Hotel Indigo Employee Reviews

hay muy buen ambiente de compañerismo lastima de la admon
Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca del Río, Ver.December 10, 2017
es una empresa que pertenece a una cadena muy importante como es IHG
Pros
todas las prestaciones laborales
Cons
la forma de pago
a busy enjoyable place to work .
Bellman / Doorman (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2017
the beginning of a usual day starts off with setting up and policing the area . making sure everything you need for day is in stock and at hand . then helping the guest to arrange taxis or hailing taxis out in front of the hotel.
which is apart of what i enjoy about working in the hospitality industry
the customer services and conversation with the guest about where they are from, why they're in Chicago and what their immediate activities will be while in Chicago.
management was usually pleasant to work with .but when you work with individuals in a company sale, going through a turn over its always going to be some what stress and uncomfortable .
changing manager and all.
A wonderful place
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 5, 2017
They are awsome st this job. We even do works outs in the morning to get us going. But do have wonderful people on this job. We also have a great team.
decent hours
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 29, 2017
it was a very relaxed atmosphere. I was able to work at my own pace. i enjoyed working alone. Breaks were sufficient. and at the end of the day, everyone worked together to get the job done.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
paid bi-weekly
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  PaddingtonNovember 21, 2017
I like meeting new people and helping them with what they need. It's nice being a close collective and the staff is also riendly. This experience gave me the opportunity to mee new and different people.
productive fun place
Hospitality Staff (Former Employee) –  GlasgowNovember 16, 2017
done during a 12 week course with my hospitality class, gave a great insight in what its like day to day in a working environment. the staff were all nice people with a variety of different working backgrounds.
Pros
free food
Hated
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 14, 2017
Had to clean multiple rooms throughout the shift sometimes would have about 12 rooms in one day all checkouts ... sundays were the worst in my eyes becouse everybody was lazy and everybody wanted to rush to go home
It’s a Disorganized company.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 26, 2017
First of all, they will cut your pay with no notice. The GM drinks at the Bar...They have no vents in the kitchen. They take a half an hour out of your check and you might not even get a chance to take a break because they are shortstaffed because everybody keeps quitting
Pros
Food is good
Cons
The GM and the other people in the office don’t know what they’re doing and they’re unprofessional
No very helpful at all
Seeking employment (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 22, 2017
Management and owners are not very pleasant, go in for an interview instead of calling u back like they say they never do. Had a interview with owner and GM, GM never showed up saying she was busy. Owner was supposed to call me back to have another interview but never did. They work you to death and treat you poorly known by employees that already work for the hotel. Not sure if they think the are better than I am but I don’t believe so. I’m dependable and a very hard worker with many many years of managing housekeeping. I would never apply at this property again and I hope anyone who works here now finds another job soon. They treat you with disrespect it’s not worth the stress and head ache u get while working for this company.
Pros
None what’s so ever.
Cons
Management and owners always breathing down your back.
I love working for hotel indigo
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 21, 2017
Its a nice hotel , they treat there worker right and with respect and they show us that they appreciate us. Our supervisor come round and help us with our room we have luncheon and breakfast
Pros
Cons
Nothinh
stay out of F&B
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 20, 2017
This is a great hotel to work in, if you don't run the Food an Beverage department. If that's the case look for long hours and low pay. However, in the rest of the hotel, it's a great environment.
Pros
discounts
Cons
so many hours
Great potential but poor management
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 10, 2017
Management doesn't know all the ins and outs of the job, therefore a lot of procedures are unknown and have to be figured out along the way. There's no one set way to get things done, but instead they let you do how you think it works, and then maybe later reprimand you without anything to bring to the table to help the situation. Housekeeping drops the ball a lot and front desk gets a lot of heat for things they are not responsible for, not just from guests but from management as well.
Don't be a Housekeeper here
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  EdinburghOctober 8, 2017
If you do:
- you will be working for an agency from England, P&P Hotel Consultancy Ltd., with all the problems that it implies
- you will have trouble with getting all your hours paid
- your team will be severely understaffed
- you will have to put up with dishonest management
- you will be looking for another job very soon
Pros
made friends there, sometimes the lunch was good
Cons
very long hours, lack of organisation, uncapable management
Great pace to work at
Cheif Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 5, 2017
* every day is something different
*I learned to work with more partitions
*It is a very fast pase work place it keeps me on my feet.
*i have a lard time learning to work at a slower pace.
*I enjoy working with to make our Hotel #1
Good property; difficult owner.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 27, 2017
The hotel is nice and there were some great customers, but the owner isn't willing to keep the property fresh and up-to-date nor pay for qualified and committed employees. Sales department is a nightmare.
fast pace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MISeptember 16, 2017
IT was a fun place to work and I worked with great people, but the management was not what it should have been. They acted more like they didn't care about there employs.
You will be somewhat valued but also expected to work in all areas of the hotel, not just the one you were hired for.
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 7, 2017
For a full service boutique hotel it is ran more like a limited service hotel. Front desk drives shuttle, shuttle does housekeeping and serves the restaurant. The housekeeping staff is the lowest paid I have ever seen.
Pros
It is a family.
Cons
Not many breaks very understaffed for full service.
cool job
Fire Safety Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2017
I liked working there wish it was a more stable position the co workers there are cool and kind the food there was great as well you get discounts on the food
Pros
cool vibes
Cons
cant say i had one
Good luck!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 2, 2017
As a new hotel, the environment should only get better as the days pass. Resources and leadership quality should improve to assist in a cohesive and efficient workplace.
Pros
New hotel
Cons
Understaffed
great place
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 1, 2017
wonderful guest , co-workers , employees that was at that hotel
plenty and celebrities was stay there , an absolute a great bar in the front of the hotel with great food cant go wrong
Pros
great beer
Cons
no free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotel Indigo. Our community is ready to answer.