Google Employee Reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 2,710 reviews
Productive and culture diversity workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  TaiwanDecember 3, 2018
Google has its own culture diversity and fun work place for the employees. I enjoyed working in such productive company and also proud of being part of the googler.
Pros
Free food, free entertainment
As brilliant as it looks in the movies
Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  SingaporeOctober 31, 2018
Working for Google is probably the best working experience of my life and i've worked for some of the top American advertising agencies. The corporate culture is super diverse and mature.
Pros
Free Food, not chained to your desk, no micro management
It's a good place to work, although I wasn't very lucky
Site Reliability Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bezirk Zürich, ZHOctober 27, 2018
I think Google is a nice place to work. They really care about employees and the conditions are fantastic. At first, you feel yourself like in paradise. The food is excellent and free, you can get tea or coffee at any time of the day. There are also other facilities like a gym. Unfortunately, I had a lack of understanding with my host which made the work on the project itself not a very positive experience. This can happen, but it's not a typical situation at Google, all the other interns I know had a different experience.
Productive And Interesting Working Environment
Square Data & Analytics Trainee (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 16, 2018
No restriction on your working environment/style, you can freely move around the office. Love working with them. Everyday has to overcome new challenges, which never make working life boring.
Fun, but not the best place to advance if you're not an engineer
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 14, 2018
Fun, but not the best place to advance if you're not an engineer. The benefits, especially health ones are top notch.

Since it is a massive company, you should manage your expectations on how much impact can you make in your first couple of years.
It can be tough to be a temp staff
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  SingaporeApril 28, 2018
While it's great to have access to a Google office and work alongside Googlers, it can be painful to be reminded that you're a 'lesser' employee when office announcements often contain 'for FTES* only'.

However, Google is a big company; each team can be very different with each other so one's experience can depend on one's team. After a restructuring, my team's new management is horrible to us, temps. Due to large volumes of turnover, our most senior manager finally met us personally with apologies and promises to fix things.

Lo and behold, we all were served with a layoff notice via email a few weeks ago because the management has turned the team's model into that of vendors so all the temps will be out by the end of the year. We weren't warned before this and when people voiced out their anxiety with the aforementioned manager, she was taken aback and surprised with our reaction as she thought the news wasn't a big deal and >6 months of notice is more than sufficient. Such is the lack of empathy and connection between temps and the highest management of my team. Fyi, all the improvement measures would be thrown out the window with this change as well.

*Full time employees.
Pros
Free lunch, you get to work at Google and with Googlers
Cons
You will be treated differently
Productive and fun workplace
Squared Data & Analytics Trainee (Former Employee) –  SingaporeDecember 3, 2017
A typical day at work is always productive yet not exhausting. People are very friendly. I've learned a lot during my short stint here. The management are always looking to push Google further.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Culture focused
productive and fun work place
mailroom officer (Former Employee) –  Pasir PanjangMay 8, 2017
*i learned how to create a indipendant strong in mailroom office as a officer under the pressure.
* i do beyone the call of duty by seeking out and following up on additional responsibilities and contribute frequently to department meetings.
* is not any harders part on work all are easy to understand and i like the management team about the management system
* workpalce enviroment are very productive
Pros
free lunch
Provide One Stop Service to foreigners in Thailand
Web Content Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marina BayMarch 15, 2017
Good work/life balance with reasonable pay. Good Diversity in the company and management and fair treatment.

Maintain good customer service, follow up systematically
Best work Culture
Program Manager - DVIP (Current Employee) –  SingaporeMay 18, 2016
Best work Culture. Transparency in management. Inspiring and innovative environment. No stress at work. The hard work and achievements are always appreciated and reconised
Pros
Best work Culture
Cons
Big Org
APAC Talent Sourcer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Raffles PlaceFebruary 24, 2014
Google is a great place to work and learn, interesting and challending things to do here. Good environment and nice people, amazing culture of helping each other.