HD Supply Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 29, 2018
it is a very fast paced working environment, usually shorthanded and the days can be long, most of the day is spent out in the elements. Could be better managed.
Pros
great vacation days, quarterly bonuses
Cons
often short on personnel and lots of outside work
Fast pace or slow pace depends on where you are working
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 17, 2018
Unload freight from truck to the floor and separate in order. Break down product and match to verify order. Be ready to work in any position though out the day. The management plays favoritism in the workplace for advancement. The hardest part of the job is being under staff and working long hours. Your allow to work at a decent control pace.
Pros
Vacations and sick paid
Cons
long work hours
Multiple work opportunities
Warehouseman/Driver/Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 28, 2018
When doing this job, I got my Class B CDL license. in addition to being certified on all types of fork lifts, order pickers, etc., I handled deliveries of HD Supply products to apartment complexes, nursing homes, and hotels throughout the DFW area over this 12 yr. period. Acted as lead driver at one point. Supervisor competence varied depending on which employment role I was in.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Varying management competence, depending on what job I was in.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJuly 24, 2018
The job is very easy and fun the the lack of management and communication between manageme nt and associated needs alot of improvement they do take advantage of the good workers and not push the associated whom lack with their work performance..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health care volunteer work
Good company with fair pros
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJuly 4, 2018
The pay is good, especially for my position. Only downfall of this was that, the first shift hour start time was too early. I started around 6 or 7 every morning, but throughout my stay there, it became earlier and earlier. Turning me to waking up at 4.
A good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 2, 2018
Good work environment. Management was fair. Many chances for advancement. I learned many skills while working at HD Supply. Benefits were not so good.
Ok place to work, provided snack and lunch days
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2018
Management could be better and treat employees fairly. Hours worked are a little to much for summer time that’s why a second shift should be needed. Times unorganized
Cons
Favoritism
Long, miserable days
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2018
Only care about the dollar. stuck working long days, sun up to sun down, and they get upset when you say anything about it. Would get mad when you'd take a break. Warehouse/yard guys were just an afterthought.
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 6, 2018
A high pace job with good energy. No work uniform so you dress comfortably to work in a hot environment warehouse. Prepare for long hours throughout the week based on the volume of work they have. In need of better, more organize manager
bad place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJune 3, 2018
poor management
fast past inaccurate rating on picking speed
long hours over worked
do not give breaks lunches according to law
most enjoyable part is leaving
HD Supply Expirience
Warehouse Associate I (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 24, 2018
very fast paced, extremely high demand , must have experience with operating heavy machinery such as forklifts , cherry pickers, reach trucks , and electric pallet jacks
Pros
full 40 hours guaranteed
Cons
reliability of machines properly operating were unreliable
Product
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 16, 2018
I loved the job honestly it helped me learn a lot in the taking care of things at a quick pace the people there were very hands on and never had a problem helping
Very long hours
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 28, 2018
We pack orders for various apartment complexes, hotel, motel and nursing home in the area and Oregon. We have to pay close attention to where each order is going and all is packed to be shipped. Keep a clean area and well stocked.
Pros
Always something to do.
Cons
Very long hours.
it was very stressful
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2018
Typical day at work was horrible. sometimes the machines was not working but they still expected you to make your numbers. They would not even send you any help.
Pros
hours
Cons
management
Yes they had a ping pong table for to relieve stress.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 23, 2018
It starts out okay,doing you job is not hard ,its not the workplace its the people.When you voice you opionion that seems to be a problem but they tell you to come to them with any problems that you may have. I found out you have to kiss butt to get ahead i was never good at that. I do my job and i do it well .You dont have to tell me twice to do anything.They put me in the tough areas that most didnt want to go.I had no problem with that because i look at it like this when God is for you who could be against you.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
okay
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXApril 19, 2018
A good place to work kool environment with good staff ready to listen and helps wherever you are in need .they offer training oftenly and its a good and caring family.I will recommend anyone to work in this company Great benefits.
Pros
free lunch busy time
Cons
less working hours when not busy
Worked like any other job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 28, 2018
HD Supply was a place you had to move products to locations to be organized. Products were everywhere and you had to make sure you grabbed the right products. If you were not able to the job properly then the work day would be difficult.
It is ok
Warehouse Associate I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2018
I've work here for about 2 months and it was a pretty decent job. The work it self is very simple but the leads there suck. when I started they had just hiring.
Pros
Easy job to gain exprience warehouse expirence.
Cons
Leads suck
good place to work for good benefits
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 19, 2018
good place to work for good benefits, very one sided place to work for, there way or the high way. fair for taking vacation days or sick time. stressful place to work for if in a management of lead roll position. work load is very heavy and fast moving always somthing to do.
Pros
benefits and paid time off
Cons
short breaks/lunch, one sided
ok work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAFebruary 15, 2018
HD supply is a ok job if its your first job or just really need work bad. The morning sheft manger was not so great. But the people who i work with where cool. we all worked as a team. If you where behind we will come and help each other out. the employer where more helpful than mangers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.