HD Supply Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Overworked and Stressful
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 10, 2018
Long hours, overworked with little help. Management does not realize the amount of hard work the drivers put in and they do not appreciate or recognize the drivers for the hard work
Pros
good pay and benefits
No good
March 20 Delivery/Driver (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILFebruary 8, 2018
This company is bad don't work there stay away they talk a good game but let some time pass by and you'll see they don't appreciate you yoh can't make not one mistake or your on the bad list ready to get fired
Fast paced work environment
Lead Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 1, 2018
I have worked there for 14 years. It is a very strenuous, fast paced, get the job done no matter how long it takes. Expects one person to do too much.
Pros
Competitive compensation, Good PTO days
Cons
Too much expected of one person
miserable workplace. very poor personalities.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2017
They sure know how to welcome someone new. Pitiful
Jacksonville, Florida. Manager making excuses for coworkers cursing me out and disrespecting me with intimidation. She is a poor manager that is allowing herself to be manipulated.
Lack of Management
Commercial Supply Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Management lacked the ability to provide great customer service. They were influenced by employees who were against what was best for the customers of HD Supply.
good place to work!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 9, 2017
nice people to work with. management of its own words. i enjoyed the time i worked for this company. but i had ti quit cause of a health problem i had back than. other wise i would be still there.
decent place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 13, 2017
manager took care of us like one big family. would still be there but our depot was closed and it was too far to work at the next closest depot.I miss it.
Pros
treated very well
Cons
our depot was close.
very fair
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMarch 12, 2017
Easy work,very fair at accommodating employees when they can.They have a decent pay wage for qualified individuals with fair benefits.good at practicing safety.
Unfriendly work place
Delivery Driver of construction materials (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 4, 2017
working atmosphere was stressful, very poor management
the work load was too hard to complete
co-workers are unfriendly
work was non stop
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unclean and unfriendly workplace
sipmle straight forward place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2016
Simple job though physically demanding at times. Co-workers and manager were great. Summer months were very busy dealing with the heat made it difficult at times.
Pros
Occasionally we would be provided food, easy work enviroment
Cons
Always about hitting numbers
good place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 12, 2016
management is good to work with. management is very professional, in a routine day everything is set up easy to follow and good routes
Pros
flexibles
Overall a Good Experience
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 13, 2016
HD Supply was a good place to work. There were long days and short days, it evens itself out in the end. If you enjoy working hard and want to feel like your part of a team. This place is for you.

The warehouse team has been together for countless years which speaks volumes of the management in place over them.

The Area manager really cares about his employees and there are always free lunches or cookouts to keep everyone having a good time.

Transportation is in the midst of some changes and always seems to have the most turnover.
Pros
Free Lunch from time to time, ability to use PTO for year prior to earning it
Cons
Healthcare
very productive. Staff as well as management were nice
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 6, 2016
nice place to work. typical consisted of arriving at work, loading your truck and re-routing if necessary. Get on the road and deliver your product in your assigned route. working at HD Supply did give me a lot of insight on the multi-unit complexes, and how they operate as far as upkeep of the apartments. Also learning about HD Supply itself. HD Supply is a good company, The hardest part of the job is in the morning when you are loading your truck. Knowing the customer base, and knowing where and when to re-route. As for the job itself, it was all enjoyable. Being on the road gives you a feeling of owning your own business.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
customer service from drivers could be much better, my downfall was not knowing the area as well as I was getting to
Dont do it
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 18, 2016
Terrible place to work. No management out of Birmingham to help just shut up and do the job. When you get hired they try and act like it's a great company but it's not. The peope,that stay here are job scared or they would quit.
Great co workers
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2016
Enjoy the job, and my coworkers, but I am moving to Kingman, AZ, and looking for a new job as my company does not have a company in Kingman, only in Flagstaff.
Fun people to work with
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 19, 2016
The work environment is excellent and my coworkers are fun to work with. I enjoy working for this company, brand new trucks. The hardest part of the job is that you have to load your own truck
Pros
you are your own boss when you leave the warehouse
Cons
loading your own truck
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2015
Great place to work. Awarded Indiana's Best Places to work. No complaints. Day begins at 630a until your route is complete which can range from 130p - 5pm depending on your designated routes customers orders for the day. Management incorporates your ideas if you have any. The environment was great between 9 drivers, lead driver & warehouse supervisor. Hardest part of the job is waking up at 5am. The most enjoyable is freedom when you're on the road delivering to your customers.
Pros
Work/life balance
good place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 13, 2015
hd supply is a good job to have. I wouldn't advise anyone looking for a career to try to work from the bottom to the top needs to look else where.
Pros
good work enviroment with challenging goals
Cons
management
Productive and Always on the job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXFebruary 27, 2015
HD supply was a great place to work. My typical day was coming in Monday - Friday, loading our own trucks by manifest, and deliver products to national accounts in a timely manner.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 14, 2015
Only a week into work, but a great place with good benefits. Good training program to make sure I know the policies and procedures of employment and interaction with human resource.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.