HD Supply Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 11, 2018
I went in at 7am and answered calls for orders and returns and check status of when order would arrive. The manager only liked certain people and only promote them. The pay was not enough for all the stress of the customers and having to make every call end in less then 4 min is very hard especially if there was a problem with the order or the customer didn't know what they wanted and you would have to wait for them to figure it out.
Pros
had a gym hour lunch break
Cons
healthcare was to high for what we had to pay.
Great Place to Work
Hospitality Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 5, 2018
I miss this job! If I did not move out of town I would still be there. Great place to work. The culture is wonderful and management is great. Couldn't ask for a better workplace.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Could pay a little more
Would not wish on my enemies!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 25, 2018
Low pay, high benfit cost, poor management, and unrealistic expectations for the employees. Overall terrible place to try to get ahead in life. Good luck making any money to survive if you have a family. The insurance is astronomical. Quick to write people up without knowing ANY facts.
Pros
Ha!
Cons
See review
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 22, 2017
Call center environment. Inbound calls from customers with accounts.
Bonus for up sale. Good benefits and different schedules available.
Advancement opportunities available.
Pros
quick paced
Cons
sitting for long periods of time
Productive and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2017
Typical days at work weren't hard at all, i learn to manage many things at once, management was never bad they work with you as best as they could. very diverse experience
fellow empleyee are great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMay 15, 2017
its an alright place to work. Management is kind of hit or miss. not very much follow up with any problems or issues you may have. depending on what department you work in hours can vary between 8 and over 10 hours per day.
Pros
depending on department hours are great
Cons
10+ hour work days depending on department
Great Supervisors and managers and stability
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESNTATIVE (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 13, 2017
Very great company. Typical Monday through Friday work weeks. Weekends off. Co-workers and managers very friendly and helpful. It's a very welcoming business to work for. Paid training and benefits. As a customer service rep, it's very fast passed and very busy. Calls back to back.
Pros
weekends off, pot lucks, events and activities, involved in community
Cons
healthcare not great but there, calls are constant
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 31, 2017
I have met a lot of great people in this company and I gained a lot of great experience. The company is very resourceful and the customers are fantastic!
The Ultimate company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2017
I came from another employer when I hired on at HD supply and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I learned so much about shipping and receiving and working with third party shippers. This job made me push myself to the ultimate goals that I wanted to achieve. Best company ever!
Great company!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAFebruary 26, 2017
This is a GREAT company, where you can move up. People are friendly!! Good training and leads and managers are available to help.
Pros
Annual company gatherings! Bonus!
favortism to the fullest
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAJanuary 2, 2017
only promote people they like and don't offer any full time unless you're friends with a manager and they never stick to your schedule needs.
Great people, relaxed job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 22, 2016
I got two weeks of training in a classroom before being brought onto the floor, then I had another week where I was given assistance whenever I needed it with complex calls. My average day was simple, I got 2 paid breaks and a lunch break, I got to sit down all day, and I had my own personal work station. My manager was great and really accommodating, the work wasn't too difficult and I had help when I needed it, I can't recommend this job more. It's definitely the best job I've ever worked at. The only thing I could complain about was that you aren't able to use any sick, vacation, or paid time off until your 3 month period, though you were accumulating sick time during that month. However, we did get one free day off we could use whenever we wanted, and lots of paid holidays off, including weekends off.
Pros
Paid holidays, weekends off, good management, helpful coworkers, easy work
Cons
Lack of sick and vacation time, work can become dull
decent
Insdied Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 10, 2016
decent great co-workers
busy days with customers
previous position prior to sales I learned how to create and develop a department and creating product experts
beautiful location
Customer Service/ Route Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 9, 2016
I learned how to manage a route and open accounts with new customers which later generated more sales in the future for the company.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Safety Hazards
Great company minus customer service management!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 11, 2016
The employees are great but management is horrible with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 managers. Gossiping and bullying comes from the management team who talk down to the reps. If you apply shy away from customer service and go to another department with level headed individuals.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Friendships override experience when trying to advance
last resort
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 8, 2015
no room for advancement and workforce doesn't seem to care about employee thoughts or suggestions. training very poor, daily workload sitting at a desk getting calls about how they repeatedly mess up shipments
Pros
not many had great coworkers and a very nice supervisor
Cons
the company is not very employee focused
Great cultural, but Management needs work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 7, 2015
The company really does care about the employees well being. However, Management needs work in sensitivity training, and basic human relations skills.
Benefits
Love it here
CSR II Government Services (Current Employee) –  Poway, CANovember 15, 2015
The company is amazing. I would recommend anyone to apply here. They treat everyone like family and really look out for their employees
fun and active part time job
Stocker/customer service (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 22, 2015
A good part time job with young employees such as myself. The leadership is good there as well. Most enjoyable part the friendship developed with my co workers.
Successful company , lots of room for growth for employee
Customer Service/Customer Care (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2015
A typical day was very busy, which I enjoyed. I was able to learn Oracle system and SAP, which was very helpful as these are very popular programs. Management made training and learning new information available at all times. Co-workers stayed pretty busy also, but in my department they were there to help you if you needed it. Hardest part of the job was offering specials every month, the customers were not in favor of having this offered to them at the end of a call. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers and getting satisfaction that I resolved an issue for a customer and they were happy.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Slowed down around holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.