IKEA Employee Reviews

Work in IKEA
IKEA Business - Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 28, 2017
I greatly enjoyed my work in IKEA! It was such a dream job because I got to work on their vast collection of furniture and accessories with our clients.
My work review on IKEA
Check Out Cashier (Former Employee) –  AlexandraSeptember 12, 2017
I was a part time checkout cashier at that time, and I really wanted to feel how working was like. I was only 16 at that time, and I was given shifts that started as early as 10am, and ended at around 11pm-12am. It was mentally and physically draining. However, the interaction between fellow colleagues and the hard work of earning money really paid off.
Pros
Free drinks, Fun colleagues
Cons
No consideration for young people like me, long working hours, not flexible
Fast paced environment
(Cashier) Part Time (Former Employee) –  AlexandraAugust 25, 2017
Worked as a part timer yet i receive benefits like free gift once a year and ang pao from the company during Chinese New Year. The superiors will also go the extra mile to help you with personal issues. Well done!
Pros
Receive benefits like the full timers
Cons
Small pay
Just a part time job
Part-time restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  TampinesJuly 19, 2017
Overall, it is a good part time job to be earning. Conducive learning work environment where play and work is incorporated. Everything is good for a part time job.
creates a better everyday life
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 28, 2017
Ikea was my first job in Singapore.I stayed with them for 5years plus but i have to grab a better salary offered by telco company. Ikea is a family they treat their staff as one big family..even long working hours it was enjoyable.Hardest part of the job is to please a customer and bend some rules just to make them happy and satisfied..
Pros
free lunch.recognitions and outings.with lots of benefits
Cons
salary is small
learn customer service
cashier (Former Employee) –  AlexandraMay 4, 2017
Great and fun place to work in.company also send to a lot of courses.a lot of benefits and fun people around.learn a lot about customer service.its a pity i resign due to family matters
benefits
Sales
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  QueenstownApril 1, 2017
The job requires the joy in you as the store is big and customers will approach and we have to be ready. Overall you will be happy working as one in IKEA.
Very Good working environment
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  AlexandraMarch 6, 2017
I have been working in IKEA since 2007 and really enjoy the working and friendly environment . It is really a perfect working environment for all job seekers now and also in the near future.
Pros
Good Working environment and friendly colleagues
Cons
Long Hours and lack of adequate manpower
Challenging but good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandra EstateFebruary 4, 2016
i feel very belonged working in Ikea even though i was just an intern there. The environment is different from other jobs that i work in. Everyone is like the same especially with the same uniform even though there are different ranks of people.

The workload is definitely tough. It was something new for me working as a sales assistant but with the guidance from my team leader, everything goes smoothly. Its the people there that makes me feel motivated to go to work everyday even though we know we are going to face a tough day.
Pros
Staff meal
Cons
A very different and comfortable place to work in with staffs like family.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampines New Town, S00March 26, 2014
Working at IKEA is very different from working at other places. They have a very unique culture that makes you feel very at home while doing work.

Of course, they have very high standards on how work are done and are very professional.
Pros
Awesome working environment
Cons
Alot of work to cover in a day
Challenging
Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  TampinesDecember 15, 2013
The people are the success in IKEA as the passion to continually improve each day and to genuinely delight our customers. We constantly are on the way. The management team consist of 7 who drive the business from a commercial aspect in a steering group forum. Opinions are far and wide so everyone has a buy to the decisions we make for the business and the co-workers.

Through tough times the enjoyable part is all banding together to find a solution for the business needs and this is truly fulfilling.
Cons
Matrix Service Office Management
Fun working environment and togetherness
Cashier (Current Employee) –  TampinesSeptember 26, 2012
Everyday is a learning journey for me. I have learned a lot not only in my sections and departments but also from other sections and departments too. The co-workers and the managers there are so friendly and approachable, and, we motivate and help each other in solving issues. The hardest part of the job is to entertain the nasty customers, but it is not that hard when the managers and seniors are there to help so to not jam up the long queue.