HD Supply Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,322 reviews
HD Supply is a very good company to work for
Sr. Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2019
HD Supply is a very good company to work for. I joined HD Supply on 6th of July, 2016. I got a very positive experience working there - my manager was very supportive and creative in managing our small and very cohesive DBA team.
good worklife balance, terrible benefits
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 19, 2019
healthcare is not as good as Obamacare - it's a joke. They push you to have annual physicals, and to stay in shape, and in return they offer you healthcare that is crazy expensive and covers virtually nothing.
Pros
working remote
Cons
culture is a bit odd.
Good Enviroment
Maintenance Manager/Technician (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 18, 2019
Very nice place to work management easy to work with
Employees very good
Position created easily to implement improvements and ideas were very accepted at other locations
Pros
Rewards with employee lunches
Cons
Awesome caring company that will skill build you to advance your career with in the company.
Customer Care Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Productive, Awesome, Family company, Friendly!! It's the kind of company you will say to your self wow I,M PROUD TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY,THERE'S SUPPORT TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO climb the corporate ladder!!! It's Just AWESOME!!!!
Pros
Wonderful place to work !!!
Cons
There are no cons !!!
Look elsewhere, avoid sw ont - avoid Brafasco!!!
everyone's b*tch (Former Employee) –  CanadaFebruary 11, 2019
very poor culture, playing favorites and smart people are penalized.
still operating in the 1980's and they're proud of it
favorite saying "we've always done it this way"
micromanaging everyone from sales to head office
Pros
most co-workers are ok, as long as they aren't throwing you under the bus
Cons
way too many to list, just run!
moving up
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 8, 2019
Moving up within the company was hard. A Lot of favoritism needed in order to prosper within the company. Some managers needed to learn how to lead vs bossing associates around.
Basically a temp job even if you are full time
Warehouse Associate II (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALFebruary 7, 2019
I’m just going to be honest here, this is bascailly a”in-between” place of employment for all warehouse associates. Meaning, if you are looking for immediate work to handled business at home, then apply for a chance to be employed here. If you’re looking for a long term place of employment to grow within, steer clear of here. The only real hours you will get are from the months of May until October,then after that from October til May, you will probably get 30 hours a week. You don’t get paid much for what you really do for real and there is no opportunity to grow in this company. The only reason I got all my hours was because I got promoted to a warehouse associate 2, but the raises weren’t even that much. Even with my new position as a warehouse associate 2 with all the experience I had accumulated (which was 5 going on 6 years worth) I only accumulated $2.65 cents. Summing up that I got hired on in April, 2013 making $11.25 an hour and when I left in January, 2019 because I was offered a better employment opportunity my hourly pay was $13.90. That’s sad and a sign that this is a “in-between” job as I stayed in the beginning of my review. They only give you one raise throughout the year and it’s an annual raise, and as you can tell by the $2.65 that was awarded over a 5 year spand, it ain’t much. You can be the best employee, never calling off, never getting points, always meeting your employment goals for the entire year and they will still give you like a 30¢ raise. Then your co-workers aren’t no better, but that’s another long story that I choose to not discuss because  more... I don’t focus on other people and the petty things they do, i was too focused on myself and my pay. On the bright side, like in every situation where there is something bad there is something good. You get a huge amount of pto time. Like when I left my annual vacation time was like 120 hours, then I had 3 floating holidays, a personal paid day off, a wellness day, and 56 hours worth of sick time. All of those days you get paid on when you use them. Plus you get paid for the federal holidays and you are off on all of them and you get the weekends off. You also get like a lil bonus check around April too. But don’t let all this pto time and a bonus Check in April distract you from the fact that you will barly be getting any hours to handle business at home.  less
Pros
Pto time and the fact that you are employed to handle your business
Cons
Everything else besides pto time and being able to handle your business at home, especially barely getting any hours after October leading all the way up to May
A fair workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJFebruary 3, 2019
Your experience working at HD Supply will be dependent on how much you are willing to commit to your time there.

Tardiness, laziness, and a poor attitude are an easy way out of the door if that's what you're looking for. Otherwise, do your job, put in a modest effort, and you'll find a workplace that can be very considerate of your situation and needs. Floor work demands a good amount of labor, there is no way around that. However, if you keep up a positive attitude and show a good work ethic, you'll find others are more than willing to help you and lessen the burden that you have to take on. If you work hard, try to work with them to deal with any performance issues, follow proper procedures, and are punctual, you'll have no troubles staying at the company for the long haul.

