HD Supply Employee Reviews

great work place for career advacement
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2018
A great place to work for for career advacement. Great opportunities and benefits. A good work envirnment. Wish there was more training and understanding.
Pros
location
Cons
management
Worked well with school schedule
Lumber Yard Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 22, 2018
In a typical day at HD supply I would stock lumber yard, help customers with their projects, and maintain a clean yard. The most enjoyable part of the job was down stocking and cleaning at the end of the day.
As a home improvement business, it's a great place to save money on a good selection of inventory.
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 21, 2018
HD Supply is a great place to look for materials for your home improvement needs. Working there gives you an opportunity to learn the housing and construction industry.
Pros
Save money on a good product
Cons
Limited in locations
harassment, intimidation, total management abuse of power
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  DFWAugust 20, 2018
this place has the worst mgt i have ever had the displeasure to work for. total contempt for all staff. They do not follow company policy in any way as it pertains to staff. there is not one person under current mgt that does not want to quit. if you go to hr, you will be forced out. I saw this first hand on two separate occasions. when one of the mgt was asked what he liked best about mgt position, it was stated, "the power". completely unprofessional. i do so hope that this is only indicative of this one store. and if you do decide to leave, expect to be labeled ineligible for rehire, notice provided or not.
benefits
Cons
worst mgt on the planet, should all work for the prison system
Lead Welder (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, IL 60638August 19, 2018
Good place to work. Work culture was good. Hours were good. Pay was decent. Benefits were good. I left there because it was too far for me to drive to get there everyday.
Good place to work at and meet new people
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXAugust 18, 2018
fast paced place hardly had time to eat. you would learn your way around Houston doing this job and meet great people. really good employees drivers and warehouse people
Pros
Off weekends, good benefits
Cons
location was too far for me, always rushed, poor management
Decent pay and work but too many toxic coworkers.
Non CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 17, 2018
Very cut throat work environment where I was threatened many a time. Left and found a way better job. Not everyone was bad there were definitely a few people that were lazy didn't want to help out to the point where they would endanger me on the job by not watching out or not helping when trying to handle an extremely heavy load like granite.
Fast pace or slow pace depends on where you are working
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 17, 2018
Unload freight from truck to the floor and separate in order. Break down product and match to verify order. Be ready to work in any position though out the day. The management plays favoritism in the workplace for advancement. The hardest part of the job is being under staff and working long hours. Your allow to work at a decent control pace.
Pros
Vacations and sick paid
Cons
long work hours
Great environment to work in.
Driver/Material Handler/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAAugust 17, 2018
Every day is a learning day. The hardest part of the day was loading up the truck in the morning and the rest of the day should be smooth. The best part of the job is the customers. They treat you good and they make your job/day easy-going.
Pros
Every day is different.
Cons
Rain makes job a little more difficult.
Fun, fast paced, competitive,
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 16, 2018
There’s different departments in a warehouse , I liked my department me because wen we work as a team we got a lot done . I can’t speak for other departments but overall HD Supply was a interesting job
Pros
30min - 1hr lunch, benefits
Cons
Low on staff
Good
Agile Transformation Leader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2018
Good team spirit
Lack of communication from management'
No career growth
Must improve work life balance
Flexibility in time not there
Good benefits
Great place to work overall
Hd supply
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 13, 2018
HD Supply workplace culture was clinical. The sea of cubicles at their New Braunfels location is a nightmarish pattern that will be etched in my mind for many years to come. The management was not very forgiving when I was having medical issues.
Ok place to work, do not feel confident long term
Installation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 11, 2018
Do not feel security long term.
Too many changes especially with middle and upper management
A lot of turnover with employees either terminated or left on their own
The grass on this side, is decently green
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 10, 2018
I spent 18 years working for another wholesale distributor. I assure you though HD is fast paced there is a tonne more support here than most of the others.
They have always allowed me creative freedom to run my branch. Their support during illness is also impressive.
I've been swayed away in the past, but honestly I am very much locked to this company.
If my commute could be shorter I'd be happy

Having more reliable OSR for the branches would be nice.
Pros
Training, flexibility
Cons
commute, being short staffed
fun
Operation/warehouse supervisor/buyer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 5, 2018
Have the delivery truck ready every morning, review the back order report and order whatever is missing help my will call costumers and my outside sales people
It is a decent place to work
Renovation Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAAugust 4, 2018
HD was a good place to work . The job is fast paced and you are given a deadline each day.
There are set policies to follow.
Management was very involved in each employee
my time at HD Supply
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 1, 2018
it was cool job while living out in California enjoy the ups and down s and crazy parts that came with it . teach me a lot about people an how to handle different thing when come your way
Productive, Fast Paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 30, 2018
Very faced paced You do get-break, lunch, break, 1st call resolution, if there is a problem or a parts question they want you to know the answers. very fast paced, and don't be one minute early from clocking in and don't be one minute late from clocking back in, And ADD SALES are important, at least 2 add sales per call.
Pros
Bonus on Selling.
Cons
Have to be on time, can't even be 1 minute late/early clocking in
Great Opportunity
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 29, 2018
Give great training for sales. Are working hard to implement programs to reduce the amount of administrative work on Sales team. Great set schedule. Work ends when you clock out so home life can be devoted to family.
Pros
Pay, Coaching, schedule
Cons
Focus on microbenchmarks instead of larger picture
Multiple work opportunities
Warehouseman/Driver/Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 28, 2018
When doing this job, I got my Class B CDL license. in addition to being certified on all types of fork lifts, order pickers, etc., I handled deliveries of HD Supply products to apartment complexes, nursing homes, and hotels throughout the DFW area over this 12 yr. period. Acted as lead driver at one point. Supervisor competence varied depending on which employment role I was in.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Varying management competence, depending on what job I was in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.