HSBC Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Internship (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 20, 2018
Great experience because of good boss and mentor. Colleagues are also fun and nice to get along with. Given a lot of autonomy to work independently. Recommended.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Nil
Work life balance and overall
Corporate Actions Associate (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 14, 2018
I loved my work in HSBC it helped me grow and become better. I realized my talents and what I can do for the company. I was able to find time to explore on other things that I can do.
Pros
Have time for my development
Cons
Lacks appreciation for talent
Clear direction
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 26, 2018
It is important to develop good working relationship with fellow colleagues from various departments in order to enhance the quality of work in the organisation. Taking initiative and being objective in making decisions at work is crucial.
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 14, 2018
HSBC is a good place to work. I had to quit the job due to the implementation of automation in Singapore region. We used to interact with Relation Manager and also with customers.
I started my career in HSBC net where I used take care of documents of customer before they were on-boarded.
Pros
There were no scope for free launches
Cons
Depends on Business requirement
Excellent environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaMarch 31, 2018
Great place to work.Excellent environment.Right place to start your career.More opportunity to move to next level in your career.Good growth.9 years of great experience in the bank made me confident person
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Nil
Good and fun place to work at
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hong kong/SingaporeMarch 20, 2018
Great place to work at and able to meet many people and learn different culture. Good work opportunity and equality. Many events cater for different countries people and culture. However long working hours due to backward system. Great place with great boss to work with.
Pros
Good overseas opportunity
Cons
fun place but i didn't fit in
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  RafflesFebruary 9, 2018
my boss was the same one from AIA. he entrusted the seniors to work by themselves. i was one of them. i couldn't cope with working alone after working with my teammates for 2 years. i really struggled.
CDD On-Boarding Associate (Current Employee) –  RafflesJanuary 19, 2018
HSBC implements training on a frequent basis for workers to learn new skills and update ourselves to match with latest regulatory updates. This increases the productivity of all.
Na
Contract CDD Officer (Current Employee) –  HSBC BuildingJanuary 18, 2018
My Job involves liaising with different people from different departments. So far, it has been a united environment, everybody tries to deliver their part so that we can as a whole complete our tasks.
Stable bank
Client Manager, Due Diligence (Former Employee) –  RafflesDecember 12, 2017
It is a bank with a long history globally and in Singapore. Many of the processes are defined by there is a lack of training for new staff, so everything needs to be learnt by initiative.
organised
Shadow (Former Employee) –  Greater LondonNovember 13, 2017
Got in quite early and everything was in a very ordered way, everything had something to do and everything had a reason to be there, overall just another financial office
Special Grade Clerk - Credit Operations (Former Employee) –  Mapletree business citySeptember 11, 2017
Before I left the company, a system was introduced to track the productivity of operations. Which enable line managers to have a clear view of team and individual productivity and able to properly advice the team members on areas to improve.
Friendly and supportive in progression
AVP Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  OrchardAugust 24, 2017
The environment in HSBC allows staffs to grow in their roles and in career progressions.

Managers encourages staffs in speaking up their views and feedbacks on improvements and possible enhancement to build a better work environment.

Staffs are also encouraged to apply for roles within the country or overseas for career progressions.
Busy Work place
Adminstrative (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 21, 2017
Everyone going by here and there. Busy with customers and meeting with them. Alway making reviews on what happening. Chatting around free time and giving comment about new customers.
Pros
More Job handling
Cons
Hours seem long
Specific roles delegated
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Raffles PlaceJuly 28, 2017
Worked as secretary in the Legal & Compliance department. job include supporting senior executive and team of 8 executives in daily secretarial duties and ad hoc projects or events.
Credit Control Executive (Former Employee) –  Mapletree Business CityJune 30, 2017
My team members are helpful, even when a mistake is made they will take their time to teach me or correct me. My avp has a very hands off approach he trusts us to make our own judgements. The departments are very inclusive they didnt treat me like a temp worker but one of their own. They constantly look out for opportunities for me.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
The singaporean work culture where you have to work longer to show your hard work.
DEcent place to learn
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJune 20, 2017
company is very process driven

responsive to client demands

management is competent

workplace is very segmented

hardest part was dealing with people and clients that can be very demanding

enjoyed the high amounts of leave.
Work too long hours
AVP (Former Employee) –  RafflesJune 15, 2017
Due to restructuring, many staffs are working long hours to cover for the shortage of staff. The knowledge had been lost when the old staff are being retrenched.
Cons
Working hours are too long
Flexible and friendly environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  OrchardJune 4, 2017
Enjoyable, flexible and friendly environment in working culture. Open workspace concept which does not restrict us into a cubical and we have wide interaction with colleagues within the company. Made work done easier and being openness.
Good environment, but be careful.
Advance Wealth Manager (RBWM) (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJune 4, 2017
Overall HSBC is a good place to work in. Colleagues are friendly and helpful.No discrimination.

However do be careful of the management. More often than not, they would want to protect their "rice bowl" at your expense. Although the organisation claims to be open, you will sometime find it hard to express or share your views.

Salary wise is acceptable, bonus is acceptable.

If your intention is to do a Sales role in HSBC, I would recommend otherwise. Discretionary bonus for sales role, not ideally the best as you may not get paid for the effort you put in.
Pros
Friendly working environment, good salary scale.
Cons
Discretionary bonus for sales role, not ideally the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K