HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 74 reviews matching the search See all 12,412 reviews
Na
AVP, Checker, KYC Operations, Corporate Banking (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 29, 2019
No transparency Management, news comes too sudden and you are not well informed in advance eg outsourcing of work to offshore.

complicated process and keep changing.
Pros
Remote working
Cons
Long hours & unfriendly & unhelpful colleagues, not a good training ground
Great work life balance
Analyst/Accountant & Co-Founder (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 13, 2019
Overall supportive culture, great place to work in. Management allows flexibility to work from home and gives time off for emergencies. Benefits are great as well.
What I love about my role
Sales and Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 15, 2019
The most enjoyable part of my role is working with clients, understanding their needs and finding solutions to make their life easier.

I enjoy the collaboration between departments working towards a common goal.
HSBC Singapore
Senior Account Acquisition Officer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 15, 2019
Achieve monthly sales goals in effective outbound calls while delivering excellent service. Ensure continuous improvement in service quality. Work closely with other departments and business partners to fulfill customer’s needs. Focus on personal loans products.
A good job opportunity.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Raffles PlaceApril 13, 2019
New management in this department is much better than the previous one. Very understanding and there are many opportunities not only in Singapore but globally.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Great work place
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMarch 19, 2019
I have been to this place since 1 year. Awesome place to learn new things, meet nice people in a supportive environment. Great office area to work as well.
Collaborative culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 15, 2019
Collaborative culture and welcoming work environment. Strong risk management with long term vision. Common to see employees with over 10, 15 years of experience with the institution.
A great place to meet people of different walks of life
Customer Service Associate (Special Grade Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Holland VillageJanuary 8, 2019
A place I truly enjoyed working as I met numerous people from different walks of life. I had to work in a relatively fast paced environment as well as be meticulous when dealing with cash. Built my interest in customer service line by interacting and showing empathy to people when needed. I was nominated as a service hero for portraying exemplary customer service in 2007.
Good teamwork and communication
Sales & Relationship Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Raffles PlaceNovember 2, 2018
Workplace culture was very positive. Sales & RM team were very bonded and work was always enjoyable. Head of department was very fun and humble, treated his team members equally and did not discriminate.
Pros
Fun and productive team, very little pressure
Cons
Not much potential for promotion
Engaging Work Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 26, 2018
The work ambiance is engaging with helpful colleagues. However, organisation is a large MNC hence, changes are slow and many work are still manual and communications between departments are fragmented. Staff are willing to go extra mile for customer service and problem solving, however, due to the fragemented culture amongst departments, the process becomes a tedious maze of back and forth communication.
Pros
Staff Health Benefits
Cons
Long hours, fragmented culture with organisation
productive workplace
Internship - Global Standards Department (Former Employee) –  RafflesSeptember 25, 2018
Everyone is extremely focused when it come to HSBC, which in turn becomes its drawback. The work culture is great, but the employee often tabao and eat while wokring
Good place to work and grow
Distribution Development and Support (Current Employee) –  SingaporeJuly 8, 2018
Good leadership and culture
Great support from colleagues

Good opportunity to learn an opportunity to move to other roles within the bank

Good place to grow and learn
Pros
Good worklife balance
Cons
Occasional long hours
Productive and fun
Internship (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJune 20, 2018
Great experience because of good boss and mentor. Colleagues are also fun and nice to get along with. Given a lot of autonomy to work independently. Recommended.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Nil
Clear direction
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 26, 2018
It is important to develop good working relationship with fellow colleagues from various departments in order to enhance the quality of work in the organisation. Taking initiative and being objective in making decisions at work is crucial.
Fantastic place to work
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  SingaporeMay 14, 2018
HSBC is a good place to work. I had to quit the job due to the implementation of automation in Singapore region. We used to interact with Relation Manager and also with customers.
I started my career in HSBC net where I used take care of documents of customer before they were on-boarded.
Pros
There were no scope for free launches
Cons
Depends on Business requirement
good
Executive (Former Employee) –  Dhoby GhautApril 8, 2018
● Prepared clients’ information for the Systems Input Unit
● Drafted letters for customers
● Compiled the Fire Insurance documents

was my vacation job
Good and fun place to work at
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hong kong/SingaporeMarch 20, 2018
Great place to work at and able to meet many people and learn different culture. Good work opportunity and equality. Many events cater for different countries people and culture. However long working hours due to backward system. Great place with great boss to work with.
Pros
Good overseas opportunity
Cons
fun place but i didn't fit in
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  RafflesFebruary 9, 2018
my boss was the same one from AIA. he entrusted the seniors to work by themselves. i was one of them. i couldn't cope with working alone after working with my teammates for 2 years. i really struggled.
CDD On-Boarding Associate (Current Employee) –  RafflesJanuary 19, 2018
HSBC implements training on a frequent basis for workers to learn new skills and update ourselves to match with latest regulatory updates. This increases the productivity of all.
Na
Contract CDD Officer (Current Employee) –  HSBC BuildingJanuary 18, 2018
My Job involves liaising with different people from different departments. So far, it has been a united environment, everybody tries to deliver their part so that we can as a whole complete our tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54.8K