Holiday Inn Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 11,031 reviews
good place to work
In room dinning (Current Employee) –  OrchardMarch 1, 2018
Management are the best in here. Mainly thank you to our room service boss. the hardest part of our job is when we didn't hit our daily target per day .i come to work on time never been late.
fun workplace
Room Service (Former Employee) –  OrchardJanuary 16, 2018
Very fun and exciting position. Learned food preparation methods and how to serve them. The management team is very supportive and friendly. Very busy and fast moving atmosphere. I like the part where i meet different guests and how to handle them.
Pros
free staff meals
Cons
tiring job
Productive & fun workplace
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Central SingaporeApril 10, 2017
During my work with my team, I appreciate that I have a good team and well management. We help each other all the time and management willing to hear all your suggestions. So, overall is good.
By far the best work environment
Guest Relations Executive (Former Employee) –  OrchardFebruary 21, 2017
Great working environment. Staff are long-term serving staff. A place filled mostly with friendship despite the heavy workload. Hardly any bureaucracy and politicking happening amongst staff. Even though it is a family owned chain of hotels, the owners are humble and respectable.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Could be work demanding
Great learning experience
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mayur Vihar NoidaSeptember 13, 2016
* Great experience and learning on Travel and corporate segment
* Got an excellent exposure of Sales.
* Current i am working with Room sales division
Fun work place
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 28, 2016
Not always late , do the job properly like rooms that they assigned to you, the corridors,tidy up pantry. I like their canteen its organize, food nice, always busy.only i don't like the thing always not enough linens.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hour
A good place to start your career at.
On-Call Chef (Former Employee) –  philippinesApril 1, 2016
-Serving good sushi to customers gives me a satisfying feeling everytime.
-I have learned quality control, portionings, preps, guest-relation sevice, food safety through date records and corrrect temperature implementation.
-The management was great to work with
-When it gets super busy, but we get by well.
-I enjoy working with my colleagues.
Company's Vision
Area Hygiene Manager (Current Employee) –  Orchard RoadMarch 9, 2016
Company as good vision and trife to achieve the goals sets. Staff, are helpful and have team spirit. The only thing that is a challenge is the support from the staffs.
great co workers
Building Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  airportOctober 12, 2015
good place to work a bit out of the way the other employees were great to work with the job is unstable and lay offs are guaranteed the owners really have no idea how great there workers are
Pros
great work
Cons
unstable work
Good for beginners
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00April 29, 2015
* Greet patrons, present menus, make suggestions and reply questions
* Assistance guests in menu selection and provide accurate and detailed information
* Taking orders and communicate to kitchen and bar staff
* Preparing and serving specialty food at tables
* Responsible for all room service order procedures i.e. receiving order, preparing room service tray, delivering to room
The worlds best hotel for learning and earning as per mf openion
TRAINEE (Current Employee) –  Singapore, S900++May 13, 2014
31st of december , it was sooo busy, ill learn so many things from holidayinn , like as a trainee ill learn most of the restaurant things, banquete , minibar and room service things
A typical day at work ||
Guest Service Officer (Former Employee) –  OutramMarch 3, 2013
It was a typical afternoon, i was standing by the concierge, waiting to greet and help out with the luggage. An old couple came to me asking for directions, i directed them and showed them the shuttle bus provided since it was easier for them to board that rather than having to take the public transport. After a few hours, they came back looking flustered, the gentlemen came telling us that he had lost his wallet and that he's worried since he's personal documents are all kept inside.

My colleague and i tried calming him down and i offered him a glass of water and a place to sit at the lobby. Once he was calm, we tried to get him to recall where he had been and the possible places he could have dropped it. He couldn't really answer them, however, i suggested asking the shuttle bus driver to see if he had seen it. My colleague mentioned that he had left since his shift was over. But, thankfully, we got his number and contacted him to drive the bus back. And finally, the gentlemen's wallet has been found. He was really happy.

Witnessing this, i was really overjoyed because i knew how it felt to lose something personal when you're in a foreign country.
Challenging and rewarding
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  AirportJanuary 7, 2012
I loved working here because of the varied duties, the friendly environment and the fact I felt I was an important part of the team.
Pros
free continental breakfast, friendly people, clean atmosphere.
Cons
the hotel, though well maintained, was old and was sold.