IBM Employee Reviews

All staffs are very nice
Kaki Bukit Tech View (Former Employee) –  Kaki BukitSeptember 19, 2018
All staffs are very nice. But I am not working direct under IBM. My previous company (Tech Express) took the electrical installation contract. Even though IBM's staffs are so kind.
Good Place to pick up skills
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 16, 2018
The company has invested in online learning. You can pick up skills for your current job and future roles via the online learning material, build your own learning roadmap to your dream job.
Good Place to work
Lead operations (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaAugust 12, 2018
Enjoyed work.
Felt like every employee is our family member
Training while working learning new things FIVE STARS
Management was professional and frendly.
Challenges.
Pros
Cons
Fine
Innovative workplace with various project opportunities
Business Transformation Consultant (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 3, 2018
IBM iX is a very innovative workplace, driven to create transformative experiences for clients' users and challenge the status quo. With a myriad of project opportunities leveraging innovation accelerators such as design thinking, agile and DevOps but also latest technologies such as machine learning, cognitive computing, blockchain and cloud software services.
Pros
exciting projects
Cons
company size
All the hardships will benefit in the long run
iSeries L3 Support/Administrator (Current Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 1, 2018
You will learn how to survive on your own without any help or support from the company which is good for your personal growth. The people management is not good in handling contracts.
productive
Inventory controller (Former Employee) –  TampinesJuly 30, 2018
IBM is a working friendly environment with strong individuals who are committed to strive and climb up to the top . The main objectives is to fulfill all orders loaded in without any exception. All individuals are cooperative with one another to meet the company's target and expectations. The hardest part of the job is challenging yourself where you need to constantly prove your value in the company and to ensure that youre a team player and able to work well with others. Company dont adapt to you , you adapt to the environment and the culture of the company .
Pros
flexibility
Cons
shift hours
learning
Deskside Engineer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 15, 2018
Address  user  tickets  regarding  hardware,  software  and  networking
Walk  customers  through  installing  applications  and  computer  peripherals
Ask  targeted  questions  to  diagnose  problems
Guide  users  with  simple,  step-by-step  instructions
Conduct  remote  troubleshooting
Test  alternative  pathways  until  you  resolve  the  issue.
Pros
office hours
Cons
no permanent workplace
I have been working for 7 years and are happy to have a very understanding manager.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Changi Business ParkJuly 5, 2018
During these 7 years working at IBM I was given opportunity to learn and to prove my ability in resolving problem related to my work.
Hardest part of the job is company politicking.
Pros
Performance Recognition
Cons
Long hours.
Good Place
STRATEGY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 1, 2018
Good place to work at in Singapore. The people are friendly. Processes can be time consuming but helpful to understand. Overall a good place to work and build a career.
flexible and adaptive
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  CommonwealthJune 21, 2018
The environment is such that there are different programming language and hence you need to be flexible to be able to adapt to different language. you must also be able to work with colleagues from different countries.
Productive and Fun
Technician (Current Employee) –  TampinesJune 11, 2018
On a regular day, I would be in the office working on the computer doing various tasks on Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Remedy, and other programs. I When I received a message, via my company phone, I would check the message. The message would be a service call. I would call the requesting customer, and verify the details of the service call. I would then contact the parts warehouse and see if the part was in stock. If it was in stock, I would go pick it up, and go to the customers place and perform the repairs. Sometimes I would get called out in the middle of the night to go to a customers business.
I learned about routers and networking, server installation and cabling, and troubleshooting on server
Pros
Good benefits, Excellent work environment, and working with local businesses and getting to know other people in the area.
Cons
Getting called out in the middle of the night, Working on weekends sometimes.
good to work there because of flexible timing
software consultant (Former Employee) –  TampinesJune 10, 2018
A good place to work because of flexible timings. But the growth of the individual is very slow. Less chance to learn new things. Good environment to work.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
tight deadlines
Fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  TampinesJune 10, 2018
Excellent colleagues and good guidance for growth. My manager introduced me to all aspects of the Human Resources department and i managed to learnt various skills needed for recruitment.
A mediocre organization
Consultant (Former Employee) –  IBM Marina BayMay 27, 2018
Needs to have proper career guidance plans for employees. Hiring Managers internally are not approachable. Don't sense a feeling of ownership being an IBMer. Very political. Am expecting to see where IBM heads in a few years.
Pros
Very few humane managers
Cons
Endless commitment to a pointless outcome.
Quality
Manager (Former Employee) –  East SingaporeMay 22, 2018
Organized and structured. Excellent processes, controls, documentation, and automation.
Good place to work and learn.
Strong company with good opportunities to move within it.
Pros
strong processes and organized. strong company.
Once a Great Company
Procurent Professional (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 16, 2018
Was once proud to be employed by IBM, but company lost its vision and leadership. It use to be about people (employees and customers), but now its about the bottom line, earnings per share and shareholders.
Pros
Mobility, colleagues
Cons
Moving targets, employees are secondary compared to $
An institution for unlimited learning .
Cloud Business Development Leader--AP (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 11, 2018
IBM has been a Brand respected by people within and outside of the company , An institution by itself , it has everything that one would look for in a company, Consistently maintaining market leadership for over a century.

The knowledge that one can obtain on Products solutions, and processes is unparalleled . That is not all, there are committed IBMers (30 Plus years in IBM) who are there to support . The certifications one earn from IBM are highly valued everywhere ,

The organizational culture ensures your learning curve is continuous as everyone is measured on leaning completion as well. Another key aspect of culture is, none of the managers tries to micromanage their team members and that helps making the team more responsible and productive,
Tough organisation with alot of red tapes
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Changi Business ParkMay 2, 2018
Its my first entry into banking sector as the team is serving DBS and i have learn alot. It was tough and every man for himself. A typical work week is minimum 60 hours and above and weekends are not exempted.
Advance Programming Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 30, 2018
Since remote work is encourage, employees don't need to waste time in traffic and just focus productivity hours in relevant work. Agile methodology is implemented in most projects.
IBM is an almost perfect company
Senior Middleware Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 25, 2018
Working in IBM is a great experience for me. I learned new technologies and able to give support in a span of 2-3 weeks. While learning new technologies, I was also able to communicate and build trust with all my counterparts located in USA and in India. I may say that my work is very hard when I transferred in IBM but the good thing is that I was able to enjoy every single day of my life working in IBM.

What I enjoyed about IBM? Well, I have a good work/life balance and also I have a good manager that really knows how to handle and appreciate his people. Good management will make a good employee stay.

To sum it up, I really enjoy working with IBM.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

57.7K