HD Supply Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,285 reviews
Hd supply
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 13, 2018
HD Supply workplace culture was clinical. The sea of cubicles at their New Braunfels location is a nightmarish pattern that will be etched in my mind for many years to come. The management was not very forgiving when I was having medical issues.
Ok place to work, do not feel confident long term
Installation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 11, 2018
Do not feel security long term.
Too many changes especially with middle and upper management
A lot of turnover with employees either terminated or left on their own
The grass on this side, is decently green
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 10, 2018
I spent 18 years working for another wholesale distributor. I assure you though HD is fast paced there is a tonne more support here than most of the others.
They have always allowed me creative freedom to run my branch. Their support during illness is also impressive.
I've been swayed away in the past, but honestly I am very much locked to this company.
If my commute could be shorter I'd be happy

Having more reliable OSR for the branches would be nice.
Pros
Training, flexibility
Cons
commute, being short staffed
fun
Operation/warehouse supervisor/buyer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 5, 2018
Have the delivery truck ready every morning, review the back order report and order whatever is missing help my will call costumers and my outside sales people
It is a decent place to work
Renovation Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAAugust 4, 2018
HD was a good place to work . The job is fast paced and you are given a deadline each day.
There are set policies to follow.
Management was very involved in each employee
my time at HD Supply
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 1, 2018
it was cool job while living out in California enjoy the ups and down s and crazy parts that came with it . teach me a lot about people an how to handle different thing when come your way
Productive, Fast Paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 30, 2018
Very faced paced You do get-break, lunch, break, 1st call resolution, if there is a problem or a parts question they want you to know the answers. very fast paced, and don't be one minute early from clocking in and don't be one minute late from clocking back in, And ADD SALES are important, at least 2 add sales per call.
Pros
Bonus on Selling.
Cons
Have to be on time, can't even be 1 minute late/early clocking in
Great Opportunity
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 29, 2018
Give great training for sales. Are working hard to implement programs to reduce the amount of administrative work on Sales team. Great set schedule. Work ends when you clock out so home life can be devoted to family.
Pros
Pay, Coaching, schedule
Cons
Focus on microbenchmarks instead of larger picture
Multiple work opportunities
Warehouseman/Driver/Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 28, 2018
When doing this job, I got my Class B CDL license. in addition to being certified on all types of fork lifts, order pickers, etc., I handled deliveries of HD Supply products to apartment complexes, nursing homes, and hotels throughout the DFW area over this 12 yr. period. Acted as lead driver at one point. Supervisor competence varied depending on which employment role I was in.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Varying management competence, depending on what job I was in.
inconsistent direction
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 28, 2018
Growing company that is in the process of stabilizing its leadership and direction. Recent changes have resulted in challenges for the performance of its expectations for its customers and associates.

Want to know more about HD Supply?

Ask a question
Not great
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 27, 2018
Work crazy houses. You never have time off to be with famil when you request time off Your denied hard for work home balance management isn’t what it should be
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No home work balance
White Cap Construction Supply
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 25, 2018
I worked for White Cap Construction Supply before HD Supply bought out White Construction Supply, it was awesome place to work. Got along with everyone and it was the best place to work.
Benefits
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJuly 24, 2018
The job is very easy and fun the the lack of management and communication between manageme nt and associated needs alot of improvement they do take advantage of the good workers and not push the associated whom lack with their work performance..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health care volunteer work
Home Depot At Home Services
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 23, 2018
This review is for Home Depot At Home Services, not HD supply. They were a miserable company to work for, but they helped me gain experience to get a better job.
The work was interesting and challenging
Customer Service Representfficultative II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 23, 2018
I answered inbound calls and occasionally made follow up calls. The job was an e-commerce setting for which we assisted customers in choosing products, product description, comparative pricing, delivery tracking and returns. The group shift supervisors were very good about helping new people become familiar with SOPs. This is a catalog order company similar to Home Depot products.
Cons
They had repeat issues with Kronos, The third shift manager worked in the room next to his girlfriend, It sometimes made it difficult to get management approval for special circumstances.
high opportunity to advance within company
Stocker/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 22, 2018
helpful co workers and excellent management in sharing life time knowledge in teaching item knowledge and customer service skills to provide a better experience of customers
Pros
store discounts and fixed schedules
Cons
work flow
Incredibly stressful for what should be a simple job.
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 19, 2018
They push you to do more when you are already physically tired and doing overtime upwards of 12 hours.

They treat you like a robot and do not understand that some days you will be able to do more picks and stay longer than other days due to factors such as health. They expect you to do more and stay longer every day to the point of exhaustion.
Pros
job security
Cons
not listening to your needs
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2018
I wish i could go back it was a great place to work and the managers and coworkers where very knowledgeable and professional. It was a fun place to work and if i have an opportunity to go back i absolutely will.
Steady balanced work place
delivery driver, worked in warehouse (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 13, 2018
Miss working there everybody was nice and like family was just hard in winters and summers with warehouse had no heat or air in side besides that was a nice place to work
Pros
Very good pay and bonuses
Cons
Health care
Huge company with lots of red tape
WESTERN REGION OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, WashingtonJuly 12, 2018
HD Supply bought the company (Creative Touch Interiors) just after I started. Went through an SAP implementation. Lots of unknowns. The housing market crashed while I was there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.