IBM Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Technician (Current Employee) –  TampinesJune 11, 2018
On a regular day, I would be in the office working on the computer doing various tasks on Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Remedy, and other programs. I When I received a message, via my company phone, I would check the message. The message would be a service call. I would call the requesting customer, and verify the details of the service call. I would then contact the parts warehouse and see if the part was in stock. If it was in stock, I would go pick it up, and go to the customers place and perform the repairs. Sometimes I would get called out in the middle of the night to go to a customers business.
I learned about routers and networking, server installation and cabling, and troubleshooting on server
Pros
Good benefits, Excellent work environment, and working with local businesses and getting to know other people in the area.
Cons
Getting called out in the middle of the night, Working on weekends sometimes.
good to work there because of flexible timing
software consultant (Former Employee) –  TampinesJune 10, 2018
A good place to work because of flexible timings. But the growth of the individual is very slow. Less chance to learn new things. Good environment to work.
Pros
flexible timing
Cons
tight deadlines
Fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  TampinesJune 10, 2018
Excellent colleagues and good guidance for growth. My manager introduced me to all aspects of the Human Resources department and i managed to learnt various skills needed for recruitment.
A mediocre organization
Consultant (Former Employee) –  IBM Marina BayMay 27, 2018
Needs to have proper career guidance plans for employees. Hiring Managers internally are not approachable. Don't sense a feeling of ownership being an IBMer. Very political. Am expecting to see where IBM heads in a few years.
Pros
Very few humane managers
Cons
Endless commitment to a pointless outcome.
Quality
Manager (Former Employee) –  East SingaporeMay 22, 2018
Organized and structured. Excellent processes, controls, documentation, and automation.
Good place to work and learn.
Strong company with good opportunities to move within it.
Pros
strong processes and organized. strong company.
Once a Great Company
Procurent Professional (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 16, 2018
Was once proud to be employed by IBM, but company lost its vision and leadership. It use to be about people (employees and customers), but now its about the bottom line, earnings per share and shareholders.
Pros
Mobility, colleagues
Cons
Moving targets, employees are secondary compared to $
An institution for unlimited learning .
Cloud Business Development Leader--AP (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 11, 2018
IBM has been a Brand respected by people within and outside of the company , An institution by itself , it has everything that one would look for in a company, Consistently maintaining market leadership for over a century.

The knowledge that one can obtain on Products solutions, and processes is unparalleled . That is not all, there are committed IBMers (30 Plus years in IBM) who are there to support . The certifications one earn from IBM are highly valued everywhere ,

The organizational culture ensures your learning curve is continuous as everyone is measured on leaning completion as well. Another key aspect of culture is, none of the managers tries to micromanage their team members and that helps making the team more responsible and productive,
Tough organisation with alot of red tapes
Server Administrator (Former Employee) –  Changi Business ParkMay 2, 2018
Its my first entry into banking sector as the team is serving DBS and i have learn alot. It was tough and every man for himself. A typical work week is minimum 60 hours and above and weekends are not exempted.
Advance Programming Specialist (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 30, 2018
Since remote work is encourage, employees don't need to waste time in traffic and just focus productivity hours in relevant work. Agile methodology is implemented in most projects.
IBM is an almost perfect company
Senior Middleware Engineer (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesApril 25, 2018
Working in IBM is a great experience for me. I learned new technologies and able to give support in a span of 2-3 weeks. While learning new technologies, I was also able to communicate and build trust with all my counterparts located in USA and in India. I may say that my work is very hard when I transferred in IBM but the good thing is that I was able to enjoy every single day of my life working in IBM.

What I enjoyed about IBM? Well, I have a good work/life balance and also I have a good manager that really knows how to handle and appreciate his people. Good management will make a good employee stay.

To sum it up, I really enjoy working with IBM.
Good
Managing Consultant & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 18, 2018
Good work life Balance.
Great learning Curve
Exposure to new technologies.
Exposure to Global culture and truly an MNC companies.
Great network of colleagues
Fulfilling and friendly place to work in
Advisory Project Manager (Current Employee) –  ChangiApril 15, 2018
Flexibility in managing your work commitment, ready corporate structure to get required information and great benefits to take care of you and your immediate family. Lots of internal educational resources and mentors for ambitious individuals to move ahead and carve a great future.
Pros
Flexibility, mobility and fun
Cons
Occasionally long work hours, depending on clients' needs
ONe of the best places I have worked at
Advisory Consultant (Pre-Sales Architect) (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 12, 2018
Really represent what corporate America should strive for, at least the R&D department. Have forward thinkers and visionaries focused on doing good for society.
Fun, engaging, new experience for me
H2 Operator (Former Employee) –  BedokApril 7, 2018
My colleagues were friendly and helpful. They taught me with patience and helped me in times of need. The superiors were understanding and thoughtful; allowed for rest when we are tired or feeling unwell.
The whole place is really big with many different departments so it was truly an eye opener for me. Didn't get the chance to learn from other departments due to the short time period spent there but i definitely will if have the chance in the future.
Pros
Breaks when there's not much work.
Cons
nothing
Good work place and environment
Stafff Engineer (Former Employee) –  TampinesApril 5, 2018
A great place to work on which emphasis on team work and also work life balance.
The overall team between SG and US built rapport through out times and leverage expertise to resolve issues
Think
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Human ResourceMarch 27, 2018
Normal working environment , learn to be independently , strong team player, US culture , hardest part of job is no training , the most enjoyable can work from home.
IBM culture and core values
First Line Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMarch 27, 2018
What I like about working in IBM is the culture and values they instill to their employees. They are concerned with the employee's professional growth.
Dedication towards work .
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  ChangiMarch 25, 2018
Job Work/Life Balance is there.
Highly Process Oriented.
Management is understanding .
The hardest part of the Job is one Resource has to take care multiple Applications so tiresome at times but its managable.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
No work life balance and no growth
Sr. Consultant (Former Employee) –  ChangiMarch 15, 2018
Very bad experience with IBM, no growth rate. Treat employees as slaves. No technically important work provided. Managers feel they are gods and treat employees like monkeyes
Productive and fun workplace
IT technician (Former Employee) –  TampinesMarch 11, 2018
Perform assembling of computer servers
Liaised with computer engineer to ensure installations are done based on customer specifications following the guidelines and instructions given
Ensure product meets clients standards and customer satisfaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

57.3K