HD Supply Employee Reviews

Long, miserable days
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2018
Only care about the dollar. stuck working long days, sun up to sun down, and they get upset when you say anything about it. Would get mad when you'd take a break. Warehouse/yard guys were just an afterthought.
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 6, 2018
A high pace job with good energy. No work uniform so you dress comfortably to work in a hot environment warehouse. Prepare for long hours throughout the week based on the volume of work they have. In need of better, more organize manager
Great Place to Work
Hospitality Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 5, 2018
I miss this job! If I did not move out of town I would still be there. Great place to work. The culture is wonderful and management is great. Couldn't ask for a better workplace.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Could pay a little more
Management does respect its employees
ROUTE DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 5, 2018
This company offers GREAT benefits although the health insurance is kinda high. When I initially started working there is was great but with a change in management things changed. Its seems like management is more reactive then proactive to common sense issues that can be addressed before it bigger(example truck maintenance). They will also double your route load and delivery duties in an attempt to make their day easier.
Stressful
Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJune 4, 2018
When i first started to work there it was i nice place to work. When the management changed so did the culture. It became a very unpleasant place to work.
Its a fun place to work and its productive.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2018
Its a great place to work but there not a great company to advance in. I feel like they hinder you from growing with inside the company. Which is not something that i find is a long term opportunity job, i wanna be somewhere possible were i can grow within the company and make the company better with my experience .
Call Center Environment
SPECIAL ORDER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAJune 4, 2018
I felt that half of the job was fixing the mistakes of others who didn't perform their duties to the fullest but still were compensated either as much or more than I was.

There was a disconnect between the phone employees and supervisors on how certain tasks should be performed. This was a daily occurrence.

The general attitude of the employees was punch in and punch out, what the daily comment of "Is it Friday, yet?"

The was decent ($16.11/hr.) to start, and they do give raises, but it's the type of work I'd rather do from home. The work itself wasn't bad, but there wasn't much camaraderie and I didn't like noticing how little work others were doing, which didn't seem to get dealt with from management. Accountability wasn't something they worried about.
bad place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAJune 3, 2018
poor management
fast past inaccurate rating on picking speed
long hours over worked
do not give breaks lunches according to law
most enjoyable part is leaving
Challenging
High turnover
Fiscal quarter mindset
Unpredictable
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Griffith, INMay 30, 2018
Working there as an account manager is unpredictable and is a dog fight between other account managers to hit targets. Very tough to succeed, account managers that have been there longer continue to get bigger while new account managers struggle
Understaffed
Day Loader/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CAMay 30, 2018
Some positions dont have to work as hard but while I was the I was constantly working and doing the work of 4-5 positions each day and each of the positions I had to work were paid higher than me.
high demand work place
Rebar Detailer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 30, 2018
yes it was alot of work but it was fair and always competitive with other firms they treated every employee like family in office even though corporate decided to outsouce my position in light of raising steel prices
Pros
always busy never out of work
Cons
always busy cant keep up with demand
Productive workplace where coworkers become family
Merchandising Specialist (Redline) (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 28, 2018
HD Supply is a great, fun, place to work where your coworkers become your family. That however is only because you're there for over 10 hours regularly. Management at my time there was not very open to hearing what lower level employees had griefs about.
hd supply
Warehouse Associate II (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 28, 2018
was a ok job I was just there under a contract. it was some good supervisors there who wanted to help when they seen isssues that need fixing and with workers
Productive, new building with gym.
Senior Inventory Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 28, 2018
Great place to work, great benefits, work site and environment. Just moved into HD Supply owned building which has a cafeteria, gym and secured covered parking.
Pretty good company to work for
Field Account Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 27, 2018
The company itself is ok. It’s a fast moving and growing company that I believes has good intentions but is falling short on making it great. Communication is scattered from the senior level management on down. I would even suggest senior level management to poll us out in the field to gather feedback on what does and doesn’t work. We are the ones on the frontline and can give the most valuable feedback possible.
Pros
Training, and Competitive Base Pay
Cons
Aggressive goals, Communication, and Micromanaged (as of this year).
Not thrilled with the work life balance
Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2018
HDS is cutting in San Diego and hiring in Atlanta GA. they will burn you out. They cut back on employees to make the shareholders happy. bonuses went away, along with advancement.
Pros
office is in good location
Cons
they basically tie your hands and wont give you the budget or tools to do your job right.
HD Supply Expirience
Warehouse Associate I (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 24, 2018
very fast paced, extremely high demand , must have experience with operating heavy machinery such as forklifts , cherry pickers, reach trucks , and electric pallet jacks
Pros
full 40 hours guaranteed
Cons
reliability of machines properly operating were unreliable
Work environment and company review
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tontitown, ARMay 22, 2018
I absolutely loved working here, even when the original company Water Products was bought out by HD Supply. There were some adjustments that we had to go through, which we were ready for. However, the people and the customers made the job not feel like a job. Each day was a joy and yes at times stressful but we worked as a team. I miss having that tremendously. I would still be there if I hadn't had to take extended FMLA long term. It is hope and desire to find again what I had there. An environment and a job that is as fulfilling as my work with this compamy, employees and its customers.
Fast pace but very productive company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2018
Lot of hours and work out in but is compensated well. Great people you work with and has a nice work environment. You're given the tools to do the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.