H&M Employee Reviews

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 5,498 reviews
Fun workplace,Productive,Learning culture
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  SingaporeSeptember 5, 2018
Working in Hennes&Mauritz gain my skills to be able to communicate easily. It also teaches me about the recycle movement that not many Singaporeans are able to commit. I have gain to be able to keep uo with the trend thats going on. Not only in fashion sense, I have also gain my teamwork skills in order to cooperate and work with my seniors and colleagues. Also,by gaining my sense of responsibilty when seniors are not working and taking care of my department.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long hours of working
Family like work enviornment
Part Time Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  HarbourFrontJuly 9, 2018
Typical day at work is when you get a little angry over the planning/scheduling of the day or you could be mad over fellow colleagues or the customers at that point of day sucks majorly. But my colleagues are almost like my family even though they make me mad half of the time but they are imperfectly perfect in their own ways. Management and area team can be improved as we had to go through so many changes within 2 years, it is not good as there is no consistency to stick with. We always have to be on our toes to adapt properly. Hardest part of the job is remembering to stay patient. Most enjoyable part is when there are treats from the management team.
Pros
Pantry, treats from area team on christmas, treats from management team
Cons
The planning of scheduling and the daily
Fun
Sales Assistance (Former Employee) –  313 orchardMay 25, 2018
Overall you get to learn about and adapt to the pace of the fashion industry, you get to learn about the different type of clothes handling and dealing with different people everyday.
Pros
Staff discount on apparel
Cons
very fast pace
Productive and fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  OrchardMarch 26, 2018
A typical day at work would be going work early in the morning to open store and getting ready for the day, walking and hands on every min in the meantime i have learn to fold clothes the proper way and many more. The management was great, the schedule was reasonable and in work life balance as well. the culture was okay, everyone is helping each other no matter how fast or slow in times of peak hours & trouble, getting/doing things done as fast & smooth. Professionalism! The hardest part of the job is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun and Lively
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  PunggolMarch 16, 2018
H&M is a fast-paced company that will always keep you going. When you come to work there is always something to do. The managers are very understanding.
Fun place to work at
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  OrchardMarch 7, 2018
Job is relatively easy. Fast paced and Busy workplace but time passes by really fast! Latest management team are biased. Values are great to follow! Work routine makes job easy to manage.
Good experience
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  SerangoonFebruary 28, 2018
It was a good experience learning where I was able to complete the task given within a certain timing. I was able to improve my multitasking skills and my communication between me and customer imrove as well
fun place
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  KallangFebruary 7, 2018
I worked here only one and a half month but the manager and other colleagues taught me everything with politely with patient manner. we had lot of fun while working
Pros
fun colleagues
Cons
early morning shift
Friendly , fun , outgoing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Suntec cityJanuary 7, 2018
It was the best experience working in h&m , they are all friendly , outgoing and supportive towards one another but i had to leave the job as i seemingly not getting enough rest . It's recommended to those whose energetic .
Pros
Long break
Cons
Rush hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (SA) & SA Mentor (Former Employee) –  VivocityOctober 9, 2017
In a typical day in my last position, i fulfilled the management task of opening and closing of the facilities. Ensure that the item is well organized and filled. Overseeing staff make sure that staff is at varies location and completed their task. Counting the cash float for the cashier counter.Displaying new stock following the current trend.

I've learned to become a leader managing the store. Assist the manager with reports and paperwork. The management team has been motivating me to become a better leader to the other colleagues.
The hardest part of the job is the encounter difficult customer, but therefore its is a new challenge for me and build up my customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is the colleagues that we have work the connection among each other the teamwork.
Pros
Free snacks, lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Fun & outgoing envoirment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  OrchardJune 15, 2017
Been working as a retail assistant like mostly 3-4 years. My experience with them is full filled for now. I'm going to try other jobs for more experience to gain. Yup, life is too short, so we need to keep moving, or you might stuck & lost nowhere to go.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Long hours but based on busy period
Fun environment!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  JemJune 2, 2017
H&M really helped me in terms of communications, as I got to interact with different people everytime I was working. I was taught how to communicate efficiently and effectively and to always have a smile on my face whatever the situation may be.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Long hours, especially when we were short of staff often during the peak period
friendly environment
retail assistant (Former Employee) –  PunggolMay 30, 2017
the working hours are short but have to start work very early in the morning. not much of a place for me to gain much experience as the period are short working there.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  PunggolMay 1, 2017
Every morning when i work AM shift, me and other staffs will do stock replenishments. After a week i work as a sales assistant there, my manager teach me how to do cashiering. That's what i learned there.
Pros
Free fuits
Cons
Need to do extra work during holiday
Good place to start off a retailing career
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  SingaporeApril 30, 2017
H&M is a good place to start off a retailing career because the new staff are appointed mentors who are there to teach and guide you the culture and ways of working. I'd learned that in H&M, position and age does not matter as work etiquette is above all, and with the management, anything is possible. We worked as a team and no one was ever directly blamed for anything. There was no hardest part of this job as it was all enjoyable as a whole but what I enjoyed most of this job was getting to know my customers well as we receive many types of patrons who are willing to share us their day.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Difficulty of being appointed our expected number of hours per week
Healthy working environment
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  VivocityApril 1, 2017
Positive vibe in the working environment. Everyone is supportive including the superiors. Worker's welfare and morale are well managed. Overall a good experience for a part timer who seek exposure in the working industry.
Pros
Happy environment, strong teamwork
Cons
Long hours, lack of manpower on certain shifts
Good management = Good/Fun working place
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  SingaporeFebruary 16, 2017
The only reason i stayed long in the company is because of the colleagues which i have bonded with and became grew really close over the 2 years.
I don't like the management. If you want advancement, be ready for the "politics".
Despite doing the same things everyday which you will get bored of, i did gain alot of experiences and knowledge.

Overall H&M is a really good company, but unluckily how good the management is dependable on which country you are gonna be working at.
Hectic
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Jurong EastJanuary 11, 2017
Work was very hectic due to the high number of customers in the store thus i had to run around for most of the time to tidy up the areas and also do cashiering when needed.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
RETAIL SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  SingaporeJanuary 10, 2017
Fast paced and fun working environment with excellent colleagues. Colleagues were very patient when teaching new comers and it was a nice environment to work in.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
Fun and enjoyable working place.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  PunggolAugust 8, 2016
I have learn to interact well with customers and handle the job with ease with the help from my co-workers. Working life as fairly stable because the daily needs are very achievable if effort is put into.
Pros
supply lockers and pantry
Cons
dealing with stubborn customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at H&M. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K