Hyatt Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 4,513 reviews
Hyatt is the place which grow me as who I am
Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 12, 2017
As a hotel brand, I think " hyatt " is the leading brand among other brand.
I love hyatt and I had my first job in hyatt as event service ( banquet ) waitress at 2007.
Hyatt taught me, train me , make me understand what's hyatt brand, culture , goal etc.
It's Hyatt make me who I am now. 10 years with Grand Hyatt Singapore I feel greatful and today I am the event service manager of Grand Hyatt Singapore.
I wish to go further in Hyatt
Pros
Company direction goal is very clear. Creative in F&B.
Cons
You might have to give a lot time for Hyatt. Life work balance is not really reachable
Great colleagues and environment
Concierge (Former Employee) –  OrchardMay 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the colleagues I worked with, they made the time fly and made Hyatt feel like home.
Each day was a new experience and a challenge which I will always be thankful for.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Extremely crowded
Exciting place
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 17, 2017
High Standard. Everything is perfect. A place of high standards in terms of customer service. Place offers a very comfortable working environment etcc
Pros
Free food
Cons
fast breaktime
Good ideal workplace
Event services staff (Former Employee) –  OrchardMarch 13, 2017
Ideal workplace with a rich owner to support the GRAND HYATT establishment. The events workspace is the only one in Singapoe making it such a unique hotel with world class facilities.
Pros
Rich owner
fun working environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  OrchardFebruary 20, 2017
Each day in grand hyatt mezza 9 restaurant it's a learning day and fun full . Work place culture so open minded , we are like a family members . Everyday beside work we share our feelings .We are focusing on job training daily basic, on order to improve our working skills. Hardest part its a manning guide we gone thru couple of years and now its look better .
Pros
meal provided, night transport
Cons
split shift, long working hours
was a good experience
Waitress (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  OrchardFebruary 9, 2017
Working as a waitress was a new experience for me. It wasnt very enjoyable because we had to carry many heavy things and our team leaders were very strict with. But overall it was a good experince.
Pros
good food
Cons
had to stand for long hours and will always be carrying heavy trays
it is a great expireancr
In house, purchasing and stewarding (Former Employee) –  OrchardNovember 1, 2016
The workers are helpful and kind. I learn alot from them. The captain and those who is incharge of me is a great leader and is very fair and caring. They were great and know when is the right time to be serious and when to not.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
far
Happy and fun place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  OrchardSeptember 23, 2016
When I started working, everything is unfamiliar to me because it's my first time to work. So i worried a lot of things like having mistakes or speaking in english. The thing that i can overcome some fear is because of our colleagues. They take care of me so I can do my best in working.
Pros
Free lunch and 5 days working in a week
Cons
meal is not good quality
Fun workplace
Concierge & Baggage (Team Leader) (Current Employee) –  OrchardSeptember 16, 2016
Learn about different kind of service we provide.
Co-workers is a family
Most enjoyable meeting new guest and meet their expectation.
Pros
Free lunches
Quite Tough Environment
Captain (Former Employee) –  OrchardMarch 18, 2016
Sophisticated, Luxury , High-End Service Quality. Not much room to make mistake and very long hours. Split shift pattern not really useful for me as i stay far away and the place is located in orchard.
Pros
Good Brand
Cons
Split shift

Want to know more about Hyatt?

Ask a question
Enjoyable experience
Part time grid bar crew (Former Employee) –  EsplanadeMarch 9, 2016
As it is an event job, the people there are very helpful especially the chefs there. They know that we are just part timers so they will give us easier jobs and things that we can handle. At the same time they taught us a lot about food and customer service. It was really fun to work with them!
its more fun and the people ther is good and nice
Concierge/Bellman (Former Employee) –  OrchardDecember 26, 2015
working day is good
i learned how to handle guest in a different cultures
the management is good and the place id clean
my co workers ther is nice friendly
i enjoy a lot of my job.
Productive and fun workplace
Trainee: Food & Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00November 29, 2015
I enjoyed working with my colleagues for I learned a lot from them. It is very difficult to start with a company who just newly accepted trainees especially Filipino trainees,for as we know, we have a huge gap when it comes to a degree. At first, they feel intimidated towards us. However, the workplace becomes more challenging and exciting because we were able to cope up the tasks assigned to each one of us.
Pros
Free meal on duty (lunch and dinner), free insurance and medication, free transportation, sick leave with pay, with regular OT weekly
Cons
Long hours (13-15hours duty per day)
That's what we call " I wish I had this kind of work "
Butler (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 31, 2015
* a typical day at work mostly room explanations,Butler services such as replenishing amenities inside rooms,ironing,concierge,taxi booking
* i learned to be tough and must be flexible in any situations given to me. constantly pursue knowledge about customer care.
* the management was well aware of the multi-culture environment that we have and yet they made a great deal of job on caring for everyone and listening to every employees they have.
* since we are multi - ethnic the company does a great deal of putting us together to help and learn with each other.
* since this jobs is already hard because of the nature of it i can say that the hardest point in this job is leaving it,.
* we recreational activities,team building, seminars and bazaars.
Pros
free food
Cons
timings
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Orchard SingaporeFebruary 28, 2015
Job Goal
 Provide good customer service and maximize company profit
Work description
 Responsible in providing good service to the customers
 Respond to the customers’ need quickly
 Work efficiently and maintain a clear mind in order to deal with unexpected events
 Set up tables to prepare for balls and wedding
 Serve customers with all I can to meet their needs
Working period: 2 months (after Cambridge ‘O’ level examinations)
Professionalism and dedication were recognized among employees. A nice and fun place to work.
F&B HOSTESS/Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeNovember 13, 2014
A very busy life with a very funny people that no matter how tired the tasks, you will still find yourself smiling. I learned to love your work, then everything will follow; rewards and appreciation will be given fro the thoughtful management. Despite of the difficult situation, a queue of orders especially coffee for instance during breakfast with high occupancy rate. Oh God we said help us! we manage it with a very nice cup of cappucino serve to our guest. Thanks to my team member. We had a lot of fun like our team building in the beach are memories for keeps.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, and transportation
Cons
Productive and Pleasant place to work
ROOMS CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  10 Scotts Road, SingaporeOctober 28, 2014
Great Place to work. Learnt a lot and true meaning of multicultural.
fun working place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00October 12, 2014
- I have learned about communication skill, Self motivation,
- Management skill on the task
- My co-worker are very friendly and having fun working under the roof of Company.
- The hardest part of the job is not enough man power.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is Everything.
Pros
free meal buffet
Cons
long hour
We work as a TEAM
Butler (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00May 12, 2013
Everyday is a new journey of our work field always looking forward to company goals and mission. I've learned a lot of things specially dealing with people and teamwork. management its really good event if my co-workers are always make sure that we've done a good job everyday.hardest part of the Job when all my co-worker are handling VIP you work alone almost of the time specially when we are full house. and most enjoyable part of the Job when guest recognized your service.