If there is anything that can be a worry at the company, it's upward mobility. At the ground level, getting a job is not too difficult and it's not unusual for temp workers and part time employees to be given the opportunity to go full time. With time, becoming a lead, earning pay increases, and even reaching management level is a possibility. The issue comes in that being a manager is not a desirable position at HD Supply and the turn over rate for management has been an issue. Long hours are common and management have little incentive to want to pursue those hours due to being paid a salary. Being a lead or regular associate and collecting overtime pay can even pay out better than becoming a manager, which makes the main means of upward mobility as a false hope for many.

Overall, HD Supply is
  more... a workplace that will be what you make of it. It is not particularly great, but it cannot be called poor either. As long as you come in with the right expectations and mindset, you'll have no trouble making it into a place you can stay.  less
Pros
Plenty of overtime, good policies in place to keep order
Cons
Management and lead positions aren't desirable, long hours can wear you out
Overworked and under paid
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2019
As a salaried employee you work a lot of hours and your immediate management support is none existent. They are there only for what they need and do not mentor you. The upper management executives are very good with support and direction.
From Good to Terrible
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2019
Been with this company a few years now currently at the Charlotte, NC location. The pay isn’t that great for the work they ask of their employees especially working in all elements. The mangers/supervisors are terrible, unprofessional and inconsiderate the least. If you’re looking for a job with position advancements this is not the place.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
HD Supply
Outbound Forklift Operator/Order selecting clerk (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2019
I was excited about working for this company in the beginning because I felt it would give me a place to grow and make a career. Unfortunately this was not the case. I have showed up, and no one took notice. This particular site is about who you know and how close you are. Everyone in office is comfortable and the outside workers are not in advancement status as far as I have been treated.
Benefits are great and the job isn't hard just steady. I just hope and wish that there will be a change in ability to grow with the company down the line.
They went public and tanked
Field Service Account Rep (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 23, 2019
HD was a great place to work when they were private, when they went public it all changed. It was terrible on the sales team, our goals doubled and the reporting requirements doubled as well. We spent more time documenting work than we did working.
Consistent
Stock picking (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 22, 2019
No matter the weather, everyday was like ground hog day. Everyone knew their job and generally got along and worked together. We could all count on being busy.
Good Company Culture
MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 21, 2019
Based in Altanta GA, HD Supply White Cap is a leading supplier of building materials for medium-to-large contractors with stores throught the US and Canada. Good work life balance.
No equality
Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJJanuary 21, 2019
too much nepotism in same departments.
for example
there are direct relatives working together in same departments.

managemnt team needs to be professional and the upper managers has favortism with some of the ladys in repack and other departments.

Easy place to work overall except long hours for no reason. if EVERYBODY actually worked, there would not a be reason to stay late evry nite. managers repeat the same rules everyday and NEVER enforce them.
Pros
breaks and lunch
Cons
no work life balance
Fun place with a lot of monthly activities
Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee) –  Calera, ALJanuary 20, 2019
every month there is a board where all activities for the month are posted. Making it very fun and enjoyable, the people who work there are very friendly, creating a wonderful environment.
Pros
yes they provide free lunch sometimes
Cons
with a fifteen minutes breaks every two hours.
Disorganzied, no accountability
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2019
Company is need of major leadership change. Job roles and responsibilities are unclear and no one takes ownership of things, and as a result, no one seems to be held accountable. Everyone seems to be trying to prove themselves, taking credit for other's work and then blaming others when things don't work out. Projects are approved with inaccurate cost/benefit, and often seem to run over budget. Little to no collaboration between departments. Salaries are decent but other benefits are pathetic.
Great compensation, poor work/life balance
RENOVATIONS SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 15, 2019
Almost zero training. Dropped into territory with nearest client 30 miles away, furthest about 85 miles. Spent 4-5 hours per day getting into and out of territory.

Received overachievement bonus, therefore my goal was raised.
Several major accounts were incentivized to purchase online. These sales in my territory were not counted towards my goal.

Worked 70 to 75 hours per week and still never felt like I could get caught up. Constant additional administrative work need, kept from producing sales.

My numbers were slipping. Management just told me; "Just keep doing what your doing." Absolutely no support.

Constant management changes. Continual supply chain issues.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Never resolving ongoing supply chain issues, lack of training
ok environment
Material Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day, everyday of delivering materials. Work is good, steady. Frustrated with growth & income, for whats expected daily......................
Very relaxed atmosphere and cordial
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAJanuary 14, 2019
I love the environment at HD Supply. I definitely love the Management and the company as a whole. they are understanding to personal and unexpected events in our lives as employees. They do their best to make it comfortable to work at HD Supply.
Pros
employee appreciation services week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HD Supply. Our community is ready to answer.