HD Supply Employee Reviews for Order Picker

What like working at hdsupply
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 13, 2017
fast paste productive place. easy job, poor management team, lack of communication from management to the employee and to many favorites between the management n employee.
Its ok
Picker Operator (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Its a ok place to work 4 the time being. Can move up if management likes you. But it's not a guarantee. Overtime mandatory. U never know when ur getting off.
Great place for a career. Clean and well organized with a good benefits
Picker, returns clerk, stocker, freight, inventory (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 16, 2017
Hd Suppy is a great company. It offers jobs to pple with disabilities and flexible hours. Growing company with lot of opportunities to move up. Has great games to play on breaks and lunches
Fast pace factory
Picker (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 26, 2017
I enjoyed working at HD SUPPLY I Pick items from operator jenifer return to conveyer belt to be boxed and delivered. Move fast, pay attention, follow your checklist.
Pros
Always had work to do
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to get started
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 13, 2017
Worked in shipping and receiving. Worked also as an order picker in the warehouse. Good people. Long hours. I enjoyed ii..............................
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Strenuous, low pay
Difficult Place To Work
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 17, 2017
Good Co-Workers To Work With (If All Workers Come In To Work That Is). Management & Supervisors Are Somewhat Needy & Don't Usually Lend A Hand To Help At Times.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management, high ratio of employees not staying long at company
Productive fast pace
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXMay 3, 2017
HD Supply is a fast pace workplace, hours were good 9-6, good work environment, great moral, pay was a low (8 yrs ago), but I enjoyed working there...
Pros
Hr lunch!
Cons
Low pay
Productive, very nice ppl to work with
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2017
I went in as an associate. It's been great, I'm learning as much as possible. So I can move up, if a position comes available. The managers are wonderful.
Pros
Lunch every so often
Cons
A lil unorganized
Hour lunches
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Flowermound txMarch 4, 2017
Picked and pulled orders
Load, unload, sort and stock goods
Data Entry, printed labels, manifested orders, scheduled pick up from various freight carriers
Handled returns
Inventory Control, cycle counts
Forklift used: Electric pallet jack, Reach truck, Clamp, Stand up and Sit down
Pros
leave early
Cons
crazy over time
Its okay to work at
Operator Selector (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILFebruary 12, 2017
Learned alot at this job but there was to much favoritism when involving the supervisors and certain employees which caused the shift to be divided amongst certain people
Pros
Ability to learn different jobs
Cons
Wasn't getting paid enough

Want to know more about HD Supply?

Ask a question
Family environment Fast pace
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2016
I work at HD Supply in Orlando fl as a warehouse associate every job has its pros and cons and I have a few dealing with this job first the pros. It was a small company only 8 people working in my department so there was no feeling of being lost when at work you also had your weekends off . The supervision and management were also great everyone there were like family coworkers help when you need. Some cons the work was sometimes backbreaking with long hours 12pm to 11pm no time in the day for anything the pay was also very very low!! and the benefits were also bad overall not a good place to work am happy that I left that place doing something better only my god honest opinion.
Busy place to work
Forklift, Picker, Clamp, Electric (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2015
I love what I'm doing on a daily basis. My coworkers are amazing. Company has a long history of being in business. I have been with HD for less than a year. But I feel that its hard for me to advance. Also I see some favoritizing from management towards some employees.
Pros
Work M-F
Cons
Hourly pay and hard to advance
exceptable entry level position.
Selector (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHAugust 18, 2015
I work in the case pick area and compared to other selecting jobs it is much easier to consistently hit your production target. On the flip side of that coin there is no incentive to go above and beyond. While my current manager is constantly showing his appreciation for going above and beyond, no one runs to hear good job. Not a bad place to work, however there is a pretty annoying lack of procedure and follow through from most management. Be ready to pull Toilet bowls weighing up to 60 lbs. from over head and up to 40 ft. up in the air. Lots of politics, to the point of slowing down shifts because of people not liking each other especially management.
Pros
Easier more sustainable standards, verbal recognition for jobs well done...
Cons
large heavy akward objects in tops of racks, no bonus pay/incentive, unnecessary and useless politicing, managers sometimes non existent or will take on easier or less physical tasks.
One of the worst experiences i ever had
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJune 8, 2015
Very negative work environment.
Learned how to Audit work load.
Management was easy to deal with.
Co-workers were horrible.
Working with negative co-workers was hardest thing to deal with on consistant basis.
Best part was working alone.
Pros
management easy to get along with.
Cons
Co-workers are horrible
productive fast past
order puller (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, ArizonaMarch 18, 2015
A typical work day consist of me pulling orders to be delivered in a timely manner using a hand held electronical device as well as a electric pallet jack. What i have learned from this company is how to run an electric pallet jack as well as the high pick machine. Honestly the hardest part of this job is the hours, I don't mind working long hours it is just i don't get home untill late when my kids are already in bed.
Pros
free lunches once in a while
Cons
long work hours
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OhioMarch 4, 2015
Work hours are very unpredictable- working hours range anywhere from 8-16 hour work days,. Experience of the job was the learning and gaining knowledge of processing shipments from picking products from product line, packing, labels, scanning, and giving shipment to the proper carrier, for customer delivery. Management team is more focused on numbers and not so much quality of work, or your safety. Co-workers are very focused and dedicated in my work group. Job difficulty is trying to make quota when it's not possible to obtain. Enjoy the overall job- not hard at all, pays well, and good benefits.
Pros
fellow employees are great to work with
Cons
Favoritisum with managers, & employees
Hardware Distribution
Order Selector/Stock Management (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 24, 2015
Order picking and freight deliveries to companies that need building material and appliances. Packing product for ups and Fed ex deliveries.
Pros
Learning all phases in wholesale Distribution
Cons
Home depot warehouse closed.
an enjoyable job but not for future advancement
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Industrial Dr.November 6, 2014
HD supply is a decent place to work, yet it is not a place with good raises or the best benefits. I would say that it is a place where you get by and look for a better opportunity.
great place to work
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALOctober 30, 2014
love the environment!!! great company to work for. great customer satisfaction
Pros
great pay
Cons
short lunches
Fun place to work wit a ping pong table
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLSeptember 18, 2013
IT was a good job I learned how to use the Jennifer a voice reconisoned the management was good same ith coworkers hardest part of the day is cause its so hot and the best is at lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.