HD Supply Employee Reviews

Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2018
I wish i could go back it was a great place to work and the managers and coworkers where very knowledgeable and professional. It was a fun place to work and if i have an opportunity to go back i absolutely will.
Steady balanced work place
delivery driver, worked in warehouse (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 13, 2018
Miss working there everybody was nice and like family was just hard in winters and summers with warehouse had no heat or air in side besides that was a nice place to work
Pros
Very good pay and bonuses
Cons
Health care
Huge company with lots of red tape
WESTERN REGION OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, WashingtonJuly 12, 2018
HD Supply bought the company (Creative Touch Interiors) just after I started. Went through an SAP implementation. Lots of unknowns. The housing market crashed while I was there.
Corporate acquisition
Product Specialist/ Metering and AMR System (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 12, 2018
HD Supply Waterworks (HDSWW) acquired my former employer company, RAMSCO, in April 2011 after I had worked for RAMSCO from March 2005 progressing through various promotional positions. For the most part the acquisition went well for most employees including myself. However, in 2014 HDSWW eliminated my position. HDSWW is a very good company with excellent opportunities for individual professional growth.
Pros
Autonomous remote telecommute work opportunities
Cons
Changing supplier situations may drive and impact employment situations
Not a job with advancment
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 11, 2018
Working for this company was okay in the beginning. But as time went on it was more and more frustrating to come to work. Pay was not up to par as well. Management is inconstant.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
No consistancy
Wonderful place of employment
Forklift Operator / Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33619July 10, 2018
Great place to work, friendly co-workers. Not to stressful. Plenty of employees so that no one person gets over whelmed with job duties. Accommodating to life schedules
Pros
Friendly employees and managers
Cons
Lots of hands on work
PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 7, 2018
Great benefits, room for advancement and the people/customers are great!!
I have worked there 10 years and love it.
Yearly review and pay increase based on performance.
Good company with fair pros
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXJuly 4, 2018
The pay is good, especially for my position. Only downfall of this was that, the first shift hour start time was too early. I started around 6 or 7 every morning, but throughout my stay there, it became earlier and earlier. Turning me to waking up at 4.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2018
Your everyday is somewhat smooth at times you have to be up and down. You meet new people and even build relationships with some customers, managers are nice the other employees are helpful and if you need anything they can help you. The best part was competing to get item of the week because you got to spin the wheel and get cash. The only thing that sucked was at times it was too slow that you had nothing to do.
Pros
good environment, pay rate reall good managers and associates friendly and helpfull
Cons
slow at times
hard work little py
Freight Associate (Current Employee) –  San Fernando, CAJuly 2, 2018
can find a better job, you get paid less than a full ti,me and do the same work as a part timer. management sucks you will not move unless they like you or know the managers
Pros
u get to work and go to school
Cons
management sucks
A good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 2, 2018
Good work environment. Management was fair. Many chances for advancement. I learned many skills while working at HD Supply. Benefits were not so good.
Old school trying to play in a modern world
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 1, 2018
Love the company but there are many gaps and opportunities for improvement they are not fast to recognize or address. They view their competition as the small guy next door but should recognize the large players who will come for their piece of the pie.
Pros
Loyal, driven
Cons
lack technology, lack drive in the right areas
Ok place to work, provided snack and lunch days
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2018
Management could be better and treat employees fairly. Hours worked are a little to much for summer time that’s why a second shift should be needed. Times unorganized
Cons
Favoritism
management
Field Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2018
hd supply has excellent and attentive management on all evels. I have always found them to be open and helpful and concerned with me reaching my goals.
find better
Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 1, 2018
not worth it. I would rather not speak bad about a former employer. thank you. I have nothing more to say about this employer or about my time working for them.
Fun Place to work
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 26, 2018
It was a Great place to work. Loved the company at first but after going public and buying out a few local companies the culture completely changed. I wish them nothing but the best in the future
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Going Public
Productive and Fun
Executive Assistant to Vice President of Sales (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 25, 2018
Great people at HD Supply to work with! Compensation and benefits needs to be worked on a bit but work life balance is awesome! All around great place to work!
Good opportunity
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 24, 2018
The branch I work at was not properly managed. The local manager was not capable enough to handle the responsibility of the business development end of the business. Some of the employees were old friends of his that were not productive.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
communication
nope
Counter Sales and Support (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSJune 20, 2018
don't do it .. don't you dare put yourself through that for the chump change they'll pay. It is an 'our market' kind of place and if you aren't '1 of those chosen' they'll be sure to let you know you're
Pros
hours
Cons
Everything else
na
Case Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 20, 2018
nhot a bad job very hot place to work fast pace work area,
managers are nice try to help but not the best help
very competitive and very dirty place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.