HD Supply Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Lack of Management
Commercial Supply Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Management lacked the ability to provide great customer service. They were influenced by employees who were against what was best for the customers of HD Supply.
good place to work!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2017
nice people to work with. management of its own words. i enjoyed the time i worked for this company. but i had ti quit cause of a health problem i had back than. other wise i would be still there.
decent place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 13, 2017
manager took care of us like one big family. would still be there but our depot was closed and it was too far to work at the next closest depot.I miss it.
Pros
treated very well
Cons
our depot was close.
very fair
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMarch 12, 2017
Easy work,very fair at accommodating employees when they can.They have a decent pay wage for qualified individuals with fair benefits.good at practicing safety.
Unfriendly work place
Delivery Driver of construction materials (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 4, 2017
working atmosphere was stressful, very poor management
the work load was too hard to complete
co-workers are unfriendly
work was non stop
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unclean and unfriendly workplace
sipmle straight forward place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2016
Simple job though physically demanding at times. Co-workers and manager were great. Summer months were very busy dealing with the heat made it difficult at times.
Pros
Occasionally we would be provided food, easy work enviroment
Cons
Always about hitting numbers
good place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 12, 2016
management is good to work with. management is very professional, in a routine day everything is set up easy to follow and good routes
Pros
flexibles
Overall a Good Experience
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 13, 2016
HD Supply was a good place to work. There were long days and short days, it evens itself out in the end. If you enjoy working hard and want to feel like your part of a team. This place is for you.

The warehouse team has been together for countless years which speaks volumes of the management in place over them.

The Area manager really cares about his employees and there are always free lunches or cookouts to keep everyone having a good time.

Transportation is in the midst of some changes and always seems to have the most turnover.
Pros
Free Lunch from time to time, ability to use PTO for year prior to earning it
Cons
Healthcare
very productive. Staff as well as management were nice
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 6, 2016
nice place to work. typical consisted of arriving at work, loading your truck and re-routing if necessary. Get on the road and deliver your product in your assigned route. working at HD Supply did give me a lot of insight on the multi-unit complexes, and how they operate as far as upkeep of the apartments. Also learning about HD Supply itself. HD Supply is a good company, The hardest part of the job is in the morning when you are loading your truck. Knowing the customer base, and knowing where and when to re-route. As for the job itself, it was all enjoyable. Being on the road gives you a feeling of owning your own business.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
customer service from drivers could be much better, my downfall was not knowing the area as well as I was getting to
Dont do it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 18, 2016
Terrible place to work. No management out of Birmingham to help just shut up and do the job. When you get hired they try and act like it's a great company but it's not. The peope,that stay here are job scared or they would quit.
Great co workers
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2016
Enjoy the job, and my coworkers, but I am moving to Kingman, AZ, and looking for a new job as my company does not have a company in Kingman, only in Flagstaff.
Fun people to work with
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 19, 2016
The work environment is excellent and my coworkers are fun to work with. I enjoy working for this company, brand new trucks. The hardest part of the job is that you have to load your own truck
Pros
you are your own boss when you leave the warehouse
Cons
loading your own truck
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2015
Great place to work. Awarded Indiana's Best Places to work. No complaints. Day begins at 630a until your route is complete which can range from 130p - 5pm depending on your designated routes customers orders for the day. Management incorporates your ideas if you have any. The environment was great between 9 drivers, lead driver & warehouse supervisor. Hardest part of the job is waking up at 5am. The most enjoyable is freedom when you're on the road delivering to your customers.
Pros
Work/life balance
good place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 13, 2015
hd supply is a good job to have. I wouldn't advise anyone looking for a career to try to work from the bottom to the top needs to look else where.
Pros
good work enviroment with challenging goals
Cons
management
Productive and Always on the job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXFebruary 27, 2015
HD supply was a great place to work. My typical day was coming in Monday - Friday, loading our own trucks by manifest, and deliver products to national accounts in a timely manner.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2015
Only a week into work, but a great place with good benefits. Good training program to make sure I know the policies and procedures of employment and interaction with human resource.
HD Supply
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2015
The day begins at six a.m. with a five minute driver supervisor meeting. After which the drivers would separate the product that si to be delivered for the day. When that task is completed we load our trucks sort through the paper work put it in order and begin making our deliveries. Customer service is an art form that is developed and shaped through the relationships with the customer. I was a driver that is/will be missed by my customers. The management there was a strong mix of strengths and flaws and determination anchored by the drive to serve the customers and get paid. Over my twelve years of employment there, there have been many employee changes and gains. The group of drivers that I last worked with was a close knit bunch of guys from many different back grounds. They were a lot of fun. Adapting to the changing requirements of the company that cared once about the employee but increasingly are leaving the things that made the company a wonderful place to work. I loved working the drivers and warehouse workers when I was there. Never a dull moment and massive amounts of laughter.
Pros
Getting to see and serve the customers on a daily basis.
Cons
The changing company standards and growing abandoning of its employees.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 29, 2014
Good place to work, good work environment, good management, good equipment, good training. Overall I would recommend this company.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Pay isn't where I want it
i would not advise anyone who is remotely independent to take this job
remote delivery driver (Former Employee) –  buffaloApril 9, 2014
terrible place to work,management takes no responsibility for anything.burden is placed on driver for customer satisfaction ,even when they have no control,high stress ,low pay say they are customer oriented when all they care about is the bottom line,customer really has no signifigance!!!
Pros
reliable employment
Cons
high stress lack of mamagement responsibility, very two faced place of labor
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 8, 2014
It was a great place to work. The job was fast paced, making the work day go by fast. My job was Monday - Friday, allowing time for ones self on the weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.