place to work in with staffs like family.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampines New Town, S00March 26, 2014
Working at IKEA is very different from working at other places. They have a very unique culture that makes you feel very at home while doing work.

Of course, they have very high standards on how work are done and are very professional.
Pros
Awesome working environment
Cons
Alot of work to cover in a day
Challenging
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  TampinesDecember 15, 2013
The people are the success in IKEA as the passion to continually improve each day and to genuinely delight our customers. We constantly are on the way. The management team consist of 7 who drive the business from a commercial aspect in a steering group forum. Opinions are far and wide so everyone has a buy to the decisions we make for the business and the co-workers.

Through tough times the enjoyable part is all banding together to find a solution for the business needs and this is truly fulfilling.
Cons
Matrix Service Office Management
Fun working environment and togetherness
Cashier (Current Employee) –  TampinesSeptember 26, 2012
Everyday is a learning journey for me. I have learned a lot not only in my sections and departments but also from other sections and departments too. The co-workers and the managers there are so friendly and approachable, and, we motivate and help each other in solving issues. The hardest part of the job is to entertain the nasty customers, but it is not that hard when the managers and seniors are there to help so to not jam up the long queue.