HD Supply Employee Reviews for Driver

Good place to work at and meet new people
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXAugust 18, 2018
fast paced place hardly had time to eat. you would learn your way around Houston doing this job and meet great people. really good employees drivers and warehouse people
Pros
Off weekends, good benefits
Cons
location was too far for me, always rushed, poor management
Decent pay and work but too many toxic coworkers.
Non CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 17, 2018
Very cut throat work environment where I was threatened many a time. Left and found a way better job. Not everyone was bad there were definitely a few people that were lazy didn't want to help out to the point where they would endanger me on the job by not watching out or not helping when trying to handle an extremely heavy load like granite.
Poor training/ Co workers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 28, 2018
I was at the Albuquerque location. It was one of the worst jobs I ever had. The training is poor, and the other co workers are worse to work with. They talk about you behind your back, and set you up to fail. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
M-F Days
Cons
Bad work environment
Drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 12, 2018
Job consisted of loading and unloading trucks. Delivering material from warehouse to clients homes, or business. Lifting heavy items 50lbs + various amounts of distances consistently.
job advancement
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 29, 2018
The HR department along with management do not believe in advancement of their line workers for some reason. The culture is not one that believes human capitol is the best for the company.
Pros
large company
Cons
no advancement
No communication your rushed
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 7, 2018
As a driver I was rushed always called me to ask how long will it take. Long hours. They do not care about a life away from work. They acted is if they owned you. Low pay invited only a few to dinner. Others were left out. Not a team
Pros
A couple nice people
Cons
Long hours no home life bad management. Everyone for themselves
driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
A typical day at HD Supply was driving. I learned the routes and what the responsibilities go with drivers.The environment was positive because all would help each other if needed. The hardest part of the job was traffic and completing all routes in a timely manner.
productive work
Warehouse Associate and (Non-CDL) Driver (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 3, 2018
fast paced and customer service environment. every day is a new day with the same objective and that is to make sales and get ant freight stocked. management recognizes safety issues.
Fun job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 30, 2017
I really thrived in this job. I was a delivery driver for all sorts of items for facilities mantenance compares. I'd load my freight in stop order and left to go on road. I would occasionally have my supervisor ride along so he could evaluate my customer service and efficiency.
Pros
No direct supervision
Cons
didn't always get a lunch break
Can you drive a box truck?
Driver (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXNovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work

You start with a morning meeting, then you go out an load up your truck with a hand held/scanner, then proceed to your first stop, depending on how many stops you will need to return to the HUB, and pick up more stops for a same day route.
Pros
Weekends Off
Cons
Can be hard on your body, short lunch.
horrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 4, 2017
this company was self centered on the management they were always late or short on the product so when we delivered it we were short which caused us to get yelled at by customer
Great coworkers
Driver Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 30, 2017
Poor advancement oppturnity.Like coworkers but very limited chance of promoting up as the company has adopted a look outside the company for managers opinion
Most difficult job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILJuly 5, 2017
People expect you to do so much in such little time The management & leads are never around to answer any questions I was forced to make a company decision
Cool Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 10, 2017
typical work day load your stops do your job and go home
I learned different ways to get places
hardest part doing a route with a lot of stops and haven't been there before
most enjoyable part you are your own boss
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Non-CDL) (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CANovember 5, 2016
Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and unload at customer site. Perform routine inspections of vehicles and supplies to ensure road safety. Plan route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for traffic and/or construction. Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate. Prepares and maintains records in accordance with company policies and procedures. Provides assistance to resolve customer issues.
Pros
Over time available when needed
Cons
management sets up deliveries without advising us, favoritism.
Fun work,have gym for the worker to work out in
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Responsibilities included loading and unloading truck and delivering merchandise to the customers and return all merchandise that not delivery back to the warehouse.
Pros
we free lunch when have on injury for 30 days
Cons
no breaks
Driver I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2016
Productive, fast was a lead to receiving department then transffered into transportation dept. most enjoyable was the teamwork
Pros
teamwork
Cons
healthcare
No appreciation for new and good drivers....
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 28, 2016
I was hired to get 1 of 4 routes available. Once I started they took me off of the route that I had then told me that I was going to do a Virginia route. I became a cover driver which did not sit well with me, but being a team player I did that for a month. I still never was given my own route and continued to be thrown on different routes. I did my Job well and HD did not care as long as a body was on a route all was good..... DO NOT SETTLE FOR THEIR BULL!!!!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Long driving, management and Lying!
Was Better 8 Years Ago
Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 15, 2015
This company was a dream job for me in 2007 when I attained employment. As years have progressed management has changed often and drastically resulting in a shell of the company I began working for. This job has evolved into a mandatory overtime job (between 7-10 hours weekly) leaving little to no time for family life. Benefits have changed over the years so now they are worse than when I started. I work in a (Line Haul) part of the market and have been passed over for a job change/advancement with this company twice so there is no promotional prospect with this company. The biggest benefit of the job is the pay scale and weekends free.
Pros
weekends off, paid overtime, vacation and personal time, good pay
Cons
poor management, lots of overtime required, benefits could be better
Liars!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYJuly 8, 2015
Great pay! Horrible leadership! Liars...broken promises of a 3rd driver that we desperately needed but never got!!! Understaffed to say the least!!!!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Not being able to sleep at night due to physical and mental stress!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.