Google Management reviews

It can be tough to be a temp staff
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 28, 2018
While it's great to have access to a Google office and work alongside Googlers, it can be painful to be reminded that you're a 'lesser' employee when office announcements often contain 'for FTES* only'.

However, Google is a big company; each team can be very different with each other so one's experience can depend on one's team. After a restructuring, my team's new management is horrible to us, temps. Due to large volumes of turnover, our most senior manager finally met us personally with apologies and promises to fix things.

Lo and behold, we all were served with a layoff notice via email a few weeks ago because the management has turned the team's model into that of vendors so all the temps will be out by the end of the year. We weren't warned before this and when people voiced out their anxiety with the aforementioned manager, she was taken aback and surprised with our reaction as she thought the news wasn't a big deal and >6 months of notice is more than sufficient. Such is the lack of empathy and connection between temps and the highest management of my team. Fyi, all the improvement measures would be thrown out the window with this change as well.

*Full time employees.
Pros
Free lunch, you get to work at Google and with Googlers
Cons
You will be treated differently
productive and fun work place
mailroom officer (Former Employee) –  Pasir PanjangMay 8, 2017
*i learned how to create a indipendant strong in mailroom office as a officer under the pressure.
* i do beyone the call of duty by seeking out and following up on additional responsibilities and contribute frequently to department meetings.
* is not any harders part on work all are easy to understand and i like the management team about the management system
* workpalce enviroment are very productive
Pros
free lunch
Provide One Stop Service to foreigners in Thailand
Web Content Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marina BayMarch 15, 2017
Good work/life balance with reasonable pay. Good Diversity in the company and management and fair treatment.

Maintain good customer service, follow up systematically
Best work Culture
Program Manager - DVIP (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 18, 2016
Best work Culture. Transparency in management. Inspiring and innovative environment. No stress at work. The hard work and achievements are always appreciated and reconised
Pros
Best work Culture
Cons
Big Org

Want to know more about Google?

Ask a question