HD Supply Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,419 reviews
If your friends with managers then you will go far
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2019
Worked at Whitecap for a lot of years and have only seen it go downhill. Assistant branch manager leaves whenever he feels like and warehouse supervisor has a god complex. Recently just hired a former employee that didn’t work for them a whole year and is already making more than me. Sometimes it’s not what you know, it’s who you know.
Hds
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALJuly 17, 2019
The company has drastically changed and now focuses more on driving lines per hour verses sending quality product to it's customer, while sacrificing the overall safety of it's employees. Yes, the hours are demanding, however, that might be a plus to some. Overall, cooperate has failed management by simply not training them on correct processes, or providing them with enough staff.
Efficent and Bottom Line Minded
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAJuly 16, 2019
HD Supply is an efficient, business first corporation that adequately takes care of its employees. It provides sufficient training and support without offering much in the way of career advancement or extra incentives.
overall a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2019
Large company corporate office located in California overall a good place to work, great benefits, nice office cubicles, clean restrooms, easy interstate access.
Open for speculation
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2019
Management is poor in delegation. Unsafe working conditions. If you're a hard worker, expect to do others work. Quality is the LEAST of their worries. Associates are not held accountable. Much of the time, packaging items poorly or shipping the wrong and/or broken item(s). But hey, Returns needs work too, I suppose.
Current employee
Picker and material handler (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 13, 2019
Another day another dollar is the mindset to have. All workers get along. i've learned alot working at this company in different areas, they kind of nickle and dime you with the raises
not recommended
DELIVERY DRIVER-CHAROLOTTE, NC (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 13, 2019
Its a job. I wouldnt recommend working there and I didnt not enjoy my experience there. There was alot of favortism and managers did not keep their word.
Beautiful new building
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 10, 2019
If you get into the right department, HD Supply is a great place to work. Excellent benefits, nice people for the most part. There are lots of opportunities for volunteering in the community.
Loved it
Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 10, 2019
Loved the company, excellent benefits. Great company atmostphere. Branch manager was arrogant and demeaning to everyone including customers. I left because of him. If not for him I would still be there.
Overall the company is has a positive startup feeling with an industry-leader
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2019
Has a lot of potential and is growing in the right direction. Feels like upper management really cares and is available. New building is amazing and creates a great physical environment. Growth has a bit of a downside as many elements are trying to come up with the next big idea and they are still working to come up with the best management structures and systems to handle things the best way. Pay scale is on par, but incentive, bonus and vacation time could be improved.
cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAJuly 9, 2019
a cool job if you’re looking for something chill in a way. management was cool but customers could be sketch since they’re mainly workers for construction companies. i was harassed.
Run fast, run far!
Proofreader (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2019
When I first started at HD Supply, I really liked it and really liked my supervisor and the other people on my team. But due to a departmental reorganization in April 2019, I now have a new supervisor and a new department head. The latter is a micromanager, to the point where no one in my department is allowed to work from home, even when the Internet on my machine at work was out of order! It took IT 3 days to fix, during which time A) the company paid me for three days to sit and do nothing, B) I was 3 days behind on my deadlines, inconveniencing my coworkers, and C) the company had to pay me overtime for nights and weekends that week to make up the work. If I had been allowed to work from home while my office Internet was out, none of this would have happened. But it was more important that they have eyes on me than I actually get work done. CRAZY!
It was okay...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 3, 2019
My manager was amazing. The team was pretty cool, just a few people who need some talking to. The job itself was easy but it wasn’t for me. It’s hard to get the schedule you want to be honest. You have to go to a different department other than customer service to make real money. I feel customer service needs to make more than what they make. Advancement is limited somewhat. Overall good place to work for people who can do that type of job.
Pros
Awesome management, Good work and life balance.
Cons
Advancement is limited, The pay.
Good work environment
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 2, 2019
It was an good place to work but the general manager was making rules that was not in the hand book. Good coworker The manage when I was there was great he provided as with water every day an sometime Breakfast b4 we left out for the day.
Corporate not great; local branch awesome!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 2, 2019
Corporate and local branch operate differently. Corporate says it cares about it's employees, but truthfully, employees are just a number. They don't follow their own rules and change goals before given a chance to meet the first ones established.
fun workplace
Warehouse Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2019
The culture is great! The company promotes a family friendly environment, they hire employees friends and family and work hard, play hard. When I started my career, I had the best leadership that really had a desire to help me succeed.I have been working at HD Supply full-time for almost 4 years.
Pros
Good atmosphere with good people and we get free lunches.
Cons
Insurance not the best when it comes to a family plan.
its fun
DATA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2019
It really a cool place to work. Things change fast. So be able to adapt real fast. if you like to work with on team that will keep you laughing throughout the day. You will love this place. I have no regrets. I love it here!
Ehhh
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 27, 2019
It’s a good place to work. Things suck at times. Hard to advance in the company considering the kids from college come in and jump everyone in line but it is what it is. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Fun place, but not much balance
Case Picker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 26, 2019
You have a great crew, and management that cares, but the balance between work and home is nonexistent. 12 hours or more most days. Getting off early means only a 9-10 hour day.
The management and staff are fun to work with
Renovation Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAJune 26, 2019
I have been with the company for 15 years. I have learned how to manage my time and have been exposed to many computer programs. The most difficult part of the job is learning the different product lines.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.