HD Supply Employee Reviews

Good place
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 28, 2017
Very fast place and competitive dispatching and tilt up,also did driving for 2 years warehouse work learned alot in the construction field and in the warehouse
Good company and people
RENOVATIONS SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 28, 2017
HD Supply is a large national company. My role was to interface with customers putting together large to medium renovation projects. I work with individual properties and national accounts, covering from Brandon to Naples. My personal management team was amazing and always there to help, guide, and support me. My team of peers was amazing as well - we all work hard to create an environment of teamwork, despite being in different divisions where our sales didn’t benefit both teams.
Pros
Good management/peers
Cons
Too stressful, lack of control over personal success
Worked at Crown Bolt
Staff Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 27, 2017
I worked at Crown Bolt for a long time and would say that after moving to Home Depot they are probably more stable. The organization is great and a well tuned machine.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of advancement
What I learnt
SQL BI Developer (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXNovember 26, 2017
I learnt a lot because I was given the freedom to take a risk, which subsequently paid off as I was able to showcase my innovation side. The environment was very friendly and the Managers proved to be by an average mark emotionally intelligent, and open minded
Fast-paced job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CANovember 24, 2017
This job was very fast-paced and you deal with annoying, perverted customers who try to hit on the girl cashiers. Management wouldn't protect the cashiers and would tell us to deal with it, even though it would make us uncomfortable.
Cons
Management was terrible.
stressful
Warehouse Mgr (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 20, 2017
If you like making money for sales people who constantly complaining its not enough. This jobs for you. Hard work is rarely rewarded and opinions are never cared about.
Pros
can't get fired
Cons
people can't get fired
hd supply review
Safety Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 20, 2017
Building relationships and helping customers with solutions.
Learned the construction industry and the difference between industrial.My manager was very flexiable.
Pros
flexiable time management
Cons
over expected goals
good advancement and management
Front Lead Manager, Customer Service, Cashier, (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 16, 2017
good working place good people to work for always felt welcome able to move up fast good pay good customer services and good customer.benefits were also good
Special order specialist
Special Orders (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 16, 2017
Good company- growing sales
Hard to make an emotional connection with peers being in a call center environment. Still have an international HR rep , may need to look at using outside companies, such as AACG
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Hard to build relationships with peers
a typical day at work
Receiving/Import/DC to DC Transfer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Industry, CANovember 15, 2017
Nothing fancy, clock in for your shift and you get to work. A lot of bending/ back breaking work for 8 -9 hours a day five days a week. Management has their favorites and those that are not are left to fend for themselves.
Pros
Provide lunches sometimes
Cons
Not a lot of compensation
Production
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 14, 2017
Very nice place to work I love the environment and great coworker it a fast paced job but I like working there the management are on points you can do different things lie picking ,packing shipping, forklift.
stressfull
Warehouse assoc 1 (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 12, 2017
you would work there under the constant threat of being given a documented discussion and that three of them you were gone. we were constantly told that we were replaceable. If you questioned them you were told if you don't like it hit the door. You were given a lunch break any other break was at their discretion. Management would change SOP(not that they have an SOP) at least every two weeks, They have no one to keep track of the supplies you will need to do your job. You are constantly running out of paper, bubble wrap, boxes or tape, which make you job harder. Yet you are expected to meet your numbers or get a documented discussion. You also have to work with the radio blasting hard rock all shift long.
Pros
commrodery amongst non management employees
Cons
management and breaks only if they wanted you to have them
king of micromanagement
Field account Rep (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 12, 2017
you spend more time filling out reports, than actual selling. Constantly out of inventory. High turnover of personnel. Fun job and good potential of a great company if they could get their act together. Currently very volatile.
Pros
customers, co workers
Cons
poor health insurance. very little expenses, constantly out of inventory
Can you drive a box truck?
Driver (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXNovember 6, 2017
A typical day at work

You start with a morning meeting, then you go out an load up your truck with a hand held/scanner, then proceed to your first stop, depending on how many stops you will need to return to the HUB, and pick up more stops for a same day route.
Pros
Weekends Off
Cons
Can be hard on your body, short lunch.
Good Starting Position
Field Intern (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 6, 2017
My original position was field intern. My daily activities were loading and unloading trucks as well as pull up orders and warehouse cleaning. In only one month I got switch to inside sales and was already helping the branch manager with warehouse arrangements.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly environment
Cons
None that I can think off.
Customer Service Related.
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 6, 2017
With everyday dealings with customer's, no 2 days are ever alike. You build a strong bond with your regular customers. With every job, you have bad days and you have good, it is all about how you react and adjust in changing the bad to good.
Pros
Lunches, paid holidays, advancement opportunties
Cons
Assigned schedules
Great place to wrok
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2017
The people and management were great. I had an understanding manager who was able to discuss challenges and decisions with the team. I would have stayed if they weren't downsizing.
nice place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 3, 2017
This was a nice company to work for they have great benefits as well as a bonus program that makes it all worth while. They were flexible with my schedule.
Pros
bonus
Cons
employees are not treated fairly
Exciting workplace with great customers and work peers.
Market Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 2, 2017
Decent culture, long commute, fun job with little opportunity for career advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with finding solutions for customer needs. The hardest part of the job is the commute. I am now very versed in construction supplies especially in safety and concrete construction fields.
Pros
Free apparel and fun workspace.
Cons
Commute, hours and expensive health insurance.
Micro Managed
Sales Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 31, 2017
The company needs competent Managers that can also relate to customers and have spent time in the sales environment. There are not enough 'kudos' for work well done and accomplishments. There are constant assumptions that are negative and rarely positive reinforcement. The hardest part of the job is related to inventory control. The inventory is unbalanced throughout the nation making customer satisfaction at a reduced level. The best part of the job is the friends I have made with inside and outside customers.
Benefits
Cons
short breaks, shipping, micro-managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.