HD Supply Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,358 reviews
Horrible management who picks favorites and is unethical and immoral.
Receptionist/ Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 22, 2019
Overall horrible place to work . You are not treated with dignity and respect. They only care about making their money. Branch manager was self serving hiring people that were unqualified to take place of ones that were. They are unethical and don’t care about any of their employees.
Pros
Cons
All bad
Awesome team ethics, friendly, great associates
Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 22, 2019
Fast paced workplace,Great industry to work in, all work gets done in a team effort in order to provide the best customer satisfaction. Always a smile on customer's faces.
Pros
PK's provided by vendors
Cons
Healthcare
Warehouse production
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2019
Warehouse production at hd supply, we product ourselves for working on packaging crates and orders to be sent out. Also we match the q number on all the boxes and stack them on the crates. We mAke sure their in the right order
FAR Field Account Rep
Field Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAApril 21, 2019
Misleading selling practices, terrible inventory reporting, extreme micro managing. Management style is berating and condescending probably the worst big company Ive ever worked for.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
Management SalesForce
Did my best
Pick Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 21, 2019
Had to help with other workers a lot because I always get finish fast I kept myself together and helped the team like I was supposed to. It's a great job and career.
pressure and frustrating
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  beach grove inApril 19, 2019
the culture is pitiful and people standing over your back as if your a 3 yo and people who want to listen to your phone calls which was lame and became frustrated . you do not want to work here unless your black.
Horrible
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2019
Worse place I ever worked for, worse management they don’t know anything l, drinking and smoking o the job, silvery unprofessional just trash !!!! I would never recommend anybody work for this company I don’t know about other states but Arizona HECK NO
Cons
Not hard work but its repetitive and taxing on the body
Warehouse Stocker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 15, 2019
As a stocker the work wasn't to complicated. But the hours we were scheduled for made it difficult for stickers to be able to do there job efficiently. For the first 5 hours of our shift we would act as customer service and constantly be interrupted in the middle of whatever we were doing. This cause us to have to work harder after the store close which made the work feel harder and put a larger load on the employees when it came to needing to get things done.
Have you ever seen a Indian tribe of just chiefs,
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2019
This location, and summary is very simple you have too experience the employment too really understand just how unsanitary and unsafe the facility and general areas are. This is the type of job that should have been on undercover boss. The major roles are the least paid, and the hardest worked, yet when looking at the annual sales, was the main seller through the annual fiscal year. The management should really step-up and create a safe work environment, rather than sitting in offices all day, complaining about calls, or worrying about joking around. Keeping a safe environment work zone, is key too a safe and injury-free work zone.
Pros
Able too utilize your experience.
Cons
All for nothing.
Worst place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 10, 2019
Think of working here? DON'T... BE FOR WARNED. This is by far the worst place to work ever. Management is so unstable it unbelievable. You confine in them with personal matters, they tell everyone your business. They talk about one another to employee's. The pay is not worth the work. Not to mention you have no time for a personal life because the work hours are super unpredictable. The workers are miserable because they hate their jobs. It's sad these people manage a company and do not no what they are doing. They don't care about the employees just about money.
Pros
None really
Cons
The whole job is bad
Nice work area just needs better pay
Stocker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAApril 10, 2019
HD Supply was a good place to start work and learn different materials from exterior to interior products in peoples everyday lives. Hours were short but the work was consistent.
Very corporate job
Purchaser (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 9, 2019
As expected if your voice isn’t really heard in the company and management isn’t all that great. My reason for leaving is due to false promises from my pay rate to the company saying they will pay for school.
Horrible management
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ONApril 7, 2019
After reading the other review on here regarding toxic management I had no choice but to write a review as well. That review is beyond accurate. When I worked there and challenged this toxic management they fired me! This Company will only continue to have a high turnover rate because the real problem isn’t being fixed.
Too Many Rotten Apples
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2019
Good company that can actually be a great company to work for if upper management spent more time addressing the day to day issues instead of paying it lip service. You also have entirely too many “I don’t care” attitudes than “I care” people employed here, thus making it a tougher journey towards success. Micromanagement seems to be the norm around here, but for all the wrong reasons.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Micromanaging
HD Supply
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAApril 3, 2019
HD Supply was my first full time job, I worked in customer service for 4 years. I attempted to grow within the company but was not given the opportunity to advance.
Sr. Multifamily Portfolio Representative (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 2, 2019
none- not willing to discuss this company, they have been good to me. The culture is great and its a good starter career .good luck to those who work there
Great Pay/Toxic Culture
Field Account Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONApril 1, 2019
The field and the clients are fantastic. Great opportunity. The management group is incredibly toxic and they have implemented a sequence of accountabilities shirking that results in the bottom levels having high churn rates. Until the company realizes this and replaces these individuals this will not change.
Great
Warehouse fabricator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2019
Great company to work for i loved working here was a great place met wonderful people had a life experience would gladly work for this company or an affiliate in any opportunity.
Warehouse facility/benefits
Warehouse Facility Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MD 21076March 28, 2019
Great benefits. Fast and producive pace facility. If you are able to work out in warehouse in hot and cold weather this is the place to be. Very busy warehouse.
What its like working
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2019
Your not micro managed. IF you have any questions or issues. Everyone on your tell is willing to help you understand. Hardest part is when processes change. Some associates don't get the memo.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
poor communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.