HD Supply Employee Reviews

Toxic work enviornment
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Santee, CA 92071January 17, 2018
Inbound calls taking phone orders for catalog items. This is a business to business company so most calls were from other businesses.
This is a strange culture of pitting employees against each-other encouraging pettiness and back stabbing.
Pros
nights and weekends off
Cons
ethically ambiguous business practices.
Young company in the process of growing.
Assistant Manager-Transportation (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Great atmosphere in each individual warehouse. Above management above DC were completely unaware of the needs of the DC and its associates. Upper Management could learn to be more hands-on and value the associates work to life balance.
Pros
Excellent DC manager, great DC atmosphere, in-house associate appreciation
Cons
Upper management completely unaware of DC issues. Spreadsheet and numbers as opposed to hands on.
Heavy work
Stocking & Case Pick Associate (Current Employee) –  City Industry, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Lots of hard work alot to learn and constantly changing keeps you on your toes and lot of overtime hours as well as department changes in work culture
Good company to work for if you work out of Atlanta, GA
Product Pricing Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I learned many aspects of Mozenda, SAP, Excel spreadsheets, time management, and interpersonal skills. My supervisor was exceptional in allowing me to grow and learn, with a sink or swim mentality. I was able to explore any direction I wanted to go with little or no hesitation to do so. The hardest part of the job was being put into a leadership role with no direction or training. I loved every aspect of my job.
Pros
Job Advancement
Cons
Driving out remote workers.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoy working for this company. Associates are treated fairly.The benefits that are provided are excellent. As with any job, it is what you make of it. Opportunities in my present location are limited.
productive
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CA 95691January 15, 2018
HD supply was a very fast paced and productive place to work the managers were helpful and the employees were effective i enjoyed working there. good.
I loved this company. Very associate focused.
Contact Center Supervisor - Business Development (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2018
My role was very unique, unlike any other of my peers. Although the baseline was always Customer Service, I was apart of three different emerging verticals within the company. This presented me with an opportunity all faucets of the call center business, including technology growth, marketing, sales, workforce management international export / import sales, eCommerce analytics and solutions, field service, telecommunications technology, project management, portfolio management, hiring processes, etc. This diverse environment keep things new and brisk everyday.
Pros
Annual Christmas event, as well as annual summer picnic events.
Cons
Annual performance review process, I believe if someone earned a grade they should be rewarded as such, Unfortunately due to HR policies this was not always possible.
Entreprise mal adaptée
Directeur des opérations (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QCJanuary 11, 2018
Entreprise ayant peu de sympathie face à ses employés et mal adapté aux différentes cultures régionales
Staff at New Braunfels Call Center was great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I was sad to leave but unfortunately my position was no longer available. I enjoyed working will all of the staff at the New Braunfels Contact Center.
Pros
M-F work week
Good Company with benefits
Cashier/Cash Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 11, 2018
HD Supply is a good starter job that provides benefits, PTO and paid sick time to all of its employees. To work here you must be very good at paying attention to details and catching errors before they are made. Co-workers make the time worth while. You get acknowledged for your hard work and they provide free lunch almost every month.
Pros
Set schedule
Good on site staff
Sales Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Great staff low pay good work environment management is very supportive and promotes advancement and encourages it company is growing they have a good benefits package but do not pay well enough for you to take advantage of it, they do not provide enough sick days either.
Pros
occasional free lunches
Cons
low pay
It was nice
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAJanuary 9, 2018
It was a good company but stores were closed. Employees were relocated. Management seemed to be a little confused. Things were left a little unclear on duties and whom was to perform what.And if you took the on a task you would be stepping on other peoples toes.
Pros
paid vacation sick days and benifits
Cons
mooving up was entirely based on whonyou knew
Busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Consistent scheduling which equals decent pay checks, but poor management makes you wish you could go home early. You get regular customers that can either make your day enjoyable and others that aren't so enjoyable. You have a clear understanding on what you have to do for the day when. You clock in but that can change throughout the day so be prepared to be flexible.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management
works not hard but bad management
Warehouse Associate II (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJanuary 5, 2018
the work is not hard just bad management and no job placement
very stress place to work and alot of micro management and no room for growth in this work place
productive work
Warehouse Associate and (Non-CDL) Driver (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJanuary 3, 2018
fast paced and customer service environment. every day is a new day with the same objective and that is to make sales and get ant freight stocked. management recognizes safety issues.
Typical Day
Lead Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJanuary 1, 2018
A typical day would start off with myself starting the morning stretching and meeting. I would go over the previous days production numbers and let them know what our goals were for the day and week. After we have started I would check each machine to make sure its running correctly and that there wasn't any safety concerns. I would do hourly checks on production and talk to each employee to motivate them and keep everything positive. As the day ended, I made sure all equipment was cleaned and ready for next day.
Fast paced work environment
Lead Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 1, 2018
I have worked there for 14 years. It is a very strenuous, fast paced, get the job done no matter how long it takes. Expects one person to do too much.
Pros
Competitive compensation, Good PTO days
Cons
Too much expected of one person
Great People
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Industry, CADecember 28, 2017
Loved my coworkers. Many different cultures. It was very competitive amongst our coworkers on who finished work first so I made it fun. Supervisor was also fun.
good company
Senior Special Orders Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2017
good management. a lot of movement available between department if you want to get your feet wet in a new field of the business.
punching the clock makes getting to work very stressfull, that include lunch and breaks which are required to be on the dot and in an inbound call center that's next to impossible to achieve. management needs to relax the seconds (cause 15 is just no enough). good benefits. earn sick time each day you're at work. aproximately 2 week vacation annual available. vacation should roll over though, not be cut off, or at least paid out at the end of the year.
otherwise, good location (for me at least) good people, good job security.
Fun yet professional work environment
Market Trainer (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 20, 2017
HD supply has given me the opportunity to live out one of my professional goals and passions in life. The team is extremely hands-on and extremely helpful in times of need.
Pros
interacting with many individuals with different life stories
Cons
non

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.